PP Biotin Bristling, Itching, Follicular Action?

I used to take 1000; it didn't do as much for me. It sounds like 5000 is the threshold for hair growth without wasting.
smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
beana3 said:
i've been trying to stay away from this thread, but dammit i can't!!! I'm currently taking CL biotin in 5mg's and I'm experiencing scalp activity (but i'm also doing scalp massages every night) so i'm not sure what to attribute the activity to. How long does this sale last??? I'm planning on switching brands b/c of the raves, but not for another month or so

[/ QUOTE ]

The sale lasts until May 1

Bonjour, Mahalialee
laugh.gif

For a loading dose, if you choose to do one, I would suggest 10mg for a period of 2 weeks only. Don't do a full month with the biotin, especially if you are using the PP or the Freeda. And, do your loading dose in the first half of your cycle to avoid any possible irregularities.

For long-term use, you might want to check with Kasey here at the site. I know she's been taking 10mg daily for quite some time. Additionally, you should watch your cycles and be aware of blood sugar levels. At 10mg and upwards, your blood sugar levels can drop fast...you can feel mighty hungry
shocked.gif
(tell-tale sign).

~Jade~

Hey AZJeep! You know I'm straight feenin', right. i live in chicago and i'm used to things getting here in 3 days...tops. i feel the same way, this stuff betta work, work, work. i wanna be damn rapunzel!!

I'm laughing DSTDIVA... "Rapunzel"
laugh.gif
My sister calls me Pocahantas and Pocahantas I ain't!!!! How many bottles did you order? I'm REEEEEEEEALLY wondering if the folks at PP are wondering what's really going on out there!
laugh.gif
They must think folks found a way to convert biotin into some kind of drug or something the way I'm sure the inventory is taking a dive all of a sudden!! I ordered 6 bottles yesterday (paid for 2) and CAAANNNN'T wait!!!!! Let's get that itchin' goin' !!!!!!!!!!!

JADE21.. question... You wrote that Kasey takes 10,000 mcg. What kind of results has she been getting with that high doseage????

ny2atl,

you know what? i'm finna sneak over to the post office again and check. i only ordered 3 bottles (paid for 1) because i didn't want to have a bunch if i didn't like it. i need for my fix to get here so i can hurry up and see if it works for me!

umm, be right back (she says as she slips her car keys into her pocket). i'll just tell the work folk that i'm going to a meeting.

ny2atl said:
I'm laughing DSTDIVA... "Rapunzel"
laugh.gif
My sister calls me Pocahantas and Pocahantas I ain't!!!! How many bottles did you order? I'm REEEEEEEEALLY wondering if the folks at PP are wondering what's really going on out there!
laugh.gif
They must think folks found a way to convert biotin into some kind of drug or something the way I'm sure the inventory is taking a dive all of a sudden!! I ordered 6 bottles yesterday (paid for 2) and CAAANNNN'T wait!!!!! Let's get that itchin' goin' !!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sitting here reading the Puritan's Pride Biotin bottle and it says "So don't scratch your head and bite your nails - discover the nutritional goodness of Biotin 1,000 mcg".

I just thought that it was pretty funny since everybody's itchin' w/this stuff. What's up w/that?

Additionally, you should watch your cycles and be aware of blood sugar levels. At 10mg and upwards, your blood sugar levels can drop fast...you can feel mighty hungry (tell-tale sign).

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew there was something wrong with me! I've been eating like a horse lately. I went away for a week and stopped taking my vitamins but as soon as I started taking them again my appetite has gone through the roof. I felt it had something to do with the vitamins but I didn't think they had an effect on my blood-sugar level
shocked.gif

By the way, I was on vitaminshoppe's 5mg biotin and I was on country life's 5mg biotin and they did nothing noticible for me. I stopped taking the biotin about a week ago because I wanted to find out if it was the cause of these tiny little bumps I've gotten since coming back from FL and restarting my vitamin regime. So far I can say that it may have something to do with the biotin because the bumps reduced significantly. At the same time, I still see little bumps on my jaw line.
ohwell.gif
Now, any normal person would probably quit with the biotin for a while but after reading this ENTIRE threat from start to finish (all in 1 sitting) I ordered 2 bottles of the PPbiotin and I'm getting 4 free.
I'm a junkie
frown.gif
I can't help it. I have a brand new 300 pill bottle of vitaminshoppe's brand of 5mg biotin. It's sitting in my house with the wrapper and all and I'm trying to figure out who I can sell it to...
grin.gif
I'm anticipating the growth (on my head) but I'm not anticipating it anywhere else on my body and I'm DEFINITELY not anticipating
the itchies. Hopefully PP and God will be good to me and spare me from the itching. I'll let u know how it turns out.

I have the itches but it is not really bad. Everytime I scratch my head I smile. I guess people around me think I am special but evertime I scratch my head (which is often) I think of this thread. btw i took anopther pic this morning. i am gonna monitor my growth rate thru pics while on these pills...is anyone else doing this?
no word on the pp panothenic acid?

i saw that it says that ups doesnt deliver to p.o. boxes which is where i want it sent. which method would be better for me to send it? is there a way i can get it to come faster? i am ready to use these and get the itchies.
whyme.gif
God bless you all.

The only thing I'm soooooooo NOT looking forward to is the mustache, side burns, hairy boobs and hairy chin. Come on now!!! Can't a sista get some hair on her head drama free!!! That's all I'm askin' !!!!!!
laugh.gif
Soooo... I guess in addition to the tweezers, I'll have to invest in some wax, clippers and weed wackers huh!!?? Whateverrrr...
laugh.gif

The only thing I'm soooooooo NOT looking forward to is the mustache, side burns, hairy boobs and hairy chin. Come on now!!! Can't a sista get some hair on her head drama free!!! That's all I'm askin' !!!!!! Soooo... I guess in addition to the tweezers, I'll have to invest in some wax, clippers and weed wackers huh!!?? Whateverrrr...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hairy boobs
shocked.gif
. Oh my, I would have freaked if that happened to me.
laugh.gif

Azul, the box that the vits come in are a little big. I don't know how big your PO box is, but from the ones that I've seen they might not be big enuf to hold the PP box. Can you ship them to a friend at his/her job, then pick them up?

dstdiva said:
azul,

mine went to my po box cuz i used the postal service...which will take a little longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops!!
shocked.gif
Well, never mind my earlier suggestion, Azul. . .

well, you're not really wrong. it didn't fit in my box, so they left a slip and i just had to pick it up from the counter.

Parrr-tay !!!!! Hopefully I can do my itchie dance too next week. I just ordered mine yesterday so I guess I still have a few days to go.
frown.gif
Hey! Since we'll all be starting around the same time, let's keep each other posted on the progress. Kay?
wink.gif

wallbash.gif
stupid, stupid, stupid. i just realized that my pills are 300mcg. damn it! oh well, i'll just have to take 'bout 16 of em eryday!

yeah, we can keep track together. i should be getting a touchup next week.

DSTDIVA,
GIRL THAT SONG

OH-O WORK IT WORK,,,,,,U WORK IT!!!
IS THAT WHAT U WERE SINGING? I LOVE THAT SONG!!!
LET ME ASK WHERE U HOLDING YOUR VITAMINS ON YOUR KNEES DOING A HUCHIE HUNCH DANCE?
grin.gif

Well, about boob hair: I said my chest hair is more pronounced. Betwixt my mosquito bites the hair is about 1/6 thicker, no more no less. Besides, the fact that my hair gets coarser in the winter may explain it more than anything else. The length of the hair has always been there, and I'm sure biotin didn't just slip down the hair shaft and thicken it. Perhaps I'm noticing the hair more because I'm observing my hair growth religiously.

Things Puritan Pride Biotin is DEFINITELY making skyrocket: scalp hair, nails, sideburns

blush.gif
blush.gif
cool.gif

Dstdiva, maybe you can exchange the pills for the strength you want!! I know you'll have to delay gratification a bit, but it might be worth it! Just a suggestion.

dstdiva said:
azul,

mine went to my po box cuz i used the postal service...which will take a little longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you used ups? cause i too get the slip in the box and i sign for the package. i mean the latest i am willing to wait for it is two weeks. i dont want it to be May by the time i get this stuff.
swearing.gif
God bless you all.

Okay everyone. I purchased two bottles of the Freeda Biotin in 2.5mg a week ago. I take two which is the equivalent of 5mg, and I'm telling y'all, I'M ABOUT TO GO CRAZY WITH THIS ITCHING! I'm sitting at this computer madly posting, trying to ignore the creepy-crawler feel that's running amuck all over my head, as if someone is running track and field up and down this bad-boy! I don't know whether to be happy or mad at this?
crazy.gif

I should be happy right? BUT all this "follicular action" IS DRIVING ME CRAZY! Doggone it
whyme.gif
They cost $9.56 at Willner Chemists here in NYC, and the 10mg cost well over $56.00 I have nothing to report but a glowing review for this brand in terms of hair-growth, but the drawback is the crawling feel that accompanies it
nono.gif

Alas, the price we women pay for beauty!

SeaMist said:
Okay everyone. I purchased two bottles of the Freeda Biotin in 2.5mg a week ago. I take two which is the equivalent of 5mg, and I'm telling y'all, I'M ABOUT TO GO CRAZY WITH THIS ITCHING! I'm sitting at this computer madly posting, trying to ignore the creepy-crawler feel that's running amuck all over my head, as if someone is running track and field up and down this bad-boy! I don't know whether to be happy or mad at this?
crazy.gif

I should be happy right? BUT all this "follicular action" IS DRIVING ME CRAZY! Doggone it
whyme.gif
They cost $9.56 at Willner Chemists here in NYC, and the 10mg cost well over $56.00 I have nothing to report but a glowing review for this brand in terms of hair-growth, but the drawback is the crawling feel that accompanies it
nono.gif

Alas, the price we women pay for beauty!

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
did you just say nyc?? i read a post where jade said freeda was a little better than pp or was i imagining that? and you say this is in nyc??? please say this is a store you can walk in pick up an item and put money down and walk out? i ask because when something is highly recommended its from the internet and i hate having to order everything online. i will still get the pp biotin and compare but is this the same freeda jade recommened?????
confused.gif
confused.gif
God bless you all.

Azul yes this is the same Freeda Biotin
smile.gif
The link to Willner chemists is Willner and they are located @ 100 Park Avenue, NewYork, NY.

Call them because you have to order it. They will call you and tell you when you can come in to pick up your order.

Back