***Online Dating Support Thread***

Match.com and their ethnicity preferences SMH How are you part black but prefer not to date black women? :lol: I always enjoy seeing the number of men who do not like black women. I wonder why that is??

This is why I stopped with match! Whenever a friend (usually white) suggests that I try this I just let them know that certain sites aren't for me. I am A-ok with that.

There *might* be potential with someone. I'll. I'm enjoying the conversation so far, but I'm so leery of guys with kids now. It just ruins it for me.

I thought that too at first, but I figured if it were prison, he'd already be locked up. They don't let black men stay out while awaiting a sentence around here. Bail? What's that. SMH

. It's possible lol. I had a guy who was locked up message me :-/ I was surprised to learn that they were able to use computers. He put on his profile that being in a relationship with him wouldn't be your average relationship because he's currently incarcerated.

Bless his heart. I wonder what kind of luck he's having...if any.

that byefelipe instagram is scary. I cant believe those men get so caught up in their feelings that they insult women.

I think I have an almost felipe moment. This guy is insulting my intelligence all because I said being a catholic and a humanist could be misconstrued as a conflict of interest. He has been blocked.

I wish I could post a screenshot here but im on my laptop

Are any of you ladies finding profiles that reference the book 50 shades (BDSM, Mr Gray and non-vanilla)? Maybe i'm too sensitive but this is alarming to me. I haven't read the book or watched the movie. The guys obviously assume all women have. Even Christian profiles :nono:

People are entitled to their preferences but Where is the discretion? Isnt this the discussion you have with your partner and not at the dating stages?

Last edited:
This is why I stopped with match! Whenever a friend (usually white) suggests that I try this I just let them know that certain sites aren't for me. I am A-ok with that.

I just found a needle in a haystack on lovestruck. A handsome and accomplished white man looking for a black woman. He clearly states on his profile that darker skin is his preference. No apologies. I'm not picking up fetish vibes. I'm not going to give away his username :look: :lachen:

I'm taking a break. Online dating is so tiring. Reading messages, shifting through horrible messages, blocking losers, go out on potential amazing dates only to have these dudes be awkward as hell. Yeah I need a lil breather. I have a rotation right now that I will maintain or just drop all together.

In great new I got a promotion!

im taking kind of a break too bc i cant be bothered to respond to messages but i am going to continue to collect potential suitors.

I just found a needle in a haystack on lovestruck. A handsome and accomplished white man looking for a black woman. He clearly states on his profile that darker skin is his preference. No apologies. I'm not picking up fetish vibes. I'm not going to give away his username :look: :lachen:

Stating a skin tone preference? That would make me not interested from the jump...

When he states darker skin what is his tone range?

:rofl: so innocent. inmates now have internet access. some even have phones. my Facebook friend is always posting pics of her skyping with her brother. this dude is not dying.:rofl.

:rofl: so innocent. inmates now have internet access. some even have phones. my Facebook friend is always posting pics of her skyping with her brother. this dude is not dying.:rofl.

Actually, I was curious and sent him a message and asked what was going on. he said has stage 4 colon cancer.

He also mentioned that he "used to be gay". I'm not sure what else he has since I don't think colon cancer is a result of how you "choose to live your life." I blocked him so I can't be bothered.

Last edited:
Does anyone else get suspicious when they see professional photos on a dating site?

Like maybe the person is trying to catfish you?! Lol

not necessarily. i see that a lot where i am for some reason, professional headshots. i think they usually have them for work and for some reason put them on their okc

im talking to a guy finishing up his mba at northwestern before working at a top consulting firm who just got back from three months in spain studying abroad and yet... the conversation is wanting :lol:

He kept sending me message after message so I finally decided to right back.

image-1434372257.jpg

Dude had multiple pictures with his gun, multiple pictures of stacks of money, pictures of money next to his guns and can't understand why he wouldn't be someone's type lol smh The conversation thread is too long to post cuz he responded with an essay explaining himself. "I have pictures of my guns so ppl know not to **** with me. " "I have pictures of my money so ppl know I'm not struggling" I can not.

He did take down the drug money and gun pictures though So maybe he learned something

Last edited:
Stating a skin tone preference? That would make me not interested from the jump...

When he states darker skin what is his tone range?

:lachen:Tone range? His username states his preference. According to his profile he is 'turning over a new leaf' and 'wants a lovely dark skinned woman' as a romantic partner. I can see how this can be seen as off putting.

My question is why would anyone use a paying site to fulfill fetishes? Its easier and cheaper to use the free sites.

Meeting face to face is the best way to determine whether he is expanding his options or he is a white woman's castaway. He has only winked at me so for now im not 100% interested :grin:

Stating a preference is not that much of a turn off to me. I have tried to do it in the past when I first started online dating using the free sites but it only attracted abuse from men that did not meet my preference.

I've come across a good deal of men and women's profiles that state racial preferences.

i automatically discount a man who states any sort of racial preference whether it includes me or not. #nahson. i'll pass.

Last edited:
Actually, I was curious and sent him a message and asked what was going on. he said has stage 4 colon cancer. He also mentioned that he "used to be gay". I'm not sure what else he has since I don't think colon cancer is a result of how you "choose to live your life." I blocked him so I can't be bothered.
Maybe the AIDS *ducks*

Back