Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega Tek Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok its about to be on and poppin b/c after 10 days or so of not so patiently waiting...i finally have my MT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
something told me not to glue my lacefront on this morning because i was just going to have to rip it off once my MT came and what do you know...i was right!
now i am going to refrain from pouring this whole bottle over my head at once...but i ain't makin' no promises. count me into the challenge ya'll :bud:

eta: this stuff smells good enough to eat, which is a drastic change from the smell of mtg that is currently on my head. i might need to take a few moments to calm down from all of this excitement.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

ok i just washed my hair and used the MT according to the directions on the bottle. then i did a dc with aussie deeeeeeeep 3 min miracle moisturizing treatment. please tell me why my hair already feels stronger? i am straight trippin' now b/c i know this stuff does not work that fast!

A VERY BIG WELCOME TO:

HairTodayCMC

rhapsdyblu

Anew

PEACHEY

and a special WELCOME BACK to you

tt8.

I'm very excited to have all of our newbies who have successfully done their own research and decided to join the challenge with us and for having tt8 back with us again. I love you ladies and have a blessed hair growing day.

Just wanted to let everyone know that i have been using OCT for 2 days now and I am currently in cornrows but dont know if it is doing anything yet. Welcome to all the :newbie: and welcome back tt8!:grouphug3:

First of all, I said I was not reading the boards today, too much work to do, & what am I doing? Reading.

I am so touched by the many, many welcomes. I have seen the love on this thread, the previous OCT/MT, & many others. To see how much you guys have reached out to this stranger is heart warming.

My hubby thinks I have lost my mind (especially when he saw that I had added some blessed oil to my concotions - He said, "Babe, you're not going to put blessed oil in there are you? is that OK?" hey - I say use all the help you can get). But he has noticed the improved health & even seen the growth, so he said I must be doing something right. When I asked him if he wanted to try Lady Aggie's Ayuverdic cowash recipe, he said no because he could not afford to go to the barber shop 3-4 times a week for a hair cut. So that's proof that I am learning a lot.

I am getting my routine down & it's funny how growth was never of importance to me. Just wanted to wear cute styles. When I first came to this site, I just wanted to get my edges back. Lo & behold...I have healthier hair AND growth. Wowzer!

I will eventually post the pics. I had never heard of Fotki till I came to this board, so may not have a picture album up, but I'll figure out something once I get over my embarrassment.

So thank you, Ladies, for your welcome, & all your love, & support. & my hair thanks you also. ( I am giving a collective thank you because so many have sent me love, I just cannot thank you each one by one).

Excuse me...knock, knock, knock....excuse me! I got a question for you users....does oct have the same side effects as mt? i have mt and it makes my hair extra hard and dc'n w/ moisture is not working for me so mt has been banned from my head for a while. i'm just wondering about oct.

Is your MT diluted?

Are you applying the MT to your scalp only or do you put it on the length of your hair?

What are you using to DC and how many times weekly do you DC?

Hopefully you can find out how to increase your moisture levels, I would just hate to see you have to shell out more dough for OCT. I guess you could always post on the exchange forum.

Anyways.......The oct does not cause my hair to be dry at all. Not in the least! I started with the OCT cause my hair is protein sensitive and I thought MT would be going with the big guns. Honestly I don't think I would buy the poo or rinse again. But the OCT is a keeper:yep:. BTW, I only "grease" my scalp with it. When I feel like my hair needs protein I use my beloved ORS Hair Mayo.

Good Luck! And let us know what you decide!!!

HELLO DEAR,

THIS IS FUNNY, I ALMOST FEEL LIKE A CELEBRITY JUST SPOKE TO ME. YOU HAVE BEEN ONE OF THE LADIES THAT HAS INSPIRED ME ESPECIALLY TO START BACK USING THE MT

:shocked:....really? Wow, you are too sweet! I'm glad that I am an inspiration to you:yep:...thank you so much!

Awwww....you are welcome, rhapsdyblu! I'm excited for you:yep:

First of all, I said I was not reading the boards today, too much work to do, & what am I doing? Reading.

I am so touched by the many, many welcomes. I have seen the love on this thread, the previous OCT/MT, & many others. To see how much you guys have reached out to this stranger is heart warming.

My hubby thinks I have lost my mind (especially when he saw that I had added some blessed oil to my concotions - He said, "Babe, you're not going to put blessed oil in there are you? is that OK?" hey - I say use all the help you can get). But he has noticed the improved health & even seen the growth, so he said I must be doing something right. When I asked him if he wanted to try Lady Aggie's Ayuverdic cowash recipe, he said no because he could not afford to go to the barber shop 3-4 times a week for a hair cut. So that's proof that I am learning a lot.

I am getting my routine down & it's funny how growth was never of importance to me. Just wanted to wear cute styles. When I first came to this site, I just wanted to get my edges back. Lo & behold...I have healthier hair AND growth. Wowzer!

I will eventually post the pics. I had never heard of Fotki till I came to this board, so may not have a picture album up, but I'll figure out something once I get over my embarrassment.

So thank you, Ladies, for your welcome, & all your love, & support. & my hair thanks you also. ( I am giving a collective thank you because so many have sent me love, I just cannot thank you each one by one).

Oh my word rhaps, you need to stop bringin' tears to my eyes. This is the second time you've done this to me:blush3:. I am so happy for you, I can't even tell you how much. I can barely see through the tears trying to type on these keys.

Oh my word rhaps, you need to stop bringin' tears to my eyes. This is the second time you've done this to me:blush3:. I am so happy for you, I can't even tell you how much. I can barely see through the tears trying to type on these keys.

You are so sweet, Aggie. I'm so glad to know you:yep::rosebud:

Has anyone had issues getting the residue off of their scalp? I washed today and when I went to apply I could see it was still on my scalp...I have it mixed with a few other items so it may not be the MT, perhaps I should use it straight to compare. Either that or I'm too heavy handed.

Has anyone had issues getting the residue off of their scalp? I washed today and when I went to apply I could see it was still on my scalp...I have it mixed with a few other items so it may not be the MT, perhaps I should use it straight to compare. Either that or I'm too heavy handed.

I never, ever had a problem with residue on my scalp, so it may just be something else you are using with it:yep:

I've never had scalp residue issues either - how much are you using, and what are you mixing it with?

Hmmm, I don't know what's causing this for you but I don't have any residues left in my hair or on my scalp and I am also heavy handed. How often are you washing and with what? Could be build up.

Its probably a 40/40/20 mix of MT, Oil and Aloe Vera. I just use it like you'd grease your scalp.....I don't think its alot. I'll do a test one side mix, one side plain just to see.

Its probably a 40/40/20 mix of MT, Oil and Aloe Vera. I just use it like you'd grease your scalp.....I don't think its alot. I'll do a test one side mix, one side plain just to see.

Hrm. Doesn't sound like anything in your mix would be off - what sorts of oils?

And how much are you using at a time? You might just be a little heavy-handed - I can't even see any on my scalp immeadiately after I finish applying it....

Just wanted to let you beautiful ladies know, that I relaxed my hair and although I started using MT when I was 9 weeks post. I really do believe the two weeks of me using MT made a difference. I know I got more than my normal growth and I have been getting awesome growth before using MT. However, I'm super excited with the results of using MT. I will continue to MT and I can't wait to show my progress pics in Sept!

Last edited:
Just checking in with this thread and saying hi to all the lovely ladies. :wavey: I don't remember posting in this thread yet. My current starting point is in my siggy pic. Hoping for shoulder length by October.

I'm using a MT/Castor Oil/SAA mix on my scalp 6 nights out the week. Using Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm for my DCs so my moisture will be on point. Also alternating between Qhemet Burdock Root Creme & Sunsilk 24-7 TLC leave in as my moisturizers, sealed w/ an oil. :yep:

You ladies are so supportive and loving, which is SUCH a good look. I'm grateful every day for finding this board. :grouphug:

HHG ladies!!!!!

Just checking in with this thread and saying hi to all the lovely ladies. :wavey: I don't remember posting in this thread yet. My current starting point is in my siggy pic. Hoping for shoulder length by October.

I'm using a MT/Castor Oil/SAA mix on my scalp 6 nights out the week. Using Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm for my DCs so my moisture will be on point. Also alternating between Qhemet Burdock Root Creme & Sunsilk 24-7 TLC leave in as my moisturizers, sealed w/ an oil. :yep:

You ladies are so supportive and loving, which is SUCH a good look. I'm grateful every day for finding this board. :grouphug:

HHG ladies!!!!!

:hiya: Kels! Your hair is doing great! :grouphug:

I finally got my MT after 24 days of waiting!:rolleyes: I had to go to the post office to pick it up because they tried to drop it off on saturday but I was out of town. I can't wait to start. I will post start pics tonight.

I realize with the OCT that this is a system but the MegaTek...

Do you just apply it to your scalp? Do you do this everyday? How do you use it? How does it leave the hair? Soft? Anybody's hair get hard from the protein?

Sorry if this question has been asked before...It's between WEN and OCT. (I'll probably wind up buying both anyway).

Do you just apply it to your scalp? Do you do this everyday? How do you use it? How does it leave the hair? Soft? Anybody's hair get hard from the protein?

Sorry if this question has been asked before...It's between WEN and OCT. (I'll probably wind up buying both anyway).

Just to scalp, everyday, like a hair grease, leaves my roots soft (that's the only place it touches), and I haven't had any protein issues with it yet.

:lol:

Go on and get them both!

Just to scalp, everyday, like a hair grease, leaves my roots soft (that's the only place it touches), and I haven't had any protein issues with it yet.

:lol:

Go on and get them both!

Could you put it in a squeeze bottle? It's not greasy is it?

Girl, my DH gonna C-I-L-L me!

Could you put it in a squeeze bottle? It's not greasy is it?

Girl, my DH gonna C-I-L-L me!

Mine is actually in a tub, because it's easier for me to control how much I'm using that way, and it's easier for me to mix my additions in, but yes, you can definitely put it in a squeeze bottle. It would need to have a VERY small tip though, as you don't want to use too much.

It's not greasy at all - it's the consistency of a very thick conditioner.

:lol: Just shake all that hair you'll have in his face in a couple of months - he'll get over it. ;)

I use OVATION Maximizing System according to the instructions that come with the product, but the ladies using the Mega-Tek Rebuilder are applying to their scalps only; massaging it in several times a week or more until the next wash; like you would a hair grease. Just don't be too heavyhanded with it if you decide to use it that way.

Some say it softens and others say they are adding things like glycerin, Silk Amino Acids, Aloe, etc. in oder for the hair to be soft. If you moisturize daily and regularly deep conditon with a hydrating/moisturizing conditioner, your hair shouldn't get hard.

AND I almost forgot. Get both the WEN and Mega-Tek or OVATION. You can't lose.

Last edited:
Mine is actually in a tub, because it's easier for me to control how much I'm using that way, and it's easier for me to mix my additions in, but yes, you can definitely put it in a squeeze bottle. It would need to have a VERY small tip though, as you don't want to use too much.

It's not greasy at all - it's the consistency of a very thick conditioner.

:lol: Just shake all that hair you'll have in his face in a couple of months - he'll get over it. ;)

They so stupid. He'll be like "you spent a car note on hair products?...ok."

I use OVATION Maximizing System according to the instructions that come with the product, but the ladies using the Mega-Tek Rebuilder are applying to their scalps only; massaging it in several times a week or more until the next wash; like you would a hair grease. Just don't be too heavyhanded with it if you decide to use it that way.

Some say it softens and others say they are adding things like glycerin, Silk Amino Acids, Aloe, etc. in oder for the hair to be soft. If you moisturize daily and regularly deep conditon with a hydrating/moisturizing conditioner, your hair shouldn't get hard.

AND I almost forgot. Get both the WEN and Mega-Tek or OVATION. You can't lose.

Huh...why did you suggest that?

I'm going to get that WEN fig and the Megatek I think...

You use WEN right? How do you incorporate the Ovation with the WEN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back