Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega Tek Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yea i apply OCT daily on the scalp only with water added
then i rinse it out either in my weekly wash or co wash

OK We might be on to something.

Have you tried using it just as a treatment ever? - (Applying it to the scalp/hair for 1-2 hours OR overnight. Rinse and apply a creme rinse (preferably the OVATION Creme Rinse or EQyss Premier Creme Rinse). If so, did you follow this routine at least 2x?

I would recommend (befoe you give it up) to cease applying it everyday and leaving it in until you wash again.

It might be to strong for you that way.

Just because others are doing it, doesn't mean that it's right for you.
Some people can apply daily (without washing out the same day) and some people cannot.
I'm thinking you cannot. :yep:

Last edited:
:hiya3: fast growing hair ladies!:hiya:
I'm :newbie: and joined LHCF just to post on this thread!!!:yep: I would like to join the challenge! I found LHCF while searching for reviews and more information about the Ovation products, started reading the old thread created by TT8 and got myself addicted and amazed to see your results, and of course, the sisterhood. :grouphug3:I'm amazed to see how you girls are really willing to :help2: others achieve their hair care goals, this is really hard to see nowadays. :urock:

:hide:I have been "watching":peek2: you guys for a while now:sekret:, and THANK you DSD for the new thread, at least I was able to read ALL the posts on this one. Out of the 2000+ posts from the first thread, I think I got to read about 1,500...:bookworm:jeeez!...anyways, I would like to join you ladies on this OCT/MT journey and share some tips and also my progress using OCT/MT:pulpdance:. Btw, I LOVE these products!!!! :clapping:And I gotta say that, as a pharmacist/chemist, I'm very picky with what I put on my hair and skin....:perplexed

So, some more info about me....my hair is a mess (3b/3c/4a):hair:...completely mixed from my black/Brazilian and Italian background. I love being a "mix", but my hair was always a "pain" to me. So hard to take care of! lol...so I decided to do the Japanese straightening:crazy: thing and all my curls WERE GONE!:wallbash: I kind of miss them:sad:, but in the other hand I like how easier it is to take care of my hair now:yep:. BUT, in the other hand, my hair is really damaged (I've bee lazy the last year and not taking care of it properly) and not retaining length bc I always have to trim to get rid of the split ends. Not only that, I had Iron deficiency the last months and I LOST tons of hair:cry:. The Iron levels are back to normal now:yahoo:, but I'm still shedding:pullhair: :crying3:( I don't know if it's because the OCT/MT, cuz my health is very good right now.......Well, I'm serious about my hair now and I want it strong, thick again, long and healthy!!! So, can I join you ladies on this journey?:hiya2:
Sorry for the LONG Post! I wrote too much...:blah::blah:
***already learning new phases from you ladies**** Wish you all HAPPY HAIR GROWING!!!!:gorgeous::fairy:
PS: :shocked:AMAZING PROGRESS :clap:for a lot of you ladies! But I have LD and Nice and Wavy stuck in my mind. What the heck ladies??? That's awesome growth! Congrats!:congrats:

-Hiya! Happy Growing!

ladies, i have a question about MT...

i'm trying to use it daily (secretly trying to be like LD), but was too tired to apply it to my entire scalp last night (i only got the front and sides done)... my questions are,

is it to much to apply it to the entire scalp twice in one day?

For instance, applying it in the morning, and then again that night? Kind of like what they tell you to do with birth controll... if you skip a day, double up the next...

Will it be too much for the scalp to handle in one day? Will it be uneffective and a waste of product?

(sorry, that was more than one question)

ladies, i have a question about MT...

i'm trying to use it daily (secretly trying to be like LD), but was too tired to apply it to my entire scalp last night (i only got the front and sides done)... my questions are,

is it to much to apply it to the entire scalp twice in one day?

For instance, applying it in the morning, and then again that night? Kind of like what they tell you to do with birth controll... if you skip a day, double up the next...

Will it be too much for the scalp to handle in one day? Will it be uneffective and a waste of product?

(sorry, that was more than one question)

Ya know, I've considered that. And - I don't know. I would worry that it might start to cause build-up if done regularly - you might have to halve your washing schedule, or something, assuming you don't wash daily.

I don't know. My initial reaction is :perplexed - but I don't have any concrete reasons why.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:So and??????? *sticks out tongue* Tanya is jealous because KPH have both:rolleyes::wallbash: Greedy butt!!!!:grin:

Hmmmmm....Anyone baggie with MT? I think I'm going to baggie over the weekend and see what's good.....

No, T....I wouldn't baggie with it. Don't use it on the length of your hair unless you are going to rinse out right away. Please....:yawn:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:So and??????? *sticks out tongue* Tanya is jealous because KPH have both:rolleyes::wallbash: Greedy butt!!!!:grin:

Hmmmmm....Anyone baggie with MT? I think I'm going to baggie over the weekend and see what's good.....

Oooh, I missed that! No, girl, I think that would be like baggying with Aphoghee :nono: :nono: :nono: Not good for the ends, which need moisture, more than anything else, ya know?

Originally Posted by Laka
:hiya3: fast growing hair ladies!:hiya:
I'm :newbie: and joined LHCF just to post on this thread!!!:yep: I would like to join the challenge! I found LHCF while searching for reviews and more information about the Ovation products, started reading the old thread created by TT8 and got myself addicted and amazed to see your results, and of course, the sisterhood. :grouphug3:I'm amazed to see how you girls are really willing to :help2: others achieve their hair care goals, this is really hard to see nowadays. :urock:

:hide:I have been "watching":peek2: you guys for a while now:sekret:, and THANK you DSD for the new thread, at least I was able to read ALL the posts on this one. Out of the 2000+ posts from the first thread, I think I got to read about 1,500...:bookworm:jeeez!...anyways, I would like to join you ladies on this OCT/MT journey and share some tips and also my progress using OCT/MT:pulpdance:. Btw, I LOVE these products!!!! :clapping:And I gotta say that, as a pharmacist/chemist, I'm very picky with what I put on my hair and skin....:perplexed

So, some more info about me....my hair is a mess (3b/3c/4a):hair:...completely mixed from my black/Brazilian and Italian background. I love being a "mix", but my hair was always a "pain" to me. So hard to take care of! lol...so I decided to do the Japanese straightening:crazy: thing and all my curls WERE GONE!:wallbash: I kind of miss them:sad:, but in the other hand I like how easier it is to take care of my hair now:yep:. BUT, in the other hand, my hair is really damaged (I've bee lazy the last year and not taking care of it properly) and not retaining length bc I always have to trim to get rid of the split ends. Not only that, I had Iron deficiency the last months and I LOST tons of hair:cry:. The Iron levels are back to normal now:yahoo:, but I'm still shedding:pullhair: :crying3:( I don't know if it's because the OCT/MT, cuz my health is very good right now.......Well, I'm serious about my hair now and I want it strong, thick again, long and healthy!!! So, can I join you ladies on this journey?:hiya2:
Sorry for the LONG Post! I wrote too much...:blah::blah:
***already learning new phases from you ladies**** Wish you all HAPPY HAIR GROWING!!!!:gorgeous::fairy:
PS: :shocked:AMAZING PROGRESS :clap:for a lot of you ladies! But I have LD and Nice and Wavy stuck in my mind. What the heck ladies??? That's awesome growth! Congrats!:congrats:

Welcome, Laka!!! Thanks for noticing....:grin:

Look forward to sharing with you in this thread and on the forum.

Blessings!

Oooh, I missed that! No, girl, I think that would be like baggying with Aphoghee :nono: :nono: :nono: Not good for the ends, which need moisture, more than anything else, ya know?

Ummm hmmmm. That's how I know you don't like me:lachen: J/k. NW caught me just in time. I was getting ready to shower/ wash/baggie. I checked my pm's and NW was like NOOOOOOOOOO don't:blush:

Last edited:
OK, Ladies! Growth is great and things are moving right along. Now I have been thinking about the shedding problem that everyone is having and I got to thinking, what are we doing wrong. Growth is increasing, we are dc'ing, garlic'ing (just made that up), and doing everything right so why are we shedding. And then I had a thought.

What are our diets like? It great that we are taking all of these nice supplements, taking garlic, throwing it in our hair, but if we are not replenishing our bodies with protein, minerals, the important nutrients, you hair will fall out. A poor diet can lead to hair loss, as well as stress, anxiety, and using the wrong products.

So with that said, please make sure that we are not only applying MT/OCT every night, but that everyday we are giving our bodies the necessary nutrients to maintain/encourage progress.

Just a thought.

OK, Ladies! Growth is great and things are moving right along. Now I have been thinking about the shedding problem that everyone is having and I got to thinking, what are we doing wrong. Growth is increasing, we are dc'ing, garlic'ing (just made that up), and doing everything right so why are we shedding. And then I had a thought.

What are our diets like? It great that we are taking all of these nice supplements, taking garlic, throwing it in our hair, but if we are not replenishing our bodies with protein, minerals, the important nutrients, you hair will fall out. A poor diet can lead to hair loss, as well as stress, anxiety, and using the wrong products.

So with that said, please make sure that we are not only applying MT/OCT every night, but that everyday we are giving our bodies the necessary nutrients to maintain/encourage progress.

Just a thought.

And a very good thought too:yep:
I take my supplements and drink about 54oz+ water a day. I will admit that I am on a rollercoaster with my diet. I hate carrying my own lunch to work but when I do I get more nutrients and I feel full. I have been recently forced to take my lunch to cut back on my spending, and I plan to keep this going.

Just a thought.

Great thought and I agree. I also know that when I was shedding in the beginning...my hair just kept getting thicker, not thinner and I wasn't taking any garlic anything. But, I did change my diet during that time and began to juice, so that could be why my shedding did stop.

Again...great thought!

My MT was waiting for me when I got home. :woot:
I hurried in the house, made a quick dinner and practically threw the dishes in the dishwasher. I then washed, DCd and Rinsed my hurr. By the way I washed with the Mega Tek Shampoo. Its not bad, but not sure if I like it either. I will have to use it a few more times. After all the water was out of my head, I put in the MT Rehydrant Spray and allowed my hair to airdry. I usually dry all the way at this point (with a little –leave –in) but I wanted to see how this stuff worked. I am very very very pleased with the way my hair looks and feels after it was fully dry. My hair is very fluffy and VERY SOFT. It feels very very light and I am loving it right now. After this I put in my MT mix on my scalp.

My mix is: in a 4.5 Oz bottle ( My empty Doo Gro bottle)
1.5 oz part my oil mix of (GrapeSeed Oil, EVOO, Almond Oil, and JoJoba Oil)
1oz part Doo Gro Stimulating Growth Oil
5 drops of Rosemary EO
4 -6 Tb of water
I then filled the rest of the bottle with the Rebuilder.
I put it in the microwave for about 20 seconds and the shook the bottle like crazy. It made a very nice smooth mixture.
I have this only on my scalp don’t feel any tingles or anything.(I am really intimidated by the stories about the itching and shedding so I hope that I wont).

Now I am sitting back waiting to feel my hair grow..

Thank you so much tt8 and errbody on this thread. I have never heard of MT/OCT before. I just love how soft my hair is and if it doesn’t make my hair grow, I would use it it any way because I just cannot get over how my hair is feeling right now.

I do have a question…Am I supposed to use the “a little goes a long way concept”?
How much is too much?

UPDATE:DAYUMM! I forgot to put in the honeyquat! I am adding that now since there is some space in the bottle about 1/2 oz of honeyquat.

Last edited:
I hurried in the house, made a quick dinner and practically threw the dishes in the dishwasher. I then washed, DCd and Rinsed my hurr. By the way I washed with the Mega Tek Shampoo. Its not bad, but not sure if I like it either. I will have to use it a few more times. After all the water was out of my head, I put in the MT Rehydrant Spray and allowed my hair to airdry. I usually dry all the way at this point (with a little –leave –in) but I wanted to see how this stuff worked. I am very very very pleased with the way my hair looks and feels after it was fully dry. My hair is very fluffy and VERY SOFT. It feels very very light and I am loving it right now. After this I put in my MT mix on my scalp.

5 drops of Rosemary EO
4 -6 Tb of water
I put it in the microwave for about 20 seconds and the shook the bottle like crazy. It made a very nice smooth mixture.
I have this only on my scalp don’t feel any tingles or anything.(I am really intimidated by the stories about the itching and shedding so I hope that I wont).

Thank you so much tt8 and errbody on this thread. I have never heard of MT/OCT before. I just love how soft my hair is and if it doesn’t make my hair grow, I would use it it any way because I just cannot get over how my hair is feeling right now.

I do have a question…Am I supposed to use the “a little goes a long way concept”?
How much is too much?

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: You should have seen me when my package arrived. My oldest daughter was like what's that? I was like nonya :rolleyes: and move out the way, while practically running to the kitchen to get something to rip the box open :lachen:and Ummmm, I'm guessing. Yea. A little goes a longgggggg way especially considering the fact this stuff is yummy and THICK:grin: but I"ll leave the experts to validate your question.

5 drops of Rosemary EO
4 -6 Tb of water

How much is too much?

Hmmm Ms PB, I feel your excitement already but I don't know if it's a good idea to heat your MT. I would probably just heat all the oils separately then add the MT and shake up for use. I don't know if the heat from the microwave might change the properties of the MT and that would be bad if after 3 months of using it this way and there is little to no growth :nono:. It could be why there was no tingle as well. This is just a thought though. Oh excellent recipe by the way.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: You should have seen me when my package arrived. My oldest daughter was like what's that? I was like nonya :rolleyes: and move out the way, while practically running to the kitchen to get something to rip the box open :lachen:and Ummmm, I'm guessing. Yea. A little goes a longgggggg way especially considering the fact this stuff is yummy and THICK:grin: but I"ll leave the experts to validate your question.

:lachen::lachen:Po baby she was thinking it was a secret present for her..an early Xmas gift....NOT...:lachen:

Tonight, I was about to do my mega saggin' thing and my sister takes a look at my new growth and asks me,

"Didn't you just relax your hair 2 weeks ago?"

and I say "yeah, why do you ask?".

She says , "Because your hair is all crinkly again at the new growth area."

and I say "Really?" and she says "Yeah, what are you doing to get it like that?"

and I say, "Hmmm, I think it must be my MT growing it in a little faster than normal"

and she goes "Hmm okay", but with a look that says "I'm eyeing you woman". I :grin:ned at her with this sheepish look on my face and went on with my mega saggin', feelin' all happy and fuzzy inside:yep:.

Tonight, I was about to do my mega saggin' thing and my sister takes a look at my new growth and asks me,

and I say "Really?" and she says "Yeah, what are you doing to get it like that?"

and I say, "Hmmm, I think it must be my MT growing it in a little faster than normal"

and she goes "Hmm okay", but with a look that says "I'm eyeing you woman". I :grin:ned at her with this sheepish look on my face and went on with my mega saggin', feelin' all happy and fuzzy inside:yep:.

You know it's on and poppin when "others" make such a fuss. I love it!!!

Hmmm Ms PB, I feel your excitement already but I don't know if it's a good idea to heat your MT. I would probably just heat all the oils separately then add the MT and shake up for use. I don't know if the heat from the microwave might change the properties of the MT and that would be bad if after 3 months of using it this way and there is little to no growth :nono:. It could be why there was no tingle as well. This is just a thought though. Oh excellent recipe by the way.

Oh right! See thatz why I love yall...always watching a sistas back...I'll do the oil first next time..then add the honeyquat, the EO, & H20, then the Rebuilder...

That's awesome! I can't wait to see your update photos in September!! Happy Growing!

Just a thought.

I feel you girly!! I don't really have any shedding except the norm. I workout everyday, take multi-vitamins, eat fruits/veggies, etc and feel great! I didn't really experience shedding with MT or OCT, so not sure if my overall diet contributes to that or the fact that I dilute it when applying.:ohwell: Im getting decent growth so I am good!:yep:

Okay ladies, after much thought, very careful consideration and talking it over with a friend. I have decided not to use OCT/MT. You ladies are expriencing great progress. :yep:

Since my current regimen is working for me, I am going to stick with it.

Thank you all for your support.

Happy hair growing.

Great thought and I agree. I also know that when I was shedding in the beginning...my hair just kept getting thicker, not thinner and I wasn't taking any garlic anything. But, I did change my diet during that time and began to juice, so that could be why my shedding did stop.

Again...great thought!

Very good thought...I eat healthy about 80% of the time: I eat lots of veggies and proteins and religiously take my vitamins and I work out (don't forget that, ladies). I think it's also important to manage our stress levels and take time to relax and get a good night's sleep... You know I haven't had the shedding problem. I thought shedding was normal? :perplexed:look: So when you ladies are referring to shedding, how much hair are we talking? When I cowash/wash or run my fingers through my hair occaisonally, I get maybe 10 shed hairs? I don't think that's a lot, I thought it was normal? So what exactly is abnormal?? :drunk:

Okay ladies, after much thought, very careful consideration and talking it over with a friend. I have decided not to use OCT/MT. You ladies are expriencing great progress. :yep:

Happy hair growing.

You have beautiful hair :lick: if it ain't broke...

:woot: MsHottie!!! Have you already figured out your moisturizing products to use with it?

:lachen: StellaB - girl, go to work!!!! Unless to trying to go out tomorrow night and floss yo' hair???? :look:

yes, if you mean for a dc- I"ve got my own recipe. and I"m using your SAA castor oil and vitamin E mix

Just wanted to share an update.

In some areas of my hair I have well defined coils (not waves, but curls). I've only been using MT for less than a month and I'm 10 weeks (2.5 months) post. The only time I've had full curls/coils was when I was 20 weeks (5 months) post.

I'll have progress pics sometime the first week of July.

Tis all.

Oh! It cured my dry ends too! :superbanana:

Hey guys, just wanted to thank you all so much for this wonderful information! I've been reading and following everything closely and I'm so inspired by everyone's journey!

Yesterday made day 2 of using MT. First night I applied it to my scalp (mixed it with a generous amount of coconut & castor oils). Second night I decided to use it as per the directions after my co-wash (been doing nightly cowashes for a while now). I co-washed with HE Hello Hydration, massaged my scalp, rinsed, then applied the MT to the entire length of my hair and let it sit for @ 5 mins. All I can say is WOOOOOW! When I rinsed it out, my hair had this AMAZING resilience and supple strength. I can't really describe it. Not a hardness like you get from other heavy protein products, but just an amazing change that you can SEE and FEEL. I have fine hair that can sometimes feel a little too soft after too many days of co-washing, and this stuff I can see will add a perfect balance of strength to my hair that I'm sure if I leave it as one of my staples, I'll never need a hardcore protein again. When I rinsed it out, I chased it with a little more HE for some slip and added moisture.

I put in HE LTR leave-in, Organix Coconut Milk Serum, MT to my scalp, and did a bantu knot out that looks divine this morning (I feel like Joan from Girlfriends lol). This stuff is NO joke. Even handling my wet hair was amazing. I saw NO broken hairs.

Last edited:
You know it's on and poppin when "others" make such a fuss. I love it!!!

Girl I love it too.

Oh right! See thatz why I love yall...always watching a sistas back...I'll do the oil first next time..then add the honeyquat, the EO, & H20, then the Rebuilder...

You're welcomed Ms. Puffy_Brown. I can't let my sistas lose out on their growth:nono:. I want us all to be celebrating some long hair by the end of the year.

That's awesome! I can't wait to see your update photos in September!! Happy Growing!

Thanks Mz.Shuz, I can't wait either.

Happy hair growing.

Hi AngelDoll, sorry you have to go but you have to do you and if your current regiment is working, then by all means continue it. Bye honey.

Hey guys, just wanted to thank you all so much for this wonderful information! I've been reading and following everything closely and I'm so inspired by everyone's journey!

Yesterday made day 2 of using MT. First night I applied it to my scalp (mixed it with a generous amount of coconut & castor oils). Second night I decided to use it as per the directions after my co-wash (been doing nightly cowashes for a while now). I co-washed with HE Hello Hydration, massaged my scalp, rinsed, then applied the MT to the entire length of my hair and let it sit for @ 5 mins. All I can say is WOOOOOW! When I rinsed it out, my hair had this AMAZING resilience and supple strength. I can't really describe it. Not a hardness like you get from other heavy protein products, but just an amazing change that you can SEE and FEEL. I have fine hair that can sometimes feel a little too soft after too many days of co-washing, and this stuff I can see will add a perfect balance of strength to my hair that I'm sure if I leave it as one of my staples, I'll never need a hardcore protein again. When I rinsed it out, I chased it with a little more HE for some slip and added moisture.

I put in HE LTR leave-in, Organix Coconut Milk Serum, MT to my scalp, and did a bantu knot out that looks divine this morning (I feel like Joan from Girlfriends lol). This stuff is NO joke. Even handling my wet hair was amazing. I saw NO broken hairs.

Sounds like another happy camper:grin: Where did you get the Organix Cocunut Milk Serum from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back