PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checkin in!!

I just did a nexxus emergencee....then i applied roux moisuture recovery and gvp joico kpak ( i know too much:lachen:)

Going to rinse now and DC with Alter Ego Garlic:lick:

Took my braids out :drunk:

Did an oil rinse to get out any left over shed hairs. Did a light shampoo with Dr. Bronner's shikakai soap. Henna, Joico K-Pak, DC'd with a mix of silk elements megasilk conditioner, castor oil, amla oil and molasses. My hair is a 10, hands down. I used Giovanni 50/50 balance conditioner as a leave in and sealed with vatika oil. That was last night and my hair is still a 10. It is soft and strong and THICK. My hair has never felt this way before. Can you tell I'm excited?! LOL

Took my braids out :drunk:

Did an oil rinse to get out any left over shed hairs. Did a light shampoo with Dr. Bronner's shikakai soap. Henna, Joico K-Pak, DC'd with a mix of silk elements megasilk conditioner, castor oil, amla oil and molasses. My hair is a 10, hands down. I used Giovanni 50/50 balance conditioner as a leave in and sealed with vatika oil. That was last night and my hair is still a 10. It is soft and strong and THICK. My hair has never felt this way before. Can you tell I'm excited?! LOL
YOU EXCITED! ME TOO!:clap: HAPPY TO HEAR YOUR HAIR IS SOFT , STRONG, AND THICK. LIKE I SAID EARLIER "I CAN GET USE TO THIS STRONG HAIR":yep::woot:

I did another DC with MT today. My hair is growing thick and full. I am switching my DC's between MT and ORS. Starting tomorrow, I have decided to try washing every two weeks. Wish me luck...lol....(I love to cowash, so this will be a challenge)

Okay y'all, my hair feels like a 10!

Last night, after pooing I DC'd with a mixture of Aphogee 2 Min & Silk Elements Olive Moisturizing Treatment (ratio was about 1:8). My hair felt great afterward and I only lost about 10 hairs when I detangled. I usually don't count but there were so few that I couldn't help myself!

I over did it this weekend!!! I got some silk amino acid and put it in my leave in. I put wayyyyyy to much! After I took my rollers out there was crazy breakage! And my hair was super dry and frizzy. So I moisturized and sealed then put by hair in 3 baggied Bantu knots, later when I took it down it was beautiful and soft! I love baggying! Saves my hair everytime!

I over did it this weekend!!! I got some silk amino acid and put it in my leave in. I put wayyyyyy to much! After I took my rollers out there was crazy breakage! And my hair was super dry and frizzy. So I moisturized and sealed then put by hair in 3 baggied Bantu knots, later when I took it down it was beautiful and soft! I love baggying! Saves my hair everytime!

How much is too much? I ordered some SAA and it's due to arrive today. Wanna make sure I'm doing the right amount. Thanks.

Okay y'all, my hair feels like a 10!

Last night, after pooing I DC'd with a mixture of Aphogee 2 Min & Silk Elements Olive Moisturizing Treatment (ratio was about 1:8). My hair felt great afterward and I only lost about 10 hairs when I detangled. I usually don't count but there were so few that I couldn't help myself!
You go girl! Glad to hear you had a good hair day, Thats great only 10 hairs.

Hi Friends - washed hair with Therappe - used PM Super Strong Treatment while in shower with plastic cap....doesn't need a moisturizing DC ....lovin' this stuff right about now!

Ok, I believe that I may have this protein/moisture thing down.

I washed last night with Nexxus Therapy. I then mixed Nexxus Emergencee with Nexxus Keraphix, put a baggie on and went to sleep. This morning I rinsed out the mixture and applied a drop of Nexxus Humectress and sealed with coconut oil.

This is the best that my hair has EVER felt! :grin:

Definitely a 10.

ETA: I can't believe that after all of these YEARS, all my hair needed was consistent protein use. Grrrr. Oh well, better late than never.

Last edited:
I out 3 droppers full of it in a 10oz (I think) spray bottle with aloe vera juice. today i poured some out and filled it back up with plain water and I think thats STILL too much. I only had to put 3-4 drops in my mascara, so i know it was over kill!

Hi Friends - washed hair with Therappe - used PM Super Strong Treatment while in shower with plastic cap....doesn't need a moisturizing DC ....lovin' this stuff right about now!
I figured out why your hair looks so good. You use good quality products on your hair. Keep up the good work

Ok, I believe that I may have this protein/moisture thing down.

I washed last night with Nexxus Therapy. I then mixed Nexxus Emergencee with Nexxus Keraphix, put a baggie on and went to sleep. This morning I rinsed out the mixture and applied a drop of Nexxus Humectress and sealed with coconut oil.

This is the best that my hair has EVER felt! :grin:

Definitely a 10.

ETA: I can't believe that after all of these YEARS, all my hair needed was consistent protein use. Grrrr. Oh well, better late than never.
And you are also using good quality products. Glad to hear you figured it out. Just think of how many ladies on the boards are still afraid to use protein.
Congrats to you!

i did a five minute treatment with bed head dumb blonde on sunday and my hair still feels like a ten. this will be in heavy rotation with my joico reconstructor.

I figured out why your hair looks so good. You use good quality products on your hair. Keep up the good work

Thanks Trish!!!

I am really diggin' how strong my hair feels... I don't know about anyone else but my hair is growing faster and I am able to retain more.

I use protein at every wash and since I do it so often I only use my protein in the shower but I will moisturize much longer if not overnight (which I do the majority of the time)

The PJ in me can't wait to use up my stuff so I can buy some more...

Ummm, you have great stuff in your arsenal as well Ma'am!!!!:grin::grin::grin::notworthy

Did 30 minutes nexxus emergencee and doing 30 mins ors now...man that emergencee never ceases to amaze me! I'm always in shock of how good my hair feels immediately after use! Gonna blowdry and flat iron...got a long night ahead of me i think!

Can you add me too? I kind of "joined" unofficially anyway :grin: I use protein once a week ever since I saw this thread pop up. Currently alternating between Nexxus Emergencee and Aveda DR, sometimes both at the same time. :spinning:

Edit: I will post on my next wash day to update in more detail. Trying to cut back on washing my hair so much. Ah, the life of a PJ!

Last edited:
Did 30 minutes nexxus emergencee and doing 30 mins ors now...man that emergencee never ceases to amaze me! I'm always in shock of how good my hair feels immediately after use! Gonna blowdry and flat iron...got a long night ahead of me i think!
Thats a good thing. That means you got so much hair its going to take forever! Glad to hear emergencee is still great. I love it too:yep::yep:

Can you add me too? I kind of "joined" unofficially anyway :grin: I use protein once a week ever since I saw this thread pop up. Currently alternating between Nexxus Emergencee and Aveda DR, sometimes both at the same time. :spinning:

Edit: I will post on my next wash day to update in more detail. Trying to cut back on washing my hair so much. Ah, the life of a PJ!
Sure you can join! Welcome. Glad to hear you been a part of this challenge! I'm currently using nexxus emergencee too! Good product.

I used the 2 step ApHogee treatment today. My hair needed protein so bad. So very badly. My hair was about a 1. And as I was rinsing it out, I could feel the improvement in the strength of my hair. Afterward, I used Motions classic conditioner and steamed my hair. The steamer is the business. My hair and scalp felt good after that protein treatment though. I'll probably do another protein treatment this weekend. My hair has suffered in this weather. It's unused to cold weather and I didn't realize the weather would do this to my hair even though I don't go outside much. All this dry heated air to keep warm is extremely detrimental to my hair. My hair needed protein and moisture. I got Motions silk protein conditioner for my weekly just to try it out. I wanted to try out the Keraphix and Emergencee but they didn't have any.

I'm thinking that I need to up my protein to 1x a week or two in this cold weather to make sure I am retaining (I had some breakage last week:nono:) so I think a challenge is in order. Add me to the list if the challenge is still open to new members. I'll be doing a treatment this afternoon with jheri redding's natural protein.

Can i be added to this challenge please if its not too late. However, i have a few questions for you ladies. Is it ok to use protein every week whiles using MT 3x a week? Is that too much protein at a time? I am currently using Affrim 5n1 as my protein treatment once a month. Is that ok to use this product every week for a quick in the shower 5 min protein treatment?

TIA

Checking in for this week, deep conditioned this morning with Lanza healing moisture co with steam. My hair is drying now but when I checked it felt and looked at 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back