PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
:congrats:Im so happy for you. Ok so you used the mendex as a prepoo? What did you DC with? I'm going to try the mendex 2morrow.

:grin: yep it was a prepoo.. I dc'd with gvp conditioning balm... i think because this was an 'actual' treament, thats why the dc didnt cancel out this time... jmo

Hey Aggie, niiiiiiccce progress lady. Your hair is beautiful. Are you 100% texlaxed? I have never done protein treatments after my relaxers but when or if I relax again, that is def a step I will not miss.

Hey tgrowe, thanks girl. It's not 100% texlaxed, in fact, I just did the first one this month at 12 weeks post and will continue to do them until fully texlaxed. I have to keep trimming off the fully relaxed hair until they're all gone though. My hair is wayyyy too fine to continue relaxing it bone straight.

Hey tgrowe, thanks girl. It's not 100% texlaxed, in fact, I just did the first one this month at 12 weeks post and will continue to do them until fully texlaxed. I have to keep trimming off the fully relaxed hair until they're all gone though. My hair is wayyyy too fine to continue relaxing it bone straight.
You new SIGGY is BEAUTIFUL:bdance::bdance:

I jacked this recipe from someone in the Blackstrap Molasses thread and made my own version of it. I used Hairveda's Moist Condition Pro, Honey, and Hairveda's Cocasta & Shikaki oil. I think my hair came out just right. I'm still looking for less hair in the comb though. I will give it a 8.5.

:cup:Awesome!
Why do you have to cut your hair. A member here Chicoro recommends you wait until your short hairs catch up. I'm finally taking her advice. :yep:We love to hear results like that. Please come back and share. We can learn a lot from you !

:kiss: Thanks, Patricia. I'll look up Chicoro and see if she has a blog:yep:. I hate that thin area with a passion:wallbash: That's why I usually just wear a bun or a phony pony so I don't have to see it. Even when it's curly the thin spot is still there, that's why I think I have to snip snip:sad: I'm still on the fence because I want to reach full APL first and then get a blunt cut.

Good news is that I woke up with a fully soft and moisturized nape this morning:drunk: not a bee dee bee in site. That pushes the experience up to an 11. Thanks for this thread, Patricia!

I jacked this recipe from someone in the Blackstrap Molasses thread and made my own version of it. I used Hairveda's Moist Condition Pro, Honey, and Hairveda's Cocasta & Shikaki oil. I think my hair came out just right. I'm still looking for less hair in the comb though. I will give it a 8.5.
:circle:THATS A GOOD THING

:kiss: Thanks, Patricia. I'll look up Chicoro and see if she has a blog:yep:. I hate that thin area with a passion:wallbash: That's why I usually just wear a bun or a phony pony so I don't have to see it. Even when it's curly the thin spot is still there, that's why I think I have to snip snip:sad: I'm still on the fence because I want to reach full APL first and then get a blunt cut.

Good news is that I woke up with a fully soft and moisturized nape this morning:drunk: not a bee dee bee in site. That pushes the experience up to an 11. Thanks for this thread, Patricia!
YES GOOD TO HEAR :lachen:YES CHICORI HAS A FOTKI TOO WITH A TON OF INFO. SHE JUST PUBLISHED A BOOK ON AMAZON. LOOK AT MY FOTKI FREINDS. YOU WILL FIND HER THERE. SHES SUCH A SWEETHEART AND WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE

I would like to join this challenge. I too have fallen into the moisture, moisture, moisture "trap"! and thought that proteins were not good!

I'm a natural and have been on my healthy hair challenge for a number of months, but not got anywhere. This challenge is so timely because i only realised a few days ago how much my fine hairs snap when wet, the sink would have so many broken curlies after washing. On Friday and left OCT in overnight and washed out the next day, hardly any curlies in my hand or in the sink, only about 3!! It then dawned on me that my hair must like the protein!!

My cupboard has a number of protein products - Motions CPR, Aphogee Keratin 2 min reconstructor, Motions Silk Protein Conditioner, Motions Protein Reconstructor and Nexxus Emergencee.

I will do the overnight OCT once a week and one of my other protein products once a week and report results :look:

OMG, I didn't even realize this was a challenge..:wallbash: Is it too late to join? I noticed since I've incorporated more protein in my regimen my hair is doing so much better. This challenge would go so well with the DC'ing challenge I'm on :yep:

Hi am checking in...I applied nexxus emergencee for 15 mins...10 with heat....now i am under the dryer dc'ing with alter ego garlic and pantene mask for relaxed and natural...

Checking In: I'm using Mega Tek so I'm trying to pay close attention to the amount of protein I use. I used Aphogee 2 min reconstructor a little while ago. I haven't used it in about a month. I forgot how GREAT it is! I only kept it in for about 3-4 mins with a shower cap in the shower, and it had my hair feeling softer than the kenra shampoo i used did. I also forgot how much I liked the smell. I need to put this back in heavy rotation.

I am DCing now with Alter Ego Garlic stuff to combat the Mega Tek shedding I'm starting to experience. This is my first time using it so hopefully I like it. About to work out for 45 mins and then rinse out.

Just wanted to update that it wasn't a fluke... My hair is whats up right now... Thanks for this challenge... Hopefully for my length check in march I'll see some progression.

patricia! how did ur hair turn out?
I DID MY HAIR TODAY. I DIDN'T MAKE IT OUT TO THE BSS. I HAD TO USE WHAT I HAD ON HAND. B4 I JUMPED IN THE SHOWER I PUT JOICO KPAK ON DRY HAIR. RINSED AND COWASH WITH MANE AND TAIL. APPLIED K PAK AGAIN. RINSED AND :burning:GIRL THAT WATER STARTED GETTING COLD. SO I HURRIED UP :roadrunner:AND PUT SOME MORE KPAK IN AND HALF WAY RINSED OFF AND .......:peek:I END UP RINSING THE REST OUT IN THE SINK TANGLING MY HAIR SOMEWHAT .
AFTER DETANGLING MY HAIR I PUT APOGHEE LEAVE IN AND THE GREEN TEA IN AND A STOCKING CAP TO AIRDRY. I WOULD SAY I'M AT A 9 THIS WEEK THE HIGHEST SINCE WE STARTED THIS THREAD:trophy:ITS DRY NOW AND FEELING REALLY BOUNCY

I would like to join this challenge. I too have fallen into the moisture, moisture, moisture "trap"! and thought that proteins were not good!

I'm a natural and have been on my healthy hair challenge for a number of months, but not got anywhere. This challenge is so timely because i only realised a few days ago how much my fine hairs snap when wet, the sink would have so many broken curlies after washing. On Friday and left OCT in overnight and washed out the next day, hardly any curlies in my hand or in the sink, only about 3!! It then dawned on me that my hair must like the protein!!

My cupboard has a number of protein products - Motions CPR, Aphogee Keratin 2 min reconstructor, Motions Silk Protein Conditioner, Motions Protein Reconstructor and Nexxus Emergencee.

I will do the overnight OCT once a week and one of my other protein products once a week and report results :look:
WELCOME SONIA1965 I WILL ADD YOU. SOUND LIKE YOU STOCKED UP WITH GOOD PRODUCTS. GLAD TO HEAR YOU FIGURED OUT YOUR PROBLEM. ONE QUESTION. WHAT IS OCT? I NEVER CONDITIONED WITH PROTEIN OVERNIGHT. KEEP US POSTED ON WASHDAY WITH THE PRODUCTS YOU USE AND RATE HOW YOUR HAIR FEELS!:yep:

Last edited:
OMG, I didn't even realize this was a challenge..:wallbash: Is it too late to join? I noticed since I've incorporated more protein in my regimen my hair is doing so much better. This challenge would go so well with the DC'ing challenge I'm on :yep:
NO ITS NOT TO LATE. WELCOME I'LL ADD YOU!:yep:GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOUR HAIR IS DOING WELL USING PROTEIN. I HAD TO LEARN THE HARD WAY. HOPEFULLY THIS CHALLENGE WILL:think:HELP SOMEONE REALIZE THEY NEED TO INCORPORATE MORE PROTEIN IN THEIR REGIMINE. WHAT PRODUCTS WILL YOU BE USING?

Ain't that a trip to see our little circles in the sink...girl no more of that... I did my Joico 17 Minute Miracle last night...not a one circle in the sink...:shocked:

Protein rocks!! I'm glad you found this out too! :superbanana:

Just wanted to update that it wasn't a fluke... My hair is whats up right now... Thanks for this challenge... Hopefully for my length check in march I'll see some progression.
THATS SO NICE OF YOU TO SAY :grouphug3:VERY HAPPY. ESPECIALLY KNOWING WHAT WAS GOING ON LATELY. YEAH WE ACTUALLY NEED EACH OTHER IN THIS CHALLENGE. I CANT WAIT TO MAKE IT TO THE BSS. I WILL BE USING MENDEX FOR SURE MY NEXT WASH. I AM VERY CONFIDENT THAT IT WILL BE A STAPLE ! ALONG WITH NEXXUS EMERGENCEE:yep:.

I DID MY HAIR TODAY. I DIDN'T MAKE IT OUT TO THE BSS. I HAD TO USE WHAT I HAD ON HAND. B4 I JUMPED IN THE SHOWER I PUT JOICO KPAK ON DRY HAIR. RINSED AND COWASH WITH MANE AND TAIL. APPLIED K PAK AGAIN. RINSED AND :burning:GIRL THAT WATER STARTED GETTING COLD. SO I HURRIED UP :roadrunner:AND PUT SOME MORE KPAK IN AND HALF WAY RINSED OFF AND .......:peek:I END UP RINSING THE REST OUT IN THE SINK TANGLING MY HAIR SOMEWHAT .
AFTER DETANGLING MY HAIR I PUT APOGHEE LEAVE IN AND THE GREEN TEA IN AND A STOCKING CAP TO AIRDRY. I WOULD SAY I'M AT A 9 THIS WEEK THE HIGHEST SINCE WE STARTED THIS THREAD:trophy:ITS DRY NOW AND FEELING REALLY BOUNCY

LMAO:lachen::lachen::lachen: The things we go through for our hair. That cold water is something serious...it WILL make one make some unusual moves when it hits ya!!!

I'll be henna'ing my hair in the morning and that will be my strengthener for the week. I'll update on it afterwards. My henna is already mixed and the color will be releasing overnight. I need it to release for at least 8 - 10 hours - I'm using Jamila henna tomorrow.

Ain't that a trip to see our little circles in the sink...girl no more of that... I did my Joico 17 Minute Miracle last night...not a one circle in the sink...:shocked:

Protein rocks!! I'm glad you found this out too! :superbanana:
OK LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE ANOTHER NEW PRODUCT. THATS WHY I LOVE:kisses:
YOU LADIES. OK SPILL THE BEANS. HOW DID IT WORK? IS THAT A NEW PRODUCT FROM JOICO?

The Results are In! I have succesfully done my first Henna. The color came out SO beautiful I am more than happy. At first my roommate said I looked like Malcom X but I think it darkened up a little after the blow dry. What I did was I took half the package of Henna, mixed it with hot water til it was a nice paste/pudding consistency and let it sit overnight. Later that next day I mixed 2 cap fulls of olive oil, a little squire of Kera Care for Itchy scalp, and a tiny squirt of Pantene conditioner. I wanted to leave as much Henna as possible so it'd be more Henna than Henna gloss. I put it on my hair after shampooing, put on a cap, and sit under the dryer for about 50 minutes. I washed it out, applied ORS Replinishing, and left that on for about 10 minutes. After rinsing that out i sprayed my hair with Aphogee Keratin green tea and the Pro-Vitamin leave in. I also put some Chi silk infusion in it, blow dried straight, and then straightened. "I am natural by the way"..... Now most would look at this and thing OMG that is so much protein but 1 my hair LOVES protein. Secondly my hair was not hard after my Henna. It was wet and soft like a conditioner afterwards, just slightly crunchy but the ORS took care of that. My hair feels SO good. I got a little bit of weight back in my hair, the strands definatly feel slightly thicker, and the Henna shine you all talk about? SO beautiful my hair has so much body. I well continue to do this at least once or twice a month. I love it!

Attachments

• DSCF0617.jpg
    DSCF0617.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF0624.jpg
    DSCF0624.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 18
The Results are In! I have succesfully done my first Henna. The color came out SO beautiful I am more than happy. At first my roommate said I looked like Malcom X but I think it darkened up a little after the blow dry. What I did was I took half the package of Henna, mixed it with hot water til it was a nice paste/pudding consistency and let it sit overnight. Later that next day I mixed 2 cap fulls of olive oil, a little squire of Kera Care for Itchy scalp, and a tiny squirt of Pantene conditioner. I wanted to leave as much Henna as possible so it'd be more Henna than Henna gloss. I put it on my hair after shampooing, put on a cap, and sit under the dryer for about 50 minutes. I washed it out, applied ORS Replinishing, and left that on for about 10 minutes. After rinsing that out i sprayed my hair with Aphogee Keratin green tea and the Pro-Vitamin leave in. I also put some Chi silk infusion in it, blow dried straight, and then straightened. "I am natural by the way"..... Now most would look at this and thing OMG that is so much protein but 1 my hair LOVES protein. Secondly my hair was not hard after my Henna. It was wet and soft like a conditioner afterwards, just slightly crunchy but the ORS took care of that. My hair feels SO good. I got a little bit of weight back in my hair, the strands definatly feel slightly thicker, and the Henna shine you all talk about? SO beautiful my hair has so much body. I well continue to do this at least once or twice a month. I love it!
YOU GO GIRL! HENNA ROCKS. LOVE YOUR PICS YOUR HAIR LOOKS LIKE IT GOT THAT SWANG.

Just DC with ORS with a plastic cap for an hour. My heating cap went out on me while I was pre-pooing:wallbash: so I had to sit with the plastic cap longer than I intended. I noticed that I barely had any shedding when I washed, last week I DC with Motions CPR so adding protein to my reggie is helping already!

Beautiful results IndianAngel - that color and shine are blingin' girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back