PP Biotin Bristling, Itching, Follicular Action?

Ny2atl, try to control your hands from shaking before you start your fix!!
grin.gif
Anyhoo, I'm glad you got your 'stuff'.
laugh.gif

My PP biotin just arrived, but now you guys are talking about taking b-complex with it. What is b-complex and what does it do??? And how should I take it with PPB? Everytime I take PPB pill then would I take a B-complex pill?? Can I purchase b-complex from a GNC because I don't want to have to wait on another shipment from PP.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
ELISA said:
My PP biotin just arrived, but now you guys are talking about taking b-complex with it. What is b-complex and what does it do??? And how should I take it with PPB? Everytime I take PPB pill then would I take a B-complex pill?? Can I purchase b-complex from a GNC because I don't want to have to wait on another shipment from PP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Elisa, Welcome to the board. B vitamins work synergystically with each other. In other words, they perform at their maximum effectiveness when taken together. A good B-complex is called Stress tabs and can be picked up at Wal-mart.

Thank you. Do you take a b vitamin each time you take a biotin pill? How do you take it and how many times a day?

Re: PP Biotin Bristling, Itching, Follicular Actio

For most of you how long did it take before this "follicular action" started? I've been taking PP biotin for about a week and a half, but no "special" itching yet.

EmeraldSky, my itching started on day 11 and lasted for a couple of weeks. I haven't noticed any increase in growth yet (except more hair in the hairline and sideburns) and I've been taking these pills since Feb 28th. I'm disappointed, to say the least. I'm giving it another month and that's it.

Oh CURLY... don't say that...
frown.gif
Noooooooooooo.... I just invested in Puritan stock!!!
grin.gif
Kidding. I am exited. I just got mine yesterday and got all excited when I woke up this morning.... with BIOTIN on my mind!!!! Yeah baby!!! Isn't that pitiful!
laugh.gif
I'm optimistic. Don't give up your biotin girl! No, no, noooo...

I plan to take all of the biotin pills that I have on hand. Since I got 2 free, I have 3 1/2 more months of biotin left. If I don't see results within the next 4 weeks, I will not restck the other vitamins/minerals/protein as I run out after the 4 weeks are up. In fact, I may increase my biotin dose to 7 per day to get rid of them soon. I will continue to take the biotin until it is gone because I have them, but I will no longer have any false hopes that they will do anything after the 4 weeks are up. Before taking the vitamins for hair, I was already taking B-50, calcium, vit E, and a multi, so I will continue to take those regardless of the outcome.

I still won't let you give up hope!!!
look.gif
Do you think you could just be in your non-growing phase (resting period)? It could all just be a coincidence. Yeaaaaah... that's it... a coincidence!
wink.gif

CurlyCrly said:
I plan to take all of the biotin pills that I have on hand. Since I got 2 free, I have 3 1/2 more months of biotin left. If I don't see results within the next 4 weeks, I will not restck the other vitamins/minerals/protein as I run out after the 4 weeks are up. In fact, I may increase my biotin dose to 7 per day to get rid of them soon. I will continue to take the biotin until it is gone because I have them, but I will no longer have any false hopes that they will do anything after the 4 weeks are up. Before taking the vitamins for hair, I was already taking B-50, calcium, vit E, and a multi, so I will continue to take those regardless of the outcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay so it's not just me then. I started taking my PP Biotin about a month ago and I haven't scratched my head once. I haven't felt no bristling, no growing, no follicular action- nothing. My hair is in braids so I can't really tell if it's growing out of control. I'll still take them and all since I have 5 more bottles of this stuff but I haven't seen or felt anything miraculous... Maybe my hopes were too high

I started taking my PP Biotin about a month ago and I haven't scratched my head once. I haven't felt no bristling, no growing, no follicular action- nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Crystal (pretty name, I must add
wink.gif

It could be that those of us experiening the tingles are tender-headed and everyone who isn't experiencing any sensation (like yourself) just may have thicker scalps. I hope that made sense
newconfuse.gif

WELL i KNOW MY SCALP IS ITCHING UP A STORM IN THE BACK AND THE TOP OF MY SCALP FEELS LIKE ANTS CRAWLING....i AM IRRITATED.....I AM TIRED OF SCRATCHING...I AM MONITORINBG TO SEE IF I AM GETTING GROWTH

im takin a multiple vitamin pill from GNC that has 600 (um i think mg or mcg i 4got. lol) and i have another bottle of biotin by itself and it also is 600. Should/could i go to the store and get the 5k biotin from GNC and take that or would that be too much cause of the multiple vitamin i have that already has 600 biotin in it? I'm also gonna ask the lady at the store too. Maybe i can take this biotin back or replace it. Hmmm

Crysdon said:
I started taking my PP Biotin about a month ago and I haven't scratched my head once. I haven't felt no bristling, no growing, no follicular action- nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Crystal (pretty name, I must add
wink.gif

It could be that those of us experiening the tingles are tender-headed and everyone who isn't experiencing any sensation (like yourself) just may have thicker scalps. I hope that made sense
newconfuse.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.. Yeah that could be it... I'm pretty thick-headed.
grin.gif

Is your name Crystal too?

Is your name Crystal too?

[/ QUOTE ]

respec.gif

Hey you know what Crystal and Crysdon.... you might have a point there!!! Just like some scalps are more sensitive to relaxers and chemical ingredients... This makes sense. I hope that's it because my excitement has me READY for some extra growth!!!

ny2atl said:
I still won't let you give up hope!!!
look.gif
Do you think you could just be in your non-growing phase (resting period)? It could all just be a coincidence. Yeaaaaah... that's it... a coincidence!
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

All of my hair wouldn't be in a resting phase at one time. I don't know what the deal is. One more month.

I did get the itching for about the first two weeks and I am not tenderheaded.

To those who are not experiencing the itching, bristling etc, I wouldn't be concerned about it, as long as you're experiencing GROWTH.

I'm experiencing "folicular action" with country life biotin at 5mg's daily. I've also been massaging my scalp 2x's a day and doing cinnamon (exfoliating and soothing) pretreats. I'm not sure if its the vits, but i'm not going to stop and find out!!
Also, my hairline is making lots of progress! i use profectiv 2x's daily, so again i'm not sure, maybe its both vits and profectiv
grin.gif

I'm very tenderheaded and i get sore scalp often, maybe thats why i feel all this extra activity.

NM what i asked bout the biotin. I asked my Nutrition teacher and imm gonna stick w/my 600. He says 600 is enough. hehe.

this is all new to me
I dont get any "itching" action but I get a lot of new growth. At least one inch per month, sometimes a little more.

*Note. I take 1500mcg/1.5mg of biotin daily along with a reg vit supplement.

CONGRATS Emgurl on reaching another goal!!
smile.gif
You've done really well going from shoulder to bra strap in about 7 months. Has your hair ever been that long? Have you always had that kind of growth rate?

hi ny2atl

I had brastrap length hair for most of my life up untill June of last year..... I had a MAJOR bleaching accident.. lol. I barely ever visit salons and that first time in years that I did. The sytlist bleached my hair not once but twice and then colored it after that! I wont lie and say it didnt look great but it broke my hair like you wouldnt believe. Up to my ear in certain places. I ended up cutting it off to a little above shoulder lenght. But all is good now! thank god

As for growth per month.. Ive never really started to measure untill I came to this board. But a lot of people including myself was surprised at how fast it grew.. much thanks to everyone at the LHCF!!! Now I just need to get to waist length
smile.gif
grin.gif

How many times a day do you all take b-complex? Do you take it with biotin. It seems like a lot of pills....5 biotin pills daily and b-complex pills? Can somebody please respond because I want to start my Biotin ASAP. Where else can you by a b-complex beside walmart (there isn't one close by where I live)?

You can good vitamins from your local MAll. Where I live, we have Vitamin Worl instead of Vitmain Shop. I used to take liquid B's, but switched to Tablets. Mine is Mega B- complex 150. They have a 30 % ssell three times a month. I bought mine for about $5.

Elisa, if you can't find a store are you comfortable going on line to purchase your vitamins? I currently take a B-100 that I purchased from CVS (Nature's way). You can find this supplement at CVS and other drug stores. If you're not comfortable with drug stores then you can try the Vitamin Shoppe (my place of choice) or you can try the Puritan Pride website/catalog or find the nearnest health food store by your home.

How many times a day do you take the vitamin B complex? Has this routine really worked for you all as oppose to just taking biotin?

Elisa, I take my b complex once a day. It's one pill. I can't say exactly what it has done to my hair but what I can say is that my hair has been in its best conditioner ever. It's getting stronger, shinier, softer, and the growth isn't miraculous but during the warmer months and in the warmer weather the growth is faster than in hte past.

SweetNic_JA said:
Elisa, I take my b complex once a day. It's one pill. I can't say exactly what it has done to my hair but what I can say is that my hair has been in its best conditioner ever. It's getting stronger, shinier, softer, and the growth isn't miraculous but during the warmer months and in the warmer weather the growth is faster than in hte past.

[/ QUOTE ]

Elisa, what SweetNic sez holds true for me also. I take one B-complex pill each day. It's a B-50. I just started on my PP Biotin last week. Since B-complex is supposed to work well with the biotin, I'll have my fingers crossed!
laugh.gif

CurlyCrly, it's ironic to say the least that you're not so sure about PP Biotin's potency now, and you were the person who started this thread!

I haven't experienced any itching, but my nails are growing like weeds. It's a wonderful indicator that increasing my biotin dose was a good idea.

Back