***Pictures of BUNS on 4A/B (Tightly Coiled/Kinky) Natural Hair****

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I would like to see pictures of ladies with natural 4a/b (tightly coiled kinky) hair in a bun done on wet hair (or dry non-heat-straightened hair). Please indicate your hair length as well (SL, APL, BSL, WL) and tell what products and techniques you use to put your hair in a bun.

Here's a pic of my wet not-so-neat bun after washing it when I had APL hair after washing it in the shower (my hair is now a little bit passed shoulder length after a recent cut):
dsc05849ky6.jpg
dsc05852oc3.jpg

Now I wanna see yours!!!

I don't know how to link Fotki pictures on here so I'll put the link.

I used Mwedzi's technique. The night before, I washed my hair braided and let it airdry. Then the next day i took them down, quick comb through. Used a stocking leg to tie my hair like a puff. Used bobby pins all the way around.

http://public.fotki.com/jonesrey/3-years-and-still-t/mwedzibun2.html

http://public.fotki.com/jonesrey/3-years-and-still-t/mwedzibun1.html

This next bun is a wash-n-go bun. I co-washed my hair with V05 with Vanilla Mint Tea ( I think). Combed through with my shower detangler while the water ran through my hair and tied it up.
If I tie it outside of the shower, it wouldn't be this small. I don't think it would be a bun, but more of a puff.
http://public.fotki.com/jonesrey/3-years-and-still-t/bunandtwistout2.html

Poohbear I LOVE your wet bun!!

Even though all of my hair in the front can't comfortably fit in my bun...I STILL try them (bobby pins are my "friend", which helps with the hairs that just won't reach)

I am 4a/4b....shoulder length hair.
I took some pics of a bun I did some time last week....just playing around really. I did it on 100% dry hair that I eventually dampened with a spray bottle! I braid my hair in BIG braids for bed. When I undo them...the hair is already stretched out and easy to manipulate. I lightly sprayed my hair with a mix of water/aloe/oil. As well...I used a SOCK bun to make it "uniform". I will have to add pics of a bun on JUST my hair at a later date!

I can't seem to get rid of the hump in the hair at the top of my head though. I'm still practicing on ways to make the hair lay down better. But here are pics of the back of my hair! (again...the front still needs a little work)!!!

P1040051.jpg

see the hump? :nono:

P1040054.jpg

P1040061.jpg

Nice pics ladies!

I'm not natural, but I'm nappy. I can't wait till I can make a bun like that :)

I would like to see pictures of ladies with natural 4a/b (tightly coiled kinky) hair in a bun done on wet hair (or dry non-heat-straightened hair). Please indicate your hair length as well (SL, APL, BSL, WL) and tell what products and techniques you use to put your hair in a bun.

Here's a pic of my wet not-so-neat bun after washing it when I had APL hair after washing it in the shower (my hair is now a little bit passed shoulder length after a recent cut):
dsc05849ky6.jpg
dsc05852oc3.jpg

Now I wanna see yours!!!
Oh I can't wait until the day I can do this girl...your picture is going in my inspiration file :yep: How long did it take you to get to this point in months??( I just posted about this )

Poohbear I LOVE your wet bun!!

Even though all of my hair in the front can't comfortably fit in my bun...I STILL try them (bobby pins are my "friend", which helps with the hairs that just won't reach)

I am 4a/4b....shoulder length hair.
I took some pics of a bun I did some time last week....just playing around really. I did it on 100% dry hair that I eventually dampened with a spray bottle! I braid my hair in BIG braids for bed. When I undo them...the hair is already stretched out and easy to manipulate. I lightly sprayed my hair with a mix of water/aloe/oil. As well...I used a SOCK bun to make it "uniform". I will have to add pics of a bun on JUST my hair at a later date!

I can't seem to get rid of the hump in the hair at the top of my head though. I'm still practicing on ways to make the hair lay down better. But here are pics of the back of my hair! (again...the front still needs a little work)!!!

P1040051.jpg

see the hump? :nono:

P1040054.jpg

P1040061.jpg

You going in my file too girl! Just beautiful! :grin:

Lilsparkle, thank you for sharing that thread with me!!!

Kookie and cmesweet, thank you for sharing your pictures!!!

Atlanta JJ, it took me 3 years to get my hair to that point. By the way... 3 years ago, I had less than 1/2 an inch of hair.

Last edited:
How do you ladies who bun regularly lay down your edges w/o them starting to thin out? I always notice that my edges seem thinner when I wear alot of buns because I brush and tie my hair down so it's not all fuzzy.

^^ Poohbear, i love your bun in both pics!!
What was your process and the products you used for either one?

This is the bun I did just an hour ago. I shampooed with Come Clean, conditioned with Avocado Condish, and detangled with my Goody's brush and Honey Conditioning Rinse, leaving the condish in. I applied some Seyani hair butter to my hair and pull it into a low ponytail, not pulling the hair all the way through on the third loop. My hair's about BSL.

DSCN0657.jpg

DSCN0647.jpg

DSCN0659.jpg

DSCN0660.jpg

my hair was already stretched out from my braids i had in for a month..i just combed it out and wah-la
2rxd3j5.jpg

dsc05849ky6.jpg
dsc05852oc3.jpg

Now I wanna see yours!!!

Did you put product on your hair or is your hair "nekked?" hahaMy hair is APL stretched 4A/B and I want to try a sleek wet bun like that...Did you use a paddle brush, wide tooth comb, Denman?!?!? Help a sista out:)

I love buns!! This is the only bun I wear right now. I'm severely style challenged. I use long aid to moisturize and ecostyler for hold and my hair is 4a:
168-vi.jpg

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• pulled back.jpg
    pulled back.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 608
  • longhaircareforum1.JPG
    longhaircareforum1.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 608
Back