***Pictures of BUNS on 4A/B (Tightly Coiled/Kinky) Natural Hair****

Picture602-vi.jpg

009-vi.jpg

100_2207-vi.jpg

Beautiful!! :lick:

Im so inspired by ladies with my hair type, this long term transitioning thing is sooo difficult...its like my relaxed ends are saying to me 'until you do right by me and cut me, every hairstyle you think about is going to fail' lol!! Buns and braided bantu knot outs are the only style that has looked ok on my transitioning hair everything else has proven to be a waste of time! Even when I did a twist out and rolled my ends I still looked tragic lol! I havent worn my hair out for more than 2 weeks consecutively since I started my journey; I have lived in weaves...Im challenging myself to keep it out at least 3 weeks this time so that I can learn to manage this extra thirsty hair!

picture.php

picture.php

This was Feb 2010...I did so much to my hair experimenting...Im pretty sure after I washed and conditioned I twisted it and decided to bun since it was terrible so I put Elasta QP mango butter, fruit of the earth gel, and water/glycerine to make it look decent! I haven't bunned since but I probably wouldn't do as much now since I know better! I would just apply my leave in (KCKT), seal with jojoba, and since I prefer to bun on next day hair I would braid over night to stretch and allow to dry. The next morning I would apply ecostyler or ORS loc and twist to my edges, tie down for at least 15 minutes and only freshen it with water/glycerine or hawaiian silky later in the week as needed!

Last edited:
Did you put product on your hair or is your hair "nekked?" hahaMy hair is APL stretched 4A/B and I want to try a sleek wet bun like that...Did you use a paddle brush, wide tooth comb, Denman?!?!? Help a sista out:)

In those particular pictures, my hair was actually naked of products. But now whenever I do a wet bun, I use Aussie Moist Conditioner on soaking wet hair and brush it back with a hard boar bristle brush to smooth the edges and sides of my hair. Then tie with a satin scarf.

Here's the brush I use which I got from Sally's:
SBS-217507

Suscribing to this thread :grin: I'll post a pic of my bun once I get home. Lovely buns ladies and poohbear....:drool: I can't wait until I can make buns like yours with my natural hair! Just gorgeous!

Ok, here's my contribution

Attachments

• IMG_7468.jpg
    IMG_7468.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7429.jpg
    IMG_7429.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7470.jpg
    IMG_7470.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 29
Back