PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Aggie, niiiiiiccce progress lady. Your hair is beautiful. Are you 100% texlaxed? I have never done protein treatments after my relaxers but when or if I relax again, that is def a step I will not miss.
I always do the protein treatment. It gives you hair strength and I really need it

Okay ladies, I promised that I'd show pics of my rendition of Macherieamour's saran wrap after myhenna treatment today and here it is. Please let me know what you think. I think I'll start a thread.

Ireallyliketheshine-vi.jpg

Actingsillyagain-vi.jpg

Lengthshotofsaranwrap-vi.jpg

SassyMama-vi.jpg

SoftandSultry-vi.jpg

WhispyWonderlol-vi.jpg

Aggie you know I'm drooling right now, your hair is :lick:. I love the shine!!

Okay I want in on this challenge, my hair has always laughed at proteins but she knows she needs it. I have to come at her with all I've got. So I got the GVP Joico K-Pak.

I'm currently in braids but I'm taking it out this weekend after only 4 weeks (pitiful). I'm going to take all day and pamper my hair, she needs it.

Okay I want in on this challenge, my hair has always laughed at proteins but she knows she needs it. I have to come at her with all I've got. So I got the GVP Joico K-Pak.

I'm currently in braids but I'm taking it out this weekend after only 4 weeks (pitiful). I'm going to take all day and pamper my hair, she needs it.
Welcome! I'm adding you now. I understand about the braids. I love the way they look but I just can't wear them like I want to. You did good going 4 weeks. I'm feeling the GVP Joico k-pak. Its a good product!

Thanks for adding me Patricia.

I finished my DC today. I did an overnight on dry hair. This morning I washed it out, applied MegaTek to my scalp and baggied with Aphogee ProVit and Water. I started the morning with my protein shake and supplements.

On a scale of 1-10 my hair is an 8 right now.

Have you seen any difference in the thickning of your hair using OCT?. My crown seems to be thinning. I need help with that

I have definately seen a difference in the thickness and density of my fine hairs since I have now got a routine with the use of both MegaTek and OCT, but I am also consistant with JBCO for sealing.

WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN YOU USE? Nexxuss Emergencee
HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10? 9
WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ACHIEVE A 10? There was a dramatic change in the number of curly coils in the sink after washing, way less that 25% of what I normally have, but this could have been improved if I had detangled before washing. That way I would know whether the hairs were just shed ones that were hanging on, or newly broken ones while I was manipulating my hair.

I think I will do another treatment at the weekend because I have stayed away from protein for quite a while, I need check if my curlies can take a bit more. This is an excellant challenge Patricia, because for the first time I am really listening to my hair and learning what she wants, and when she wants it!! :grin:

Thanks for adding me Patricia.

I finished my DC today. I did an overnight on dry hair. This morning I washed it out, applied MegaTek to my scalp and baggied with Aphogee ProVit and Water. I started the morning with my protein shake and supplements.

On a scale of 1-10 my hair is an 8 right now.
:yay: Yes you go girl! Your siggy looks amazingly beautiful healthy hair

I have definately seen a difference in the thickness and density of my fine hairs since I have now got a routine with the use of both MegaTek and OCT, but I am also consistant with JBCO for sealing.

WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN YOU USE? Nexxuss Emergencee
HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10? 9
WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ACHIEVE A 10? There was a dramatic change in the number of curly coils in the sink after washing, way less that 25% of what I normally have, but this could have been improved if I had detangled before washing. That way I would know whether the hairs were just shed ones that were hanging on, or newly broken ones while I was manipulating my hair.

I think I will do another treatment at the weekend because I have stayed away from protein for quite a while, I need check if my curlies can take a bit more. This is an excellant challenge Patricia, because for the first time I am really listening to my hair and learning what she wants, and when she wants it!! :grin:
GOT TO GET ME SOME EMERGENCEE. BEAUTIFUL JUST KEEP LISTENING

Using my MT tonight as a deep condish - rinsing and following up with a combo of AO HSR AND GPB letting it dry in my hair until morning - then rollersetting

Pre pooing now and will dc with protein for 1 hour without heat after I wash.

ETA: I used Lanza healing strength co + Colorful neutral protein filler and my hair looks at feels like a 10. Using protein at every wash is helping me tremendously. Thanks Patricia for the challenge.

Last edited:
im afraid to wash my hair.. cuz it feels so right.. I havent dc'd since saturday.. this isnt like me.. its smells like conditioner and coconut oil, but in a musty kinda of way... i'll dc tonight

My baby is Ovation Cell Therapy :mmmchocolate:
I use it weekly with the Ovation Shampoo and finish it off with the Ovation Creme Rinse. YOW DIGGIT!

Checking In

On Monday, I used: Aphogee Keratin 2 min Reconstructor. I left it on for about 20 minutes. This stuff definitely did its job. My hair felt 10 times stronger. I couldn't believe how strong it felt. All mushiness gone! It restored my hair. After I washed it out, i used Aphogee Keratin/green tea Restructurizer, Provitamin Leave-In, and a little pantene conditioner. After my hair airdried, I was completely happy. My hair felt moisturized and strong.

Pre pooing now and will dc with protein for 1 hour without heat after I wash.

ETA: I used Lanza healing strength co + Colorful neutral protein filler and my hair looks at feels like a 10. Using protein at every wash is helping me tremendously. Thanks Patricia for the challenge.
:woohoo:You so nice. Thank you for everything

im afraid to wash my hair.. cuz it feels so right.. I havent dc'd since saturday.. this isnt like me.. its smells like conditioner and coconut oil, but in a musty kinda of way... i'll dc tonight
What you using? more of mendex or you switching up. taking notes! I want to do my hair too sooooo bad. I usually reserve that for sundays but I thinking about steping up my game. I think my hair will benefit from it.

My baby is Ovation Cell Therapy :mmmchocolate:
I use it weekly with the Ovation Shampoo and finish it off with the Ovation Creme Rinse. YOW DIGGIT!
I got to research the Ovation Products for real. I'm wondering if it will help with my thinning crown area. Come back on wash days and let us know how your hair is feeling on a scale of 1-10.

Checking In

On Monday, I used: Aphogee Keratin 2 min Reconstructor. I left it on for about 20 minutes. This stuff definitely did its job. My hair felt 10 times stronger. I couldn't believe how strong it felt. All mushiness gone! It restored my hair. After I washed it out, i used Aphogee Keratin/green tea Restructurizer, Provitamin Leave-In, and a little pantene conditioner. After my hair airdried, I was completely happy. My hair felt moisturized and strong.
That is such a good feeling. I'm truely loving this thread. Thank you ladies:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back