PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU GO GIRL! HENNA ROCKS. LOVE YOUR PICS YOUR HAIR LOOKS LIKE IT GOT THAT SWANG.

Girl it did FINALLY! I been trying to get that SWANG for the LONGEST! My hair would do nothing. For the first time in years my hair had a little swang. I'm hopeing it will continue to get better with the weekly washing but I'm afraid my blowdrying might be reeking havoc on my hair. I'm afraid of rollersetting :(

Girl it did FINALLY! I been trying to get that SWANG for the LONGEST! My hair would do nothing. For the first time in years my hair had a little swang. I'm hopeing it will continue to get better with the weekly washing but I'm afraid my blowdrying might be reeking havoc on my hair. I'm afraid of rollersetting :(
YEAH I COULD TELL BY THE PICS IT WAS BOUNCY LOOKING. VERY PRETTY. YOU WILL KNOW WHEN TO LAY OFF THE BLOWDRYER. YOUR HAIR WILL TELL YOU. HOPEFULLY THE APHOGHEE PRODUCTS WILL HELP. WHICH I KNOW THEY ALREADY ARE:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

The Results are In! I have succesfully done my first Henna. The color came out SO beautiful I am more than happy. At first my roommate said I looked like Malcom X but I think it darkened up a little after the blow dry. What I did was I took half the package of Henna, mixed it with hot water til it was a nice paste/pudding consistency and let it sit overnight. Later that next day I mixed 2 cap fulls of olive oil, a little squire of Kera Care for Itchy scalp, and a tiny squirt of Pantene conditioner. I wanted to leave as much Henna as possible so it'd be more Henna than Henna gloss. I put it on my hair after shampooing, put on a cap, and sit under the dryer for about 50 minutes. I washed it out, applied ORS Replinishing, and left that on for about 10 minutes. After rinsing that out i sprayed my hair with Aphogee Keratin green tea and the Pro-Vitamin leave in. I also put some Chi silk infusion in it, blow dried straight, and then straightened. "I am natural by the way"..... Now most would look at this and thing OMG that is so much protein but 1 my hair LOVES protein. Secondly my hair was not hard after my Henna. It was wet and soft like a conditioner afterwards, just slightly crunchy but the ORS took care of that. My hair feels SO good. I got a little bit of weight back in my hair, the strands definatly feel slightly thicker, and the Henna shine you all talk about? SO beautiful my hair has so much body. I well continue to do this at least once or twice a month. I love it!

Your hair looks great - lots of body and volume!

YEAH I COULD TELL BY THE PICS IT WAS BOUNCY LOOKING. VERY PRETTY. YOU WILL KNOW WHEN TO LAY OFF THE BLOWDRYER. YOUR HAIR WILL TELL YOU. HOPEFULLY THE APHOGHEE PRODUCTS WILL HELP. WHICH I KNOW THEY ALREADY ARE:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

I'm REALLY bad with rollers. I'm wondering, to stop blowdrying, can I use flexi rods? Will they get my roots pretty straight to where I can slightly blow dry and then flat iron a little? Me and rollers just don't get along not even when I had a perm. So if I couldn't do it with a perm I KNOW I can't get the hair to stay on a roller natural!

I'm REALLY bad with rollers. I'm wondering, to stop blowdrying, can I use flexi rods? Will they get my roots pretty straight to where I can slightly blow dry and then flat iron a little? Me and rollers just don't get along not even when I had a perm. So if I couldn't do it with a perm I KNOW I can't get the hair to stay on a roller natural!
You know I forgot you was natural. Your hair is much stronger than mine. You should be fine. If its working don't try to fix it!

All that was cute:yep: Do sallys sell it or do you order it online?

thanks Patricia! I purchased the Lanza from Ulta and the neutral protein filler from Sally's.

Checking in: Deep conditioning now for 1 hour with Lanza healing moisture conditioner and neutral protein filler. Will come back later with my rating.

ETA: My hair looks and feels like a 10.

Last edited:
YES GOOD TO HEAR :lachen:YES CHICORI HAS A FOTKI TOO WITH A TON OF INFO. SHE JUST PUBLISHED A BOOK ON AMAZON. LOOK AT MY FOTKI FREINDS. YOU WILL FIND HER THERE. SHES SUCH A SWEETHEART AND WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE

Thanks for referring me to Chicoro. She does have a lot of great info and beautiful hair:yep:

I just henna'ed my hair this morning with Jamila henna and already washed it out too with suave cucumber and melon conditioner and Roux 5 in 1 shampoo (sulfate-free). I am now sitting under my dryer with some Mizani Moisturefuse mixed with AO HSR and coconut oil for a couple of hours or so.

I am going to be attempting Macherieamour's saran wrap technique for the first time today:look:. Wish me luck with that ladies:grin:. I'll rate it after the wrap.

NO ITS NOT TO LATE. WELCOME I'LL ADD YOU!:yep:GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOUR HAIR IS DOING WELL USING PROTEIN. I HAD TO LEARN THE HARD WAY. HOPEFULLY THIS CHALLENGE WILL:think:HELP SOMEONE REALIZE THEY NEED TO INCORPORATE MORE PROTEIN IN THEIR REGIMINE. WHAT PRODUCTS WILL YOU BE USING?

Thank you. I will be using Aphogee products..GVP version of Joico K pak..I have quiet a few protein products that I haven't been using because I was paranoid..lol I can't think of them off the top of my head.

I washed yesterday with GVP moisture shampoo, I used GVP version of Joico K pak for about 10 minutes with no heat. DC with silicon mix. I used aphogee pro vitamin leave in and green tea restruturizer, then rollerset. I must say my hair was bouncy and blinging. I love it.

Patricia... I want in!!!!

I am the protein queen!!!! I have a very odd regimen that works great for me!!!

I know I am late, but I am natural that loves protein and my hair does too!!!
Every product I use contains protein, except my deep conditioner. I am even thinking of switching it back to ORS...LOL!!

Growth aid: MegaTek (applied to scalp only)
CoWash: Infusium 23 Repairologie- This stuff is the best. It makes my hair feel so silky!!!
Shampoo: Infusium 23 Repairologie
Weekly Protein: Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor alternate with Egg and Olive Oil
Leave In: Aphogee Pro Vitamin
Protein Supplements: Soy Milk and egg whites, L-Lysine, and Biotin

I know this sounds hard core, but I am under a headwrap and baggie for moisture everyday. So I have a great moisture balance in my regimen.

For some reason, my hair grows longer and stronger and never breaks since I switched to a protein regimen. To each her own!!!!

Today I am deep conditioning with Patene R&N. Then I will baggie with Pro Vit Leav In dilluted with water.

Last edited:
WELCOME SONIA1965 I WILL ADD YOU. SOUND LIKE YOU STOCKED UP WITH GOOD PRODUCTS. GLAD TO HEAR YOU FIGURED OUT YOUR PROBLEM. ONE QUESTION. WHAT IS OCT? I NEVER CONDITIONED WITH PROTEIN OVERNIGHT. KEEP US POSTED ON WASHDAY WITH THE PRODUCTS YOU USE AND RATE HOW YOUR HAIR FEELS!:yep:

Thanks for adding me in Patricia! the OCT is the Ovation Cell Therapy and it has Hydrolyzed Keratin. I'm not really sure if this a hard, medium or soft protein, or whether it even counts in this challenge!!!! I need help on this one. But if not I have my other products to do the job.

Forgot to mention I also use MegaTek mixed with OCT on my scalp every other night.

You know I forgot you was natural. Your hair is much stronger than mine. You should be fine. If its working don't try to fix it!

Well I think it might be broke now.... cuz this time after my blow dry I looked in the sink and saw quite a few broken hairs. I said woops! .............. And I know it was the blowdryer so my ends are coming off :( So now I'm trying to find an alternate method

I just henna'ed my hair this morning with Jamila henna and already washed it out too with suave cucumber and melon conditioner and Roux 5 in 1 shampoo (sulfate-free). I am now sitting under my dryer with some Mizani Moisturefuse mixed with AO HSR and coconut oil for a couple of hours or so.

I am going to be attempting Macherieamour's saran wrap technique for the first time today:look:. Wish me luck with that ladies:grin:. I'll rate it after the wrap.

Your hair is looking marvelous Aggie:yep: Good luck with the saran wrap...I'll bet it'll turn out great:drunk:

Your hair is looking marvelous Aggie:yep: Good luck with the saran wrap...I'll bet it'll turn out great:drunk:

:kissing4:, Thank you so much november wind. I just finished putting in the rollers and is now sitting under the dryer for maybe an hour or so till it dries, then I'll wrap it. I can't wait to see what kind of results I'll get:look:.

:kissing4:, Thank you so much november wind. I just finished putting in the rollers and is now sitting under the dryer for maybe an hour or so till it dries, then I'll wrap it. I can't wait to see what kind of results I'll get:look:.

I know I have been waiting all day - since 8 this morning :fan::popcorn:....

thanks Patricia! I purchased the Lanza from Ulta and the neutral protein filler from Sally's.

Checking in: Deep conditioning now for 1 hour with Lanza healing moisture conditioner and neutral protein filler. Will come back later with my rating.

ETA: My hair looks and feels like a 10.
:woohoo:you got to be feeling good right about now! Thanks for the info. I always hear Ulta but not sure if its a salon or a online store....I'll google it

Thank you. I will be using Aphogee products..GVP version of Joico K pak..I have quiet a few protein products that I haven't been using because I was paranoid..lol I can't think of them off the top of my head.
I have the GVP/joico k pak too. I also use the aphogee leave in and green tea. Its been working out for me lately. Still have a couple products I'm going to try!:yep:

I washed yesterday with GVP moisture shampoo, I used GVP version of Joico K pak for about 10 minutes with no heat. DC with silicon mix. I used aphogee pro vitamin leave in and green tea restruturizer, then rollerset. I must say my hair was bouncy and blinging. I love it.
I'm loving your siggy "strength before length":clapping:thats catchie!:yep:
How would you rate your hair on a scale of 1-10?

Patricia... I want in!!!!

I am the protein queen!!!! I have a very odd regimen that works great for me!!!

I know I am late, but I am natural that loves protein and my hair does too!!!
Every product I use contains protein, except my deep conditioner. I am even thinking of switching it back to ORS...LOL!!

Growth aid: MegaTek (applied to scalp only)
CoWash: Infusium 23 Repairologie- This stuff is the best. It makes my hair feel so silky!!!
Shampoo: Infusium 23 Repairologie
Weekly Protein: Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor alternate with Egg and Olive Oil
Leave In: Aphogee Pro Vitamin
Protein Supplements: Soy Milk and egg whites, L-Lysine, and Biotin

I know this sounds hard core, but I am under a headwrap and baggie for moisture everyday. So I have a great moisture balance in my regimen.

For some reason, my hair grows longer and stronger and never breaks since I switched to a protein regimen. To each her own!!!!

Today I am deep conditioning with Patene R&N. Then I will baggie with Pro Vit Leav In dilluted with water.
I know thats right! Glad you here. It works for me too!

Thanks for adding me in Patricia! the OCT is the Ovation Cell Therapy and it has Hydrolyzed Keratin. I'm not really sure if this a hard, medium or soft protein, or whether it even counts in this challenge!!!! I need help on this one. But if not I have my other products to do the job.

Forgot to mention I also use MegaTek mixed with OCT on my scalp every other night.
Have you seen any difference in the thickning of your hair using OCT?. My crown seems to be thinning. I need help with that

Well I think it might be broke now.... cuz this time after my blow dry I looked in the sink and saw quite a few broken hairs. I said woops! .............. And I know it was the blowdryer so my ends are coming off :( So now I'm trying to find an alternate method
I'm wondering if the hot rollers work. I'm thinking about buying some. I want to read up on it first

Okay ladies, I promised that I'd show pics of my rendition of Macherieamour's saran wrap after myhenna treatment today and here it is. Please let me know what you think. I think I'll start a thread.

Ireallyliketheshine-vi.jpg

Actingsillyagain-vi.jpg

Lengthshotofsaranwrap-vi.jpg

SassyMama-vi.jpg

SoftandSultry-vi.jpg

WhispyWonderlol-vi.jpg

Okay ladies, I promised that I'd show pics of my rendition of Macherieamour's saran wrap after myhenna treatment today and here it is. Please let me know what you think. I think I'll start a thread.

Actingsillyagain-vi.jpg

SassyMama-vi.jpg

SoftandSultry-vi.jpg

WhispyWonderlol-vi.jpg

In one word....... WOW
!!!!!..... That is some crazy volume and shine...you did that, girl!!!! Who's album cover u trying to be on?!?!?!:kiss3::kiss3::kiss3:

Actingsillyagain-vi.jpg

SassyMama-vi.jpg

SoftandSultry-vi.jpg

WhispyWonderlol-vi.jpg

Aggie, my number 1 hair idol! You and your hair look absolutely stunning:drunk: Supermodel, work it!

Just checking in today. Yesterday, I clarified, DCed, did my Aphogee 2 step, and then applied my Beemine, OCT, oil mix to my scalp. I am so glad I found LHCF! When I tell you ladies, there has never been a time when I washed my hair (especially when it was a week after a relaxer), and combed to find like five strands of hair in the comb! This is amazing to me, because I usually have a jax-size ball of hair after detangling when my hair is wet. Since starting the mix, last weekend after my relaxer, I have like 1/4 inch of growth already!

In one word....... WOW!!!!!..... That is some crazy volume and shine...you did that, girl!!!! Who's album cover u trying to be on?!?!?!:kiss3::kiss3::kiss3:

You are too kind sqzbly1908:kiss:. I couldn't believe it myself girl:grin:. Amazing what can happen when you follow directions well huh:woot:?

Aggie, my number 1 hair idol! You and your hair look absolutely stunning:drunk: Supermodel, work it!

:kissing4:, thank you november wind. You're makin' me :blush:
:urock:Soooooo purretty

:giveheart:Awwww, thanks honey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back