Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega Tek Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one of those who has yet to get the sore feeling. I stopped getting the soulglo feeling as intensely too..

:lachen: I remember the Soulglo commercial. What's the Soulglo "feeling"?:look:

Warm, tingly, makes you wanna toss your hair, no matter how long it is. :lol: I think it's the feeling of more blood/better circulation to your scalp.

vivEz daNs lamouR - It's weird, the feeling comes and goes for me too. I notice it more when I skip a couple of days, and start using it again.

Bumping for suggestions

I don't relax, but I think that *thinks* (damn, I'm so bad with names) someone used their MT up to the day before relaxing.

I think that most ladies wait for a few days after relaxing before they start using it, because they want to enjoy the slick, straight hair before the MT makes the NG come back with a vengeance. ;) :lol:

I'm definitely experiencing growth with MT. I've been using it for about 2 and a half weeks now and my hair has taken off. I'm in kinky twists and you can no longer see my scalp in the back and middle parts of my head. I have pictures in my fotki..no password needed. Unfortunately, I didn't really take a good starting pic of the twists.

ETA: I haven't had any soreness at all.

good growth!

I don't relax, but I think that *thinks* (damn, I'm so bad with names) someone used their MT up to the day before relaxing.

I think that most ladies wait for a few days after relaxing before they start using it, because they want to enjoy the slick, straight hair before the MT makes the NG come back with a vengeance. ;) :lol:

Thanks JustKiya!

I needed that vote of confidence. (running off to base scalp and carefully relax) :rolleyes:

I will post an update this evening hopefully with pictures!!

Warm, tingly, makes you wanna toss your hair, no matter how long it is. :lol: I think it's the feeling of more blood/better circulation to your scalp.

vivEz daNs lamouR - It's weird, the feeling comes and goes for me too. I notice it more when I skip a couple of days, and start using it again.

I've been using it daily since I bought it, maybe that's why?

I was contemplating blow drying and flat ironing today for a length check (I do this once a month for the summer) but then I remembered that I cowash and apply OCT daily so now I'm on the fence.

I've been using it daily since I bought it, maybe that's why?

I was contemplating blow drying and flat ironing today for a length check (I do this once a month for the summer) but then I remembered that I cowash and apply OCT daily so now I'm on the fence.

You could always skip the cowashes for a week or so, and still apply the OCT, if you wanted to keep it straight for a while......

I'm officially joining this challenge. I went out and bought the rebuilder, the hydration spray and the detangler. I'm doing a deep conditioner with heat for 20 minutes as we speak. I'll post my reviews when I'm done. My daughter has a bald spot on the side of her head where she pulled her hair out. I'm gonna use the rebuilder on that area daily and see what happens.

I didn't have the itches initially, but baby now they are out of control. This is week 4 and my head has been itching like crazy. It got so bad one nite, I had to wash and condish in the middle of the nite. I'm not complaining though, my hair loves MT.

I bought some Garlic capsules from Walmart today after I noticed a little shedding. I know shedding is normal but I just wanted to make sure I can catch it before it gets out of hand.

I got 200 Spring Valley capsules (1000 mg) for about $5.88. Is this a good deal?

I bought some Garlic capsules from Walmart today after I noticed a little shedding. I know shedding is normal but I just wanted to make sure I can catch it before it gets out of hand.

I got 200 Spring Valley capsules (1000 mg) for about $5.88. Is this a good deal?

To me that sounds like a bargain. :yep:
I'm not taking any but at that price, maybe I should! :lachen:

Ok, here's my review.

I washed with a regular shampoo, then messaged the rebuilder in my hair. It was creamy and seemed to melt in my hair. I combed through with a wide tooth comb, put a plastic bag on and sat under the dryer for 20 minutes. I rinsed it out by bending over the tub. I know that's bad but I didn't want to get back in the shower. My hair had no slip but felt stronger. Sprayed in the rehydrant spray before I carefully combed my hair down, my hair felt really strong at this point. Then I added the survivor detangler, combed through again. At this point I couldn't claim any mega softness but I was able to comb through my newgrowths easier and I didn't lose as much hair as I usually do. As I rollerset I noticed I was able to easily section my hair. As parts of my hair began to dry it felt a lot softer. I used the rehydrant spray to wet any part that was too dry to set. Then got under the drier, I have to say that my hair dried a lot faster than usual. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but it dried in about 30 minutes, it usually take 45 minutes.

Ok, so now my hair is dry and I put some more of the detangler in. Combed through it with no major issues. My hair has a natural softness and a natural shine. I also put a bit of Kemi Oyl but that was all I needed. My shedding/breakage has decreased by 90% I would say. I'm running my hands through my hair and I don't have to brush my back off after words. Even if I don't have increase growth, the fact that I'm already maintaining more hair after the first use definitely makes it a keeper.

Hello Everyone:

I'm new to LHF and I have a few questions, but first I'll give you all some background info. All my life I had long think hair. But within the past 4+ years my hair has changed a lot due to chemical mixing and the birth of my son. A little over a year ago I decided to go natural (my last perm was in September 2006). Last year (May 2007) I had to cut my hair into a choppy bob because it was falling out. It has grown since then but I still don't have the length I expected. The back hits the end of my neck and the sides are a little past my jaw and I still have about an inch to 2 inches of relaxer on my ends (I think I may be off on the measurements). My hairdresser has been blowdrying and flatironing my hair every week and I wrap it night. I'm going to start using spiral curls to avoid all the heat from the flat iron. Also, I've been shedding lately. I started drinking carrot, celery, and apple juice everyday. I take melaluca vitality gold vitamins and I just bought a bottle of flax oil.

I'm so sorry I know this is a lot to read but I need some hair help.:sad:

How do you use the ovation cell therapy? I looked at the website but it did not say how to use it. What garlic products should I be using for this challenge? At the moment I've been using Silicon Mix shampoo and conditioner. Also my hairdresser says that everyone's hair grows 1/2 an inch a month. Is that true? Please help me and thank you all for reading.

so are you ladies using the entire Eqyss line or just the Mega tek?

I'm using Mega-Tek, the Premier Cream Rinse, the Survivor Detangler, and the rehydrant mist, occasionally... so most of the line, but not the whole thing.

Welcome, Jojo! Some ladies are using it according to the instructions, but I think most ladies are using it like a scalp grease. I would strongly suggest that you read both the previous challenge thread (linked in the first post of this thread) as well as reading all of this thread - there is a lot of information/experimentation/useful data that will allow you to customize this best for yourself.

Average hair growth ranges from 1/4 inch a month to 1 inch a month...but I think that it's like bell curve, and most people are sitting at the 1/2 inch a month point.....

Welcome, and good luck!

Someone posted in one of the MT/OCT threads that one of the mega-tek products was similar to surge. Can anyone tell me which product that was and post the ingredients? I can't find now.

Someone posted in one of the MT/OCT threads that one of the mega-tek products was similar to surge. Can anyone tell me which product that was and post the ingredients? I can't find now.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I'm toooooooooooooooo through with your siggy!!!!

It was LondonDiva, and it was the MicroTek spray.

:lachen:

MT side effect:lachen::lachen::lachen::goodone:

(while I sit here and mega sage my scalp)

Last edited:
Ok, here's my review.

I washed with a regular shampoo, then messaged the rebuilder in my hair. It was creamy and seemed to melt in my hair. I combed through with a wide tooth comb, put a plastic bag on and sat under the dryer for 20 minutes. I rinsed it out by bending over the tub. I know that's bad but I didn't want to get back in the shower. My hair had no slip but felt stronger. Sprayed in the rehydrant spray before I carefully combed my hair down, my hair felt really strong at this point. Then I added the survivor detangler, combed through again. At this point I couldn't claim any mega softness but I was able to comb through my newgrowths easier and I didn't lose as much hair as I usually do. As I rollerset I noticed I was able to easily section my hair. As parts of my hair began to dry it felt a lot softer. I used the rehydrant spray to wet any part that was too dry to set. Then got under the drier, I have to say that my hair dried a lot faster than usual. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but it dried in about 30 minutes, it usually take 45 minutes.

Ok, so now my hair is dry and I put some more of the detangler in. Combed through it with no major issues. My hair has a natural softness and a natural shine. I also put a bit of Kemi Oyl but that was all I needed. My shedding/breakage has decreased by 90% I would say. I'm running my hands through my hair and I don't have to brush my back off after words. Even if I don't have increase growth, the fact that I'm already maintaining more hair after the first use definitely makes it a keeper.

Yes, my hair dries faster which is great.
For softness, I use the cream rinse as a leave in and it will make your hair soft.

Yes, my hair dries faster which is great.
For softness, I use the cream rinse as a leave in and it will make your hair soft.

Really, you use the creme rinse as a leave-in? And it works well? Hmmmmm...I never thought of that...I know what I'm doing tomorrow when I wash my hair! :grin:
Thanks Ms. Puffy_Brown! Can I just call you Puffy? LOL!

Yes you should be able to find it but I think you misunderstand about the shedding. One of the things that happen with frequent MT usage is shedding. We use garlic supplements, poos, conditioners and treatments to curb the shedding.

Aw, man. I got my info all screwed up. :perplexed

Thanks for the correction. :yep:

Really, you use the creme rinse as a leave-in? And it works well? Hmmmmm...I never thought of that...I know what I'm doing tomorrow when I wash my hair! :grin:
Thanks Ms. Puffy_Brown! Can I just call you Puffy? LOL!

Puffy is cool.....

I think there are some others that do that. I remember reading that but I dont know if it was in this thread or somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back