Post Your Current Hair Worries...

MizaniMami

Hey Ladies,

Post your current hair worries/woes. Doesn't have to be anything big, just what are you concerned with at THIS present time in your journey. It could be something like: I can't find a pretty phony pony or my MTG isn't working.

Mines:
I am starting to get bored with my pony already lol

I flat ironed a peice of my hair and didn't nearly see as much as progess as I thought that I had.

I am worry about which conditioner to mix with my relaxer.​

I worry about....
1. How to keep my hair from breaking off, when trying to do protective styles, bunning, bantu knots, and get my new growth to lay flat, straight and shiny, like I have seen in so many pics:) of ppl wearing thier protective styles.
2. How not to use combs and things, on my, "at the neck":eek:, lenghth hair, and look semi-normal. bantu's give me a 1970's jherri curl look.

I tell you, trying to go for that length, at my stage is a challenge:perplexed, argh.

*My hair is currently a lil passed my shoulders and I already stop using heat as of Jan. 21, 06 (the day my flat irom broke:( ). But I would LOVE to figure out a way to stop combing my hair so often. I do it at least twice a day. How do you no combers do it?

I think I wanna start CO washing but I don't know if I can cuz then I wouldn't know how to style my hair:ohwell:

ReeRoberts said:
I worry about....
1. How to keep my hair from breaking off, when trying to do protective styles, bunning, bantu knots, and get my new growth to lay flat, straight and shiny, like I have seen in so many pics:) of ppl wearing thier protective styles.
2. How not to use combs and things, on my, "at the neck":eek:, lenghth hair, and look semi-normal. bantu's give me a 1970's jherri curl look.

I tell you, trying to go for that length, at my stage is a challenge:perplexed, argh.

Girl we have the same worries:lol:

i worry about split ends and dryness.
i worry about taking msm and biotin. i want to give them a try, but i'm scared they are going to cause me to break out.
i worry that i'm going to give in to a trim. although i promised myself not to get one until the end of the year.

Lasting 10 more months in my transition. I had it flat ironed for my trip to Jamaica (I kept it from reverting YEAH).

Finding natural products for my hair that being unemployed I can afford.

Growing out my layers so I can keep my hair out of my face

Finding affordable accessories such as headbands and clips.

I worry that I will spend my whole paycheck on haircare! :lachen: :eek:

I worry that the top of my hair won't ever grow out like the back

I worry that my stylist will convince me to trim when I get my touchup :ohwell:

I am worried that

1. my relaxer on monday won't take

2. i wont relax my hair right

3. my hair will continue to break even after all the knowledge I've gained from LHCF.

4. my hair wont grow

5. my hairline won't fill in

6. I am going to go broke from all the haircare products I buy

I worry
(1) that my hair is too fragile to grow to the length I want
(2) that the biosilk silk therapy that makes my hair so easy to style is drying it out over time
(3) that I haven't found a truly good moisturizing conditioner or hairdress yet

ravenmerlita said:
I worry
(1) that my hair is too fragile to grow to the length I want
(3) that I haven't found a truly good moisturizing conditioner or hairdress yet

Same here.

I'm worried that my genetics will not allow me to go tot he length I want.
I'm afraid that a texturizer is the only way for me to have volume without breaking out my hair with heat.
I'm worried I wont be able to use a flat iron (I bougth a chi turbo) properly.

I worry about . . .

1) styling my short hair without heat
2) looking unattractive at night to my S/O with all these protective satin scarves and rollers
3) setbacks never enabling me to reach my goals
4) people finding out about my hair obsession :lol:

Shine-On said:
I worry about . . .

1) styling my short hair without heat
2) looking unattractive at night to my S/O with all these protective satin scarves and rollers
3) setbacks never enabling me to reach my goals
4) people finding out about my hair obsession :lol:

the bold part is my feelings exactly!!! i HATE not being able to tie my hair up when my s/o is over.. sometimes I just want to ask him to leave :lachen: .. am i becoming OBSESSED?

I worry about...

1. How long I should keep this sew-in weave in.

2. Will I have progress or setbacks after I take it out?

3. Finding a stylist who will not put too much heat in my hair.

4. Getting rid of my PJism so I can have a few produts that work for my hair.

:confused: :cool: :perplexed :ohwell:

I just started MN last night to replace my MTG for the summer (less mess). I also just got a touch up after a four month stretch and my stylist stated that my hair was thicker and very healthy. I hope the MN gives good results as well and I hope that I can keep my hair healthy. I would love to be mid-back by the end of this year.

:ohwell: I worry about ...
spending all my money on more hair care products
my hair breaking after all this hard work of protective styling and no heat
my hair won't grow to the length i want it to

worries:

1 - is my hair breaking off now that i'm at my 12 week point or am i just seeing the hair that i would have lost normally??

2 - that my no heat sacrifices are for naught....

3 - that it'll take FOREVER to get to a lengthy ponytail (it feels like i'm getting more thickness than length)....

I worry that:
  • I won't find anybody to braid my hair exactly the way I want. I have yet another consultation with yet another braider this weekend.
  • My 3rd texturizer will come out a completely different texture from my last 2 and I'll be stuck w/ APL hair in 3 different textures.
  • People will think my 6 months of new growth means I'm going natural. I despise people thinking I'm letting militants manipulate me into changing my hair.

I'm worried that

- the relaxer won't take the way I want it too after my 20 weeks stretch (currently at week 15)

- I won't see the length I expect after my relaxer

- I won't be able to do another 20 week stretch after this one

- I won't be able to stay heat free like I planned to do for the rest of the year

- I may have setbacks that keep from reaching my goal in a timely manner

my biggest worry
I will attempt my first self relax next month and I will fail:confused:

I am worried that:

-All my hair will break off;
-My hair will not continue to grow;
-I will not reach my length goals;
-I will never find a protective style that I like wearing longer than 3 days.

Worries:

-That my hair will be long but thin on my next touchup (postpartum shedding)
-That Aphogee Treatment is doing more harm to my hair than good
-That I would get tempted to cut my hair again and fail my challenges
-That I will fail my thicker hair challenge.

wadadligyal said:
I'm worried that

- the relaxer won't take the way I want it too after my 20 weeks stretch (currently at week 15)

- I won't see the length I expect after my relaxer

- I won't be able to do another 20 week stretch after this one

- I won't be able to stay heat free like I planned to do for the rest of the year

- I may have setbacks that keep from reaching my goal in a timely manner

my biggest worry
I will attempt my first self relax next month and I will fail:confused:

Girl my worse fear (the bolded came true) came true after I relaxed the last time. I tried to texlax but it didn't relax AT ALL in some parts!! Girl all I can say is make sure you get that smoothing together. Especially with all that strong healthy newgrowth that you have been giving that extra love to lol!:lol:

I worry that :

1) My hair will never gain its former thickness.
2) My hairline will never fill back incompletely.
3) That it will take forever to get to waist length.

That I will never fill in that gap in the center of my hair, see:
2006_0219HairHair0014-vi.jpg

:cry2:

Bublnbrnsuga said:
That I will never fill in that gap in the center of my hair, see:
2006_0219HairHair0014-vi.jpg

:cry2:

Do you blowdry? I had that same gap from blowdrying. I looked at it while wet and it looks like it is gone, well not gone but going away! What do you think has caused yours? It doesn't take away from your hair btw, it is very nice!

I worry that:

I will never find a moisturizer that works well on my hair.

My hair will never stop breaking.

I'll trim it into a short bob

I'll have an adverse reactions to these supplements I keep adding.

I am begining to have a serious problem because I find myself at the BSS every other day.

That I'll give up after all this effort spent ( I have already relapsed a few times into bad habits and paid for it dearly).

I was worried about my last relaxer not taking but that has already come true.

MizaniMami said:
Do you blowdry? I had that same gap from blowdrying. I looked at it while wet and it looks like it is gone, well not gone but going away! What do you think has caused yours? It doesn't take away from your hair btw, it is very nice!

No, it's not from blow drying- I think it's just hereditary. It's like my hair won't catch up in the center. It has always been shorter in that area. Oh well, might as well accept it!

I THINK MY HAIR STOPPED GROWING...:eek: I WANT TO :cry:

It seems to have completely stopped growing about a week and a half ago. Usually I have about .5 inches of ng a week and lately its still in the same spot and i have no new growth since January 7th. I dont know what happened???

Back