PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Trish,

Are you using the newer version of the Humectress or the older one? I am about to run out but I am hearing mixed reviews about the newer version of Humectress

TIA
NOt sure I bought a huge bottle last year. I was using it as a leave in last summer.

Okay, I'm back. On Tuesday, I washed my hair w/ V05 Kiwi Lime Clarifying poo. Then I put on the Aphogee 2-min for exactly 2 minutes (without a plastic cap or heat) and rinsed thoroughly. Then I applied the KBB Luscious Locks hair mask and left it on for 27 minutes under low heat. Then I rinsed it out and did an ACV rinse. Then I applied CD Black Vanilla Leave In & V05 Miracle Mist.

My hair was so hard to comb through w/ my fingers and the comb. It felt the same way that it felt when I used the ORS Pak--hard and coated. I was wondering if the amla, shikaki & yucca in the hair mask contributed to the hard feeling, but I don't think so. I think it was the Aphogee.

I'm not saying that protein isn't my friend, but protein on the level of the ORS Pak and Aphogee isn't my friend. I think it's best for me to stick with the protein in rinse-out conditioners on a weekly basis, and then do a deep conditioning treatment on a monthly basis.
Yes at one time I was doing a rinse out protein thingy too! I was doing that with 911 leave in. My hair loved it. Didn't like it left in though. What can I do to grow my hair as beautiful as yours?:yep:

Checking in... I am in the low manipulation challenge, so I didnt comb all week until today which was wash day. Shampoo and DC with Megatek. I am back to applying MT Daily with my strict workout regimen and no combing.

Prepoo with combo of EVCO, EVOO, AND Castor oil - rinsed - shampooed with diametress -used Keraphix, followed up with joico k-pak leave in reconstructor - lacio lacio -rollerset

poo with Nexxus Therapee then nexxus emergencee treatment for 35 mins. Rinsed out and then DCed with Shescentit Banana Brulee and AO Honey Suckle Rose. Man oh man! 2.5 hours left in, rinsed out, redken anti snap and silicon mix as leave in. Blow dried and straightened and finished off with chi silk infusion for the first time. Man that chi is no joke! My hair was so soft and today it was just as soft and strong. I don't know if I could ever call my hair a 10, but this is about as close as I've ever been. It was strong, soft, bounce and SWAG! Very happy and fiance hasn't stopped talking about how great it looks. My emergencee never does me wrong!

I skipped my wash this week. My hair still feels pretty good from last weeks press and I wanted to give it a rest from the weekly wash and heat. :) I'm still useing vatika oil everynight though and a little Profectiv break free sometimes so still some protein :) Anyone else take a break?

Last edited:
poo with Nexxus Therapee then nexxus emergencee treatment for 35 mins. Rinsed out and then DCed with Shescentit Banana Brulee and AO Honey Suckle Rose. Man oh man! 2.5 hours left in, rinsed out, redken anti snap and silicon mix as leave in. Blow dried and straightened and finished off with chi silk infusion for the first time. Man that chi is no joke! My hair was so soft and today it was just as soft and strong. I don't know if I could ever call my hair a 10, but this is about as close as I've ever been. It was strong, soft, bounce and SWAG! Very happy and fiance hasn't stopped talking about how great it looks. My emergencee never does me wrong!
I'm very impressed too with emergencee. When my 3 btls run out I will repurchase. Loving strong hair!

I skipped my wash this week. My hair still feels pretty good from last weeks press and I wanted to give it a rest from the weekly wash and heat. :) I'm still useing vatika oil everynight though and a little Profectiv break free sometimes so still some protein :) Anyone else take a break?
I shampoo weekly. My dandruff won't let me take a break. My scalp stays super dry

Which is better:

Aphogee Two Step or Nexxus Emergency? Why?
I think its preference. I can say I tried both. Emergencee in my opinion is better. Aphogee is good too! Aphoghee is hard core protein(well it suppose to be) It use to be really hard core back in the day. They watered the formula down. I prefer emergencee cause you can safely use it weekly. It has something in it to fills in the gaps of damaged hair. I guess aphogee suppose to do the same thing but its no way you can use it weekly. I'm thinking it has animal protein which creates a buildup. (I think unless they changed the formula) Yeah I prefer emergencee!:yep::yep:

Which is better:

depends on why you are using it and how your hair reacts to protein. My hair can take A LOT of protein. I used Aphogee 2 step when I was in crisis mode with breakage and shedding and it corrected it after one application and my hair felt strong for a few weeks after use. The nexxus emergencee, for me, is not as tough as the aphogee 2 step so i can use it more often but the results dont last as long. It is also easier to use, less offensive smell and my hair feels like hair (not hard like aphogee makes you hair) when I am done. I still follow with moisturizing DC, but it doesn't take nearly as much to get my hair back to where it needs to be as far as the moisture protein balance with Nexxus. HTH

Just checking in...

Prepooed with combo of AO HSR with a little AO GPB...shampooed followed up with PM Super Strong Treatment for 1-3 minutes while in shower...

Update. I just did an Aphogee two step, conditioned with Silicon Mix, sprayed the Aphogee green tea reconstructor, lacio lacio and sealed with coconut oil.

I will be relaxing my hair either Thursday or Friday

Checking in. My daughter's hair is doing great. I am doing the protein treatments every other week. I am waiting for my henna to arrive so I can start doing ayurveda on her hair with henna as her protein. Q

Which is better:

As Patrica already said, its really a matter of preference. I use both but for different reasons. Aphogee is a great treatment. Its a no nonsense punch of animal and vegetable protein. Nexxus Emergencee has more polymer action. Aphogee is something I use every 2 months or so and emergencee is a product I would use inbetween to maintain the results.

I finally found something that works!

I pre-pooed for 45 minutes with Amla Oil, then washed with CON Green. After that, I mixed a quarter size of Aphogee 2 minute Keratin Treatment with Silk Elements Olive Oil Mega Moisture to DC for 40 minutes with heat and it worked!

My hair shed about 1/2 as much as usual and the cuticles looked more sealed than they've been looking recently.

My hair looks FABULOUS today! I mean gorgeous!!!

I got the idea from a thread that was posted yesterday about fine hairs and protein/moisture. The OP in that thread mentioned mixing them. For me, that seems to work so much better than 2 seperate steps.

I think I've finally found the way to balance my protein and moisture. :yep: I still won't do the protein every week (probably every two) but I've found the answer (I hope and pray).

Just checking in...

Prepooed with combo of AO HSR with a little AO GPB...shampooed followed up with PM Super Strong Treatment for 1-3 minutes while in shower...

How long did you prepoo with this? I was actually thinking of this for a DC on Thursday....what kind of ratio did you use?

is there anything similar to emergencee that is not as expensive. i already use aphogee 2 step fr my big daddy and aphogee 2 minute for my mild. i guess i am looking for something medium for the inbetween treatments.
i just relaxed - so 4 days prior i did the aphogee 2 minute for 3 minutes then i did a henna treatment - i have to say that this was the best henna treatment ever! the henna seemed to coat my hair completely and it was really awesome. then i relaxed yesterday and i am looking for a medium protien for my 1 week post relaxer treatment. any suggestions? everytime i am in the bss i pick up the nexxus emergencee then put it back because i cant get over that price for that tiny bottle. is it really worth that? how many treatments can i get for almost apl length hair?

is there anything similar to emergencee that is not as expensive. i already use aphogee 2 step fr my big daddy and aphogee 2 minute for my mild. i guess i am looking for something medium for the inbetween treatments.
i just relaxed - so 4 days prior i did the aphogee 2 minute for 3 minutes then i did a henna treatment - i have to say that this was the best henna treatment ever! the henna seemed to coat my hair completely and it was really awesome. then i relaxed yesterday and i am looking for a medium protien for my 1 week post relaxer treatment. any suggestions? everytime i am in the bss i pick up the nexxus emergencee then put it back because i cant get over that price for that tiny bottle. is it really worth that? how many treatments can i get for almost apl length hair?

To me it is the TRUTH! The cheapest I've seen it for is 13.69 at CVS. It is expensive for the size you get, but I have been using the same bottle for the past 2 1/2 months. I have used it probably 4 times and I have at least one more treatment in there. My hair is maybe an inch or two away from armpit length and I have thin, fine strands if that helps at all. It does the job without completely overdrying your hair which is why i love it.

To me it is the TRUTH! The cheapest I've seen it for is 13.69 at CVS. It is expensive for the size you get, but I have been using the same bottle for the past 2 1/2 months. I have used it probably 4 times and I have at least one more treatment in there. My hair is maybe an inch or two away from armpit length and I have thin, fine strands if that helps at all. It does the job without completely overdrying your hair which is why i love it.
thanks jbandbeyond,
so it's lets drying than the aphogee two step? i did the two step 2 weeks ago so i know i dont want to go that strong with this 1 week post treatment. maybe i will just go ahead and buy it and stop being cheap - it's just that this stuff adds up over time - i dont want my hair care to necessarily be a montly bill and i can see that this can very easily happen.:yep:

thanks jbandbeyond,
so it's lets drying than the aphogee two step? i did the two step 2 weeks ago so i know i dont want to go that strong with this 1 week post treatment. maybe i will just go ahead and buy it and stop being cheap - it's just that this stuff adds up over time - i dont want my hair care to necessarily be a montly bill and i can see that this can very easily happen.:yep:

Girl please! I purchased more hair stuff in the past 2 months than probably I thought I would have ever purchased in my entire life! My PJism has slowed down some, but you are doing the right thing. Do your research so you don't spend your money on something that ends up collecting dust in the back of the cabinet under the sink! Whatever you do decide, keep us posted!

I also found that doing the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor for a longer period of time (i've done up to 30 minutes I think) has a great effect. Not quite emergencee level, but a nice protein kick, I love the smell, and hair comes out soft.

Girl please! I purchased more hair stuff in the past 2 months than probably I thought
same here - i've spent a lot over the last few months - and realizing that i need to be settling on my staples now along with my routine. i think it took me about 6mths just to see clearly about what i need to do for my hair. interesting journey, this is.... i think i will try the emergencee - i've heard a lot of good things about it, maybe that will be my treatment for 1 week post relaxer. oh do you know how that compares to duotex? thats another one i was thinking of trying.

How long did you prepoo with this? I was actually thinking of this for a DC on Thursday....what kind of ratio did you use?

Hey JD&B...

Hmmm....Girl, I just squirted the HSR in my hand and just added maybe between a dime or nickel size of GPB (kinda hard to gauge) - I leave it in overnight

Update. I just did an Aphogee two step, conditioned with Silicon Mix, sprayed the Aphogee green tea reconstructor, lacio lacio and sealed with coconut oil.

I will be relaxing my hair either Thursday or Friday
How did the 2 step work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back