PP Biotin Bristling, Itching, Follicular Action?

Re: PP Biotin Bristling, Itching, Follicular Actio

SVT you're welcome
smile.gif

Re: PP Biotin Bristling, Itching, Follicular Actio

Lunalight, a week and a half is probably not enough time to notice a difference in the hair. I think the PP Biotin is very good and noticed a great deal of new growth, but for me it took at least 4 weeks before I saw any of this. I know everyone's hair grows at a different rate, and maybe yours grows super-fast. But you should definitely give it more time before you decide whether or not it works for you.
smile.gif

Re:

Hi,

I've been taking PP biotin for about more than 2 weeks now and I havn't yet to experience any itchies....hmmm
confused.gif
....I don't know if this is a bad thing or not....but I just hope that my hair would grow faster regardless of the itchies or not....I've read on some other long hair board like the longhairlovers.com that for most people, they had to take biotin for at least 3 monthes or so for them to start see if it's working or not. So I find it kinda interesting that some of you have result so quickly.
ooo.gif

Re:

Karen,

My growth rate has accelerated since I started PP Biotin, Country Life Maxi-Hair and nightly massages with various essential oils and carrier oils. Unfortunately, I can not attribute the growth to any one thing in particular.

Do not be discouraged, I did not get the itchies like many others reported. There were a few others who did not have the itchies, but I can not remember who they were right now.

HTH
Elliot

Re:

Elliot

Yay, it's great that it help boost your growth
smile.gif
, if I were to choose between itchies or no itchies both with growth, I would definitely choose to have growth with no itchies, lol
grin.gif
, I don't wanna be scratching my head all the times then people would I have lice or something and it would be too annoying
laugh.gif
. I've only been taking it for a little more than 2 weeks, so it's too soon to tell, but I do really have hope that it can boost my growth, well I know I'm going to take it for at least 3-4 monthes anyways cause that's how much biotin I have. I remember that during the first two monthes of this year, I was taking some other biotin and when I measured my hair it was about 2 inches or more, so that means that my hair grew about an inch a month, but my hair for the past couple of month have only been growing 1/2 inch per month so I would be sooo happy if I get a inch a month this time
smile.gif
. I don't know if I should contribute those good growth to that 2 monthes to biotin, it could have been a good growth cycle but I still wanna take biotin again, the reason why I stop taking biotin early this year was because I got severe acne from taking it and I was not willing to give up my skin for it, but now I have been using alpha hydrox cream with 10% glycolic acid every single day, I havn't had any pimples at all even though I'm taking biotin now, sometimes I get pimple beyond my hairline cause I can't put the cream there, but at least no one can see it.

To Faster hair growth for all of us!
grin.gif

Karen

Re:

Ok, an update....I just upped my biotin intake back up to 5 mgs. I am noticing increased growth and my head is itching like
nuts.gif

Very pleased with the growth I'm experiencing!
smile.gif

Side note: I also started back w/the amino acids too!

Re:

My nails have grown so much do to the PP Biotin, but all the itchies have stopped completely. I have been taking PP Biotin for two months, and I feel like they have stopped working. It is either that or Im immuned to the itching.

Anyhow, SEAMIST, which brand gives you better results?

Re:

I found out about Biotin from another board and I bought some that same day. My hair is growing but I can not tell how much the biotin is working. Should my scalp be itching as well? It has not been. So should I take more? I currently take 2000mcg a day.

Here I Am!

Hey ladies! I'm a newbie to this board and this post has made me a bonafide Product Junkie!!!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif

I've read EVERY damn post from page 1 to page 38
blush.gif
grin.gif
. After some 2 hours my hand was itching to buy some Biotin from Puritan Pride...Never mind the $6.99 90 bottle/500 mcg I bought from GNC yesterday!
laugh.gif
...I'm so addicted! Lol

Right now I get about 1/2 inch per month. I used to take GNC Ultra Nourishair & Ultra Mega Multi and was def gettin' around 3/4 inch per month!! I stopped takin' them because :1) I ran out of the Nourishair (I live in Canada and my Aunt brought em from the States) and 2) the constipation was DanGeRouS!!
shocked.gif
I def intend to start drinking TONS and TONS of H20.

So I ordered the 1000mcg Biotion, the B-50 Complex and the 500mcg MSM!!

You guys I REALLY hope this works!! I'm not asking for much...justt 3/4 to 1 inch per month..
grin.gif
but more importantly STRONG HEALTHY NATURAL HAIR!!!

Wheeew!....

I have a question for you all. Is anybody getting any nose itch from the biotin in vitol great,walmart brand,and or Puritans Pride.? Help, my nose is itching like crazy.
cry3.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Azul yes this is the same Freeda Biotin The link to Willner chemists is Willner and they are located @ 100 Park Avenue, NewYork, NY.

[/ QUOTE ]
They also have a store at 253 Bway, if you're in the downtown area....

smile.gif

I was wondering why my scalp was itching like crazy.
nuts.gif
I think thats why I didnt buy some more vits and stuff after I ran out of my 30 day supply...lol. I thought I was allergic to something, because no matter how much I washed it, it ITCHED. Well I bought a different brand last week and started taking them again (somehow thinking a different brand would make a difference...silly me) Anyway I was without for 3 weeks (itchies did subside) so we will see!

<font color="blue">Omg y'all...my Biotin, B-complex and MSM are heeere!! I am sooooooo excited. It oonly took 5 business days for it to get here. I'm actually a lil disappointed because I forgot to order an Amino-Complex
frown.gif
but..oh well! I hope this works...and if it doesn't at least I'll have healthy, strong hair (all factors which contribute to retention of length riight?)
smile.gif
</font>

Exactly how much is too much? I noticed some ladies are taking as much as 10mg of Biotin. I believe that's equivilant to 10,000 mcgs. Does that seem a bit excessive? Yesterday I purchased Good and Naturals brand of Biotin. Each pill is 1000 mcgs. I'm slightly confused as to how much to take. I also purchased GNC MSM. Each pill is 1000mgs (Seems like a lot) Any suggestions?

In my opinion, I think that 5mg or 5000 mcgs are enough. In other words, 5 of those 1000mcgs pills (referring to Biotin). You have to realize that this is a water soluble vitamin. Whatever your body doesn't use will be excreted, so I think too much overdosing of this particular vitamin wouldn't be a good thing monetary wise. The sulfer amount is OK. I actually take 1000mgs twice a day. The key is to start low. People have complained of getting headaches and breakouts. This is a supplement that tends to rid the body of toxins. So it might manifest itself by breakouts etc. I say try taking 1 pill a day for a few weeks and gauge how you're feelin' before deciding to increase the dosage!
smile.gif

I am breaking out!
mad.gif

If there is anyone else experiencing this please let me know how long it lasted. I'm taking a few a day (1 mg) for a couple of weeks now and just decided to quit them until summer is over. Oh, and I got no tingles either.

I started taking it about 2 weeks ago. I know it's the biotin because nothing in my diet or vitamin regimen has changed. I also take Kal Silica Plus, Now Vit-Min 100 and B-6. When I used to take biotin I only took one a day, which may be why I didn't break out before.

I JUST WANT TO LET YALL KNOW THAT I ORDERED MY BIOTIN FROM PP AND IT SHOULD BE HERE TODAY. I'LL GET BACK WITH RESULTS.

I am just wanting to say I am so glad that this post is here because I was wondering if it was just me or what. Thanks alot you guys are awesome and such a great help. Thank you all for all of your help. With the help of biotin my hair is growing like wild fire!!!! God Bless you all this site is such a God send. Before find you all my hair was simply aweful. Now it is 100% better and I owe it all to you guys.
kisses.gif

www.picturetrail.com/princess_j

dance7.gif

I'm excited that you are just thrilled with your results from the biotin Princess J
trampoline.gif
These are some very knowledgeable ladies on this forum and I don't know what I would have done without them myself. Keep us posted on the biotin. PPB and Freeda biotin are truly God-sends
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Guess what the PP Biotin is on sale!!! Buy 1 get 2 free!! $6.95 for 3 bottles 1000 mcg/100 Tablets!!!

I'm yo pusha! &lt;img src="/images/graemlins/sekret.gif" alt="" /&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ok,

Would someone please, break down the formula for me? I was trying to read through the thread, but got overwhelmed.

Biotin, which brand, what dosage and what does it do?

I (slowly) cut off about 20 inches of hair, due to someone over relaxing it. Had a Halle Berry do in Jan and it's finally just about one length (nape of neck). So, I figure now's a good time to adopt some good habits :-)

Hey ladies

Im new to this board. Ive been reading this thread and you have given me some good advice about what supplements to take for hair growth. Im going to order my PP Biotin this week! YAY!!!!

But just to let you ladies know that Puritans Pride now has the Biotin in 5mg (5000mcg) capsules. PP must have honored your request for this strength of the vitamin!!

Back