PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking in. My daughter's hair is doing great. I am doing the protein treatments every other week. I am waiting for my henna to arrive so I can start doing ayurveda on her hair with henna as her protein. Q
Will you substitute henna for protein altogether? I'm asking because henna is not a protein.

I finally found something that works!

I pre-pooed for 45 minutes with Amla Oil, then washed with CON Green. After that, I mixed a quarter size of Aphogee 2 minute Keratin Treatment with Silk Elements Olive Oil Mega Moisture to DC for 40 minutes with heat and it worked!

My hair shed about 1/2 as much as usual and the cuticles looked more sealed than they've been looking recently.

My hair looks FABULOUS today! I mean gorgeous!!!

I got the idea from a thread that was posted yesterday about fine hairs and protein/moisture. The OP in that thread mentioned mixing them. For me, that seems to work so much better than 2 seperate steps.

I think I've finally found the way to balance my protein and moisture. :yep: I still won't do the protein every week (probably every two) but I've found the answer (I hope and pray).
It was a beautiful day for me to finally know the answer. YES!

is there anything similar to emergencee that is not as expensive. i already use aphogee 2 step fr my big daddy and aphogee 2 minute for my mild. i guess i am looking for something medium for the inbetween treatments.
i just relaxed - so 4 days prior i did the aphogee 2 minute for 3 minutes then i did a henna treatment - i have to say that this was the best henna treatment ever! the henna seemed to coat my hair completely and it was really awesome. then i relaxed yesterday and i am looking for a medium protien for my 1 week post relaxer treatment. any suggestions? everytime i am in the bss i pick up the nexxus emergencee then put it back because i cant get over that price for that tiny bottle. is it really worth that? how many treatments can i get for almost apl length hair?
I totally understand! I bought my 3 btls on clearance for 1/2 off. So many days I put it back on the shelf. I used my bottle so far 3X. Its not liquidy like I thought. It has a shampoo type consistency. I was relieved. I think I can get at least 3 more uses out of it. Its def worth it. I can't think of another product that works the same. duotex is milder, aphogee 2 min is milder..... In my opinion, sallys off brand joico kpak $5 is comparable. but I'm loving how my hair feels with emergencee

protein update: washed with aveda dry remedy poo, used nexxus with heat (10 mins) washed out and moist; rate 10 as I am retaining every strand and my hair is so strong...:yep:

Last edited:
:thud:

Wow! I was so inspired by this pic, I made my bf measure my hair stretched. It was 10 inches. If my straight hair is anywhere near this full in 3 months I will officially be in love with my hair.

Forgive me all. I'm a long time natural that's never straightened my hair. Well, not successfully, anyway. I had a poof ball that a stylist charged me $50 for. But never anything like the straight naturals I've seen on LHCF. You all inspire me so much! Every one of you. From every length and texture. Thank you!

Tried something new tonight. I got in the shower and did a 2 min Reconstructor cowash then followed up with Herbal Essences "Drama Clean" conditioner and rinsed.

I towel dried my hair and sprayed my hair with African Pride Braid spray....ahhhh...my scalp feels soooooooooooooooooooooo good right now. I'm gonna sleep great!

I may start doing this weekly. My hair loves protein so....

HI!

Well - shampooed last night with Kenra MS - used Ultra Sheen DT - fell asleep with it in my hair (totally accidental!!!) - when I woke up around 5:30, it had dried in my hair - I was in panic mode!!! :pullhair: Jumped in the shower - rinsed - it was a little tangly - followed up with both Humectress and Kenra MC....fortunately, my hair turned out fine -

Cats and Kittens DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!:nono2::nono2:

- (posted in deep conditioning thread too)

Thought I'd check in to see how everybody's doing. Hope all is well so far. I am still in Nebraska and not doing much to my hair for the moment. But I will be checking in on everyone's progress as much as I can.

It's official! My hair loves protien! I'm using RMHRT once a week with no ill effects just strong smooth hair. Yay!

Deep conditioned last night for 2 hrs. without heat with protein & moisture co. My hair looks and feels like a 10. Gosh, I just love protein.:yep:

Is it too late for me to join? I'm in braids but I've been using Surge 14 daily.

ST, your hair is gorgeous!:gorgeous: Great progress!:clap:
Sorry about not answering you timely. You sure can join! I'll add you . WELCOME to the challenge. We all come in and share our sucess with our protein products by rating our hair experience after we DC. We rate on a scale of 1-10 and if not at a level 10 we state what we can/will do the next time to improve. Looking forward to hearing how well your hair response to protein. I agree with your comment. I think southern tease hair is the bombdiggity:yep:.

Thought I'd check in to see how everybody's doing. Hope all is well so far. I am still in Nebraska and not doing much to my hair for the moment. But I will be checking in on everyone's progress as much as I can.
HOW YOU LIKING THE COLD WEATHER AGGIE? ENJOY YOUR STAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back