Paging everyone who's doing the 365-day challenge.

Re: Paging everyone who\'s doing the 365-day challe

I'm starting off well.
smile.gif

I am definitely doing it this year. My goal is to have the front layers of my hair reach my chin and the back layers past my shoulders by the end of the year. Happy hair growing!

Re: Paging everyone who\'s doing the 365-day challenge.

Count me in. I just started Dec29, yesterday. I will keep my progress of my growth.

Count me in. My start date is going to be Jan1 -- easy for me to remember. I will wearing braids throughout most of the year.

I'm starting... Start date is Jan 1, 2004. I just cut all my hair shoulder length. Due to breakage in a section in the back of my head I had to chop off 4 inches. Very sad, but I'm looking to the future now!

Goal is bra strap so I need 6-7 inches of growth. I want more than 1/2" per month too! I'm still getting my regimine together but I will be taking my vitamins and protein shakes.

Well - My 2003 challenge is over and it's time to begin anew.. .
clap.gif
I love New Years!

I retained about 4-5 inches of new hair last year but mid year I decided to lose my mind and color my hiar roughly 4 or 5 times about 4 or 5 weeks in a row.
shocked.gif

So my hair needs a LOT of TLC this year. My regime will basically stay the same. This year it'll be more cutting back on the damaging things to regain some of the health of my hair.

I think when my hair reaches bs I'm going to trim about every 8 weeks to get rid of some of the angrier ends and then proceed from there.

I'm going to get more exercise and more water and eat better overall.

I have discovered definitively that the only supps that work really well for me are B5 and Biotin so I'm going to stick to those and try Surge (to increase my growth rate) when I get home.

I'll also be purchasing a steamer for at home deep conditioning treatments.

Overall I'm happy with my growth this year - but I'm recommiting to another challenge to improve my hair and keep growing.
smile.gif

I'm starting to consider getting a haircut because my hair is terribly uneven in the front, due to old layers.

Hey ladies,
well I've started taking viviscal again daily with my multi, and I'm alternating HF-37 with flax, fo-ti, and fish oils. I rebraided my hair and I think I got 3/4-1" already this past month. I'm pretty much sticking to my original regime otherwise.
I'll update soon.

I added fish oil too....
sekret.gif
grin.gif
Cod Liver Oil Capsules.

I also have been having wonderful success rehabilitating my nape and my edges (which were a littel tweakish) with the wonderful Sta Sof Fro (the Rub On) and a new find - Carol's Daughter HHB.

My products have been pretty static
shocked.gif
for the past few weeks and it's really paying off!

Lanza PP (though I ordered some Elucence Volumizing since I'll be running out of the old formula Lanza PP soon and I'm in the market for a new shampoo)
Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat
Salerm 21 Leave In
Dudley's PCA/Salerm Biokera Restructuring Treatment for Ends or Smooth and Shine Light Serum for moisture
Sta Sof FRO, CDHHB and Ampro Styling Gel for edges when I wear ponytails or deliberate buns....

Just wanted to update since the thread was accessible...

Lucia, I decided to give Viviscal another chance too. I believe my growth is increasing because of it. The first time I tried it, I tried so many new things I didn't know whether it was helping or not. I see it is. I have quite a bit of new growth (4 months and counting) and I look forward to seeing the length whenever I get around to getting a touchup.

Uh oh....
sekret.gif

Beating back the urge to buy Viviscal because I CAN'T afford it!
laugh.gif

Yeah I've been trying to wean myself off Viviscal so I started buying Delinea from GNC. That's getting kinda hard to find though so I may be back on Viviscal before too long. *sigh* Vitamin habits are so hard to break for me.

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Uh oh....
sekret.gif

Beating back the urge to buy Viviscal because I CAN'T afford it!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tracy, the main ingredient in Viviscal that is responsible for growth is the marine protein. You can take a marine protein supplement, which is just as effective and waaaay less expensive. I just recently started with the Elite marine Protein
smile.gif

well here's my update
Current ------------------> 6-6.5inches
Challenge goal --------> healthy even ends by summer
Main goal----------------> 6 more by december
Ultimate goal ----------> 12-15 inches

CURRENT PRODUCTS
s curl activator
profective breakfree
infusium 23 leave in
infusium shampoo
plastic cap
d & l cholesterol

METHODS TO TRY / PRODUCTS TO BUY
surge

-CURRENT VITS
1500mg msm
3mg biotin
1mg b complex
1000 epo

REGIME IN ORDER
high protein diet
crown and glory techinique
washing hair once a fortnight

I NEED TO STAY MOTIVATED TO
take vits more consistently
continue with protein foods and shake
exercise more
drink water more
massage scalp more often

hair condition at the moment
well its healthy and is same length-ish
hairline is improving and is filling in

To all the new ladies welcome.
Tracy, Glad to see you're still on the boat girl... It looks like really good products you're using.
Armyqt glad to see you here too, where do you get that elite marine protein, and what's the percentage of marine protein?
Nyambura, You can reach your hair goals, it does take some time though but don't give up. I was trying to save some $$ but I couldn't find Delinea at all, so I had to go back to the Viviscal besides it has more percentage of the marine protein and it comes staight to my doorstep I guess they gotta charge for service. Besides I also found out that it boosts my hair growth.

Ngaa, I'm liking you're regime, esp. how you've got the products down to a few that work for you.
Keep up the good work ladies. If you want to acces this thread anytime toggle/favorite it at the bottome, that's what I do so I don't have to search.

Boadicea recommended it last year. She used to use it, but I don't think she does anymore.

aqt...

Thanks for telling me chiquita!
kiss.gif

I'm going to see if I can get my hands on it.
smile.gif

Thanks Armyqt, it's about the same as Viviscal.

Hey ladies,
Just thought I'd post a small update.
I'm still braided right now I'm going on month 3 in April I'll take my hair down and "officially" measure. So far the viviscal has really helped my growth.
I'm still using the same products, I've cut down alot from before I'm down to only 1 shampoo 1 con Jason's Jojoba and 2 deep cond's cholesterol/Aphogee keratin.
New Products to try: Frizz eaze complete line steps 1-5 for curly styles and Clairol 5x renewal moisterizing.
stay tuned for new updates.
smile.gif

I am starting today with a fresh hair cut..
Oh So Simple:
Shampoo:
Nutrine Garlic, Dumb Blonde
Conditioner:
Hair Rebuilder, Dumb Blonde, GPB
Protein:
Aphoghee, or DRC28
Moisture:
Headress, Phyto 9, PCA Moisture Retainer, Jojoba Oil
Supplements:
B5-2,000 mgs
GNC Ultra Hair
Multi-Vit
Cod Liver Oil

Hey ladies,
I'm checking in but I must say I'm a little discouraged. I've made some progress since my last "official" measurement but I've taken a step back. I was just touching bottom of bra-strap, but now with the 1-1.5" cut I've gotten I'm back to just touching top of bra-strap. Maybe I should have gotten professional trimms in between braidings or not braided back to back. i won't be braiding my hair for 2 months though I'm just going to baby it. Any suggestions and encouragement really would be appreciated.
So my hair is really healthy, but my goals seem like they will take forever so I'm going to re-evaluate them. I'm trying to look on the bright side though.

Stay encouraged. I have been slightly down lately, but I think it is mostly not being patient. When I compare my hair pics April 03 to now, I have actually had significant growth. I think I might even be very near bs length (I'm just guessing based on stretched hair).

One thing I have decided to do is change my routine slightly. I rinsed or cw my hair every night now and just pulled it back into a simple (and loose) bun. My new attitude is to treat my hair like a garden (watering it and feeding it daily
smile.gif
).

Good Luck and HHG
smile.gif

Thanks, NGC I'm just going to keep on going with positive thoughts. hg back

My 365 challenge ended April 19, 2004. I am very pleased with the results in length, strength, and thickness. I'm not so pleased with the relaxer touchup results. I'm working with the, um, new (?) texture, though.

I'm sorry to read that you are feeling down about your 1" - 1.5" trim, Lucia. Look at it this way, the weather is warming up and your hair can grow faster during these months. You have gotten rid of "bad" hair and now you can grow, grow, grow with all-healthy, already-long hair. Easier said than done, I know.
rosebud.gif

Back