Pic Updates...One month later... :)

gurrrrl u got u some nice hair there!! Whatever u're doin is workin wonders for u. hopefully after i cut my hair next week,my ends will be as healthy as yos are!!

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif
p.s.happy growin and at the rate u goin, b4 u kno it u'll have reached yo goal

Tracy your hair looks BEAUTIFUL!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif It is growing like a weed. Congrats girl! /images/graemlins/wink.gif Have you increased your biotin or added any new vitamins, what's your secret? /images/graemlins/look.gif

Tracy that color is stunning /images/graemlins/shocked.gifand your hair is absolutely marvelous /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif You have gained a significant amount of length as well. Keep up the good work Tracy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tracy, I agree with all the other posters: your hair is beautiful /images/graemlins/smile.gif and it looks thick! You inspired me to go back to using my cellophanes and pantothenic acid more regularly. You are also one of my hair heroes! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I loved the pics so much I had to reply again /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here is Tracy's regime for those were asking: Tracy's Routine

I only know because after seeing these new gorgeous pics of her hair, I HAD to go back and find it /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tracy, I had a question for you about the B-5. This is really encouraging to me because I am taking it for my face and hair. Did you also have a complaint about fine hair? I know I do and so you are even MORE inspiration because your ends are looking TERRIFIC!!!! So nice and thick and healthy!!

See this inspires me to keep going and to BE CONSISTANT because it pays off!! I'm proud of you girl!! Like someone else said, you are another hair idol of mine /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

As far as new products are concerned the main "new" thing I use is my Lanza Shampoo. But that stuff is pretty much a staple for me now. Both the Protein Plus and the Deep Cleansing.

Nothing else major though...it's more just time than anything else. I've been trying for many many months to retain some length...I'm just finally checking up with you girls!

Adrienne,

Coming from you that means an extra special lot (I sound like Strawberry Shortcake :P)..because you are my hair hero/idol/god...:D

So thank you so much. I only hope to be like YOU one day. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Taking pictures once a month was an idea I got from you. I never told anyone on the board, but I was seriously considering cutting my hair OFF and these pictures changed my mind. I look at them and said "wait a minute here...not so fast there woman..." /images/graemlins/wink.gif So thank you for the veteran advice.

Another hair goddess of mine...I'll never have that thickness, but your admiration makes me do a happy dance - no doubt... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

An aside.....The rest of your compliments OF COURSE are humbly appreciated - so nobody feel like "no she didn't!" but you know how you look at people's hair and you're like "OMG OMG OMG I want HER hair!" - well Nay007 and Adrienne and BRH and a few others of you lovelies have that effect - so when I get compliments from you - it's like Gabrielle Union telling you she thinks you're pretty! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kisses and hugs girls /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Iris,

How's the Fantasia treating you these days....? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank you so much. My hair being like Babydoll hair is precisely what I always hated about it! But it's growing on me - thanks.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
An aside.....The rest of your compliments OF COURSE are humbly appreciated - so nobody feel like "no she didn't!" but you know how you look at people's hair and you're like "OMG OMG OMG I want HER hair!" - well Nay007 and Adrienne and BRH and a few others of you lovelies have that effect - so when I get compliments from you - it's like Gabrielle Union telling you she thinks you're pretty!

Kisses and hugs girls

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and understand 200 percent!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

To be honest Mirrormirror...

I don't know exactly what they use but I think it's a run of the mill Dominican Olive Oil Rinse (Instant Conditioner) type product. I am pretty sure they use that as the base and mix it with oils etc. to punch it up and make it a deep conditioner. I am also pretty sure that they also use that rinse mixed with water as their leave in conditioner. Whatever it is - and I think it's all the Olive Oil - my hair always comes out gorgeous when I go to this particular place.

I bring them my Lanza Shampoo. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

No secret babe...hard work and lots and lots of patience.

I have been trying to get my hair to bra strap length at least since 2000. I have had several set backs along the way - mostly trims turned into cuts against my will. All times my hair was cut to chin length. Every time I got just past shoulder length they'd cut it off. I stopped getting trims altogether for a while but didn't like the way my hair was looking. Eventually I decided to trim once every other relaxer and that's been working for me.

I am also really really anal about my trims. I make the girl show me what's she's cut each and every time she snips.....for the entire trimming session. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

The steaming is something I just kind of do because they offer that service at this particular salon. They put everyone under the streamer, not the dryer, to deep condition. Not sure why and I don't notice a HUGE difference between the steamer and the hooded dryer....unless that's why my hair comes out feeling and looking the way it does from there - but I doubt it. I still think it's the Olive Oil. That's the kind of conditioner I suspect they are using - it's a special formula she mixes up with a Dominican Olive Oil Rinse base. She won't confirm or deny ingredients.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif Thank LD....running to take my biotin too! Because I've been terrible about my vits! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Now I wonder if I would have gotten MORE growth in the past few months WITH the vitamins. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Tracy said:
I am also really really anal about my trims. I make the girl show me what's she's cut each and every time she snips.....for the entire trimming session. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

GOOD FOR YOU!! That's the way! Just keep monitoring them all the way...

She won't confirm or deny ingredients.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?? since YOU are the customer and its going on YOUR head?

Pmichael,

LOL! S'okay girilie! I have DEFINITELY done my share of hating (lovingly so - of course) on my hair growing sisters on this board.

So many beautiful heads of hair we have here...

Thank you though. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pandora,

There are many, many hairdressers that will not reveal what they use. It's their trade secret and they will not give that information. /images/graemlins/look.gif

/images/graemlins/wink.gif Amillion....Thank my love. I'm no hero....but you are sweet to say so. I am blushing! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

No guts needed cutie boo /images/graemlins/grin.gif - just a little caution, Shamboosies hair book and Private Messaging....be glad to guide you through....

And you're natural so you even have a little less to worry about!

I'm not concerned about it. It's her choice not to reveal it, and I believe that my recourse if I minded her silence would be to stop patronizing her business. I go to her because I like the results - whether she tells me what she uses or not. I am sure that none of the stuff is harmful as evidenced my the multitudes of long hairs (and the health of my hair) that have been patronizing her for YEARS. As such, I choose to stick with her for my rollersets and washes because I like the way my hair comes out when I go to her - and as long as that is the case I don't care much what she uses and that she won't tell her customers what's in it.

Tracy said:
Kia... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sandra's...138th and Broadway. Downtown side....

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me tell you something girlfriend, I live in the DC area but I would be willing to go to NY to get a cut just like yours..that's how much I LOVE your hair /images/graemlins/wink.gif When I get it cut they either put too many or too little layers,...yours is perfect /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Fair enough if its her own mix. for some reason i thought it was a product she was using on your hair.

Tracy, Beautiful hair by the wa. Strong thick hair and ends, that we're talking about here! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I've been away too long

Tracy your hair looks beautiful &amp; healthy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif The color fits you to a Teee!

Keep up the good work...

Sindeee

Back