Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega Tek Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so enjoying my journey with OCT and MT. Even if my hair doesn't grow anymore from these growth aides (but, I know it will:grin:) I like that its making my hair much healthier and thicker than it ever has been before.

I am also enjoying the journey with all of you who too are participating and using it...it makes using it that much more enjoyable!

Seeing all the progress with the pics are great too! You ladies that are just beginning....you just continue to be consistent and you too will see much change taking place with your hair.:yep:

Just wanted to share with you all...you all are very special people!

Blessings to you, always!

I'm so enjoying my journey with OCT and MT. Even if my hair doesn't grow anymore from these growth aides (but, I know it will:grin:) I like that its making my hair much healthier and thicker than it ever has been before.

I am also enjoying the journey with all of you who too are participating and using it...it makes using it that much more enjoyable!

Seeing all the progress with the pics are great too! You ladies that are just beginning....you just continue to be consistent and you too will see much change taking place with your hair.:yep:

Just wanted to share with you all...you all are very special people!

Blessings to you, always!

AWWWW!!! :blush:, this is so sweet Nice & Wavy. Thanks you so much for all the love and support you offer us too and you know that love is returned in a very big way.

HUGS & KISSES!!! Have a blessed day.

Great progress ladies! So inspirational indeed. In fact I ran to my MT mixture this morning since I forgot to apply it last night (bad Roxie, bad bad).

In any case, things are good here. I'm not keeping close track of measuring just yet. I've been using it for about a week I guess. What I will say is that my nape feels like its finally catching up to the rest of my hair. I've been focusing my application directly to that area for a while. As I mentioned it is a little shorter than the rest of my hair by about an inch or so, is that normal?

I straightened my hair Thursday and took some pics (blowout/quick flat iron - left me with SILKY swanging hair, yum), and my hair seemed to be a little more even back there *shock*. I was contemplating a cut to even things but I realize now it won't be neccessary. I will say this though, my hair is getting long enough to flip around like the girls in the sun silk commercial, lol. Well not THAT long but my hair is now past my shoulders! I'm so happy. I think at this rate, I'll be about within an inch of APL by touch up time (August 30 - my bday). I'll also be @ 18 weeks post relaxer then. My longest stretch!

I don't have my computer up and running yet (still on the Blackberry), but once I do, I will share!

Foxie, this is normal only if you wear your hair down a lot and it's constantly sweeping across your neck and shoulders. What is happening here is that because of the friction, your hair could very well be breaking off in those little pieces without you knowing it. Try to keep your hair off your neck, shoulders and clothes as much as possible to prevent friction breakage, okay? I believe it's safer to wear your hair down more often after you've passed APL without so much breakage. Does this make sense at all?

how long after a touch-up are you ladies using your oct/mt?

KPH I only wait about 3 days because I like to enjoy my relaxed hair for a couple of days without any other product in it however not so long that I miss out on a like a wholllllle weeks progress:nono:, that would be bad. I don't want you ladies leaving me too far behind you know:grin:.

I should be able to buy Mega Tek at a saddlery or tack shop, right? Just like I did the MTG?

I want to try this for shedding.

I should be able to buy Mega Tek at a saddlery or tack shop, right? Just like I did the MTG?

I want to try this for shedding.

Yes you should be able to find it but I think you misunderstand about the shedding. One of the things that happen with frequent MT usage is shedding. We use garlic supplements, poos, conditioners and treatments to curb the shedding.

KPH I only wait about 3 days because I like to enjoy my relaxed hair for a couple of days without any other product in it however not so long that I miss out on a like a wholllllle weeks progress:nono:, that would be bad. I don't want you ladies leaving me too far behind you know:grin:.

thanks aggie and the OP who answered, i was nervous but i bought some clips and that new redken mask in the purple jar ($12.95 wal-mart) so I will start tomorrow

I'm looking for a good DC to use with MT but with all of this "protein-overload" talk :spinning: that I've read recently, I'm a little nervous to use what I already have. I have a few cholesterol condishes and a few ORS replenishing packs. Are these safe to use with MT or do you think this is too much protein?

TIA

I'm looking for a good DC to use with MT but with all of this "protein-overload" talk :spinning: that I've read recently, I'm a little nervous to use what I already have. I have a few cholesterol condishes and a few ORS replenishing packs. Are these safe to use with MT or do you think this is too much protein?

TIA

i think i read somewhere that ORS replenishing pack is a light protein so you might want to steer clear of that one

My scalp's sore. No itching or shedding but it's sore. Oh I should clarify what I mean by sore... tender is probably a better word. I'm always tenderheaded for a few days after removing braids. That's what it feels like. It doesn't hurt like I've been cut or hit with bat. It's just tender like it's been braided for a long time.

ETA: I've been using MT for the last two weeks. With OCT I had awesome growth but my head was tender in the crown, itched and I had a lot of shedding.

Last edited:
Hey ladies. Just checking in to say hello. All is ok with me as I am adapting to my new life. I'm still applying the mt to my scalp nightly and my scalp is quite tender so I am as gentle as possible as I mega'sag my scalp but I can't do it for too long as it starts to hurt. My hair is about 2-3 inches from reaching bsl so I'm excited about that. My ultimate goal is waist length and I hope that by next year I'm there with the help of the mighty MT and u ladies.

Oh, Pantene came out with a new product to help with breakage and retain length. Has anyone tried it? I'm trying to find a great moisturizer with no protein. Help!

Gracias

You have had great growth too. And Justkiya is right it does look thicker. I love the black color. You really are making me want to revisit HIN:rolleyes:. What is your OCT regimen?

Nothing special. Apply at least 6 days a week to scalp. Normal daily moisturizing and sealing. I like to co-wash at least 5 days a week. One day during the week I apply OCT all over the hair. No heat for summer. Bun and go. Thats it!:grin:

Last edited:
Ok, I've been reading here that ladies are experiencing itching and soreness. I've been using MT since Wednesday and haven't experienced any of this. Does that mean it's not working? Or will I experience the soreness and itchies after a few weeks.

I diluted my MT with a little bit of water and mixed with oils and silk amino acids. FYI- I'm currently have a sew in.

Ok, I've been reading here that ladies are experiencing itching and soreness. I've been using MT since Wednesday and haven't experienced any of this. Does that mean it's not working? Or will I experience the soreness and itchies after a few weeks.

I diluted my MT with a little bit of water and mixed with oils and silk amino acids. FYI- I'm currently have a sew in.

I don't experience any of those things either.
Let's be happy. :yep:

TIA

I'm not sure - I was thinking about this some more, and I think that there is a thread, around here somewhere (started by Sistaslick, I think) that details how you can determine if a DC is a 'protein' DC.
Also, you can definitely listen to your hair - if it starts to act a little protein-rich after you use it, then you definitely know it's too much for your hair.

No, it doesn't mean that it's not working - someone who had great results never got the itchies/soreness - I don't remember who, though.

I just finished DC'ing my hair with a caramel treatment (I really need to do these more often! I'm thinking about doing them every weekend, and making my mid-week DC the 'easier' one. I can also sleep in the midweek one. :lol:

I mega'sagged on a wet scalp, and now I'm letting it air dry in 8 fat braids.

Last edited:
I've been using mine since Wednesday and was wondering the same thing. I guess I'll just be happy about it like you and January Noir.:grin:

TRUST ME YOU WILL EXPERINCE IT !!! Just give it a little time :yep:

I started using my mega tek for the first time on June 22, 08. I allready have new growth + itches + sore scalp :yep::yep:

I am noticing the itchies now.
It was more pronounced today. I just washed my hair yesterday and I applied the MT last night. I have been itching my head all day...feels like I got the creepies....are you ladies washing your hair again when it starts itching?

I am noticing the itchies now.
It was more pronounced today. I just washed my hair yesterday and I applied the MT last night. I have been itching my head all day...feels like I got the creepies....are you ladies washing your hair again when it starts itching?

I'm not. I've found though, that a quick scalp massage soothes the itchies like NOTHING else.

I'm not. I've found though, that a quick scalp massage soothes the itchies like NOTHING else.

Oh..
I was trying not to touch my scalp because it started the tender feeling a couple of days ago and I didnt want to mess with it fearing the worse. I'll give it a try.

Do any of you guys that are experiencing the tenders/itchies have a virbrating hair brush? I wonder if using that brush would help with tenderness and/or increase or stimulate growth. I would use my vibrating hair brush with my mega tek but it seems like the USPS/horseloverZ.com would rather sit on my products then send them to me so that I can use them.

Do any of you guys that are experiencing the tenders/itchies have a virbrating hair brush? I wonder if using that brush would help with tenderness and/or increase or stimulate growth. I would use my vibrating hair brush with my mega tek but it seems like the USPS/horseloverZ.com would rather sit on my products then send them to me so that I can use them.

humm...not sure if it'll be worth spending the money cause I just massaged my scalp for a few min like JK recommended and I can say that the itching has stopped and I do feel a difference in the tenderness because my blood is circulating.

humm...not sure if it'll be worth spending the money cause I just massaged my scalp for a few min like JK recommended and I can say that the itching has stopped and I do feel a difference in the tenderness because my blood is circulating.

:yep:

Feels good, doesn't it? :lol:

well my brush was only $5.00 but free massages beat out a $5.00 brush any day.

I'm not sure - I was thinking about this some more, and I think that there is a thread, around here somewhere (started by Sistaslick, I think) that details how you can determine if a DC is a 'protein' DC.
Also, you can definitely listen to your hair - if it starts to act a little protein-rich after you use it, then you definitely know it's too much for your hair.

No, it doesn't mean that it's not working - someone who had great results never got the itchies/soreness - I don't remember who, though.

I just finished DC'ing my hair with a caramel treatment (I really need to do these more often! I'm thinking about doing them every weekend, and making my mid-week DC the 'easier' one. I can also sleep in the midweek one. :lol:

I mega'sagged on a wet scalp, and now I'm letting it air dry in 8 fat braids.

Thanks! I'll see if I can find that info.:yep: Thank caramel treatment sounds good! I'll have to try that one too.

Last edited:
You still did not get yours? What the heck. Where are they sending it from Egypt?
I sawry...I would put some on your scalp for you and massage it in....I share....

i think they must have had to pull it out of the crack of their behinds, then walk it over to egypt and then send it to me. i mean i only ordered on the 24th of june and its only the 5th of july. i call them but they don't seem to be in a hurry to send me my stuff, i guess its b/c they already have my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back