PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
is coconut milk a protein?
i have some and have never used it. i was thinking of mixing it with jbco, avosoya oil, honey and a little vo5 conditioner. does that sound good ladies?
after i pre poo im going to shampoo with joico k pak, then do the joico reconstructor and then follow up with a very moisturizing deep conditioning treatment.

I have definately seen a difference in the thickness and density of my fine hairs since I have now got a routine with the use of both MegaTek and OCT, but I am also consistant with JBCO for sealing.

WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN YOU USE? Nexxuss Emergencee
HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10? 9
WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ACHIEVE A 10? There was a dramatic change in the number of curly coils in the sink after washing, way less that 25% of what I normally have, but this could have been improved if I had detangled before washing. That way I would know whether the hairs were just shed ones that were hanging on, or newly broken ones while I was manipulating my hair.

I think I will do another treatment at the weekend because I have stayed away from protein for quite a while, I need check if my curlies can take a bit more. This is an excellant challenge Patricia, because for the first time I am really listening to my hair and learning what she wants, and when she wants it!! :grin:
This is what I love about using protein, no more "half circles" in the sink. When I pick one up its long and definitely a shed hair... I don't have many of those either since I've been doing the tea rinses.

Happy growing ladies!

This is what I love about using protein, no more "half circles" in the sink. When I pick one up its long and definitely a shed hair... I don't have many of those either since I've been doing the tea rinses.

Happy growing ladies!

I really want to get to that stage too AtlantaJJ, no more of my precious curlies in the sink!! I was doing coffee rinses after each wash/dc, I'll go back to it, or try the tea rinses:yep:

What you using? more of mendex or you switching up. taking notes! I want to do my hair too sooooo bad. I usually reserve that for sundays but I thinking about steping up my game. I think my hair will benefit from it.

I'm dc'ing now with the gvp cb, when I rinse I'll use the kpak for 5 minutes in the shower. I have to go back to Sallys to get the big bottle of mendex last time I just got the .99 bottles.. Did u get the big one? How much was it?

is coconut milk a protein?
i have some and have never used it. i was thinking of mixing it with jbco, avosoya oil, honey and a little vo5 conditioner. does that sound good ladies?
after i pre poo im going to shampoo with joico k pak, then do the joico reconstructor and then follow up with a very moisturizing deep conditioning treatment.
I think coconut milk is protein. Sounds like having the best of both worlds. that mix sounds very balanced. Keep us posted

I'm dc'ing now with the gvp cb, when I rinse I'll use the kpak for 5 minutes in the shower. I have to go back to Sallys to get the big bottle of mendex last time I just got the .99 bottles.. Did u get the big one? How much was it?
What is cb? I got two .99cent packs of mendex to try. I havent' dced yet. My hair feel so good after putting the cantu break cure in it. So moisturized yet strong. I just bought it the other day when I got the mendex. Looks like I might end up waiting until my regular wash day(sunday). I think the bottle of the mendex was about 12.00. Is it just me or Do you ladies have enough products to last a year:lachen:I got to stay out of the BSS

conditioning balm. Your mendex came in paks? mine came in a bottle like this

I got this too and forgot to use it last night, probably because I didnt have any moisture overload to recover from

ROUXNEWmoisturerecovery.jpg

conditioning balm. Your mendex came in paks? mine came in a bottle like this

I got this too and forgot to use it last night, probably because I didnt have any moisture overload to recover from

ROUXNEWmoisturerecovery.jpg
Thanks How did your hair come out? yep mine came in 99cent packs just like your moisture recovery. we don't have the cute little bottles here

oh ok.. my hair feels aiight.. ive been super lazy lately.. it took everything inside of me to do my hair yesterday... i can never feel a difference when i use the k-pak... it may be working though not sure.. I wont repurchase the bottle is gone, and i think i'll stick with the mendex as my primary protien

oh ok.. my hair feels aiight.. ive been super lazy lately.. it took everything inside of me to do my hair yesterday... i can never feel a difference when i use the k-pak... it may be working though not sure.. I wont repurchase the bottle is gone, and i think i'll stick with the mendex as my primary protien
I know how you feel. I'm feeling to lazy to do my hair! Hey I wanted to mention to you I've been using the porosity control by the same company. I been adding a little in my deep con. I use to use it a long time ago and was reminded about it when I got to the boards. I have not been as consistent as I should be with it but its a good product too! That why I felt the mendex would work for me cause of the good product they make called porosity control. My silly self haven't used it by itself always mixing my porosity control with something else. I still can't wait to try my new product on my next wash!

I know how you feel. I'm feeling to lazy to do my hair! Hey I wanted to mention to you I've been using the porosity control by the same company. I been adding a little in my deep con. I use to use it a long time ago and was reminded about it when I got to the boards. I have not been as consistent as I should be with it but its a good product too! That why I felt the mendex would work for me cause of the good product they make called porosity control. My silly self haven't used it by itself always mixing my porosity control with something else. I still can't wait to try my new product on my next wash!

ohhh porosity control eh? Ive seen some reviews on this but, Im not tempted to buy it. I think when I do the ACV rinses it does the same thing that the porosity control would do.
WAIT A MINUTE!!! Unh unh Patricia!!! I feel like you trying to push products ova on me:spank:, GIRL I AM FAR FROM A PJ :rolleyes: . MY BOYFRIEND GON BE READY TO :boxing: . I CANT BE SPENDING MONEY LIKE THAT! :lachen: I MIGHT THOUGH :rolleyes:

I reeeeaallyyyy wanna join this challenge, as I have been experiencing MAJOR breakage. It's nothing new to me, but I want it to stop since I am on the journey to healthier hair! I have been using MT and just received OCT and have been using them only on my scalp. Is it safe to use some other protein products or should I just put OCT/MT on my actual hair to stop the breakage?? HELP! :perplexed

Thanks for this thread. I've been avoiding protein for a few months and I think it's time to get it together because my balance is clearly off.

I reeeeaallyyyy wanna join this challenge, as I have been experiencing MAJOR breakage. It's nothing new to me, but I want it to stop since I am on the journey to healthier hair! I have been using MT and just received OCT and have been using them only on my scalp. Is it safe to use some other protein products or should I just put OCT/MT on my actual hair to stop the breakage?? HELP! :perplexed

Hi CB...IMO - I use the MT as a protein conditioner. I leave it on for about 15-30 minutes - rinse and follow up with a moisturizing DC...both MT and OCT have all of the components of the the majority of the protein condishes out there...call me crazy - I just follow the directions on the bottle and it has definitely made my hair stronger...

HTH

I think it may depend upon why you are using MT and OCT...length or strength? I want length so I apply to only my scalp. For shedding, protein works but there are other things you can use too. You can try alter ego garlic treatment. DC with it and it will stop shedding. Or you can take garlic pills internally if you are worried about too much protein with MT and OCT. I think until you know exactly how your hair reacts with them, you should maybe be on the more conservative side with throwing other proteins in the mix.

On a separate note, how great is this thread! Thanks again Patricia for putting the wheels in motion. The amount of hits, comments, joiners to the challenge and great information is amazing. :drunk:

Have you determined what has been causing the breakage?

Checking in. Used Trader Joe's Lavender conditioner to co-wash, combed through and rinsed. Then I applied a mixture of Joico K-Pac and Aphogee 2 min reconstructor for 5 minutes. Towel dried then DC 40 minutes with heat with a mix of Joico Moisture Recovery and K-Pac moisture. Rinsed with cold water and applied Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Mist, ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer, and coconut oil. So far my hair is drying soft. My nape feels great; the buckshots have left the building:drunk:. At this point I am giving this treatment a full 10:yep:

ohhh porosity control eh? Ive seen some reviews on this but, Im not tempted to buy it. I think when I do the ACV rinses it does the same thing that the porosity control would do.
WAIT A MINUTE!!! Unh unh Patricia!!! I feel like you trying to push products ova on me:spank:, GIRL I AM FAR FROM A PJ :rolleyes: . MY BOYFRIEND GON BE READY TO :boxing: . I CANT BE SPENDING MONEY LIKE THAT! :lachen: I MIGHT THOUGH :rolleyes:
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:Oh my goodness you are funny:lachen::lachen::lachen:. Yep I think you right about the ACV rinses. I know don't do like me. :naughty:I always buying some stuff.

Hey courtrocbaby Welcome I'll add you to the challenge. I haven't tried the OTC/MT but a lot of ladies on the board use it. A few ladies here use it along with protein products. Not sure if it is moderate, medium or hard type though. What is your regimine now? Ladies please help!

Thanks for this thread. I've been avoiding protein for a few months and I think it's time to get it together because my balance is clearly off.
COME BACK AND LET US KNOW WHAT PRODUCTS YOU WILL BE USING, AND HOW YOUR HAIR IS REACTING TO IT.

On a separate note, how great is this thread! Thanks again Patricia for putting the wheels in motion. The amount of hits, comments, joiners to the challenge and great information is amazing. :drunk:
HEY I CHECKED OUT YOUR FOTKI! I WASNT SIGNED IN SO I DIDN'T LEAVE COMMENTS. GIRL YOUR HAIR IS SO THICK AND THAT SWANG AIN'T NO JOKE. I'M ALSO LIKING YOUR PRODUCT CHOICES. YOU GOT ALL GROUND COVERED. MOISTURE AND PROTEIN:strong:

Checking in. Used Trader Joe's Lavender conditioner to co-wash, combed through and rinsed. Then I applied a mixture of Joico K-Pac and Aphogee 2 min reconstructor for 5 minutes. Towel dried then DC 40 minutes with heat with a mix of Joico Moisture Recovery and K-Pac moisture. Rinsed with cold water and applied Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Mist, ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer, and coconut oil. So far my hair is drying soft. My nape feels great; the buckshots have left the building:drunk:. At this point I am giving this treatment a full 10:yep:
:woohoo:VERY HAPPY FOR YOU

Hey, I haven't posted in a while. Been busy with work and a sick three year old. Anyhooo......
Why, oh why, did I take my butt to Walgreen's? I only wanted the NTM Silk Touch (love it btw) and ending up buying Nexxus Emergencee. It's like I get weak and excite when I enter the hair products aisle. IDK Anybody else feel me?
Well, I used the Emergencee today and I either need to keep using it once a week or go back to my egg condish mix. I still had some shedding but I didn't do my pre-poo like I usually do. This is what I did:
Pooed with ORS Creamy Aloe (I believe I have hard water)
Appled Nexxus Emergencee
Pooed with CON (Mr. Greeny)
DC with SE Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treament (absolutely love this stuff)
Applied VO5 Detanler and Shine Leave-in and NTM Silk Touch
Roller set my hair and it so soft.

Okay ladies, I promised that I'd show pics of my rendition of Macherieamour's saran wrap after myhenna treatment today and here it is. Please let me know what you think. I think I'll start a thread.

Ireallyliketheshine-vi.jpg

Actingsillyagain-vi.jpg

Lengthshotofsaranwrap-vi.jpg

SassyMama-vi.jpg

SoftandSultry-vi.jpg

WhispyWonderlol-vi.jpg
OOOOH Aggie, I am so late in seeing this. You hair is absolutely gawgeous. Man, I'm jelly. I have been thinking about that henna. Did you like how your hair felt after the henna or did the saran wrap seal the deal for you? Either way your hair is to die for, lady.

Hey, I haven't posted in a while. Been busy with work and a sick three year old. Anyhooo......
Why, oh why, did I take my butt to Walgreen's? I only wanted the NTM Silk Touch (love it btw) and ending up buying Nexxus Emergencee. It's like I get weak and excite when I enter the hair products aisle. IDK Anybody else feel me?
Well, I used the Emergencee today and I either need to keep using it once a week or go back to my egg condish mix. I still had some shedding but I didn't do my pre-poo like I usually do. This is what I did:
Pooed with ORS Creamy Aloe (I believe I have hard water)
Appled Nexxus Emergencee
Pooed with CON (Mr. Greeny)
DC with SE Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treament (absolutely love this stuff)
Applied VO5 Detanler and Shine Leave-in and NTM Silk Touch
Roller set my hair and it so soft.

Hey Soror - I hope "lil bit" is feeling better....Give the Emergencee' a chance...how long did you leave it in. The instructions on the bottle are the "new instructions" the instructions on the previous bottle indicated to leave it on much longer than "3 minutes" and you did not have to shampoo afterwards...When I would use it, I let it dry in my hair rinsed and then applied a deep condish (moisturizing)

I need to be in on this challenge. I love protein...more specifically, I love, love, love Aphogee 2 minute Reconstrutor. I'll be using that weekly. :yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back