Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega Tek Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would watch ur hair. When I used the OCT line I still had to do a mild protein b/c I was CWing daily.

If u r not using the MT on ur entire length at any time u may need to.

Hey,

I was just thinking. Since I started using Mega Tek Rebuilder, which by the way Ive been using for 3 days. I have had a couple itchies when I first put on but subsides after it goes in..anyhoo. I am wondering if you guys are still doing protien treatments. I have been doing with Nexxus Aloxxi Emergency, but I am not sure if I need to be doing that anymore? What do you guys think?

:giggle: I suspect I'm going to try it. What I'm going to do though, is just use it on/in one area of my hair - maybe right behind my ear, so if something crazy happens, it'll be contained. ;)

I've got a couple bottles of MT - I don't have enough patience to wait til I'm allllll done with it.

Sounds like a good idea. That's why I called you 'boss' you cuz you got it all under control.:yep: Let us know how it goes:grin:

I, too, am struggling to make it to 12 weeks and I'm only at 9 weeks. This is a new thing for me, as I can usually stretch for 4 months at a time, since my hair is so fine. I'm struggling to make it this time, though. My hair in my avy is 8 weeks post. I hope that I can hold on. Something's definitely happening with my hair and it's a good thing. I no longer shed and have no breakage!!

Are you taking garlic pills or using garlic shampoos or conditioners? We can hang for 2/3 more weeks, unless we get breakage of course but I doubt that. ooohhhh, I can't wait to see your update. I bet you'll be just about APL:yep:

I assume "megassaging" is just massaging the scalp, are ya'll doing anything in particular or just applying and rubbing the scalp a bit?

Today was my first day using MT and i've got the itches like it aint nobody's business! :arguing:and it must be my imagination cause ask me why i feel a little tiny curl coming up from under my braids?? this MT betta stop playing with my head:nuts:

i'm posting my starting pic. its the top view of my braids.
Im on day 2 and Ive got the itchies too.

i used to get the itchies and my scalp used to tingle but they both have stopped. i think it stopped like within the first 2 weeks (i've been using it for a month)

oh yea i apply OCT daily on the scalp only with water added
then i rinse it out either in my weekly wash or co wash

Ive found that if I put the OCT on my scalp when its wet, I get crazy scary shedding, but if I do it on dry scalp and when I co wash but rinse it out after 5 minutes there is no shedding.

I would watch ur hair. When I used the OCT line I still had to do a mild protein b/c I was CWing daily.

If u r not using the MT on ur entire length at any time u may need to.

I am only using on scalp. Ill keep an eye on it. I bought the shampoo, the cream rinse, and the rehydrant spray. I am going to go look at the ingredients again because I am not sure. Then again maybe I can just apply the MT to the entire length of my hair once a week and rinse.

No you don't need to do any additonal protein treatments. If you forget some early findings about using MT or OCT, go back to post #2 of this thread. (Or is it #3 - I forget)

Okie Dokey...

This has been a very difficult month for me and I hope that as the month ends, so does all of my bad luck. I lost my father, got laid-off, my DH and I split up and he is moving out amongst a bunch of other lil things that have gone wrong. I'm trying to have faith in God and know that there is a purpose to all of this and trying to find the lesson, but it has been very difficult and i'm trying to not get depressed.:nono:

On a hair note, I went to get a professional touch-up and it was a reminder of why i stopped going to salons in the first place. The lady was so rough with my head and ripped out half of my hair. Thank God I have a thick head of hair because I would literally be bald, she was so rough. But on a high note, my hair is just a few inches short of bsl so I'm hoping that by next check in, I will be there already. Lets hope.

Thats all.

I said a prayer for you.
Its funny how things seem to happen at the same time.
I know that your faith in God will get you through because he has a plan for you and knows where you are right now and where he wants you to be.
I know that you will get through this so I will just say you may not get it when you want it but God is always on time so keep the faith! Peace.

This has been a very difficult month for me and I hope that as the month ends, so does all of my bad luck. I lost my father, got laid-off, my DH and I split up and he is moving out amongst a bunch of other lil things that have gone wrong. I'm trying to have faith in God and know that there is a purpose to all of this and trying to find the lesson, but it has been very difficult and i'm trying to not get depressed.:nono:

On a hair note, I went to get a professional touch-up and it was a reminder of why i stopped going to salons in the first place. The lady was so rough with my head and ripped out half of my hair. Thank God I have a thick head of hair because I would literally be bald, she was so rough. But on a high note, my hair is just a few inches short of bsl so I'm hoping that by next check in, I will be there already. Lets hope.

Thats all.

Hey,

I was just thinking. Since I started using Mega Tek Rebuilder, which by the way Ive been using for 3 days. I have had a couple itchies when I first put on but subsides after it goes in..anyhoo. I am wondering if you guys are still doing protien treatments. I have been doing with Nexxus Aloxxi Emergency, but I am not sure if I need to be doing that anymore? What do you guys think?

I personally REALLY slacked off on any additional protein, including henna, but that was because I was listening to my hair. Just the little bit of MT that manages to get on my length is plenty - PLENTY - for my natural hair, and I still add in mid-week DC's, just to insure that the moisture has a headstart.
If you do still need to use it, I suspect it would be pretty infrequently - listen to your hair!

I assume "megassaging" is just massaging the scalp, are ya'll doing anything in particular or just applying and rubbing the scalp a bit?

I'm not doing anything in particular, just rubbing the MT into my scalp. :yep:

Thats all.

:bighug: explosiva - what a stressful, stressful period for you - I'm sorry for all of your losses, and I know there is a purpose to this rough period of pain for you. You will be aiight, sista. :yep:

I said a prayer for you.
Its funny how things seem to happen at the same time.
I know that your faith in God will get you through because he has a plan for you and knows where you are right now and where he wants you to be.
I know that you will get through this so I will just say you may not get it when you want it but God is always on time so keep the faith! Peace.

This was stated beautifully!!!

Explosiva,

I so agree with Ms. Puffy and I know that God has more blessings in store for you!! Weather the storms and remember God is with you every step of the way!

Many blessing Love!!

Okay I've read the original thread and I just have a few questions to ask. For those of you who have the OCT system what are the direction labeled on the bottle or what have you? And how often does it say to use them? I want to know the direction straight from the makers of this product. I've called but I havent gotten an answer yet so Im asking you guys. Also does the OCT system say that you should leave it on your scalp?

I know that you can leave it on your scalp but does the OCT directions say that. I've read the Eqyss animal (pet and equine) directions and they say you can place it on hot spot, noses, hooves, mane, and etc. As I said before I just want to know their directions.

Hey,

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't do it.

I decided to prepoo with Joico Kpak - just for shyts and giggles :perplexed - and I DC with a moisturizing conditioner and next thing I know, I have 1" broken strands on my hands. Well, actually, it wasn't that bad, but I freak out anytime I see breakage, and I could just run my hands over my hair and find a broken hair. :nono:

I had to sit with a moisturizing DC on my head ALL DAY Saturday to reduce the breakage. I can still "feel" the protein in my hair - as it feels wiry almost - the breakage has slowed, but I'm NEVER doing that again.

I'm guessing the runoff from the MT was enough protein for me.

I decided to prepoo with Joico Kpak - just for shyts and giggles :perplexed - and I DC with a moisturizing conditioner and next thing I know, I have 1" broken strands on my hands. Well, actually, it wasn't that bad, but I freak out anytime I see breakage, and I could just run my hands over my hair and find a broken hair. :nono:

I had to sit with a moisturizing DC on my head ALL DAY Saturday to reduce the breakage. I can still "feel" the protein in my hair - as it feels wiry almost - the breakage has slowed, but I'm NEVER doing that again.

Oh my, .

I, too, am struggling to make it to 12 weeks and I'm only at 9 weeks. This is a new thing for me, as I can usually stretch for 4 months at a time, since my hair is so fine. I'm struggling to make it this time, though. My hair in my avy is 8 weeks post. I hope that I can hold on. Something's definitely happening with my hair and it's a good thing. I no longer shed and have no breakage!!

Are you taking garlic pills or using garlic shampoos or conditioners? We can hang for 2/3 more weeks, unless we get breakage of course but I doubt that. ooohhhh, I can't wait to see your update. I bet you'll be just about APL:yep:

Thank you, sweetness! :kiss: I'm praying that I can make it. I've been doing Alter Ego Garlic Treatments once a week or once every 2 weeks. Too much protein is not good for my hair at all. Stepping up my CW's as well. I have about 2.5 inches of NG so I sure that I'm APL non-relaxed. After so many setbacks, cutting, trimming, if I'm not full APL by the end of the summer, it's a wrap. Right now, I'm happy that my hair is finally thickening up and healthy. At this point, I'd rather have healthy hair that's not thin, lifeless or fine than long hair. Your hair is looking fabulous, by the way!! ;)

To Explosiva, I am praying for you, girl!! :pray::bighug:love3:

Okay I've read the original thread and I just have a few questions to ask. For those of you who have the OCT system what are the direction labeled on the bottle or what have you? And how often does it say to use them? I want to know the direction straight from the makers of this product. I've called but I havent gotten an answer yet so Im asking you guys. Also does the OCT system say that you should leave it on your scalp?

I know that you can leave it on your scalp but does the OCT directions say that. I've read the Eqyss animal (pet and equine) directions and they say you can place it on hot spot, noses, hooves, mane, and etc. As I said before I just want to know their directions.

You will receive a flyer from OVATION with instructions OR you can read the instructions on the bottle. Their instructions are very simple (2 methods)
  1. Daily use = Shampoo, rinse, apply Cell Therapy, wait 3-5 mnutes, rinse, apply creme rinse over the Cell Therapy, and rinse again.
  2. As a Treatment = Apply Cell Therapy to clean, wet scalp and length of hair. Leave in 1-2 hours or overnight. Rinse.
It's here on LHCF that many ladies are mixng in other ingredients, massaging in and leaving it in until their next wash day, etc.
I do not. I have been following the instructions sent with the product for the most part. I got crazy for a minute and pulled my Mega-Tek out and started massaging it into my scalp every night, but that's more activity than I have time for, so I went back to basics. I am very pleased with how my hair is doing so far, so I will just let it do what it do. :yep:

I am relaxed by the way.

Thank you, sweetness! :kiss: I'm praying that I can make it. I've been doing Alter Ego Garlic Treatments once a week or once every 2 weeks. Too much protein is not good for my hair at all. Stepping up my CW's as well. I have about 2.5 inches of NG so I sure that I'm APL non-relaxed. After so many setbacks, cutting, trimming, if I'm not full APL by the end of the summer, it's a wrap. Right now, I'm happy that my hair is finally thickening up and healthy. At this point, I'd rather have healthy hair that's not thin, lifeless or fine than long hair. Your hair is looking fabulous, by the way!! ;)

To Explosiva, I am praying for you, girl!! :pray::bighug:love3:

Thank you for the compliment. 2.5 inches of ng:blush: Oh yah, you're definitely at APL. Ummmm, I think I'm relaxing Friday. I have a date for Saturday and I want to wear my hair down:rolleyes: for the first time in a year:grin: So yea, I think Imma go head and relax. That will be 11 wks for me:yep: I stopped by the bss on the way home and picked up my relaxer but I'll be waiting on your progress pics:grin:

Wow, I just ordered my MT from Valleyvet on Friday and the package was waiting for me by the door.:woohoo2:

Sign me up for challenge. I'm claiming an inch past my April 08 pic in my fotki for my starting point.

It's quite - interesting - and amazing to me how so many of the Eqyss products seem to 'work' so well together. :lol: I'm not a brandjunkie, but I think I'm experiencing what it means to fall in love with a 'line'.

Okay, first, of course, you've got the Mega-Tek. Fabulous stuff.
Then, I found that it needed a good moisturizing conditioner in order to balance the protein, and in steps the Premier Cream.
Now, I was just struggling to get through my hair (parting my dry hair can be a - herculean task) and I scoop up the Survivor Detangler, and BAM! Tangles were gone, done, through - almost better than getting it wet, since my hair didn't shrink any - And it smells SO GOOD.

:look:

I'm getting the gallon size of this stuff, next time it comes time to restock, oh yes ma'am I am!!

I'm experimenting with styling my hair in new ways - I think I'm going to pass on the low-mani side of things (just be very gentle, fingercombing 90% of the time) with my hair, and stick to the protective - largely because if I want to get away from the same old two strand twists, AND I want to apply MT to my scalp erry night - I'm going to have to manipulate my hair more.
One benefit that I can see though, is that I'll be able to catch any over-proteinated issues even faster. :yep:

Also? My hair is almost shoulder. It's definitely 'can you call this shoulder'. I was sitting here tonight with the back of my hair down, just turning my head back and forth so I could feel it brush along my back. OohLaLa, y'all!!!! If I stick to my MT like I should be, I'll be unquestionably shoulder by the end of the summer. :yep: :woot:

I've been starting to get the itchies, too. :perplexed
Washed yesterday and freaked a bit. Not because of shedding, but my hair had looked so SHORT! I wondered "OMG, BREAKAGE!"

That was until I noticed the telltale "mushroom" shape my hair took because of the newgrowth that appeared out of nowhere. :blush: I got a relaxer on the 29th of May and it is June 30th (lets just say a month, 4 weeks) later...I don't begin to get the "newgrowth explosion" until about a month and a half, two months. :S
Yet it is soft, blends in deceptively when I brush it back on an updo and tie down. I am LOVING the MT~
~*Janelle~*

You will receive a flyer from OVATION with instructions OR you can read the instructions on the bottle. Their instructions are very simple (2 methods)
  1. Daily use = Shampoo, rinse, apply Cell Therapy, wait 3-5 mnutes, rinse, apply creme rinse over the Cell Therapy, and rinse again.
  2. As a Treatment = Apply Cell Therapy to clean, wet scalp and length of hair. Leave in 1-2 hours or overnight. Rinse.
It's here on LHCF that many ladies are mixng in other ingredients, massaging in and leaving it in until their next wash day, etc.
I do not. I have been following the instructions sent with the product for the most part. I got crazy for a minute and pulled my Mega-Tek out and started massaging it into my scalp every night, but that's more activity than I have time for, so I went back to basics. I am very pleased with how my hair is doing so far, so I will just let it do what it do. :yep:

I am relaxed by the way.

Thanks you very much. That was really helpful.

Thanks to the women on this board, as well as throughout LHCF, I started using the MN treatment, which I must say again, THANK YOU, because in two short weeks, I have 1.5 inches of new growth. :grin:(I currently have a weave as a protective style). I am totally in shock!!! I've only had my weave in for two weeks, and it already looks like I need to take it down. I used 4% MN with my Carol's Daughters Hair Elixir. I figured it contained all of the natural oils, and I wanted to use what I already had rather than spend the extra money. Thanks again!!

Now, as for the MT, I ordered it and just received an email that it should arrive this week. (Having it delivered to my job - will be leaving early that day).

I will finish my MN mixture until it arrives, and will likely mix the CD's in with the MT. Wish me lucks. I owe many thanks to the women on this board!!! :grin::grin:

SB,
I'm so sorry about the breakage but you are right- the MT has enough protein to carry us. Let's play it safe and step away from the protein for a bit :yep:.

My last relaxer was June 13, I started applying OCT the same day after my relaxer and bagging every night religiously. I use the complete system on wash day (once a week). I just started using vatika oil for my ends. Today, I was looking at my hair in the washroom at work and looked at my nap area and it's growing already! Just sfter 2 weeks!!!! No shedding
I think I finally find a product that will work for my hair

I don't know if you will be able to see from the pictures:

http://public.fotki.com/dubois007/new-beginning-novem/6.html
http://public.fotki.com/dubois007/new-beginning-novem/009.html
http://public.fotki.com/dubois007/new-beginning-novem/11.html
http://public.fotki.com/dubois007/new-beginning-novem/018.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back