Overly Attentive Men

Maybe you should tell him the truth that you're not looking for a relationship right now. He seems to be trying to court you. If however it continues then yea something is wrong with him.

Maybe you should tell him the truth that you're not looking for a relationship right now. He seems to be trying to court you. If however it continues then yea something is wrong with him.
Whoa whoa whoa!

Just because you're not as into him as he is to you doesn't mean you can't have some mutually beneficial fun. Dates never hurt anybody! :lol:

Let's put things into perspective. You do not know this man, he does not know you. It is odd for someone you do not know to reach out to you daily and ask those sort of questions (at least from how you presented them). My close friends don't even ask those questions unless it is related to them in some sort of way, ie we are meeting up later on and they want to know my location.

No matter who attentive a man or anyone is you should have your eyes and ears open at all times. The laid back ones can be just as harmful as the overly attentive. Really what it comes down to is getting to genuinely know the person. Once you know the man you may be able to understand and appreciate his attention, even if its just from a a friendly position. What came to my mind from reading your post is that this man may have great intentions! In fact the men I meet that act in this manner are usually very relationship oriented and looking to make a woman happy for the rest of her life through marriage, which is great if the woman wants that. However, it seems like he may be acting way out of order. There is a time for everything and if he is that interested in you already and doesn't know you then he may begin to idolize/think about you in a way that isn't healthy or productive for the relationship or his spirit.

I say be wise and don't be afraid or feel bad for following your own pace!

Let's put things into perspective. You do not know this man, he does not know you. It is odd for someone you do not know to reach out to you daily and ask those sort of questions (at least from how you presented them). My close friends don't even ask those questions unless it is related to them in some sort of way, ie we are meeting up later on and they want to know my location.

No matter who attentive a man or anyone is you should have your eyes and ears open at all times. The laid back ones can be just as harmful as the overly attentive. Really what it comes down to is getting to genuinely know the person. Once you know the man you may be able to understand and appreciate his attention, even if its just from a a friendly position. What came to my mind from reading your post is that this man may have great intentions! In fact the men I meet that act in this manner are usually very relationship oriented and looking to make a woman happy for the rest of her life through marriage, which is great if the woman wants that. However, it seems like he may be acting way out of order. There is a time for everything and if he is that interested in you already and doesn't know you then he may begin to idolize/think about you in a way that isn't healthy or productive for the relationship or his spirit.

I say be wise and don't be afraid or feel bad for following your own pace!

ITA. If I just met someone and already they were texting me almost every day I would be a little put off too. Even if it was a guy that I got a great first impression from/was attractive I would find it a bit too forward, but that's just my opinion. Doesn't mean you "will never be satisfied" it's just personal preference. For some women it's a turn off for a guy to be super aggressive after only meeting once, especially if you aren't really even looking for a relationship. Not to say he is some creepy stalker, y'all just seem to have two different mindsets :yep:

I think your initial reaction was very guarded, very suspicious, and too hasty to judge. Chill out and don't text back if you want him to text less frequently.

I might be annoyed if someone is contacting me too much but I wouldn't jump to start looking for character flaws. That's a problem.

Maybe its pheromones. Were you wearing pheromones?

j/k...
LOL. Wish I had them to use when I wanted.

I actually went to the daytime festival by myself (I rarely do things like that and was told by a couple of friends that were going to pass through that it's common/okay for people to go alone.) The guy I'm talking about was there on his own as well.

I forced myself not to mean-mug because I was interested in meeting new people. More people than usual spoke to me in general that day. The vibe was very friendly.

Awww I don't think he was being overly attentive...I think sometimes we're so used to the inattentive/aloof men that anything outside of that may seem like too much and really it's what we deserve. It's like we're so used to being treated like peasants that when one comes by and treat us like a queen we shy away from it. Damn this thread just mad me sad (I'm hormonal today)

I don't think that is overly attentive.

I can imagine another woman saying if he wasn't, "I haven't heard from him all week and now he text me on a Friday asking my plans, where was he all week."

Level of attention is all subjective anyway, what I think is too much may not be enough for the next woman.

My husband was and maybe still is overly attentive to some standards. When I first met him I was not looking for a relationship and he was making moves on me pretty quickly. He called me every day and just asked how my day was, any plans etc…. initially I was feeling different about it because it was different than experiences I had with other men.

You never know he could have been in a relationship with someone who complained that he was not attentive enough and he is trying something new. If it is too much for you let him know that but don’t write him off as a stalker

You're just not feeling him. Believe me, if you were into him you wouldn't even realize how often he was reaching out to you because you'd be happy to hear from him and looking forward to the next time you talked.

Sometimes you just can't force it. I don't think it's him who needs to tell you his intentions, you probably should tell him yours. That way it's out there and you both can go from there.

Good luck on it either way!!

I have no new contributions, but I'm feeling so slow right now.....I thought the title said 'overly attractive men', and I was thinking.....wtf is this thread about? *cliiccckk*

:lol: :lol: :blush:

Back