Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega Tek Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been slacking a bit but. Ill be back on my game monday, applying my MT daily. I have a question though, is it best to cowash daily with MT or wash once per week. Im afraid If I cowash daily Ill just be washing out the MT before it has a chance to work.TIA!!

I CW'ed almost daily the first 2 weeks or so and then switched to every-other-day and washed once per week and got good growth. I CW'ed in the evening and then applied the OCT.

ETA: I CW'ed frequently b/c I was on the CW challange :lol:, if I wasn't ---i prob. would have just washed/CW a few times a week. You'll figure out what ur hair likes :yep:

Last edited:
Ive been slacking a bit but. Ill be back on my game monday, applying my MT daily. I have a question though, is it best to cowash daily with MT or wash once per week. Im afraid If I cowash daily Ill just be washing out the MT before it has a chance to work.TIA!!

I sometimes co-wash once a week and DC twice per week and I am still getting awesome results with the MT.

I'm using the cell rebuilder. I think the coat rebuilder has almost the same ingredients - *thinks* - someone was using that, but I can't remember who... :lol:

I am using the cell rebuilder too and JK you're right, someone here was using the coat rebuilder and was getting the same results as we are. I didn't order it because I thought it was too expensive for the size.

I think that the MT soaks into your scalp pretty quickly, honestly, and that as long as it's on your scalp for at least 12 hours, you'll be fine. I'd suggest MT'ing right after you cowash, and that way you'll insure that your hair gets the most benefit from it.

*pouts* Okay, I think I've discovered yet another reason to not take breaks - my shedding has jumped up again, like it was when I first started using MT. It slowed down to a virtual stop after the middle of week two, I think, so I'm going to keep pushing on, and hopefully it'll slow down.
It's funny, I'm not worried about my hair getting thinner (I've got a LOT of hair and the MT is making the strands plumper, somehow.....), I'm more irked by having all these random pieces of hair floating all over the place. *pulls a hair off of her computer screen* :lachen: *sigh*

I henna'ed and deep conditioned my hair today and I just got through mega saggin' my scalp:lick:. Yum Yum.

I think that the MT soaks into your scalp pretty quickly, honestly, and that as long as it's on your scalp for at least 12 hours, you'll be fine. I'd suggest MT'ing right after you cowash, and that way you'll insure that your hair gets the most benefit from it.

*pouts* Okay, I think I've discovered yet another reason to not take breaks - my shedding has jumped up again, like it was when I first started using MT. It slowed down to a virtual stop after the middle of week two, I think, so I'm going to keep pushing on, and hopefully it'll slow down.
It's funny, I'm not worried about my hair getting thinner (I've got a LOT of hair and the MT is making the strands plumper, somehow.....), I'm more irked by having all these random pieces of hair floating all over the place. *pulls a hair off of her computer screen* :lachen: *sigh*

What a problem to have eh when your hair's growth rate is accelerated and it's thick and lush :grin: :lachen:.

I just applied a henna so I can indigo my hair. I thought about going to sleep with it on and getting up early in the morning to do the indigo. I dunno. We'll see.

I used Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner as a DC before I did my henna treatment and my hair was soooooo soft, but heavier than it has ever felt.

Now for me, that is a beautiful thing!

What a problem to have eh when your hair's growth rate is accelerated and it's thick and lush :grin: :lachen:.

I just applied a henna so I can indigo my hair. I thought about going to sleep with it on and getting up early in the morning to do the indigo. I dunno. We'll see.

I used Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner as a DC before I did my henna treatment and my hair was soooooo soft, but heavier than it has ever felt.

:lol: I know, right? :nono: I should be shamed of myself for even whinging about it, as I sit here and play in my lovely feeling, obviously longer hair. :lol:

I'm going to do an overnight DC - most likely with my usuals, though I DID pick up a sample size of the Ojon Conditioner at Ulta today....but the way my hair goes through conditioner, I think I'll use that as a leave-in, so I can see how it actually works. Dime-sized portions, my right hairline! :lachen:

I henna'ed today too doing the one step treatment with indigo in my henna and my hair is still very very dark. I did the two-step henna before and honey I hated doing it. It was so much easier to apply when I combined the henna and indigo. I made much less of a mess today than with my hlast henna treatment a month ago. Now when I was putting in my MT tonight after deep conditioning, my hair is so unbelieveably soft, I'm still touching it 30 minutes later:yep:.

Last edited:

I henna'ed today too doing the one step treatment with indigo in my henna and my hair is still very very dark. I did the two-step henna before and honey I hated doing it. It was so much easier to apply when I combined the henna and indigo. I made much less of a mess today than with my hlast henna treatment a month ago. Now when I was putting in my MT tonight after deep conditioning, my hair is so unbelieveably soft, I'm still touching it 30 minutes later:yep:.

It's not so bad today Aggie. I've become very adept in application and fitting in the treatment in my busy day. I like the 2 step process because it makes my hair very dark; the 1 step is not as dark for me. The problem is I don't henna/indigo as much as I used to because I had a serious setback (breakage due to dryness) with it. With the help of Sareca and Henna Sooq, I worked it out, but I'm gun-shy with it. I am very careful now to make sure my moisture level is very high before I henna and indigo and apply to sectioned, damp hair.

Here's what I did tonight:

[*]Apply DC while 60 workout on the treadmill
[*]Rinse DC when showering from treadmill workout
[*]Apply henna mix while hair is wet/damp, cover with plastic.
[*]Watch TV, lurk on LHCF while henna is setting

Last edited:
:lol: I know, right? :nono: I should be shamed of myself for even whinging about it, as I sit here and play in my lovely feeling, obviously longer hair. :lol:

I'm going to do an overnight DC - most likely with my usuals, though I DID pick up a sample size of the Ojon Conditioner at Ulta today....but the way my hair goes through conditioner, I think I'll use that as a leave-in, so I can see how it actually works. Dime-sized portions, my right hairline! :lachen:
LOL my hair can sop up some condish at times too! It be thirsty! :laugh:

This thread has grown so much already! TT8 put so much work and info into the original OCT/MT thread. I just want to say a BIG THANKS to TT8 :yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

Click on to the attachment button above after pressing post reply, this will take you to your pic file stored on your computer and if the pic is the right size already, press upload and the attachment will be visible in your post.

Another way I do it is I copy a pic from my fotki album and paste it in my post here. I do this with other pics that allow for copy and paste like products from a website that you want us to see/talk about, etc.

thanx im going to try that!!

I've recieved my Mega Tek a few days ago and I am very pleased with it. I am having hair growth. After a stint of getting my hair dyed an awful color by my mother's beautician my scalp seemed to act different. It no longer produced the scalp oils as it had been doing in the past and I didnt see any hair growth after almost 3 weeks. It was still an awful red color at the roots. Well I did a corrective dye a little over a week ago and I can already see my black root popping up now that I have started using MT. Its only been 3 days and my scalp is back to pumping out its natural oils and Im seeing hair growth. Im hooked now just by that experience.

Well I have to now get a good routine going on. Im now interested in purchasing other Eqyss products (premier creme rinse and shampoo) or either just get the whole OCT system. From reading the OCT site it states that you are to use the shampoo then cell therapy and last the creme rinse. I really want to know how to properly use these products in conjunction or atleast how the company says to.

You mean cowash with MT as in apply to the length of your hair everyday? I wouldn't do that. It has way too much protein for that.

What I usually do is apply MT directly to my scalp every night and then cowash with a moisturizing conditioner in the morning.

I have been using MT for about 3 weeks now. I'm transitioning and at the front my my head, I actually counted the waves, I call'em ripples. I have 2 new ripples in the last 3 weeks. My hairline is filling in very well now.

I do believe this stuff is working. Even if it isn't, my hair is super strong yet soft.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Have any of ya'll be checking out the MoeGro thread? I've been keeping an eye on it, and - well, I have this idea that I want to run past my MT/OCT sistren.

Basically, what the MoeGro method is an infusion of horsetail (shavegrass) and or nettle herbs in oil, and the oil is then applied to your scalp on a regular basis, and it's supposed to be giving some sistas some AMAZING growth. BOth horsetail and nettles are longtime hair 'aiding' herbs, and they both seem to be 'safe' herbs - horsetail can be not so good for people with high blood pressure, but otherwise, it's all good.

Now. I'm all about bumping things up a notch, and I'm all about simplicity.

My MT mix already includes Vit. E oil and Castor Oil. I just ordered some horsetail and nettles. I'm going to infuse them in the Vit E & Castor Oil, and then use that infused oil in my MT Mix.

I'm going to start with a small 2oz version, first, to try it out, and see what my scalp thinks - I figure that way, if my hair just HATES it, I haven't wasted that much MT.

:look:

Thoughts? Ideas? Am I just being too greedy, or do ya'll think this might actually work?

I'm also (as soon as I get paid) ordering a replacement battery for my camera - I can't start something new without pictures!

See JustKiya,

I'm going to call you the LHCF Mixologist!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Love your idea! Where are you getting your horsetail and nettles?

I have been using MT for about 3 weeks now. I'm transitioning and at the front my my head, I actually counted the waves, I call'em ripples. I have 2 new ripples in the last 3 weeks. My hairline is filling in very well now.

I do believe this stuff is working. Even if it isn't, my hair is super strong yet soft.

Wow! Congrats, I'm loving MT too. I don't see ripples but tiny coils at my roots- just about everywhere on my scalp.

I remember and yall sent me right over the top:grin: Whoaa, September huh? I can't wait to see your progress. Make sure to pay attention to your tresses every week, hayl everyday and give your hair extra TLC. You know the rest so I won't write you a novel:lachen: but listen to your hair and and your stretch will be fine!

Thanks for the advice! See, I am getting a bit of cold feet now because I did a flexi rod set and it seems like I have more ng than curl :lachen:!
But seriously, I may relax on the 15th. I don't want a heap of breakage and any setbacks!!

JustKiya are you trying to get a foot a week!?:lachen: I think at some point you max out on the amount of growth you can reasonably get per month.

I just got my MT yesterday!

JustKiya are you trying to get a foot a week!?:lachen: I think at some point you max out on the amount of growth you can reasonably get per month.

I just got my MT yesterday!

:lachen:

I totally agree!!! I'm just - curious to see if I can really get to that point. And truly, no! I realized that I wouldn't WANT my hair to grow any faster than 2 inches a month - I wouldn't be able to keep up with it! :lachen:

I'm just - curious. :look: To see if it makes a difference in the growth rate. If it doesn't, I still have the good that the MT is doing, and horsetail and nettles are good for your scalp/hair, period - even if they don't help the growth along.

They both are supposed to be good against dandruff, and generally keep the scalp happy...........

:look: But wouldn't it be interesting if it did increase growth, too?

I totally agree!!! I'm just - curious to see if I can really get to that point. And truly, no! I realized that I wouldn't WANT my hair to grow any faster than 2 inches a month - I wouldn't be able to keep up with it! :lachen:

I'm just - curious. :look: To see if it makes a difference in the growth rate. If it doesn't, I still have the good that the MT is doing, and horsetail and nettles are good for your scalp/hair, period - even if they don't help the growth along.

They both are supposed to be good against dandruff, and generally keep the scalp happy...........

:look: But wouldn't it be interesting if it did increase growth, too?
yeah they are supposed to have other benefits and stuff:look: yeah, yeah thats right. they might just happen to add a few more centimeters if you lucky, yeah thats it:look:

gone and try that out for the rest of us, when you get that foot of growth we will pass the plate for your conditioner fund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back