PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like its a good moisturizing conditioner. I don't see any protien ingredients. I know one cholesterol brand have protein. maybe its the Lekair brand. queen helene is moisture too. Hey ladies let me know if I overlooked something

If I may jump in - it is a moisturizing condish - I use this for prepoos and when I Henna - hope this helps...

BTW - this was in reference to the Lustrasilk Moisturizing Conditioner (Mango Shea Cholesterol)

If I may jump in - it is a moisturizing condish - I use this for prepoos and when I Henna - hope this helps...

BTW - this was in reference to the Lustrasilk Moisturizing Conditioner (Mango Shea Cholesterol)

Sqzbly I think I may have said this before but I LOVE your siggy pic! Showing hair does not need to be waistlength to be full, shiny and beautiful!

Sqzbly I think I may have said this before but I LOVE your siggy pic! Showing hair does not need to be waistlength to be full, shiny and beautiful!

Thank you JDandBeyond!!! That is so very nice of you to say!!! - Believe me - I go through changes with this hair because it is so fine - rollersets (and me not knowing how to use a flat iron:lachen::lachen: )have been my saving grace!!!

sqzbly1908 - Your hair is truly beautiful! I keep hearing about the Henna, but can't find it anywhere and am scared that I'm going to get the wrong one. My hair is very fine as well, and thinnnnnnnnnn, yet your hair has a beautiful shine and looks very full... Kudos to you!

Checking in ladies

I deep conditioned without heat for an hour with colorful neutral protein filler, lanza healing moisture co, and moi moi masque and my hair feels like butter. It is soft yet strong and supple....10 all the way:yep:.

I have cantu shea butter too! its very moisturizing. Havent used it in a while. Last night when I used the joico kpak I didn't follow up with no moisture. I'm sick and tired of my hair being weak and mushy. My hair is very happy this week cause I didn't use moisture afterwards!

thinking of going this route tommorow... :yep:

sqzbly1908 - Your hair is truly beautiful! I keep hearing about the Henna, but can't find it anywhere and am scared that I'm going to get the wrong one. My hair is very fine as well, and thinnnnnnnnnn, yet your hair has a beautiful shine and looks very full... Kudos to you!

HI Ms IBELEEVENME!!! (LUV THAT NAME) - Thank you for the compliment!!! I just started doing Henna in October...it definitely gives makes your hair stronger and give it a lot of body (I am going to space it out more since I have been doing MT and adding more protein to my regimen as it can cause some overload) - Girl I do a "Henna Gloss" which I learned from Lavandar (this is her Fotki address) http://public.fotki.com/Lavendar2/- I will be doing it again about a week or two after my next relaxer...

Sqzbly1908 - I can't seem to get into everyone's fokti's and when I go to her's it's saying it isn't there. :ohwell: Do you mind if I ask where you find Henna and what type you use? ( I heard that there is a good and bad type). I'd love to find out about this gloss b/c my hair is sometimes glossless. I am going to try to see if I can find this Nexxus Emergencee tonight so that I can start on some type of protein reg. because it is something I definately am lacking, but if I can find the henna I'd like to start that as well. How often do you use it?

Sqzbly1908 - I can't seem to get into everyone's fokti's and when I go to her's it's saying it isn't there. :ohwell: Do you mind if I ask where you find Henna and what type you use? ( I heard that there is a good and bad type). I'd love to find out about this gloss b/c my hair is sometimes glossless. I am going to try to see if I can find this Nexxus Emergencee tonight so that I can start on some type of protein reg. because it is something I definately am lacking, but if I can find the henna I'd like to start that as well. How often do you use it?

Hmmm - that strange - I am at work so Fotkis are blocked:perplexed - I bought my last Henna from Hennaforhair.com (plethora of information) and you can also get it from hennasooq.com (the owner of this site is a member Khadija Carryl - very friendly and helpful). The henna that I have used/use is Jamila - gotta make sure that it is BAQ (Body Art Quality) -

Emergencee is a great protein condish - if you opt to do that (which I would recommend) hold off on trying to henna...You probably already know but make sure you get a good moisturizing dc (if u don't already have one) to use with the Emergencee' - some good ones are AO HSR, Nexxus Humectress and Kenra MC (just to name a few) -

HTH

Thank you Sheba1 and Aggie for the advice, I think the bottom line is protein, should not be completely avoided, I'll see how I go with incorporating it back into my regimen. I've been avoiding it for about 6 months or so!

Thank you Sheba1 and Aggie for the advice, I think the bottom line is protein, should not be completely avoided, I'll see how I go with incorporating it back into my regimen. I've been avoiding it for about 6 months or so!

You are so welcome! We're all in this together :yep:

You're welcomed brittle_hair.

Thank you sqzbly1908 !!! I am going to go look on Hennaforhair and keep in on reserve. I'm already trying to find a place to but the other products. It's good to know that Nexxus also has a good conditioner as well. I heard that using the same line of products sometimes worked best... though I could be wrong.

So.. I clarified my hair this morning and used only the Joico K-Pak for 5 minutes in the shower (no moisturizing conditioner afterwards) and my hair felt good...I think the first time I used it my hair REALLY needed it, and thats why it got kinda hard.. today after rinsing my hair was an 8 maybe, just because I STILL had breakage after combing it out... Im going to pick up that Mendex pak today and use it this weekend and see how that goes...

Last night I headed to Sallys to get some Aphogee products. I got the Keratin/Green Tea Restructurizer, the Provitamin Leave-In Conditoner. I sprayed these two in my hair and was surprised. It left my hair soft and moisturized without any residue/crunchy feeling. I also got the Keratin 2 minute Reconstructor and the Two-Step Protein Treatment. I hope these products help improve the health of my hair. I'll let cha know how it goes with the 2 min Recon next week.

Okay I went to Hennaforhair.com and was doing some reading and there is wonderful info on there. (trying to figure out how to print it at work).... but I'm not sure what to order yet so I left them a message... but I'd like to order it and keep it on hand so as not to have to keep ordering it everytime I need some. (I swear it says you can order a spoonfull on there! lol)

Don't think I am crazy, but I tried to OD on protein last night. I was just tight that my hair is still breaking. I DC on dry hair with AO GPB for about 2 hrs. Rinsed, my hair was soft so I wasn't gonna use a moisturing condish. I get ready to step out the shower, gently touch my hair and too many hairs were in my hands. I said "not having it". Got my Joico rescue pak (mini bottles of the entire k-pak line) and grabbed the condish, and my Aphogee 2 min. Applied w/ heat for 10mins, rinsed. Felt ok, but need some moisture. Used Aussie Deep in shower for about 5mins, not too bad. Def needs more then 3 mins to do anything. Then applied some Abba nourish leave-on, let it sink in, used joico daily leave-in and detangler (19 essential amino proteins), then (glad I read the bottle) applied K-pak leave-in reconstruct (more aminos--yum). My have feels good today. A lot less breakage in the comb. I think its and 8. But hair is def fuller, and silkier.

Last night I headed to Sallys to get some Aphogee products. I got the Keratin/Green Tea Restructurizer, the Provitamin Leave-In Conditoner. I sprayed these two in my hair and was surprised. It left my hair soft and moisturized without any residue/crunchy feeling. I also got the Keratin 2 minute Reconstructor and the Two-Step Protein Treatment. I hope these products help improve the health of my hair. I'll let cha know how it goes with the 2 min Recon next week.

That's what I use in my regimen :) All except the 2 step. I wrote about it in my blog recently :D

Thanks OP for adding me to the challenge. I'll be checking in on Saturday after I wash, DC, and do my protein treatment.

Checking in ladies

I deep conditioned without heat for an hour with colorful neutral protein filler, lanza healing moisture co, and moi moi masque and my hair feels like butter. It is soft yet strong and supple....10 all the way:yep:.
:trampolinYES A perfect 10

Thank you sqzbly1908 !!! I am going to go look on Hennaforhair and keep in on reserve. I'm already trying to find a place to but the other products. It's good to know that Nexxus also has a good conditioner as well. I heard that using the same line of products sometimes worked best... though I could be wrong.
I agree nexxus humectress has a good moisturizing condish.

So.. I clarified my hair this morning and used only the Joico K-Pak for 5 minutes in the shower (no moisturizing conditioner afterwards) and my hair felt good...I think the first time I used it my hair REALLY needed it, and thats why it got kinda hard.. today after rinsing my hair was an 8 maybe, just because I STILL had breakage after combing it out... Im going to pick up that Mendex pak today and use it this weekend and see how that goes...
Yeah I liked using it without following up with moisture. Keep us posted on the mendex. I never used it. Curious to know how it works. Can't stop saying your hair is so thick and pretty

Yeah I bought the leave in too! now I have the green tea and leave in. Eventually going to get the 2 min. I'm really leaning toward aphoghee and nexxus products:yep:

Okay I went to Hennaforhair.com and was doing some reading and there is wonderful info on there. (trying to figure out how to print it at work).... but I'm not sure what to order yet so I left them a message... but I'd like to order it and keep it on hand so as not to have to keep ordering it everytime I need some. (I swear it says you can order a spoonfull on there! lol)
yeah thats where I bought my henna from too! I haven't rebought. No particular reason just tring to use up all my other products first. I did like the way it conditioned my hair.

Don't think I am crazy, but I tried to OD on protein last night. I was just tight that my hair is still breaking. I DC on dry hair with AO GPB for about 2 hrs. Rinsed, my hair was soft so I wasn't gonna use a moisturing condish. I get ready to step out the shower, gently touch my hair and too many hairs were in my hands. I said "not having it". Got my Joico rescue pak (mini bottles of the entire k-pak line) and grabbed the condish, and my Aphogee 2 min. Applied w/ heat for 10mins, rinsed. Felt ok, but need some moisture. Used Aussie Deep in shower for about 5mins, not too bad. Def needs more then 3 mins to do anything. Then applied some Abba nourish leave-on, let it sink in, used joico daily leave-in and detangler (19 essential amino proteins), then (glad I read the bottle) applied K-pak leave-in reconstruct (more aminos--yum). My have feels good today. A lot less breakage in the comb. I think its and 8. But hair is def fuller, and silkier.
Oh wow! Bringing back memories. I have rinsed and reapplied different products plenty. I did it out of frustration cause my hair was still feeling weak........Glad you did see improvement after it was all done:grin:

Patricia, which one did you purchase? I'm trying to figure out how much it works out to be in the larger qtys.
Henna from Yemen. I bought it just because. I asked after the fact if it was the right one. I was glad to hear it was good! On the other hand, they also told me all their henna was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back