Pic Updates...One month later... :)

Adrienne,

Dude, you know what's so funny, is that I DO remember that and I still feel like that. But I think I'm learning day by day that it's just that - day to day - do you find that too? Somedays you're like - YES! I'M THE WOMAN! And some days I want to shave my head and say: SCREW IT! BALD AND FABULOUS! THAT'S ME!

Want to hear something else funny? The place where the girl picked my scabs is the SAME place that did my hair in the pics.... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/look.gif

Needless to say I will not let them NEAR me with relaxer cream, scissors, or even concentrated protein treatments...anything that has the potential to cause harm is out. But for washing, conditioning and rollersetting....theuy're still me girls....

another addition to the multitudes of questions you've been asked /images/graemlins/smile.gif...

Do you think the condit rinse they use is the Nacidit brand olive oil rinse with additional olive added??? I saw the big rinse container for $5.99 and i was going to add my own olive oil to it. then go to my school's rec center and then sit in the sauna (lol, my own steam treatment) and do whatever when i get home (roller set, twist out, etc)

I think i have a general idea of what my hair requires (that's why i haven't had any huge mishaps lately), so i'm being bold and trying new things. the method tehy use on you sounds pretty good, as plain ole olive oil is highly beneficial anyway.

Thanks

I don't think it's the NACIDIT - I think it might be LaFier...?

Not sure exactly but I'll know it if I see it. Your plan should work well with any Dominican Olive Oil Rinse though (they are so similar) if you add some Oilve Oil it should be quite similar. The only thing is they MAY add something else that I don't kow about - so I can't be absolutely sure you know? But your plans sound like they will prduce fine results. Perhaps you could use this order of operations as a sometimes substitute for your moistuirzing treatments and keep the rest of your regime in place.

I can personally vouch for the NACIDIT - so when I add more Olive Oil to my regime that will be what I use, as opposed to whatever they are using at Daisi's. The other option is chica, you could just to to Daisi's as you are in New York and get exactly what they give - no guess work. They are in Brooklyn. Their wash and sets (witht his treatment I described AND the steam) is 15 dollars on Mon-Wed and 18 n Thursdays and Fridays and 20 on the weekends.

If you ever want to meet up there let me know. I usually either go on MOndays or Sundays.

thanks tracy!
I was planning on increasing my weekly washes to 2x a week, and I wanted to alternate b/w the ORS and a moisturizing deep condit, hence the experimentation with the rinse/oil mix.
Their prices are very good, also i might give them a visit. If i ever get a chance to go out there i'll PM you, and maybe we'll see one another.
Thanks for sharing. I'll post my results witbh my homemade method sometime next week.
BTW i have had steam treatments before. I used to get soo many compliments on my wash n sets with this. I had a horrible experience at a salon and have been in remission since....

Wow, i know im late to this thread but Tracy your hair is beautiful. Im loving the color and the shine. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thx Tracy for the feedback on Feria you're right they do have some wonderful colors, but I'm not gonna chance it not even for highlights. I'll try the textures and tones! I love your hair, esp. that copper color!

And I don't care how much you protest you are "the HAIR COLOR GURU!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Tracy! /images/graemlins/king.gif

I am trying to choke down my envy of your gorgeous hair. Wow! Just when you think it can't get any better looking. It looks like Pantene Hair for real!!! Keep up the good work, Tracy. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Can't get enough of your hair. Keep up the good work. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Once again I just wanted to thank everyone who was so kind and supportive on this thread. I was so happy with my hair when I took that pic and I felt a little vain posting again so soon....but I also wanted many of you who have seen me through this journey to see that WE ARE MAKING SOME PROGRESS HERE!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You guys are really sweet and I appreciate all of the kind words and compliments. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Girl if your hair is bangin' then post those pictures chile!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LOL /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Hell I couldn't care less if you posted a pic everyday. It's got me motivated as well as a lot of other sisters here on the board.

You go girl
**does the snoopy dance**

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
LondonDiva said:
Girl if your hair is bangin' then post those pictures chile!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LOL /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Hell I couldn't care less if you posted a pic everyday. It's got me motivated as well as a lot of other sisters here on the board.

You go girl
**does the snoopy dance**

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Post away Tracy. I love to see pics!

Tracy ---

your hair is truly beautiful and healthy looking... I love the color.. I am through coloring mine ....

Have a happy and healthy hair growing journey!!!!

SherryLove

Back