***Online Dating Support Thread***

So in the middle of our conversation online this guy tells me that I'd be a match for his friend. He gives me his email address, then he tells me that his friend already seen my pics and he likes them, so now he can email me.

Umm, no.

So in the middle of our conversation online this guy tells me that I'd be a match for his friend. He gives me his email address, then he tells me that his friend already seen my pics and he likes them, so now he can email me.

Umm, no.

what in the world?? so was he online only to look for a match for his friend?? that wouldn't be a man (the friend) a woman would want. ugh these men and these games....

My friend mentioned this to me. How exactly does it work? You speak to one guy a day?

More so you get a pic and profile of one guy a day. And you either like or pass....if you like they send the guy a pic to see if he likes you back.

That's as far as I gotten. But I heard pretty good results.

Oh you only have one chance to like or pass the guy. You cant go back and change your mind later

I logged on to POF out of boredom awhile back, so now I'm getting messages again since they see I've been active recently.

Just got one from a guy whose profile sounded interest, message was decent/respectful but his pics are private. :ohwell: Uh, no dice.

come on now. just ask to see his photos.

:lol:

I've gotten burned that way more than once. Had a good conversation, seemed to vibe well then get that pic and it's like :look:. Then it makes it awkward cuz if you fade to black afterwards, they know exactly why. Even if I don't think someone is attractive, I don't want to make it obvious and hurt their feelings.

:lol:

I've gotten burned that way more than once. Had a good conversation, seemed to vibe well then get that pic and it's like :look:. Then it makes it awkward cuz if you fade to black afterwards, they know exactly why. Even if I don't think someone is attractive, I don't want to make it obvious and hurt their feelings.

That's why I like pof. Can't even message me if you don't have a pic.

Ok, he said he doesn't have a pic up because he's new to online dating and hasn't decided if he likes it yet. But he offered to email me some pics.

OAN, got a message from a dude whose profession is "being a Black man". :rolleyes: Good day, sir.

:lachen: I REFUSE with these negroes! :lachen:

h4Ifp84.jpg

this invitation is so direct and concise I feel compelled to accept it.

Sorry if this question has been asked many times already...

If you could only go on 1 dating site which would you choose between Okcupid, match, and POF?

If you could only go on 1 dating site which would you choose between Okcupid, match, and POF?
a lot of it depends on where you live tbh, but just choose whichever site where you get the most messages from the kind of guys youre interested in.

The volume on pof was better for me. But the quality on okc was better. I like pof website muuuch better though. They do a better job with filtering people who contact u. I don't want men over a certain age...or smokers...or no pic messaging me. POF keeps that out of ur inbox vs okc

yeah from what i can tell, a lot of guys are on ALL of the sites, so it might also help to choose the site whose interface you like best. ive seen the same guys from site to site.

are yall on one or both or all three? i am happy with what i get from the site i use so i dont feel the need to be on any of the other ones, but clearly some people do use more than one.

I never understood men who use 2-3 sites at the same time. I'll deactivate one, go to another and they'll hit me up all over again like we've never chatted before. smdh. I try to keep these things organized.

Back