PP Biotin Bristling, Itching, Follicular Action?

Thanks everyone. I got an answer from Curlycrly. She said Nutrition Warehouse merged with Puritan's Pride, so that's why it says Nutrition Warehouse on the label.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
CurlyCrly said:
Five 1000 mcg tablets for me too. Mine came today (bought 2, got 4 free).

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought one and got two free.....did they change the promotion?

Leshia said:
CurlyCrly said:
Five 1000 mcg tablets for me too. Mine came today (bought 2, got 4 free).

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought one and got two free.....did they change the promotion?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been up since 5 am, worked for three hours online, went running and then ran errands....don't bother me about my lack of math skills... /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks everyone. I got an answer from Curlycrly. She said Nutrition Warehouse merged with Puritan's Pride, so that's why it says Nutrition Warehouse on the label.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't mean they are going to change the formula right? I've tried several biotin brands and wherever or however Puritan Pride has been harvesting theirs, that place must be a gold mine because nobody's formula works the same way that PPB does for me.

I also bought 2 and got 4 free. I don't know how long they are having the promotion so I thought I would stock up. I can't wait until it comes;I even paid for express shipping. /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

This is a tremendous thread.

I wish any of you that happen to think about it [PLEASE do this] would go to the Feedback section at the Puritan's Pride website and request a 5mg strength biotin. I did just that when I placed my order, received a reply which said they would add to the Customer Request List. I think if they get enough requests, we will have the option to get bottles of 5mg biotin. That would be so nice /images/graemlins/grin.gif I've been taking 5mg of biotin for a long time /images/graemlins/cool.gif

If anyone would like a coupon code for $5.00 off good through April 30, feel free to PM.

~Jade~

Brownie said:
I asked this question on another post, but did everyone get Nutrition Warehouse Biotin (says this on the label) from Puritan Pride? I was just wondering. Anyway, I just want to make sure I'm taking the same thing as everyone else. By the way, I take 4 a day because I also get 1200mcg of biotin from Ultra Nourishair. Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got my order today and mine just says Puritan's Pride /images/graemlins/confused.gif. When did you get yours?

The Biotin that I ordered in February and received on Feb 28th says Nutrition Warehouse. The biotin that I ordered on Friday and receieved today (Wednesday) says Puritan's Pride.

kathryn said:
I even paid for express shipping. /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Gosh, i ordered mine when this thread started and have had mine for two days now....and I'm in Korea. I think their shipping is just amazing...without the express. Hope it's worth it for ya though... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jade21 said:
This is a tremendous thread.

I wish any of you that happen to think about it [PLEASE do this] would go to the Feedback section at the Puritan's Pride website and request a 5mg strength biotin. I did just that when I placed my order, received a reply which said they would add to the Customer Request List. I think if they get enough requests, we will have the option to get bottles of 5mg biotin. That would be so nice /images/graemlins/grin.gif I've been taking 5mg of biotin for a long time /images/graemlins/cool.gif

If anyone would like a coupon code for $5.00 off good through April 30, feel free to PM.

~Jade~

[/ QUOTE ]

Jade, I was just thinking this same thing just last night /images/graemlins/smile.gif I will definitley put in a request.

I also take 5mg. a day. I noticed an increase in scalp itchiness since
I've started taking the PP Biotin.

I ordered earlier this month and I received a total of 9 bottles of Biotin
and ALL my bottles say Puritan's Pride.

And Jade21, YES, I WILL post on the site that PP should offer a 5mg.
biotin pill (I plan to place another order next month).

/images/graemlins/shocked.gifI got mine about two to three days after I ordered it, they are really fast. I started taking the biotin 1000mg and the B-complex+B12 at the beginning of this week and my head is constantly itching already, I even washed it with shampoo on tuesday. I dont have itchie scalp so this must be the vitamins.

Crysdon said:
Hot-diggity-dawg-dayum!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I always look forward to your comments...they make me laugh /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif/images/graemlins/grin.gif/images/graemlins/grin.gif/images/graemlins/grin.gif/images/graemlins/grin.gif/images/graemlins/grin.gif/images/graemlins/grin.gif/images/graemlins/grin.gif/images/graemlins/grin.gif/images/graemlins/grin.gif/images/graemlins/grin.gif/images/graemlins/grin.gif/images/graemlins/grin.gif/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I got mine about two to three days after I ordered it, they are really fast. I started taking the biotin 1000mg and the B-complex+B12 at the beginning of this week and my head is constantly itching already, I even washed it with shampoo on tuesday. I dont have itchie scalp so this must be the vitamins.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I'm sitting at my computer typing my head is itching like crazy!...I have a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde theory to this thing. On the one hand I'm glad that my hair is growing, but on the other this is starting to become aggravating /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I guess it's one of the prices we all are paying for success /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Iris and churchlady, when did you ladies start taking your biotin? Are we all in agreement that it takes approx 1 1/2 - 2 weeks to begin the "takeoff" ?

finally! last nite my head was itching me like crazy. i almost got up and shampooed it! i thought i was gonna go mad also i swore i felt stuff crawling on my scalp - thought i had lice! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif
so i guess this is it /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif
btw, my bottles say puritan pride.

like curly says - grow hair grow! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

i swore i felt stuff crawling on my scalp - thought i had lice!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, me too! I have that "ants crawling in my scalp" feeling too. I can only relieve the feeling by popping the area that is irritating me. I often wonder if the people at work are saying to themself: "why is that nut smacking her own head?"

Crysdon said:
I often wonder if the people at work are saying to themself: "why is that nut smacking her own head?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my goodness! They're going to send the white coats after you for sure! No worry though because you'll have lots of company. I have a bed reserved myself just in case. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Crysdon said:
Yep, me too! I have that "ants crawling in my scalp" feeling too. I can only relieve the feeling by popping the area that is irritating me. I often wonder if the people at work are saying to themself: "why is that nut smacking her own head?"

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I just got my stuff the other day so my official jump-off date is 3/20/03!!!! I bought the Biotin along with the MSM and Panothenic Acid!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I placed my order on 3/13 and mine came in the mail yesterday. (For the record, my bottles say Puritan's Pride...) I was going to slowly build up to 5 tablets per day. But I'm already taking 5000mcg of Country Life Biotin so I said 'what the heck' and took three with my morning meds and two with my evening meds. I'm anticipating some "follicular action" within the next 30 days. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Okay,

I have been taking Biotin for 10 days now and have not experienced the "Bristling, Itching, Follicular Action." Rather, for the last couple of days, I have been waking up with terrible headaches. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyway, I will "keep hope alive" and in the meantime I am going to check my bottle and make sure it really reads BIOTIN and not PLACEBO.

In the event that I EVER get the "Bristling, Itching, Follicular Action" I will let you all know. (BTW- I love this thread!) /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

elliot,

Did you decided to take 5 pills too? My itchies started on day 11 and were severe for about a week, then subsided considerably since then.

Edited to add: I ordered the PP 90% Protein powder yesterday, so we'll see how that works for me. It doesn't have as many grams of protein as some of the other products others are using, but it's a start for me and the price was good. Here is the product info from their website.

http://www.puritan.com/pages/Categories.asp?xs=9753CB4AF9364AD0AA9ED4D27E0619D1&amp;CID=30

Directions: (Shake can before each use). For adults, take one (1) scoop (20 g) as a food, blended with low fat milk, fruit or vegetable juice of your choice, or any low calorie flavoring or extract. It is also excellent when added to soup.

Notice-Use this product as a food supplement. Do not use for weight reduction.

Amino Acids (approximate values) per serving (20 g):

**Essential Amino Acids

***L-Tryptophan is naturally occurring, not added.

L-Alanine 750 mg
L-Arginine 1,320 mg
L-Aspartic Acid 2,000 mg
L-Cysteine 220 mg
L-Glutamic Acid 3,300 mg
L-Glycine 730 mg
**L-Histidine 450 mg
**L-Isoleucine 850 mg
**L-Leucine 1,420 mg
**L-Lysine 1,080 mg
**L-Methionine 240 mg
**L-Phenylalanine 910 mg
L-Proline 880 mg
L-Serine 910 mg
**L-Threonine 650 mg
**L-Tryptophan*** 220 mg
L-Tyrosine 650 mg
**L-Valine 870 mg

Hi HoneyVibe/images/graemlins/wave.gif

Within the first few days was when I noticed all this itching on my scalp. No matter what I do to try and relieve the itch, it is very prevalent. Though I'm not complaining, I will tell any first time user- look out, because you are going to have to deal with itchiness or however you want to term it, more often than not, so just brace yourself as your hair begins to grow!

Ok I am super excited!
I just placed my order for the Biotin only....I woudl liek to try b-5 but because I am growing my perm out...my hair is thickening up by itself and I do not want it to be so thick it looks like a cap!
I am excited becuase I am currently taking the Vitamin's Shoppe 5mg Biotin. I will keep you ladies updated on my success. I am also gonna try a hennelucent along with this!

elliot said:
Okay,

I have been taking Biotin for 10 days now and have not experienced the "Bristling, Itching, Follicular Action." Rather, for the last couple of days, I have been waking up with terrible headaches. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyway, I will "keep hope alive" and in the meantime I am going to check my bottle and make sure it really reads BIOTIN and not PLACEBO.

In the event that I EVER get the "Bristling, Itching, Follicular Action" I will let you all know. (BTW- I love this thread!) /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on girl! *slaps you* Snap out of it! I KNOW you're going to get some action girl...it's coming. I have some action, but being the PJ that I am, I don't know if it's from the biotin or the castor oil. One of these is giving me some accctttiionnn!! Come on Elliot's scalp! Lights, CAMERRAAAA, aaaaaction! /images/graemlins/orders.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif That work?

Back