PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it bad just to do a protein treatment without a moisture DC following?

I don't know but it seems like my hair is protein thirsty! LOL I did a 2min treatment the other day without a DC and my hair seemed to enjoy itl My strands have never been stronger.

Sidenote--On this board and others, whenever someone mentions their hair is breaking, people always said "moisture, moisture, moisture" Especially the relaxed heads. Moisture isn't the cure all. Protein is what helps the moisture absorb into the strands.

I know there are those that are "sensitive to protein" I totally understand but,
Moisture isn't always the answer for everything.

I'm so glad that I found this challenge. I've learned so much about my hair.

dc now with Lanza's healing moisture moi moi masque for two hours....will come back w/my finished results...it's a 10 ladies...yippee.

Last edited:

I don't know but it seems like my hair is protein thirsty! LOL I did a 2min treatment the other day without a DC and my hair seemed to enjoy itl My strands have never been stronger.

Sidenote--On this board and others, whenever someone mentions their hair is breaking, people always said "moisture, moisture, moisture" Especially the relaxed heads. Moisture isn't the cure all. Protein is what helps the moisture absorb into the strands.

I know there are those that are "sensitive to protein" I totally understand but,

I agree totally. Most times I don't have to follow up my treatment with moisture. I can get away with using a leave in that will do the same thing like Rusk or NTM. I also love the aphogee leave in too!

I think you should follow up with moisture but you could also mix them and apply to your hair together and kill two birds with one stone.

I leave my conditioner in overnight instead of using heat. It works better for my hair. Too much moiture makes my hair limp. Some people say it has the same effect overnight, but my hair doesnt agree.
I've overnighting my DCs a lot lately too and my hair seems to love it:yep:.

I was so excited about my new products that I reported about it in another post but forgot to do an official wash-day report:

I finally tried the Lanza products on Saturday after they were highly recommended by ShiShiPooPoo and Tishee.

• I did my usual pre-poo with CON nourishing conditioner and coconut oil then proceeded to wash with the the Lanza Healing Strength white tea shampoo (sulfate-free :yep:).
  • I then used the Lanza Healing Strength conditioner (left it on for about 15 minutes-no heat just a plastic cap).
  • I rinsed and then roller-set with my beloved Redken Butter Treat and then used the heavenly Lanza Silk Serum that came with my Lanza box set.
My hair has NEVER felt like this before. I was nervous about trying a bunch of new products at once and I was scared because the Lanza shampoo, conditioner and silk serum all have keratin protein in it but surprisingly my hair did not dry out but rather was VERY silky and strong. I really hope that this feeling will continue because sometimes products work well one week and then do something crazy the next.

WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN YOU USE?
Lanza Healing Strength (shampoo, conditioner and silk serum)

HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10?
WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ACHIEVE A 10?
Just continue to use the right products and I will get there!

Last edited:
I was so excited about my new products that I reported about it in another post but forgot to do an official wash-day report:

I finally tried the Lanza products on Saturday after they were highly recommended by ShiShiPooPoo and Tishee.

• I did my usual pre-poo with CON nourishing conditioner and coconut oil then proceeded to wash with the the Lanza Healing Strength white tea shampoo (sulfate-free :yep:).
  • I then used the Lanza Healing Strength conditioner (left it on for about 15 minutes-no heat just a plastic cap).
  • I rinsed and then roller-set with my beloved Redken Butter Treat and then used the heavenly Lanza Silk Serum that came with my Lanza box set.
My hair has NEVER felt like this before. I was nervous about trying a bunch of new products at once and I was scared because the Lanza shampoo, conditioner and silk serum all have keratin protein in it but surprisingly my hair did not dry out but rather was VERY silky and strong. I really hope that this feeling will continue because sometimes products work well one week and then do something crazy the next.

WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN YOU USE?
Lanza Healing Strength (shampoo, conditioner and silk serum)

HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10?
WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ACHIEVE A 10?
Just continue to use the right products and I will get there!
:congrats:Glad to hear the products worked

Ok. After washing and using Aphogee 2 minute, henna, indigo, Aphogee green tea reconstructor, blow drying and flat ironing yesterday :blush: I did not like the results soooo .....

Today, I shampood with Keracare, used the GVP Joico K-Pack, DC'd with Coconut oil, EVOO, and 12 en 1. I then sprayed my hair with the Aphogee green tea reconstructor and used lacio lacio and then rollerset my hair.

I finally have a 10 :yep:! I lost VERY few hairs and I am 7 weeks post.

Pics of the rollerset results in my signature (I took this picture after spending 4 hours in drizzling rain)

Last edited:
Ok. After washing and using Aphogee 2 minute, henna, indigo, Aphogee green tea reconstructor, blow drying and flat ironing yesterday :blush: I did not like the results soooo .....

Today, I shampood with Keracare, used the GVP Joico K-Pack, DC'd with Coconut oil, EVOO, and 12 en 1. I then sprayed my hair with the Aphogee green tea reconstructor and used lacio lacio and then rollerset my hair.

I finally have a 10 :yep:! I lost VERY few hairs and I am 7 weeks post.

Pics of the rollerset results in my signature (I took this picture after spending 4 hours in drizzling rain)
:trampolinGood for you!

Checking in for the weekly wash. I think I need to stop blowdryinying my hair. I'm worried that I'm doing too much with these weekly washes. I'm going to get a weave soon to give the heat a rest. I'm going to Henna next week anyway.

I prepood with ORS hair Mayo for 5-6 hours

This week I washed with Pantene Pro-V relaxed & Natural Shampoo
Conditioned with ORS replinishing and APHOGEE 2 min together for 15 minutes,
applied my Aphogee leave in and green teen reconstructor, chi silk infusion. Blow dried with Denman Brush.

The hair turned out WAY better than last week. Probably the best straightening job I've done. The marcel irons make my hair so much straighter and better but I only had a tiny one. I'm gonna need to get one with larger teeth.

I wish I'd taken pictures but I didn't. I can feel it getting longer but I don't think I'm retaining a lot of length. But yea, I'm pretty set on the Aphogee Green Tea reconstructor and the Pro-Vitamin leave in, and Chi. I need to learn to roller set or something asap

Checking in for the weekly wash. I think I need to stop blowdryinying my hair. I'm worried that I'm doing too much with these weekly washes. I'm going to get a weave soon to give the heat a rest. I'm going to Henna next week anyway.

I prepood with ORS hair Mayo for 5-6 hours

This week I washed with Pantene Pro-V relaxed & Natural Shampoo
Conditioned with ORS replinishing and APHOGEE 2 min together for 15 minutes,
applied my Aphogee leave in and green teen reconstructor, chi silk infusion. Blow dried with Denman Brush.

The hair turned out WAY better than last week. Probably the best straightening job I've done. The marcel irons make my hair so much straighter and better but I only had a tiny one. I'm gonna need to get one with larger teeth.

I wish I'd taken pictures but I didn't. I can feel it getting longer but I don't think I'm retaining a lot of length. But yea, I'm pretty set on the Aphogee Green Tea reconstructor and the Pro-Vitamin leave in, and Chi. I need to learn to roller set or something asap

I NEVER thought that I would ever give up my blow dryer. But I believe that rollersetting is THE best once you get the hang of it. I have rollerset my hair about 6 times so far and it just gets better and better.

Give it a try. Your hair will love you for it!

Ok ladies I had some semi-micros put in my hair today (I also had my hair basically cut yesterday- I was soo sick and tired of my ends). I have developed a love-hate relationship with my hair. I love it when it's wet but hate it when it dry. It was always frizzy and rough no matter what I did to it. I know now that using no-lye relaxers over the last two years and not having a water filter/softener have contributed to my hair's condition. Anyhoo,,
I now have in braids so I can leave my hair alone for several weeks. Feels good to get up in the morning and not have to do anything to my hair. I will still poo my scalp every week and use Africa's Best (or Pride?) Braid Sheen spray along with Infusium 23 leave in on my scalp for moisture and strength.

Checking in. Did a henna treatment today. Kept in in for 3 hours then rinsed with conditioner. Afterwards steamed with a combo of Joico K-Pac moisture and Moisture Recovery for 45 minutes. No hair in the Denman, and it feels strong. Again I hit on a 10!

Dang, I didn't post my update yesterday so I'd better get to it now because my sew-in will be installed in the morning and I will be slowing down on washing of any form:nono:. I hate tangles from matted hair after a sew-in take down. Anyhoo, I did a USDT treatment mixed with Aphogee 2 minute keratin reconstructor and it felt really really soft while it was on my hair. I DC'ed with AOWC mixed with AO HSR and Mizani Moisturefuse conditioner. I loved how it turned out. Lost very little hair and some were normal shed hair so I felt really great about that.

My hair has this wonderful shine that it didn't have before these protein treatments. That Duo Tex is working wonders on my hair:lick:. I was trying to remember if I put anything on it after it was dry to make it shine and to my surprise, I didn't. I just put in my Giovanni Direct leave-in mixed with a little bit of Salerm 21 leave-in and that was it. I haven't even moisturized my hair yet and it still looks great. I will moisturize it before I go to bed tonight though. I don't want to take this for granted and start slipping in my regimen and my hair start looking like crap. I don't want that:nono:. And ooooh my texlaxed roots are so nice and thick, now I can't wait for it to grow out really long:drunk:.

Ok ladies I had some semi-micros put in my hair today (I also had my hair basically cut yesterday- I was soo sick and tired of my ends). I have developed a love-hate relationship with my hair. I love it when it's wet but hate it when it dry. It was always frizzy and rough no matter what I did to it. I know now that using no-lye relaxers over the last two years and not having a water filter/softener have contributed to my hair's condition. Anyhoo,,
I now have in braids so I can leave my hair alone for several weeks. Feels good to get up in the morning and not have to do anything to my hair. I will still poo my scalp every week and use Africa's Best (or Pride?) Braid Sheen spray along with Infusium 23 leave in on my scalp for moisture and strength.
Oh I know they came out pretty!

Checking in. Did a henna treatment today. Kept in in for 3 hours then rinsed with conditioner. Afterwards steamed with a combo of Joico K-Pac moisture and Moisture Recovery for 45 minutes. No hair in the Denman, and it feels strong. Again I hit on a 10!
:yay:happy dance

Dang, I didn't post my update yesterday so I'd better get to it now because my sew-in will be installed in the morning and I will be slowing down on washing of any form:nono:. I hate tangles from matted hair after a sew-in take down. Anyhoo, I did a USDT treatment mixed with Aphogee 2 minute keratin reconstructor and it felt really really soft while it was on my hair. I DC'ed with AOWC mixed with AO HSR and Mizani Moisturefuse conditioner. I loved how it turned out. Lost very little hair and some were normal shed hair so I felt really great about that.

My hair has this wonderful shine that it didn't have before these protein treatments. That Duo Tex is working wonders on my hair:lick:. I was trying to remember if I put anything on it after it was dry to make it shine and to my surprise, I didn't. I just put in my Giovanni Direct leave-in mixed with a little bit of Salerm 21 leave-in and that was it. I haven't even moisturized my hair yet and it still looks great. I will moisturize it before I go to bed tonight though. I don't want to take this for granted and start slipping in my regimen and my hair start looking like crap. I don't want that:nono:. And ooooh my texlaxed roots are so nice and thick, now I can't wait for it to grow out really long:drunk:.
:grouphug3:I def see the natural shine you talking about. This is amazing progress. Who would have known. :cup:

I am in the low manipulation challange, so I am not touching my hair today. I applying Megatek every other day until I do my heavy protein treatment on Monday.

Okay, I'm back. On Tuesday, I washed my hair w/ V05 Kiwi Lime Clarifying poo. Then I put on the Aphogee 2-min for exactly 2 minutes (without a plastic cap or heat) and rinsed thoroughly. Then I applied the KBB Luscious Locks hair mask and left it on for 27 minutes under low heat. Then I rinsed it out and did an ACV rinse. Then I applied CD Black Vanilla Leave In & V05 Miracle Mist.

My hair was so hard to comb through w/ my fingers and the comb. It felt the same way that it felt when I used the ORS Pak--hard and coated. I was wondering if the amla, shikaki & yucca in the hair mask contributed to the hard feeling, but I don't think so. I think it was the Aphogee.

I'm not saying that protein isn't my friend, but protein on the level of the ORS Pak and Aphogee isn't my friend. I think it's best for me to stick with the protein in rinse-out conditioners on a weekly basis, and then do a deep conditioning treatment on a monthly basis.

HEY LADIES IVE BEEN STAYING AWAY FROM THE BOARD FOR A LITTLE WHILE, BECAUSE I WAS FALLING BEHIND ON MY STUDIES. BUT IM STILL USING RMHRT ONCE A WEEK AND ITS STILL WORKING WONDERFULLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back