PP Biotin Bristling, Itching, Follicular Action?

HoneyVibe this is another sign of hair growth reported by the ladies. A real tender feeling like what you just mentioned. As annoying as it is something good os going on there. I sometimes get sore spots which are tender to touch lightly. I know it's not due to how I wear my hair because it's never tight.

They look like a normal pimple I guess!
frown.gif
I dont know if it is from The PP or my MSM. But I just added biotin, and it just appeared. I do get that tingly sensation though.
smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
ms jadu said:
They look like a normal pimple I guess!
frown.gif
I dont know if it is from The PP or my MSM. But I just added biotin, and it just appeared. I do get that tingly sensation though.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Small bumps appeared on my forehead last week. I put some tea tree oil on them and they disappeared. However, they are back. I think its the biotin because I have not changed my vitamins lately. Guess I will be using more tea tree oil.

Honeyvibe--I get headaches too. It feels like my scalp is tighten and that someone is pulling my hair. However, I do not get tingling sensation AND my nails have not grown a LICK.
mad.gif

ms jadu,

I got those pimples too!!
blush.gif
blush.gif
Thanks for bringing this up because I've been meaning to ask this very question. I don't know if I should continue with the biotin or not. Maybe if I decrease my dose the bumps will go away. I haven't decided what to do yet. I want my hair to grow but I don't want bad skin!
frown.gif

I hear what your saying. I dont know if it is because it is clashing with the other vitamins im taking, not enough water consumage, or if there is fillers in the product? Im just glad im not the only one who feels this way.

Ms. Jadu,

I'd say make sure you are drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water daily THROUGHOUT the day. I seriously doubt it's the fillers or any type of nutrient conflict. If you are still having the eruption problem after about a month, I would say start reducing the amount by about 1mg per week to see where they stop. Otherwise, you may have to consider dumping it
shocked.gif

When I started taking pantothenic acid for my pollen sensitivity initially, I got several pimples, but after about 2 weeks, my skin cleared and was glowing tremendously.

It seems like biotin, pantothenic acid, Vitamin C, anda B-complex are major culprits among the water-solubles which generate some pimples. Same thing with the MSM. But, usually, once everything comes out, it's clear skin. Not always, but most times.

~Jade~

Re: PP Biotin Bristling, Itching, Follicular Actio

Okay ladeez, make room on the crackhead bench for another one . . . I've been wanting to post this message for 30 minutes, but my boyfriend was in one of those chatty moods.

I'm SO EXCITED!!!! Yesterday I ordered the PP Amino 1500 for cheap cheap cheap - 3 fer 1, of course. I clicked onto this thread for the first time today, and you guys got the whole PJ thing stirred up again for the biotin! I couldn't figure out where everyone was getting 5000 mcg biotin from since I didn't see it on the site, but thankfully you ladies pointed out that you take 5 of those tabs per day. I felt like, DUH!!!

This board is REALLY bad for my wallet.
wallbash.gif

After checking out this thread, I immediately called PP &amp; told them that I placed an order yesterday; can I add onto it? They said I couldn't
frown.gif
, BUT they offered to waive the shipping for me on this new order! So, I ordered the 1000 mcg of biotin plus the B complex vits that you ladies talked about. I got the 50 mg B complex. My order came up to $12.45, minus my $5 coupon, so my total order was $7.45! Excellent!!!

So, I've got the PP biotin, the amino acid complex, and the B complex going on. Thanks for the info on B complex guys - I had no idea that it was so useful to what we're trying to do here. I can't wait for my order - I'm gonna hang around my apartment on Monday and Tuesday to wait for the cursed UPS guys. Lookout - can't stop me now!!!
grin.gif
Itchies? Bring it on!!

pooh123 said:
ms jadu,

I got those pimples too!!
blush.gif
blush.gif
Thanks for bringing this up because I've been meaning to ask this very question. I don't know if I should continue with the biotin or not. Maybe if I decrease my dose the bumps will go away. I haven't decided what to do yet. I want my hair to grow but I don't want bad skin!
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In another thread, we came to the conclusion that MSM can cause breakouts in some women. It's probably not the biotin, but the MSM.

does this make hair on other parts of your body grow as well. i would like my hair to grow but does that everywhere else will grow more too????
crazy.gif
God bless you all.

azul11 said:
does this make hair on other parts of your body grow as well. i would like my hair to grow but does that everywhere else will grow more too????
crazy.gif
God bless you all.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me it does. I've noticed that the hair on my forearms is longer and I am getting a little hair on the side of my face...sideburn action. lol

Hi Honeyvibe,

I'm going to have to go with the biotin because I just recently added the MSM to my routine and I was already taking 2500 mcg of biotin from GNC's Hair, Skin, and Nail vitamins. I ran out of those last week and now I'm taking 5000 mg of the Puritan's Pride brand. Now it could have been an ingredient in the GNC pills that didn't agree with me. I'm not sure. I'm going to continue to take the Puritan's Pride vitamins over the next few weeks and see what happens. If I still to get the bumps I'm going to do what Jade suggests and gradually step down my dosage a little at a time and see if that helps. I usually drink 8 or more glasses of water a day so I'm also going to up my water consumption too. I'll let you know what happens!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

CurlyCrly said:
azul11 said:
crazy.gif
God bless you all.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me it does. I've noticed that the hair on my forearms is longer and I am getting a little hair on the side of my face...sideburn action. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to shave my legs more often. My eyebrows are growing in faster too.

THREAD HIJACK:
Hey, do you guys think I need to increase my intake of calcium? I really want my nails to grow and I swear they are growing very slow right now. To be honest, I don't eat many foods high in calcium. Let me know what yall think.
smile.gif

PS--For the last two nights my head has been all itchy in the back, but I still wake up with headaches.
frown.gif

Everyone should take enough calcium, either through food or supplements. I don't get enough either, so I in addition to the 45% provided by my multivitamin, I take a calcium supplement.

Re: PP Biotin Bristling, Itching, Follicular Actio

Gosh darn it, I missed my UPS delivery of my amino tabs that I ordered Wednesday. I thought they weren't supposed to come till Monday?!!! I'll have to call UPS and beg them to change the delivery location to my wretched job. I planned to quit on Monday morning but now it looks like I'll have to quit on Tuesday. Well, at least I'll be at home in case they come on Tuesday.

I want my vits!!!!!!!!!
wallbash.gif
I need my fix!!!!!!

I feel it! I feel it!
trampoline.gif

After about 8 days my scalp started to itch. At first I thought it was the Hairobics Scalp Booster. I shampooed and stopped using it for two days. I was still itching. It's gotta be the PPB! And it seems to be itching most in the area that was damaged during my last touch-up.
clap.gif

I take MSM by Now Foods, and it wasnt the MSM for me. It started when I added the Biotin to my regimen. But I am increasing my water intake, so hopefully the pimples will go down. Howver, My scalp has been itching like crazy, and my nails have been growing well.

CurlyCrly said:
azul11 said:
crazy.gif
God bless you all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that's right. The hair on my legs and belly hasn't changed at all, but the hair between my boozums is more pronounced, and so are my sideburns and my "lady's moustache".

As for the hair on my head, hoo boy. It's growing so fast it looks like baby hair; the "normal hair" looks lifted off my head because the new growth is pushing out quickly and silky.

My nails were 1/4 an inch a week and a half ago, and I clipped them down to about half that length so they were neat, rather than long. THEY'RE BACK TO THE SAME LENGTH they were a week and a half ago. I kid you not.

What is this, weird science?! This stuff works TOO well. Ha!

Congratulations to you all!

I still itch, but not like I was before.

I'm glad that I am not the only one getting sideburn action.
grin.gif

You're not the only one, Curlcrly!!
shocked.gif
I'm getting sideburn action and mustache action. I'm having to pluck out hair on my face!!!
shocked.gif

HoneyVibe said: What is this, weird science?! This stuff works TOO well. Ha!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean! I never had a biotin supplement perform the way PPB does. It really would be nice to find out where they harvest their biotin from. That would answer a whole lot of questions
smile.gif
Not that I'm complaining though
grin.gif

I am now getting the ants crawling on the scalp feeling....anyother time I'd be creeped out, but I know it's the PP Biotin at work!!!

dance7.gif

i started reading this thread last week and i (pj that i am) ordered 3 bottles of the PP biotin. i'm still waiting!!!!!!
mad.gif
as a matter of fact, i'm going to sneak outta work and go check my po box right now!

dstdiva said:
i started reading this thread last week and i (pj that i am) ordered 3 bottles of the PP biotin. i'm still waiting!!!!!!
mad.gif
as a matter of fact, i'm going to sneak outta work and go check my po box right now!

[/ QUOTE ]
I see you Miss DST. A girl needs to take a break sometime--all that HARD work your doing...
wink.gif

What shipping method did you choose? I chose UPS, and even though I think they suck I got my packages in 2 days. If you did too, call customer service at Puritan Pride to get your tracking number. Then call UPS or check the tracking on line.

ThursdayGirl said:
Ummm are these sideburns and moustaches new? or did you ladies always have fine hairs there?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's new for me. It's like baby hair. It is similar to what I have all around the hairline area. I've noticed that the baby hair in the back is getting longer too. I don't have the moustache (yet), thank goodness.

Back