Please share your weave checking stories here

I was at my nephew's b-day party a few months ago. We were all in the living room, and it was packed. I was sitting on the couch, and someone walked past the back of the couch and rubbed my scalp. I turned around to see who it was, but nobody was looking at me.:lol:

This isn't really a weave check story, but it was funny. I got a massage last year. I had a male massuese. At one point, he asked me if I wanted my scalp massaged, and I said yes. He acted all surprised and said, "With oil?" I said yes, and he said "okay", kinda like, 'if you say so'. So I asked him what was wrong, and he just kinda chuckled and said, "I always ask because most, um, well, some women don't want the scalp massage."

It wasn't until later that it hit me that these women must have had tracks and didn't want them messed up. Poor brother had probably been traumatized by one of us!:lol:

lauren450 said:
I was at my nephew's b-day party a few months ago. We were all in the living room, and it was packed. I was sitting on the couch, and someone walked past the back of the couch and rubbed my scalp. I turned around to see who it was, but nobody was looking at me.:lol:

This isn't really a weave check story, but it was funny. I got a massage last year. I had a male massuese. At one point, he asked me if I wanted my scalp massaged, and I said yes. He acted all surprised and said, "With oil?" I said yes, and he said "okay", kinda like, 'if you say so'. So I asked him what was wrong, and he just kinda chuckled and said, "I always ask because most, um, well, some women don't want the scalp massage."

It wasn't until later that it hit me that these women must have had tracks and didn't want them messed up. Poor brother had probably been traumatized by one of us!:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's funny. And then you know how oil would've slid those tracks right on out if they were glued in.:lol:

And Quetesh, I can't believe anybody would go so far as to set someone's hair on fire no matter how you don't like them. When i was younger, I was jealous of girls that I thought had things I didn't (such as a bigger butt, bigger breast, longer hair, some -not all -of the light-skinned girls acted stuck to me in my own pre-teen/teen experience) but I'd never set them or those things on fire. That's crazy. I'd have been in juvenile detention back then cause she'd have gotten hurt. What if you'd have died. She had some issues. I'll bet her boyfriend probably liked you a lot and wanted to talk to you, and she couldn't handle it the right way by just freeing him if he wanted to go elsewhere.

Shynessqueen, I liked your story. It sounds like a High School situation; but it's amazing how many grown women can still be so mean, hateful, jealous and petty. You handled it though.

And Dtachi, I can't believe you didn't realize. :lol:

I have asked someone if the hair was theirs before, but I don't ask that kind of ? often really not at all nowadays because I don't want to offend people. I definitely don't ask them if I can touch it if I don't know them. Now I've had friends with longer hair and I have run my fingers gently across the strands in admiration before, but that's acceptable for me to do. But Im close to them like that & We've known each other so long. So they don't get offended at that. But I do some examining though because sometimes you just can't tell (and I can't help it) but I at least try to be slick by sneaking looks and not keep staring or making it obvious that Im trying to see if it's weave or not.

Last edited:
I have a friend, Jonie, who has long hair. It's about midback & maybe longer. Plus, she's so pretty. Well sometimes she had bad hair days. To her she had bad hair days, her hair always looked perfectly beautiful and groomed to me except whenever she would finish taking a shower, and then she looked like the lion king. After showering, her head would be nothing but a big poof ball almost like what Ludacris had in that video. N-E-ways, on one of her so called bad hair days she wrapped her hair and put her hat on over it. Well her mother picked her up from our apartment to go grocery shopping. While there a lady asked Jonie and her mom if Jonie was bald-headed and if that’s why she was wearing the hat. That lady thought Jonie didn’t have any hair. Well Jonie’s mom got a little offended and told jonie to take off her hat but immediately yanked the hat off of Jonie’s head. Jonie’s hair fell past her face and all down her back and her mom proved to the lady that Jonie had a lot of hair and all of it was hers. Now, this isn’t my personal story because I’m not at this kind of point in my journey yet, but this is one of my favorite stories from Jonie’s hair experiences.

A guy friend of mine and his husband (yep you read that right) had a party at their house. It had been almost a year since he'd seen me and forever since he'd seen me with my hair down (I'll do a pony/bun or braids in a minute- anyhow...) he's going round the house taking pictures of folks in their dress/hats... as it was a garden party... and he says really loud... girl let me tell you, you are rocking that weave, it almosts looks natural. It got soo quiet... and I heard a little snickers from the other 'fellas'... I'm a this point turning red thinking... just take the picture already. *Picture one.. *snap*. He says something 'like do it big.. let me see your diva' *picture two *snap*,... then he asks me to take my hat off you know because my hair is soooo unbeweaveable (more snickers)... well my friend girl was there and she's says that's not a weave it's her hair. So I take my hat off...this fool (and I say that with love)... goes in to this :eek: face motion running arond the room screamin', finger snappin' about my weave and how it looked soo good that I fooled the my best friend... very animated like. It was hilarous... picture three *snap*. After the excitement died down.. I told him it wasnt a weave, it was my hair... so he walks over real calm like and starts stroking my hair and patting me hard on the head talking about how pretty it was *still feeling feeling for a track.* No track found. I say thank you.. and my friend and I bust up laughing and change the convo. Thought it was over, right- WRONG! While my back was turned, this fool went and got a small toothed comb and took it to my head. :eek: :mad:. I'm like what the h#ll are you doing... your combing out my curls. He busts out laughing talking bout he thought I had hair fusion.

Lotus said:
A guy friend of mine and his husband (yep you read that right) had a party at their house. It had been almost a year since he'd seen me and forever since he'd seen me with my hair down (I'll do a pony/bun or braids in a minute- anyhow...) he's going round the house taking pictures of folks in their dress/hats... as it was a garden party... and he says really loud... girl let me tell you, you are rocking that weave, it almosts looks natural. It got soo quiet... and I heard a little snickers from the other 'fellas'... I'm a this point turning red thinking... just take the picture already. *Picture one.. *snap*. He says something 'like do it big.. let me see your diva' *picture two *snap*,... then he asks me to take my hat off you know because my hair is soooo unbeweaveable (more snickers)... well my friend girl was there and she's says that's not a weave it's her hair. So I take my hat off...this fool (and I say that with love)... goes in to this :eek: face motion running arond the room screamin', finger snappin' about my weave and how it looked soo good that I fooled the my best friend... very animated like. It was hilarous... picture three *snap*. After the excitement died down.. I told him it wasnt a weave, it was my hair... so he walks over real calm like and starts stroking my hair and patting me hard on the head talking about how pretty it was *still feeling feeling for a track.* No track found. I say thank you.. and my friend and I bust up laughing and change the convo. Thought it was over, right- WRONG! While my back was turned, this fool went and got a small toothed comb and took it to my head. :eek: :mad:. I'm like what the h#ll are you doing... your combing out my curls. He busts out laughing talking bout he thought I had hair fusion.

damn! the nerve of some people! why did he have to prove to everyone that your hair was a weave even though it wasn't?

Back