***Online Dating Support Thread***

RbHIcCU.jpg

if i did want to date you this message made me not want to date you #cornball

I'm sure there's a corny Sue or Sally that's his match. Leave him be.

So I have been messaging back and forth with a few guys. Now a few of them have given me their phone number to call them (I have nothing against calling men, first, I actually prefer it) but now, I will not be able to juggle a few at a time, while online. How am I suppose to handle this? Actually, I feel like I am cheating on them but I had to remove that idea from my mind, that's how the game is played, right?

Yeeep, never got that pic. Told y'all something was up.

Every time I consider going back online, I'm immediately reminded of why I stopped. It's just not for me. These niccas play too many games and I am not here for it.

Well that was a given. I don't entertain profiles with no pics (there's a setting on pof to only allow users with a pic to contact you). It's only 1 of 2 things: 1) he's unattractive and 2) it's a quick ploy to get your number and he's still unattractive. :lol:

Well that was a given. I don't entertain profiles with no pics (there's a setting on pof to only allow users with a pic to contact you). It's only 1 of 2 things: 1) he's unattractive and 2) it's a quick ploy to get your number and he's still unattractive. :lol:
i rarely get messages from no pictures and i tend to ignore them on principle, but if i got a message that interested me and i wanted to know more, it would cost me nothing to just ask them to send a photo.

That's what I was saying but noooooo. Folks was all "just ask for one". :lol:

I'm throwing in the towel on online dating. Like someone else said I get the normal we message back and forth online then they ask for my number and either I do not ever hear from them or either they will text or call a couple of times---but its like pulling teeth.

Its just no hope with it or meeting someone genuine and thats real. It just seems like its a bunch of dudes that are just playing games.

Sooo. I created an OK Cupid profile. Just a few pics. Haven't filled out the complete profile stuff. I'm not really sure what to say to be honest. "Hi, I'm a homebody who spends most of her time either at work or on the internet watching Korean dramas or talking to ladies on a hair care forum. Oh and I like books." LMAO. Hope springs eternal right?

Sooo. I created an OK Cupid profile. Just a few pics. Haven't filled out the complete profile stuff. I'm not really sure what to say to be honest. "Hi, I'm a homebody who spends most of her time either at work or on the internet watching Korean dramas or talking to ladies on a hair care forum. Oh and I like books." LMAO. Hope springs eternal right?

:lachen: my kind of woman! :lol:

Paying sites are no better imo. I'm trying eharmony for discount for 3 months, i think they intentionally send me bad choice because they keeping trying already to get me to extend and add more money to get better prospects NOT I will be cancelling early.

3 messages in and I got hit with the old "how long have you been single". I hate this question because I don't think there's any way for me to answer that doesn't possibly throw up a red flag, and if I'm being completely honest, rightfully so.

I haven't been in committed relationship in a very, very long time. But I also haven't been anything close to a nun over that time either. :look:

3 messages in and I got hit with the old "how long have you been single". I hate this question because I don't think there's any way for me to answer that doesn't possibly throw up a red flag, and if I'm being completely honest, rightfully so.

I haven't been in committed relationship in a very, very long time. But I also haven't been anything close to a nun over that time either. :look:

For me its been 4 years, but I tell them "I've been dating since then but nothing serious."

Oan, I noticed that it never ever goes anywhere if I message a guy first. I only used to do that in order to get the guys attention. With 1,000s of users on the site from the same area, I'm sure sometimes I get missed. I'm trying to figure out a way to keep myself present w/o having to make any first moves.

My theory and just maybe I'm thinking crazy. I've had a lot of dudes checking out my profile but in the last week before valentine's day not one time have I've been contacted by anyone. I wonder if these dudes are backing off because they THINK that if they connect with anyone right now before valentine's day that we will be looking at like heyyyyy what's up? LOL

We will see tomorrow(Feb 15th) to see if I get any messages then I will prove my theory right.

Has anyone ever bothered to read the profiles of other [black] women in your area? Sometimes I think it's just me dealing with dating b.s., but nope lol

So funny how they've put their dating frustrations right there on their profiles. Under the section that asks about an idea for a first date, one woman was like "Dates do not exist anymore so what's the point" :lol:

Also the loooong lists of dealbreakers, "DO NOT CONTACT ME IF:..." :lol:

^figured that out a couple of years ago. now I just ignore everything besides a direct message.

I noticed a while back but I got bored and started browsing. What am I supposed to do if I see a cute whose profile I like?? And why is it that the guys I like rarely like me back?? I need to understand the disconnect so I can close the gap.

Day 10.

Asked for my number. Said I'd like to find out a bit more about him first. Told me my smile was 'killing him'. Told him don't die on me - haha. Told me if I don't give him my number he'd hang himself. :look: Silence. 1 hour later he let me know he was joking. Yep got that but not funny at all in fact maybe "I'm not right for you". Threatened to hang himself 'for real'. BLOCKED.

Its cool... I will get a date with a normal person by the end of the week.

^figured that out a couple of years ago. now I just ignore everything besides a direct message.

Second that. I have convos drop off from guys who actually email me first (just happened this morning in fact lol) so I never bother emailing first, especially if they viewed my profile and didn't say anything. I don't respond to those "such and such wants to meet you" notifications either bc I know they can directly message me if they really want to.

I noticed a while back but I got bored and started browsing. What am I supposed to do if I see a cute whose profile I like?? And why is it that the guys I like rarely like me back?? I need to understand the disconnect so I can close the gap.

Are you on POF? I have the option turned off to let users know I viewed their profile but if I want them to know I just turn it back on and look at their page again so they can see me lol. 9 times out of 10 they will see you and send an email if they're really interested. That's the most I do.

Last edited:
Back