***Online Dating Support Thread***

^^Maybe the weather is bringing the crazies out. The guy I was referring to earlier about the convo dropping off just emailed me and said WHAT DO YOU DO? :perplexed: He emailed me early this morning and said he was just getting in from work so I asked what does he do and that was his response. :-/ A shame bc he's super cute. :ohwell:

^^Maybe the weather is bringing the crazies out. The guy I was referring to earlier about the convo dropping off just emailed me and said WHAT DO YOU DO? :perplexed: He emailed me early this morning and said he was just getting in from work so I asked what does he do and that was his response. :-/ A shame bc he's super cute. :ohwell:

Sorry but bwahahaha!

Did you guys already have a bit of conversation first? Cus that's one of those questions that needs to be phrased a certain way and not presented too early.

Sorry but bwahahaha!

Did you guys already have a bit of conversation first? Cus that's one of those questions that needs to be phrased a certain way and not presented too early.

See that's the thing, I know some guys (i.e. insecure ones) are sensitive about that. So I thought the fact that he said he was just getting in from work was the perfect opener for asking. But honestly, I'm not even entertaining that. Your profession or what do you do is one of the most basic questions. It's going to be asked at some point.

Last edited:
a2q7g9.jpg

Really, bruh?

:rofl:

Why oh why do older black men ALWAYS do this tired line: "hey/good morning, beautiful. How was your day?" Really? Is there some book/manual they are all reading? Did they all go to a seminar where someone told them that was a good way to approach a woman? Or is it just a "me" thing?

And dude looks like he's in his 40s when I put the age limit to 36.

This dude sent a message and in it he says "love the straight hair on you". My hair is different in pretty much all my pics (mostly wigs), but my profile pic is my natural hair in a twist out. And he has "fashionista" as his personality. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
^^ i remember going out with a guy who asked how i mostly wore my hair (like you, i had a different style in every pic) and said he liked it straight. i made sure to wear it as big & nappy as possible on our first and last date. don't know why i went out with him in the first place.:lol:

So, guy doesn't have a face pic in his profile. Instead, he sends them along with his message. Of course this is suspect, but he's not bad looking. I really don't want to continue on, but I'm sort of enjoying the conversation. Will this be a complete fail? Smh...

^^ i remember going out with a guy who asked how i mostly wore my hair (like you, i had a different style in every pic) and said he liked it straight. i made sure to wear it as big & nappy as possible on our first and last date. don't know why i went out with him in the first place.:lol:

:lol:

It was so off-putting. I mean, I guess you're entitled to your preference, but as I said, I don't really straight my hair much and that's not something that I would change to appease some dude. And, almost all of the straight hair pics are wigs, so I'm sure that'd been a whole 'nother gripe.

:lol: I have had my fair share of bald, Caribbean men :look: and while we've had other issues, none of them mean to me.

I think that guy was just an a**hole.

She was referencing the last dude I posted in the single ladies thread. The one that called me a "corny @ss b!tch".:lol: :look: These are the only two men I've shared with y'all. But they did look alike :look:

She was referencing the last dude I posted in the single ladies thread. The one that called me a "corny @ss b!tch".:lol: :look: These are the only two men I've shared with y'all. But they did look alike :look:

Ohhhh ok, gotcha.

I still can't believe that dude came at you like that. Loser.

:lol: I have had my fair share of bald, Caribbean men :look: and while we've had other issues, none of them mean to me.

I think that guy was just an a**hole.

Speaking of which, I actually try to avoid Caribbean men. Alot of the ones here think they are better than us "blacks". The attitude seems to be cultural or something. But most, if not all, that I've come in contact with can be condescending.

Speaking of which, I actually try to avoid Caribbean men. Alot of the ones here think they are better than us "blacks". The attitude seems to be cultural or something. But most, if not all, that I've come in contact with can be condescending.

Are these guys who grew up in the Caribbean? Just wondering because I haven't had that experience at all, but the guys I'm speaking of either were born in the Caribbean but grew up in the US or have only lived here.

Are these guys who grew up in the Caribbean? Just wondering because I haven't had that experience at all, but the guys I'm speaking of either were born in the Caribbean but grew up in the US or have only lived here.

Yep, the ones that were partially raised over there.

Come on now, ur too seasoned in online dating to fall for that. lol

Yes, yes, I know...which is why I stuck around to rib him a little. I'm bored at work ok? :cry3:

:lol:

Not at all. Just willing to tolerate them.

Now, would I be wrong to assume that bald, Caribbean mean are more likely to be meanies?
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/BillyMOA?cf=visitors

you can have this one

he bald and in kentucky. i aint in kentucky either so he seems to be open to a long distance relationship :look:

he sent me what is in my estimation an offensive message (not rude, but offensive in a way where a guy might stare at your face for a long moment and then comment on how your foundation doesnt match, that sort of thing) and seems flummoxed that i ignored it :lol:

FTlCIjV.jpg

:huh:

this is like the third weird message I got tonight. barely ten minutes ago got a "negging" message criticizing my photo. (i told him I was embarrassed for him and to go away :lol:) earlier got a message from a guy who looks and is dressed like a guy I dated two years ago except hes like forty lbs heavier, the hair is the wrong color, and hes in tennessee... and his looking for says "men for new friends"

:huh:

go home okcupid youre drunk

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/BillyMOA?cf=visitors

you can have this one

he bald and in kentucky. i aint in kentucky either so he seems to be open to a long distance relationship :look:

he sent me what is in my estimation an offensive message (not rude, but offensive in a way where a guy might stare at your face for a long moment and then comment on how your foundation doesnt match, that sort of thing) and seems flummoxed that i ignored it :lol:

Aww, man. I can't see it w/o an account.
I forgot that there are men out there who still do the negging thing. Like, wtf. Fortunately, I don't think it has ever happened to me. I feel kinda left out...

What's "negging"?
baiting a girl into responding to you by insulting her.

i have one photo up and mention "if you need more photos im not interested, peace out" because im not playing that picture game anymore and dont care to hear from guys who want to scrutinize a bunch of different photos. i get messages from time to time annoyed about that. i normally ignore them but it was 4 in the morning and i did not sleep at all last night so i felt like making him feel lame.

Bit the bullet and resubscribed to Match. I haven't been on since the summer so I'm accessing emails. One man looks like Bill Nye the science guy. :cry3:

And another one...

You are... Someone whom has similar qualities and interests as myself - is generally happy, optimistic, thoughtful, engaging, and enjoys the fun things that life has to offer along with someone who is and appreciates lots of affection, and romance, while having a great sense of humor and zest for life :-) P.S. If you are abstaining and/or saving your sexually for marriage, bless your heart. There is a special place in heaven for you but I won't be a good match :-)«

Last edited:
I'm noticing there are alot of "educated" men out here who can't spell. I cannot deal with you if you cannot spell.
I may make an exception. Some of these guys are transplants from a few countries in Africa. Perhaps English is not their first language. Honestly, i don't want to deal with a non-American because I'm really not interested in navigating cultures. Now I'm wondering if some of my deal breakers are not that serious.

^^There are times I actually have to go back and check their profile again bc I refuse to believe someone who's college educated can't spell or construct a proper sentence with punctuation. I truly don't get it. Maybe they are lying. lol

Back