PP Biotin Bristling, Itching, Follicular Action?

I can't say if PP has a good multi. I'm sure they have multis but which one is a good questions.

Check out their website: puritan.com

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
ny2atl said:
KISZ4TI... I haven't experienced any itching or "bristling" but I am experiencing GROWTH!!! I'll forego the itching!
grin.gif
Keep the growth comin' !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put, note taken.

Hello Everyone!

I started the biotin on March 26th and it has been over a month now. I am not exactly sure but I think I got a substantial amount of new growth. I was playing in my hair one day (as usual) and I felt these deliciously soft curves and waves near my scalp.My hair is natural, so I never ever notice my new growth. I did this time! I think I got almost an inch, but I am not sure. I do know that I am definitely going to continue with the biotin and my other vitamins. Right now I am taking:
One-a-day multivitamin
GNC Ultranourishair
Vitamin C (so I don't get a cold)
4mg of Puritan Pride Biotin (The Ultranourishair has 1200mcg of biotin so I didn't want to overdo it.)

I will let you know the results next time I straighten, which won't be too soon becuase I went to the salon to get a press and trim a month ago and she really fried my hair. So I told myself "No more heat! EVER!!". Of course I don't mean ever but I need to let myself know that I am serious.
whip.gif

Re: PP Biotin Bristling, Itching, Follicular Actio

I was going to wait another month before posting any apparent progress, but I noticed the same thing Kathryn did. I didn't have any scalp itching from the PP biotin. I started the biotin/B complex/aminos on March 31st, and I did a touch up the week before that. I notice now that I have maybe 3/4 inches of new growth. Usually, I can hold out till 7 weeks for a touch up. I'll try to hold out that same length of time again, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to. Is it because of my vitamin mix? I'm not ready to say yes just yet, and I'm gonna wait another month to see if I notice the same rate of growth. But I will say that this amount of new growth 5 weeks after my last relaxer is very unusual for me, especially after switching to lye relaxers.

Re: Vitamin Info

Amythyst,
I just read the thread re: PP Biotin and got really excited. You are reportedly the expert so I have some questions. I plan to order the PP Biotin tomorrow. I currently take 1000 mg of GNC's MSM. I also take one Shen Min tablet a day even though the dosage is three a day (cheap I guess!). I also take a cod liver oil tablet and a multivitatim a day. I am interested in taking flax seed oil and silica. Can you recommend a brand and dosage for me? There's 50 mg of silica and 2000 mcg of Biotin in the Shen Min (assuming one takes three pills a day, which I am not). Thanks a bunch....Im new to the board and Im looking forward to healthy hair....

My vitamin list is 800 mg of Biotin, of which I take 3x daily and I just started taking 500mg of MSM (I take this 3x daily as well). Do I need to take 1000mg of MSM to really notice a difference in length and more Biotin to really notice a difference or is this okay?

But I will say that this amount of new growth 5 weeks after my last relaxer is very unusual for me

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
Ok, I thought it was just me. I've never gotten noticable newgrowth so early after a touch-up.

I am going on week six of my texturizer and I already have 3/4 inch of newgrowth, when I usually get one whole inch by the time I get my touchup, which is 12 weeks.

Crysdon said:
But I will say that this amount of new growth 5 weeks after my last relaxer is very unusual for me

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
Ok, I thought it was just me. I've never gotten noticable newgrowth so early after a touch-up.

I am going on week six of my texturizer and I already have 3/4 inch of newgrowth, when I usually get one whole inch by the time I get my touchup, which is 12 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crysdon,

That is so good.
smile.gif
I'm glad to hear that PP Biotin is working for you too. I also have more new growth than I normally would have had for a 3 week old touchup.

Hi All,

I went to PP to order their new 5mg biotin but it is not included in the "Buy 2 and Get 3 Free" sale, so I bought the Cardiovascular Research MegaBiotin 7500 mcg instead.

Is anyone familiar with the Cardiovascular Research MegaBiotin 7500 mcg? If so, please give me your opinions and reviews.

Thank you.
smile.gif

The 1000mcg PP biotin is included in the buy 2 get 3 free sale. just take five of those a day...if thats not too annoying for you...i ordered mine on Sunday and im waiting with bated breath....

FYI-
The $5 off coupon code for this month is 921701. Biotin has done nothing for me in the past but $13 for 5 bottles and all these wonderful testimonies, it's worth taking a chance. Happy Growing!

[ QUOTE ]
For those of you who are experiencing this, how long did you use the Puritan Pride Biotin before this happened?

Also, what is the difference in your rate of growth that you can attribute to adding the biotin?

I started experiencing itching on day 11, yesterday. I take 5000 mcg.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Curlycrly
wave.gif

I'm "tingling" right now actually
smile.gif
It began on day 7 (I'm on day 15 now, I believe
confused.gif
). But anyway, I've recvd much growth. I got all kindza' waves flowing from my scalp. Girlfriend is exxxCITED!!!
grin.gif
I haven't measured it &amp; I won't until my next touch up... hopefully I can hold out til Sept 1, when my summer challenge is over....(we'll see
wink.gif
)

Oh, and another thingy....It took so long for my PP Biotin to arrive, &amp; I got too anxious so I went out &amp; bought some Country Life Biotin. I take 5mg daily...ok, i've skipped 2 or 3 days
frown.gif
, but I'm still seeing great results
smile.gif

God Bless,
Peachtree

Too bad my 1st public post has to be a complaint...

I'm going through trials and tribulation. The MSM gave me a rash on the forehead, and the d-biotin makes my scalp crawl. I take the 3 tablets listed below 2X daily (with breakfast and dinner), but I didn't expect all this! I'll drink more water such that the toxins that the MSM is trying to flush out don't erupt through my pores. If I don't "get it back to good", I won't re-order all this.
My mom just takes Brewer's yeast as a supplement and wears her hair up a lot. It's 4a/b and down her back.

megonw,

WELCOME!!! Don't feel bad that you posted a critique. There are lots of ladies on the board that aren't able to take certain supplements or use certain products. Consider your post to be a possible help to someone who may experience similar types of symptoms.

Candycane

Hi Megonw
weird.gif
, welcome to the board. I know the itching can really get bothersome, but it's worth it. I have been taking 5mg of biotin for about 2.5 months now. My head started itching after about 12 days, and then the itching slightly calmed down. I just recently increase my dosage, and the itching is back in full swing!!!!
shocked.gif
I can bear it because I like the results...
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
is taking 5 of those pp pills equivalent to 5 mg of biotin or 10?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on the strength of the pill.
1000 mcg = 1 mg

[ QUOTE ]
How soon did you all start seeing results with pp brand? also
About how long does it take for the pp to come in?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really haven't noticed any significant results with these or any of the other vitamins. Once I take everything that I have, I won't be ordering more. I think it took 4 days for my order to come.

soslychic,

Biotin is water soluable. That means that your body will get rid of what it doesn't need daily through sweat and/or urine. Our bodies don't store biotin. That's when it would become toxic. Don't worry. No, I take that back, it's always good to be cautious.
smile.gif

Im bumping this thread to hear updates on growth with the Biotin. Ive been taking this for about a week and a half now and I havent noticed any significant itching or growth. So what's the verdict, ladies???
look.gif

Lunalight are you taking this all at once or in a split routine? Some ppl find that they may obtain better results for example if they take 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, and one in the evening
smile.gif
My hair is growing like a weed thanks to this supplement
smile.gif

hth

Thanks for the reply, Sea Mist. I take all five pills (5000mgs) in the am. I tend to forget to take pills in the middle of the day. I will try to split up the dosage....Its only been two weeks but I am anxious to see LONG HAIR !!!!

Does anyone have a link for Freedman's biotin?

[ QUOTE ]
Lunalight are you taking this all at once or in a split routine? Some ppl find that they may obtain better results for example if they take 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, and one in the evening
smile.gif
My hair is growing like a weed thanks to this supplement
smile.gif

hth

[/ QUOTE ]

how long have u being taking it and how much growth have u noticed?

i swear you ppl are horrible. your gonna make a pj out of me with all this talk bout vitamins and follicular action! arrrg i'm trying to delevop a budget ya'll !! my momma isn't gonna buy me this!!
wallbash.gif
cry3.gif
i'm gonna need a summer job messin' with this site! ** secretly planing to buy them in may/june**

[ QUOTE ]
how long have u being taking it and how much growth have u noticed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Elitechic I've been taking biotin for awhile now. I have purchased the Freeda and PPBiotinn. What I do now because I have gotten great results, is reduce my intake from 5mg, to 3500mcg(3.5mg). I take one Freeda(2.5mg) and one PPB(1mg). I find this works exceptionally well. Some ppl have complained that they were receiving adverse heart palpitations taking the 5mg. They said their hearts were racing no matter how they took the 5mg of PPB. So now that I've tried this method of mixing the two brands, I find that it gives a great growth rate as well
smile.gif
As a matter of fact,I would recommend this lower dosage to anyone to begin with. Start at a lower dosage such as 3500mcg(3.5mg) or 3600mcg(3.6mg), and then work your way up.

SVT here is the Freeda Biotin Link http://www.freedavitamins.com

BTW, I make sure to take a b-complex vitamin with the biotin. This way all the b's work synergestically together. I rinse every other day also. So bet. my vitamin routine and rinsing often I achieve anywhere from 1-1.5inches per month.

Back