Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega Tek Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, Hi, this is my very first post to LHCF but I have been reading like mad since I found the site in April. Ok, just a little bit of history: I am a 4a (I think), TWA. I wore a short curl wave nouveau for about 2 years and prior to that I was always in sew in weaves, sew on wigs, or braids. After a major medical crisis my hair changed dramatically & I cannot do braids, weaves, wigs, or chemicakls right now. So i decided to transition & slowly cut off the straight ends over the last few weeks. I have balding & thinning in my temple & front edges. I have unofficially joined several challenges, but since they require pictures, I will NOT officially join any challenge. My hair is too horrible even for me to look at. SamanthaJ suggested I take pics, which I did & I cried all night long (that was about a month ago). I know I am not suppose to be my hair - but dog gone it - I AM!

So I have been doing the MN challenge, deep conditioner challenge & steam challenge, just to name a few. [Side note: I have become an out of control PJ. SO I have powders, herbs, oils, conditioners, whisks, bowls, EO's, a steamer, table top hood dryer, etc. I have a hair binder with recipes plus there is a folder on "my Documents" just for hair that is full of info & recipes that I've learned here].

Now, the reason for my post. My hair is nearly bald in the front & sides, I started MN in May, then switched (actually combined) to MT a few days ago. I know you guys are going to think I am crazy but... There is a spot at my widows peak (which btw has been missing for a few months, that looks like I am losing hair. I thought - OMG - I am suppose to be growing hair. Then I realized that on one side the hair is growing in, then the bald spot with very short hairs, then right next to it is more hair that has grown in. So it is not that I am losing hair, but hair is growing in. It is just growing in much, much faster in some spots than in others. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of uneven growth?

I remember reading somewhere in thousands of posts where someone said their hair was starting to look like a chia pet. I swear that is what my sides & front are starting to look like.

I never cared about length - I think because I thought my hair would only grow so long. I usually just cut my hair to fit a certain style. Now Iactually think I can get some length.

OK, enough. I have blabbed on too much. I just got so excited this morning when I was washing my hair & I realized I had these funny spots.

I have been using Lady Aggie's recipe mixed with JustKiya's. I apply every morning to entire scalp & at night to my balding areas. I swear I can see the growth already.

I will continue to take pic & when i get over the horror, I may post them. I think it is like when I was close to 400 lbs, I would never take or show any pics. Now I proudly show my before pics since I am at an great weight.

OK, sorry to go on so long - I just go so excited, but I talk a whole hell of a lot.

:wave::wave:I missed you guys!!!! :grin:I go on vacation for a few days and you heffas are up to 600-somethin pages!!!:lachen:Why am I not surprised. Dang, I have to read the whole thread? Who's got the cliff notes? Last I hear LondonDiva is a missing, did JK or Aggie get any recipes?, what else I miss??????:sekret:

:ninja:

oh my. i'm gonna be up quite a while reading this. i want in on the MT sisterhood.
yeah i just finished. WHEW.

who was that again that found the real control at wal-mart? you mean like the salon in there or what?! i'm about to go look up megatek prices. this is crazy...and i want some of Nice&Wavy's growth. i had no idea your sig was an after pic.

:wave::wave:I missed you guys!!!! :grin:I go on vacation for a few days and you heffas are up to 600-somethin pages!!!:lachen:Why am I not surprised. Dang, I have to read the whole thread? Who's got the cliff notes? Last I hear LondonDiva is a missing, did JK or Aggie get any recipes?, what else I miss??????:sekret:

OMG- WE all missed you! Sooo glad your back. Get your reading glasses out:lachen::lachen::lachen:

We missed you! I was wondering where you were at! Welcome back!
You missed A LOT! Catch up on your reading!

yeah i just finished. WHEW.

who was that again that found the real control at wal-mart? you mean like the salon in there or what?! i'm about to go look up megatek prices. this is crazy...and i want some of Nice&Wavy's growth. i had no idea your sig was an after pic.

Get it while the gettin's good. Do you want to be looking at our reveal pictures come this Sept, thinking, "Mayne I coulda had me some Megatek:lachen:". J/k . Glad to have you aboard.

Ok, Hi, this is my very first post to LHCF but I have been reading like mad since I found the site in April. Ok, just a little bit of history: I am a 4a (I think), TWA. I wore a short curl wave nouveau for about 2 years and prior to that I was always in sew in weaves, sew on wigs, or braids. After a major medical crisis my hair changed dramatically & I cannot do braids, weaves, wigs, or chemicakls right now. So i decided to transition & slowly cut off the straight ends over the last few weeks. I have balding & thinning in my temple & front edges. I have unofficially joined several challenges, but since they require pictures, I will NOT officially join any challenge. My hair is too horrible even for me to look at. SamanthaJ suggested I take pics, which I did & I cried all night long (that was about a month ago). I know I am not suppose to be my hair - but dog gone it - I AM!

So I have been doing the MN challenge, deep conditioner challenge & steam challenge, just to name a few. [Side note: I have become an out of control PJ. SO I have powders, herbs, oils, conditioners, whisks, bowls, EO's, a steamer, table top hood dryer, etc. I have a hair binder with recipes plus there is a folder on "my Documents" just for hair that is full of info & recipes that I've learned here].

Now, the reason for my post. My hair is nearly bald in the front & sides, I started MN in May, then switched (actually combined) to MT a few days ago. I know you guys are going to think I am crazy but... There is a spot at my widows peak (which btw has been missing for a few months, that looks like I am losing hair. I thought - OMG - I am suppose to be growing hair. Then I realized that on one side the hair is growing in, then the bald spot with very short hairs, then right next to it is more hair that has grown in. So it is not that I am losing hair, but hair is growing in. It is just growing in much, much faster in some spots than in others. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of uneven growth?

I remember reading somewhere in thousands of posts where someone said their hair was starting to look like a chia pet. I swear that is what my sides & front are starting to look like.

I never cared about length - I think because I thought my hair would only grow so long. I usually just cut my hair to fit a certain style. Now Iactually think I can get some length.

OK, enough. I have blabbed on too much. I just got so excited this morning when I was washing my hair & I realized I had these funny spots.

I have been using Lady Aggie's recipe mixed with JustKiya's. I apply every morning to entire scalp & at night to my balding areas. I swear I can see the growth already.

I will continue to take pic & when i get over the horror, I may post them. I think it is like when I was close to 400 lbs, I would never take or show any pics. Now I proudly show my before pics since I am at an great weight.

OK, sorry to go on so long - I just go so excited, but I talk a whole hell of a lot.

Wow this post was touching! I feel honored that you have been silently following this thread, Thank Goodness for JustKiya and Aggie that have been so helpful to many. Don't worry about the starting pictures. Just cause you took them doen't mean that you have to share them with anyone. I am sooooo gald the MT is working for you- Woo Hoo!!!!!!! Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!!

Welcome Rhapsdyblu!
Thanks for joining us!

Wow, what a story. I'm glad you're starting to see some regrowth, and I'm confident these products will help get your hair back in shape. It sounds like you're already well on your way to a full head of happy hair. :grin:

Please don't hesitate to ask questions...we're all here to help on this incredibly fun and sometimes frustrating!) hair journey.

Get it while the gettin's good. Do you want to be looking at our reveal pictures come this Sept, thinking, "Mayne I coulda had me some Megatek:lachen:". J/k . Glad to have you aboard.

Wow this post was touching! I feel honored that you have been silently following this thread, Thank Goodness for JustKiya and Aggie that have been so helpful to many. Don't worry about the starting pictures. Just cause you took them doen't mean that you have to share them with anyone. I am sooooo gald the MT is working for you- Woo Hoo!!!!!!! Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!!

Welcome Rhapsdyblu!
Thanks for joining us!

Wow, what a story. I'm glad you're starting to see some regrowth, and I'm confident these products will help get your hair back in shape. It sounds like you're already well on your way to a full head of happy hair. :grin:

Please don't hesitate to ask questions...we're all here to help on this incredibly fun and sometimes frustrating!) hair journey.

Rhapsdyblu, :bighug:
You've come to the place where "hair dreams" can come true, well at least some of them :grin:. I am really impressed with your diligence and the painstakingly way you researched and archived great information.

You should receive the "NEWBIE of the YEAR" award, if we had one :yep:.

Your story in and of itself should continue to inspire all of us already here and the ones that will come after. Thanks for sharing your story with us out loud. Some others would not have had the courage to and I commend and love you for it. Welcome, welcome, welcome. :kiss:
:welcome: We'll be here to work it out together!

:lachen:PJism.....gottcha
Wow,
That is such and enlightening story. I am really glad that you joined. You will definitely get your moneys worth and then some:yep:. Best of all you gain an extended family. There are some really good people on this forum and we all really care and love each other. :grouphug:Welcome Home.:evillaugh:

I unofficially joined this challenge on June 27. I've been lurking LHCF for about a month. I posted my first post in health and fitness, work needed there too:ohwell:. OCT is definately the BOMB! I have seen growth in two weeks after two years of what seemed to be no growth (post medical issues):wallbash:. Hair is currently in a short cut (old Halle Barry). Desparate to grow out the nape area. Over the past two weeks there was growth in that area too but after leaving the OCT Creame Rinse on for 1 hr, air dried, and curled, had to add extra moisture (glyercin/carefree gold) due to the dry feel afterwards, hair seems to be shorter today. Don't know if its because of the new growth swell or unseen breakage due to friction (satin pillow) will continue to use and watch this.

Question: What is the best way to grow my hair from this length? ?What are some protective sytles? Nape area not long enough for braiding yet.

Thanks!!! This site is a God Send! I can't explain how overjoyed I am about finding this site. Blessing to everying one.

I unofficially joined this challenge on June 27. I've been lurking LHCF for about a month. I posted my first post in health and fitness, work needed there too:ohwell:. OCT is definately the BOMB! I have seen growth in two weeks after two years of what seemed to be no growth (post medical issues):wallbash:. Hair is currently in a short cut (old Halle Barry). Desparate to grow out the nape area. Over the past two weeks there was growth in that area too but after leaving the OCT Creame Rinse on for 1 hr, air dried, and curled, had to add extra moisture (glyercin/carefree gold) due to the dry feel afterwards, hair seems to be shorter today. Don't know if its because of the new growth swell or unseen breakage due to friction (satin pillow) will continue to use and watch this.

Question: What is the best way to grow my hair from this length? ?What are some protective sytles? Nape area not long enough for braiding yet.

Thanks!!! This site is a God Send! I can't explain how overjoyed I am about finding this site. Blessing to everying one.

:welcome4: to you HairTodayCMC! I am extending the same warm welcome to you as I did with Rhapsydy. You'll love it here.

Keep reading and researching. Don't jump on every bandwagon and you'll be fine. :yep: There are lots and lots of people here to help you with your hair care.

I see you said you leave in the Creme Rinse for an hour. Do you mean the Cell Therapy?

Your hair has ng kicking in so that is why your hair may feel shorter.
I believe you are relaxed, is that right? If so, when you get your touch up, you will see length.

A satin pillowcase shouldn't cause breakage, though a silk pillowcase is preferable. Also tie your hair up at night with a silk scarf as often as you can, if not every night.

Excuse me...knock, knock, knock....excuse me! I got a question for you users....does oct have the same side effects as mt? i have mt and it makes my hair extra hard and dc'n w/ moisture is not working for me so mt has been banned from my head for a while. i'm just wondering about oct.

WELCOME rhapsdyblu!!!!!! :lol: So glad you came out of lurking and joined us!!! And I suspect you'll be flashing those before and after pictures before you know it! :bighug:

TT8!!!! Girl, I was wondering where you were!?!?! Didja have fun on vacation??? :lol:
Girl, you know we don't do CliffNotes round here!

Welcome HairToday!!!!!!

I'd suspect that the shortness is most likely from NG causing your back to shrink up, a little.

Did you leave on the Rinse, or the Cell Treatment (just to be certain).... if you left on the rinse, I'm not sure why you would have the hard feeling - leaving on the CT might have left you with some extra protein, though....

Hrrm. Keep an eye on it, and definitely keep us updated!

Excuse me...knock, knock, knock....excuse me! I got a question for you users....does oct have the same side effects as mt? i have mt and it makes my hair extra hard and dc'n w/ moisture is not working for me so mt has been banned from my head for a while. i'm just wondering about oct.

I think that OCT leaves your hair feeling better, in general. It's got the extra ingredients in it to do just that. :yep:

Man, I have alot of catching up to do, new poster here but I have been reading. Actually stopped on page 53 or so. I am officially on this challenge. I started with my Mega Tek Saturday, I plan on appying the MT to my scalp every night as a leave in. My s/o is a great help, he parts the back portion of my hair for me and guides my fingers down my scalp so I don't get it all on my hair :grin:

I'll have my fotki up and running before weeks end. Won't be much but my hair in its current state but I plan on updating every 2 or 3 months, I haven't decided yet, but I usually get a touch up every 3 months. I guess I'll see how this MT works for me.

So far, I have used the entire OCT System twice.

I can't really say whether or not I see growth, I'll just wait until the entire system is used up. At this point though, I don't think I'll buy anything but the OCT itself. The shampoo is a pretty color and has a GREAT smell, but I think I prefer my Shikaikai bar soap- it gives me this hot reddish hue to my hair. The creme rinse is "aight"- my hair is not melting out the tangles like butter... the OCT is cooling on the scalp and I only use it about 2-3 times per week.

OH and I did coat the hair with it the first time, and my hair seems stronger but it's not drying.

I'm interested in buying the MT, but after reading all those things about sore scalps and shedding I think I can just chill with the OCT and call it a day.

AWWWW!!! :blush:, this is so sweet Nice & Wavy. Thanks you so much for all the love and support you offer us too and you know that love is returned in a very big way.

HUGS & KISSES!!! Have a blessed day.

Hey Aggie,

Thank you so much....and yes, I know the love is here!

Welcome to all the newbies that have joined our challenge! I was so excited to log on and read that so many of you have joined. I'm glad that you have done your research and decided to make a decision....you will love the results!

Blessing to all of you!

Hey Aggie,

Thank you so much....and yes, I know the love is here!

Welcome to all the newbies that have joined our challenge! I was so excited to log on and read that so many of you have joined. I'm glad that you have done your research and decided to make a decision....you will love the results!

Blessing to all of you!
Your progress sealed the deal for me. I showed my s/o your hair and he said he was gonna use my MT. Wait a minute, Not in this lifetime man :grin:

Thank you all so much. I've been using the OCT for maybe a month now. I had some shedding initially so I mixed some castor oil into my OCT.

My hair isn't long by any means but on the 4th I took my bun down and had at least 4 weave checks:grin::grin:. Then, on Saturday, 3 of the "weave checkers" called me to ask what I was doing to my hair to get it to grow like it was. What a fantastic feeling.

Your progress sealed the deal for me. I showed my s/o your hair and he said he was gonna use my MT. Wait a minute, Not in this lifetime man :grin:

Hi Anew!!! Awww...I'm glad. Girl, my dh uses it and OCT and his hair has been growing...you had better go ahead and get him his own bottle...that's what I did:lachen:

Thank you all so much. I've been using the OCT for maybe a month now. I had some shedding initially so I mixed some castor oil into my OCT.

My hair isn't long by any means but on the 4th I took my bun down and had at least 4 weave checks:grin::grin:. Then, on Saturday, 3 of the "weave checkers" called me to ask what I was doing to my hair to get it to grow like it was. What a fantastic feeling.

Girl, when you hear someone comment about your hair growing, that's when you know it's working. I didn't realize how much my hair grew until my granddaughter said something to me. That's when I took my siggy pic:yep:

I don't mix anything into my OCT or MT, but I do oil my scalp first before I use it...I don't have any problems at all (itches or soreness)

:welcome: :congrats: on the weightloss! :yay: Your hair will follow your weight loss journey and you'll be proud to show how far you've come with that too. Just keep doing what you're doing. :yep:

RHAPSDYBLU,

HELLO AND WELCOME,

I AM SO INSPIRED BY YOUR COURAGE AND I AM HAPPY YOU ARE SEEING GROWTH AND WITH THAT GROWTH I HOPE YOU ARE SEEING AN OVERALL DIFFERENCE IN THE HEALTH OF YOUR HAIR BECAUSE THAT, TO ME, IS MOST IMPORTANT. AND FROM THE WAY YOUR POST SOUND IT APPEARS YOU GOT A GOOD HANDLE ON THIS (I DONT KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE NOTICED BUT TOWARDS THE END OF YOUR POST I HEAR YOU SMILING:grin:) I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU. PLEASE KEEP IT UP. I THINK YOU WILL FIND THE MEGA TEK TO BE THE BEST THING TO BOOST THAT GROWTH.

HOPE TO SEE THE PIC SOON. I WILL BE UPLOADING MINE TOMORROW. I HAD ISSUES BEFORE WITH THE UPLOAD, BUT SOMEONE TOOK THE TIME THE OTHER DAY AND EXPLAINED STEP BY STEP HOW TO DO IT. SO HOPEFULLY IT WORKS FOR ME THIS TIME

Welcome to you too Peachey!!!

RHAPSDYBLU,

HELLO AND WELCOME,

I AM SO INSPIRED BY YOUR COURAGE AND I AM HAPPY YOU ARE SEEING GROWTH AND WITH THAT GROWTH I HOPE YOU ARE SEEING AN OVERALL DIFFERENCE IN THE HEALTH OF YOUR HAIR BECAUSE THAT, TO ME, IS MOST IMPORTANT. AND FROM THE WAY YOUR POST SOUND IT APPEARS YOU GOT A GOOD HANDLE ON THIS (I DONT KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE NOTICED BUT TOWARDS THE END OF YOUR POST I HEAR YOU SMILING:grin:) I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU. PLEASE KEEP IT UP. I THINK YOU WILL FIND THE MEGA TEK TO BE THE BEST THING TO BOOST THAT GROWTH.

HOPE TO SEE THE PIC SOON. I WILL BE UPLOADING MINE TOMORROW. I HAD ISSUES BEFORE WITH THE UPLOAD, BUT SOMEONE TOOK THE TIME THE OTHER DAY AND EXPLAINED STEP BY STEP HOW TO DO IT. SO HOPEFULLY IT WORKS FOR ME THIS TIME

ok its about to be on and poppin b/c after 10 days or so of not so patiently waiting...i finally have my MT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! something told me not to glue my lacefront on this morning because i was just going to have to rip it off once my MT came and what do you know...i was right! now i am going to refrain from pouring this whole bottle over my head at once...but i ain't makin' no promises. count me into the challenge ya'll :bud:

eta: this stuff smells good enough to eat, which is a drastic change from the smell of mtg that is currently on my head. i might need to take a few moments to calm down from all of this excitement.

Last edited:

:welcome4: You're among friends here.:circle: Congratulations on your weight loss and regrowth!:congrats: We look forward to hearing more testimonies from you.

HAIRTODAYCMC,

WELCOME.

I THINK YOU WILL BE VERY PLEASED WITH THE MEGA TEK JUST AS I AM. FINDING A GOOD REGGIE FOR YOUR HAIR IS A MUST TO RETAIN LENGTH. I, LIKE MANY HERE DO BELIEVE IN GROWTH AID AND MY HAIR SEEM TO RESPOND VERY WELL TO THEM. HOWEVER, I FOUND OUT THAT DUE TO MY HAIR NOT BEING KEPT UP I WAS LOOSING MORE THAN I WAS GROWING. SO, TO ME FINDING A GOOD HAIR CARE REGGIE WAS A MUST. SO I GOT MY PRIORITIES IN ORDER AND STOPPED TRYING TO GET THE MEGGA GROWTH AND TOOK SOME TIME TO GET MY HAIR HEALTHY AGAIN, AND I TRULY HAVE TO THANK THE LADIES HERE FOR THAT.

ONCE YOU FIND THAT GOOD REGGIE, YOU WILL KNOW. LIKE SOMEONE ELSE POSTED YOU CANNOT JUMP ON TOO MANY BAND WAGONS. NOW, THAT IS NOT TO SAY THAT YOU SHOULD NOT TRY DIFFERENT THINGS. FOR ME THAT WAS THE WAY I FOUND WHAT WORKED FOR MY HAIR AND WHAT MY HAIR DIDN'T AGREE WITH. AND SOMETIMES I STILL FIND MYSELF LOOKING FOR BETTER BECAUSE SOME THINGS JUST STOP WORKING LIKE THEY USED TO. AND I AM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR THE BEST TREAT FOR MY HAIR. MY HAIR DESERVES IT :yep:

MOISTURE AND PROTECTIVE STYLES IS WHAT I FOUND TO HELP GROW MY HAIR OUT. WHEN I FIRST JOINED AND WAS LEARNING ABOUT PROTECTIVE STYLES, I PUT ON MY RUNNING SHOES AND TOOK OFF THE OTHER DIRECTION BECAUSE I TOO DID NOT HAVE THE LENGTH TO DO A LOT OF THE PROTECTIVE STYLES. SO BEINGS I DID NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT MUCH FRICTION ON MY HAIR (DUE TO SHORTNESS) I FOCUSED MORE ON KEEPING MY HAIR MOISTURIZED AND SEALED. AND THIS HELPED ME RETAIN MY GROWTH. NOW THAT I HAVE SOME LENGTH I AM A FAN OF THE BUNS. WHEN I WANT TO WEAR MY HAIR OUT I DO ROLLERSETS, BRAID OUTS AND BANTU KNOT-OUTS.

I APPLY THE MEGA TEK 2-3 TIMES A WEEK RIGHT NOW. DUE TO THE SORENESS SOME WERE EXPERIENCING, I WANTED TO START OUT SLOW AND LET MY SCALP GET USED TO THE PRODUCT AGAIN (USED THIS YEARS AGO). EACH NIGHT I PART MY HAIR INTO 2 HALVES AND APPLY EITHER NTM OR HE MOISTURIZER THEN SOAK MY ENDS WITH JBCO AND PLAT AND PIN UP. I USE A SILK SCARF (WENT TO FABRIC STORE AND GOT A LARGE SILK FABRIC PIECE OUT THERE SCRAP SECTION FOR .53 CENTS) AND TIE IT UP AT NIGHT.

DUE TO THE PROTEIN IN THE MEGA TEK MAKING SOME LADIES HAIR HARD, I MAKE SURE WHEN I AM TUCKING IN MY HAIR I MAKE MY PONNY HIGH ENOUGH SO AS TO MAKE SURE MY HAIR STRANDS IS NOT LAYING UP AGAINST MY NAPE WHERE I KNOW I APPLY THE MEGGA TEK (THIS KEEP THE PROTEIN FROM MEGA TEK FROM GETTING ON MY STRANDS) HOPE THAT MADE SENSE :perplexed.

IN THE MORNING, I SPRITZ WITH MY GLYCERIN CONCOCTION AND BUN. I COWASH ONCE A WEEK AND DO A CLARIFYING WASH ON THE WEEKEND ALONG WITH A GARLIC SCALP TREATMENT AND DEEP CONDITION. I ALTERNATE MY PRE-POOS WITH ONE WEEK USING A MIXTURE OF OILS THAT I AM TRYING TO GET RID OF. AND THE OTHER WEEK USING APRETENDORA (EXCUSE THE SPELLING). I THINK I AM GOING TO START DOING BOTH TOGETHER.

THIS IS WHAT HAS WORKED WONDERS FOR ME AND THEREFORE WHEN I HAVE DONE THE GROWTH AID (MTG, EO, MN AND NOW MT :lick:)
I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO RETAIN THE GROWTH. ESPECIALLY THE MEGA TEK BECAUSE I AM GETTING MORE WITH THIS THAN THE OTHERS.

SO IN SHORT, IF YOU CANNOT FIND PROTECT STYLE STILL FOCUS ON THE MOISTURE AND SEALING BECAUSE WITH THIS MEGA TEK I AM SURE GETTING LENGTH IS GOING TO BE THE LEAST OF YOUR CONCERNS.

I WILL POST MY START PICS TOMORROW NOW THAT I KNOW HOW TO ATTACH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back