PP Biotin Bristling, Itching, Follicular Action?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I am excited becuase I am currently taking the Vitamin's Shoppe 5mg Biotin. I will keep you ladies updated on my success. I am also gonna try a hennelucent along with this!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you placed an order for PPBiotin because I haven't had any success with any other brand. I'm also happy that you purchased the hennalucent/images/graemlins/clap.gif because it is the best product that I know of that will help transitioners transition with virtually no breakage and much success /images/graemlins/grin.gif It would NOT damage the relaxed parts of your hair which is an added bonus!

Leshia said:
Come on girl! *slaps you* Snap out of it! I KNOW you're going to get some action girl...it's coming. I have some action, but being the PJ that I am, I don't know if it's from the biotin or the castor oil. One of these is giving me some accctttiionnn!! Come on Elliot's scalp! Lights, CAMERRAAAA, aaaaaction! /images/graemlins/orders.gif/images/graemlins/grin.gif That work?

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/rofl.gifLeshia you are too funny /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CC- Yes, I am taking 5mg. Its just taking alittle longer. I am sure that I will get results, hopefully sooner than later. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Please keep us relaxed heads posted on your hennalucent journey. I bought two packs of neutral a month ago, but just haven't gotten the nerve to try it.

iris said:
I am excited becuase I am currently taking the Vitamin's Shoppe 5mg Biotin. I will keep you ladies updated on my success. I am also gonna try a hennelucent along with this!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you placed an order for PPBiotin because I haven't had any success with any other brand. I'm also happy that you purchased the hennalucent/images/graemlins/clap.gif because it is the best product that I know of that will help transitioners transition with virtually no breakage and much success /images/graemlins/grin.gif It would damage the relaxed parts of your hair which is an added bonus!

[/ QUOTE ]

it damages the relaxed parts of the hair? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif wow okay well count me out.

i tried the vitaminshoppe's 5mg biotin i got nothing. no itch nothing. my nails didnt grow any faster or slower. didnt get stronger. i was taking that and kal's silica plus. and after reading a couple of threads here it made me realize that maybe these products arent as effective. i will be ordering my biotin from puritans pride very soon if i dont see nature's bounty. and that will be it. 5 pills a day is a lot since i am trying to cut back.

btw how big are these pills? they arent horse pills are they? do they smell bad? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif God bless you all.

Iris said:
I'm also happy that you purchased the hennalucent because it is the best product that I know of that will help transitioners transition with virtually no breakage and much success It would damage the relaxed parts of your hair which is an added bonus!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I made an error. Hennalucent WILL NOT damage the relaxed parts of anyone's head. Nor will it damage hair that has been previously dyed.

Azul said:
it damages the relaxed parts of the hair? wow okay well count me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, sorry for the error. I left out the word "NOT" in my previous post, but if anyone read carefully, you would know that noone would be able to transition successfully from relaxed to natural,(which I did), if the hennalucent damaged your hair.

As for the PPB, they are small white, odorless tablets which are not hard to swallow at all. At least not for me.

Thanks Iris...Ia m lbasically bouncing in my seat waiting for the vitamins to arrive!
I am excited ebcause I am getting results form Vitamin Shoppe Biotin along with My GNC Ultranourishhair!! My hair is growing a little faster and my nails are longer nad much much thicker than usual. I also take Naturol MSM 1000mg

i am not taking PP biotin and i get bristling, follicular action. 5mg shops own brand biotin /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

My itchies started on day 11 and were severe for about a week, then subsided considerably since then.

[/ QUOTE ]
Congratulations Curlycrly, you now have the "itchies". Yeah!!!!

Has anyone tried the Freeda vitamins yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't tried the Freeda but the Puritan Pride is just something of a phenomenon. I have been getting great results and the Freeda is definately next on my to-try-list.

SeaMist

Welcome SeaMist
wave.gif

Come on girl...tell us...just how has PPB changed your life
grin.gif

Thanks Iris...Ia m lbasically bouncing in my seat waiting for the vitamins to arrive!
I am excited ebcause I am getting results form Vitamin Shoppe Biotin along with My GNC Ultranourishhair!! My hair is growing a little faster and my nails are longer nad much much thicker than usual. I also take Naturol MSM 1000mg

[/ QUOTE ]

Tonya I'm happy you are getting great results
clap.gif
the biotin and msm are good aren't they?

SeaMist how much growth are you receiving monthly? Ever since Amethyst and Jade who are two of the most knowledgeable members on supplements this forum has, mentioned the PPbiotin and Powdered msm to me, my hair has taken off like a weed girl!

SeaMist how much growth are you receiving monthly? Ever since Amethyst and Jade who are two of the most knowledgeable members on supplements this forum has, mentioned the PPbiotin and Powdered msm to me, my hair has taken off like a weed girl!

[/ QUOTE ]

I get at least 1.5-2 inches a month easily. I devour msm, protein and the PPB along with a host of other vitamins, herbs and minerals. As you have been saying, as long as you take care of your body nutrient-wise, you can achieve what would otherwise be impossible concerning hairgrowth. I'm still trying to decide whether to continue to relax or transition. Thanks for your comments on my post. When I decide I will let you know about my decision.

SeaMist said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I get at least 1.5-2 inches a month easily. I devour msm, protein and the PPB along with a host of other vitamins, herbs and minerals. As you have been saying, as long as you take care of your body nutrient-wise, you can achieve what would otherwise be impossible concerning hairgrowth. I'm still trying to decide whether to continue to relax or transition. Thanks for your comments on my post. When I decide I will let you know about my decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT"S what I'm talking about
smile.gif
Could you please list what supplements you take (including the brand) and the amounts? TIA

SeaMist said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My goodness! We want to know what you're taking and how much. lol That is wonderful growth!!!

Hi Armyqt and CurlyCrly,

I could be here typing forever but after years of taking vitamins and minerals, I will narrow down what I've found that are the bare essentials for me in terms of rapid growth. For me I look at what the human body mainly consists of. It makes much sense to me to consume in great quantities what we are made of and what helps us to function at the highest levels. The below nutrients are either found abundantly in the body or are needed in great amounts to help us operate at our maximum efficiency.

MSM in my opinion is one of the top three supplements there is on the face of this earth. Not only does it detoxify the body, but it makes the hair very soft, shiney and gives the new growth elasticity and lots of strength. I believe high doses also make your hair come in faster as well. This is what intrigued me so much with the henna thread because the ladies there know what they are talking about
smile.gif
So ladies if you read this post, I'm still waiting on those findings! I'm debating whether I should tell you how much I take every day in divided doses because it is quite high. I got into the habit of just devouring this nutrient along with some others. OK, with that out of the way I take approximately 24,000mg daily. I have tried the Trimedica, Carlson Laboratories, and Doctor's Best msm and have developed an affinitity for the Doctor's Best brand. Someone posted about this brand, I can't remember who, but it is one of the best brand msm there is to take. I've read many articles on this and noone can tell me this is not one of the most premiere supplements there is as far as all-around performance. I'm msm obsessed! I just can't do without it.

What more can I say about biotin? You girls all know about the benefits of the PP biotin. I don't have to add anymore to this thread because everyone has done justice to it already. I take 5mg daily also. For my b-complex I take Solgars b-50. I think solgars are one of the better brands around. I also take their b5 vitamin and as far as thickening power, it works like magic.

As far as protein is concerned, I take the PP Amino Acid pills(just grind them up), Twinlabs Liquid Anabolic Aminos, and Powdered protein drinks also. I try to consume close to 100grams of protein daily. So far, between these supplements and the ones mentioned above, it is possible for anyone to achieve faster hair growth. I like to rotate between brands to see what works for me and so far so good with these products.

Alpha Lipoic Acid is a supplement that is equal in terms of nutritional value to vitamins c and e, and I take 100g of this daily from Natrol.

"The Total EFA" by Health from the Sun, helps to a great degree with the softening of the hair. I take two tablespoons of this daily.

Good eating habits along with the consumption of lots of water also contribute and assist in anyone's journey to a better more healthier you. This is where my mulivitamin, minerals comes in. By me eating the right foods. I consume alot of fresh vegetables, fruits, salmon and extra virgin olive oil(thank you Dr. Perricone), and it has helped tremendously healthwise as well. I exercise 4 times weekly and exercise is great for the hair.

btw, rinsing my hair daily and massaging and deep conditioning my hair weekly with peppermint, rosemary, vitamin e, olive and black currant oils, has contributed significantly with the rate of hair growth I get as well. I also add garlic oil to my deep conditioning and know this has helped a great deal also.

longhairdiva I must say, the mayo, eggs and olive oil routine is the best! I like adding natural things to my hair and the natural products far exceed the commercial in my opinion as far as all around health to the hair is concerned. I hope this helps. These supplements and products are the basis of my regimen.

Hi HoneyVibe,

I always had long, thick hair, but when I started using relaxers, I didn't have the knowledge I have now, and it broke off too many times to tell. I can't count the number of times my hair has broken off and fallen out completely because of wrong application methods and overlapping. I could have had been at waistelength with all the set-backs I've experience. I went through another set-back late last year and had to get a haircut. Now my hair is a little above the shoulders, and much of it is natural. I have reduced the heat application to my hair and only use it when I deep condition. I'm going to cut off the rest of the relaxed ends and post some pics once I get everything together. I have to learn how to use this webcam and then decide where I want to link my photos.

Thanx Seamist!

...Welp ladies, I've been taking the biotin in the recommended doses for about a week now. I'll tell all when I start feeling something, but I'm still sorta kinda skeptical! *ducks tomatoes*

Wow, thanks for that thorough, well-detailed explanation of your regimen. You seem to be a supplement guru. As far as the high MSM dosage, one of our members Amethyst takes high dosages as well and she is very enthusiastic about MSM. Thanks for sharing and happy hair growing.
smile.gif

Thanks for the lengthy post SeaMist. It is very much appreciated.
smile.gif

I just reread that post. Is that 24,000 mg or mcg of MSM?

Wow SeaMist your regimen is just fantastic. It's easy to follow and I like the fact that you were very detailed about it. As Armyqt said, our other member Amethyst takes alot of msm too. I just may try it because her recommendations have been nothing but toast concerning supplements. Thanks for posting
smile.gif

one of our members Amethyst takes high dosages as well and she is very enthusiastic about MSM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Darn't
wallbash.gif

Why doesn't my body like MSM?

why, oh why did i read this thread????
mad.gif
Look what u guys done did... I called up PP and ordered me some biotin, like 5 mins before the store closed, i know that woman was UPSET! I havent even gotten thru half the bottle of my GNC biotin yet, but from what i've heard i can't wait to get my ppb!!!

spank.gif
to all of u for making this product sound soo good! next time lie!!! (just kidding of course!)

well, I caved in and purchased pp biotin then upped my dose from 3000 to 4000 and then 5000, all over the course of 2 wks. well, this is my first week doing 5000mg and my follicles tingled so bad last night I couldnt sleep! I am very aware of follicular tingles since upping my biotin!

godzooki said:
well, I caved in and purchased pp biotin then upped my dose from 3000 to 4000 and then 5000, all over the course of 2 wks. well, this is my first week doing 5000mg and my follicles tingled so bad last night I couldnt sleep! I am very aware of follicular tingles since upping my biotin!

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwww sookie sookie now. Me want follicle action soon!!!
smile.gif

Another poster said she wasn't noticing any bristling action, but rather headaches. I think I am too. My head feels tight sometimes, like the hair has just been braided.

But I haven't given the biotin as much time as the other ladies here, so I'm planning to update this report.
smile.gif

I an no longer getting the itchies like I was when I started this thread on 3/11. Every now and then I get an "itch". It's calmed down considerably. I don't know what that means, if anything.

ms jadu said:
Did anybody ger small bumps on their face from taking the biotin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me. What do the bumps look like (rash-like, pimple-like, etc)?

Back