Has anyone asked you as a natural, what's wrong with your hair

i get the curly perm/texturizer questions/accusations...

my friend hadn't seen me since my BC without a weave or a wig and we were talking about hair the other day, and she was saying her hair is natural, but then she was talking about relaxer touch ups, so she meant natural as in no weave . i told her i dont get relaxers & i dont straighten my hair i just WnG or braid it under a wig...she was like so its naturally straight? and im like umm no...its curly, i dont wear it straight...she was like "oh...why not?" i'm like i just prefer my natural texture...she was like "its a bush, right?"...i'm like nooo its curly but i can make it a fro if i pick or comb the curls out"...and she was like "oh...but if you dont have a perm it grows into a bush, thats what happened to my cousins hair, my mom was so mad when she did that because its a wild mess"...*long pause* "when u say curly,u mean its like puerto rican curly?"...i didnt feel like going in so i was just like you have to see it one day...

I haven't anyone say anything bad about my hair since my BC last month. I'm chubby and with curly hair a male co-worker called me a cute teddy bear -_-. The only thing I've had people asked was if I were using S-Curl activator to get my hair curly and I'm like nope, just water and ecostyler gel.

I get nothing but compliments from all kinds and races of folks. When I wear it big they LOVE IT!!! I get stopped on the street, elevator ...shoot at the VOTING BOOTH. They want to know how to get their hair like mine.

my friend hadn't seen me since my BC without a weave or a wig and we were talking about hair the other day, and she was saying her hair is natural, but then she was talking about relaxer touch ups, so she meant natural as in no weave . i told her i dont get relaxers & i dont straighten my hair i just WnG or braid it under a wig...she was like so its naturally straight? and im like umm no...its curly, i dont wear it straight...she was like "oh...why not?" i'm like i just prefer my natural texture...she was like "its a bush, right?"...i'm like nooo its curly but i can make it a fro if i pick or comb the curls out"...and she was like "oh...but if you dont have a perm it grows into a bush, thats what happened to my cousins hair, my mom was so mad when she did that because its a wild mess"...*long pause* "when u say curly,u mean its like puerto rican curly?"...i didnt feel like going in so i was just like you have to see it one day...

:pullhair::pullhair::pullhair: I'm so disturbed w/that comment.

Wow, Iri....wow. :nono:

Yesterday I went out with my friends to a a bar.
I was wearing my hair in a bun and we were sitting down waiting for food, and my friend "ND" goes...
ND: Melissa what's going on with your hair, like what do you do with it?
Me: *stares, squinting eyes slightly*
ND: like you use to wear your hair down and now it's not, it's like that
Me: Yeah I don't relax my hair anymore that's why it's like this. *stares some more expecting her to say something*
ND: *she stares back*
MM: (friend sitting next to her): *whispers something in to ND's ear*
ND: do you think that was rude?
Me: No not at all, stares some more.

I was just thinking to my self, why is it others can wash and comb there hair with out people taking a second look, but when it's me people are looking like i'm in between weaves or i'm waiting to do something.
Why can't my hair just be? :sad:

The other day my grandma and I was on the way to a funeral. I had a twist out side mohawk. Turned up at her house, walk in and she goes "Poor ting couldnt even comb her hair" tsk tsk *head shake* Thanks granny! I think she just couldnt understand all the stuff that was going on.

Every day, i get asked on at least 3 occasions what i do to get my hair "like that". My hair is 3c/4a with very defined curls. My reply is always "i wash, apply leave-in, shake it out and go". Ppl always assume that i REALLY mean i twist it or use a texturizer... "it can't really just be that curly naturally"... Sheesh

My sister asked why was my head so nappy. I said because it grows out of my head that way:look:.

I had an Asian guy and a white lady ask me how long did it take to get my hair "like that". They both :blush: when I told them that's how it grows out of my scalp.

Back