Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega Tek Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAY!!!! I finally got my 2 bottle of Mega Tek today! :grin::grin: Please sign me up for the challenge!

JamaicaLovely said:
Wow, I just ordered my MT from Valleyvet on Friday and the package was waiting for me by the door.

Sign me up for challenge. I'm claiming an inch past my April 08 pic in my fotki for my starting point.

Thanks to the women on this board, as well as throughout LHCF, I started using the MN treatment, which I must say again, THANK YOU, because in two short weeks, I have 1.5 inches of new growth. :grin:(I currently have a weave as a protective style). I am totally in shock!!! I've only had my weave in for two weeks, and it already looks like I need to take it down. I used 4% MN with my Carol's Daughters Hair Elixir. I figured it contained all of the natural oils, and I wanted to use what I already had rather than spend the extra money. Thanks again!!

Now, as for the MT, I ordered it and just received an email that it should arrive this week. (Having it delivered to my job - will be leaving early that day).

I will finish my MN mixture until it arrives, and will likely mix the CD's in with the MT. Wish me lucks. I owe many thanks to the women on this board!!! :grin::grin:

Hooray for you Ladies!!!! Can't wait for you guys to rave about the growth that you will be getting!!!

Last edited:
UPDATE::
(PICS COMMING LATER)
uhmm... yea this stuff is definitely the truth (MT). I finally toke my head band off and started feeling on my tracks (which i still aint wash yet EWWWWWWWW .....but thats not the important part .... yea so TELL ME WHYYYY im feeling all of these waves.. i mean i can actually LIFT my tracks. Ive only had these tracks in for 1 week and Ive been using MT for less than that. You guys can say Im trippin but whatever, as soon as I decide to stop bieng a bum and go home so I can charge up my camera phone I'll post some pics.

okay. i think i might that because i really love the growth i am getting from the oct its just the shedding that is has me upset. my hair doesnt seem thinner but all the shed hairs have me thinking that im gonna go bald one day lol. idk i am confused. thanks for your help:drunk:

OK , THE PROBLEM I'M HAVING IS THE BREAKAGE . I'M NOT SHEDDING ....I DON'T SEE THE WHITE BULB ON THE END .......JUST MID-WAY THE SHAFT OF THE HAIR OR LONGER !!!

ANY ADVICE ?!!!!!!! :ohwell:

OK , THE PROBLEM I'M HAVING IS THE BREAKAGE . I'M NOT SHEDDING ....I DON'T SEE THE WHITE BULB ON THE END .......JUST MID-WAY THE SHAFT OF THE HAIR OR LONGER !!!

How is your moisture? It sounds like you might be getting some protein overkill close to the roots, causing breakage. I'd do a good moisturizing DC, stat, and check anything else you are putting on your scalp to see if it has protein in it as well.

My last relaxer was June 13, I started applying OCT the same day after my relaxer and bagging every night religiously. I use the complete system on wash day (once a week). I just started using vatika oil for my ends. Today, I was looking at my hair in the washroom at work and looked at my nap area and it's growing already! Just sfter 2 weeks!!!! No shedding
I think I finally find a product that will work for my hair

I don't know if you will be able to see from the pictures:

http://public.fotki.com/dubois007/new-beginning-novem/009.html
http://public.fotki.com/dubois007/new-beginning-novem/11.html
http://public.fotki.com/dubois007/new-beginning-novem/018.html

OK, wait a sec!!!! I can't even type this!!! Did your hairline grow in from the OCT in 2 weeks in the last pic? Did your hairline look the same 2 weeks ago as it did in that Oct '07 pic? I'm about to faint. Answers PLEASE!!!!!

How is your moisture? It sounds like you might be getting some protein overkill close to the roots, causing breakage. I'd do a good moisturizing DC, stat, and check anything else you are putting on your scalp to see if it has protein in it as well.

ITA with Kiya. Are you still using the Ayurvedic herbs? Remember that Henna and Shakakai act more like proteins than moisturizers so be careful of protein overload with these herbs too. The Alma is very moisturizing.

:lachen::lachen:Be careful on where you land

The pictures are the results of using OCT for 2 weeks. Keep in mind I just had a relaxer 2 weeks ago.

OK, wait a sec!!!! I can't even type this!!! Did your hairline grow in from the OCT in 2 weeks in the last pic? Did your hairline look the same 2 weeks ago as it did in that Oct '07 pic? I'm about to faint. Answers PLEASE!!!!!

:lachen::lachen:Be careful on where you land

The pictures are the results of using OCT for 2 weeks. Keep in mind I just had a relaxer 2 weeks ago.

Whew!!! I just got back from fainting so hard :lachen:
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay:

Ok girlie, you need to bring those pics in here!! Don't make me faint by myself!!! Do you know how to place them in here?

i got my honeyquat and SAA....what type of measurements are in your mixes?

If you check post 3, I think it is, in this thread, you'll see recipes. I don't think mine has the amount of honeyquat listed, but it's twice whatever the SAA is. :giggle:

Okay ITA with JK on the moisture. Moisture is key when using these products. Try a couple of deep conditioning treatments a week and definitley keep your hair moisturized daily carletta.

I might be one of the only ones here not having protein overload issues because I have not changed much about my henna and ayurveda powder regimen nor have I kept from doing my protein treatments. I have reduced them to every 2 or 3 weeks instead of weekly though and my hair is still thickening and growing well. I still henna my hair every 4 weeks as normal. I don't know if being relaxed makes it easy for me to still use protein and ayurveda while using MT on my scalp:ohwell:.

Most of us here are in the deep conditioning challenge and you're welcomed to join if you like carletta.

Last edited:
My last relaxer was June 13, I started applying OCT the same day after my relaxer and bagging every night religiously. I use the complete system on wash day (once a week). I just started using vatika oil for my ends. Today, I was looking at my hair in the washroom at work and looked at my nap area and it's growing already! Just sfter 2 weeks!!!! No shedding

All I can say is WOW!!!

Everyday, I put the cell therapy on my scalp only and baggy at night and Vatika oil on my ends.

Once a week will wash with OCT shampoo and conditioner (Saturdays)

There is it, my regimen is simple. I don't mix my OCT.

Girl, what in the world do you mix with OCT? How do you apply it? I want mine to thicken and fill in, too!!

:lachen: Welcome back and thanks.

I thinbk my pics are too big to post in the threads because I'm getting errors message.

Whew!!! I just got back from fainting so hard :lachen:
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay:

Ok girlie, you need to bring those pics in here!! Don't make me faint by myself!!! Do you know how to place them in here?

:lachen: Welcome back and thanks.

I thinbk my pics are too big to post in the threads because I'm getting errors message.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:
You might have to upload them to shutterfly.com and then copy and paste the link into the above box that has a mountain. I tried using fotki to link mine and I always have a problem.

Regardless, you must be so excited!!! I really want my hairline back and that is one of my main reasons for being part of this challenge :yep:. You have def encouraged me to keep applying my MT!

Amazing! I gotta try this on my nape!:look:

Does anyone use the cream rinse (ovation line) as a deep conditioner? If so how long are you using this product for???

I meant to ask-How long are you leaving the cream rinse on your hair if your using the product as a deep conditioner???

Thanks in advance:drunk:

Hey because of all of you i just ordered the Gallon size of Mega Tek plus other things... :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Why because I like it and I am down to my last 6 oz.... I guess i won't run out now!!!!!!:grin::grin:.... Boy I am a PJ...

I'M IN.

I PURCHASED MY MT ON LAST WEEK FROM A LOCAL FEED STORE HERE IN ATLANTA. I DID A CLARIFY WASH TO REMOVE ALL TRACES OF MY MN MIX THAT I HAD BEEN USING FOR A WHILE.

I KNOW FOR A FACT MT WORKS. THIS IS ALMOST OLD SCHOOL NEWS TO ME. I USED TO USE IT ABOUT 7 YEARS AGO WHEN I LEARNED ABOUT IT FROM A HAIR CARE FORUM I USED TO BE A MEMBER OF. I THINK IT WAS CALLED HAIR CARE LOVERS.COM (?????SOMETHING LIKE THAT). MOST OF THE MEMBERS ON THAT BOARD WERE OF THE OPPOSITE NATIONALITY AND SWORE BY MT. I PURCHASED SOME AND USED IT FOR A WHILE AND GOT GOOD RESULTS UNTIL I DECIDED TO JUMP ON THE SHORT HAIR BANDWAGON. THAT WAS MY BIGGEST MISTAKE. BUT HERE IT IS BACK IN MY LIFE AGAIN. I DO NOT KNOW WHY I DID NOT START BACK USING THIS SOONER. (:wallbash:BRAIN FART I GUESS:wallbash:).

DO YOU LADIES SOMETIMES WONDER HOW LONG OR HEALTHY YOUR HAIR WOULD BE IF YOU DID NOT JUMP ON ALL THE HAIR FADE BAND WAGONS? WHEN I LOOK AT PICTURES OF HOW LONG MY HAIR WAS BEFORE I DECIDED TO CUT IT, I CAN JUST KICK MYSELF:pullhair:. BUT NO NEED TO STRESS OVER IT ANY MORE. MT BABY

Is anyone NOT having dryness problems from mega tek?
I'm not complaining at all:grin:,but my hair is moisturized and soft after i apply it to my roots.then i spray my moisturizers in and leave it at that.
No dryness
No breakage...:drunk:

Everyday, I put the cell therapy on my scalp only and baggy at night and Vatika oil on my ends.

Once a week will wash with OCT shampoo and conditioner (Saturdays)

There is it, my regimen is simple. I don't mix my OCT.

That is GREAT growth for only 2 weeks!!!!!!!

HI!!

What is this store called and where is it located? How much were they selling it for?
I'M IN.

I PURCHASED MY MT ON LAST WEEK FROM A LOCAL FEED STORE HERE IN ATLANTA. I DID A CLARIFY WASH TO REMOVE ALL TRACES OF MY MN MIX THAT I HAD BEEN USING FOR A WHILE.

I KNOW FOR A FACT MT WORKS. THIS IS ALMOST OLD SCHOOL NEWS TO ME. I USED TO USE IT ABOUT 7 YEARS AGO WHEN I LEARNED ABOUT IT FROM A HAIR CARE FORUM I USED TO BE A MEMBER OF. I THINK IT WAS CALLED HAIR CARE LOVERS.COM (?????SOMETHING LIKE THAT). MOST OF THE MEMBERS ON THAT BOARD WERE OF THE OPPOSITE NATIONALITY AND SWORE BY MT. I PURCHASED SOME AND USED IT FOR A WHILE AND GOT GOOD RESULTS UNTIL I DECIDED TO JUMP ON THE SHORT HAIR BANDWAGON. THAT WAS MY BIGGEST MISTAKE. BUT HERE IT IS BACK IN MY LIFE AGAIN. I DO NOT KNOW WHY I DID NOT START BACK USING THIS SOONER. (:wallbash:BRAIN FART I GUESS:wallbash:).

DO YOU LADIES SOMETIMES WONDER HOW LONG OR HEALTHY YOUR HAIR WOULD BE IF YOU DID NOT JUMP ON ALL THE HAIR FADE BAND WAGONS? WHEN I LOOK AT PICTURES OF HOW LONG MY HAIR WAS BEFORE I DECIDED TO CUT IT, I CAN JUST KICK MYSELF:pullhair:. BUT NO NEED TO STRESS OVER IT ANY MORE. MT BABY

Is anyone NOT having dryness problems from mega tek?
I'm not complaining at all:grin:,but my hair is moisturized and soft after i apply it to my roots.then i spray my moisturizers in and leave it at that.
No dryness
No breakage...:drunk:

I'm not, I am in kinkys but I would know if my roots were dry but everynight before I apply OCT I spritz my scalp with a mix of water, infusium moisture-ologie (or however you spell it) or glycerin and castor oil or whatever I can find and it soooo silky I love it, no dryness like I experienced with MN sometimes. I started spritzing b/c I read your scalp was supposed to be wet before application but it turnd out to serve 2 purposes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back