***Online Dating Support Thread***

Well I have been on POF since December. Put myself on hidden a couple times. So on Saturday I met this one guy on there that lives in Columbia SC, he's 37, no kids, single, Military career, house, motorcycle, car, college educated with a masters degree. So the first time we spoke I just didn't have a good feeling and it was like we were going to bat and I just felt it wasn't going to work. So right at the end of the convo we were planning to meet and I told him well I would prefer for him to come down to ATL since he mentioned earlier that distance wasn't a issue. I just didn't really get a good feeling and I told him on the first convo some of the things that we were discussing shouldn't even be discussed---roles of men and women, ex's, etc. It was just too much.

So I went and ran some errands and he called back but this time the convo was totally better and more light hearted. He's planning to come down next weekend to visit and for us to meet.

Also another thing was kind of funny was that he deleted his profile and told me because he really liked me and wanted to focus on one another and getting to know one another and he asked if I could do the same. Then he also on the next day he starts calling me little names like babe, love, boo etc. I already mentioned it to him about the names because we don't know each other like that.

I just feel like on some things he is telling me everything I want to hear. He doesn't have any social media but had a POF page. He says his dad and mom have been married for 40 something years and that he's the youngest and just has a older sister. Also his father is a Deacon of a church.

He texts me at 5:30 in the morning for last couple mornings, calls consistently, texts throughout the day. Then he told me yesterday that he prayed and that he knows this will work. Its just too perfect.

It just seems a little too unbelievable.

DanitheBee yes I've tried googling and nothing comes up just like I tried his mother and sister name that he gave me last night.

Yea I'm going to go with my instincts. I think its crazy the way it switched up that quickly after we spoke on Saturday to a different type of conversation. And just little things that I've noticed as well.

He's sent me pics of him in his uniform with his last name so I've tried searching.

Y'all I did the worst thing ever!!!!!!!!! I have a non-serious fun buddy. I accidentally sent a dirty text to my OKC date that was meant for the fun buddy!! I just knew there was no recovery so I blocked OKC guy and deleted my account. I can't believe I did that!!! We were going on our first date Friday and I really liked him so far!

Y'all I did the worst thing ever!!!!!!!!! I have a non-serious fun buddy. I accidentally sent a dirty text to my OKC date that was meant for the fun buddy!! I just knew there was no recovery so I blocked OKC guy and deleted my account. I can't believe I did that!!! We were going on our first date Friday and I really liked him so far!

Lmao!!! Im sorry thats funny.

It is :lol: I can't believe this happened to me!! That white boy probably got the shock of his life. My last text before that was about how much I love red velvet cake :lol:

LMBO @ BGT girl yea you can't come back from that one.

DanitheBee Yea he already booked his room so we shall see if he doesn't push me away in the next couple of weeks. He's a Kappa so I'm trying to see if I can get some info that way. I know a few and a Kappa Sweetheart and she knows ALOT of them. So I'm trying to really dig and do some research about him.

BGT :lol: Damn!! I was just about to respond and tell you not to delete your profile - your message might have worked in your favor! But now I totally get it. :ohwell: Sorry, girl!

Last edited:
Far away guy spoiled me with his great conversation skills. I was having so much fun, but then it just ended. He seemed too good to be true, anyway. Now, I'm bored.

I'm reeling over something like this right now and it's the second time it's happened to me. It's always the ones I have a great connection with; or at least I thought so. :ohwell: Oh well, I guess it was a blessing in disguise. I'd rather it happen before actually meeting and they pull the disappearing act or even worse after sleeping with them.

i think the guy ive been talking with for a few weeks is about to ask me out for this weekend, but im not ready to meet anyone new yet. im so not in date mode right now. time to lie and make up some plans. im getting so bored with responding to messages that im starting to make stuff up. like when they ask stupid questions about hobbies or what type of music you like. i told one guy i was trained in tap dance :rofl: and made up some crap about music festivals. like who cares thats such a boring question. reality: i like to stay home and read the hunger games and become utterly depressed about how no one loves me like peeta loves katniss. but you dont really want to know that do you?

i got a message from another guy on okcupid. was just about to "like" his profile when he messaged me. so im obviously interested but dont feel like replying either :lol:

every now and again i'll get my period and it will be accompanied with incredibly horrible mood alterations. i'll either become unreasonably irritable where nothing soothes me, or irrationally depressed for no reason. im having one of those periods right now. most of the time they're bearable but sometimes like now theyre so bad i teeter on the verge of suicidal for no. damn. reason. thats how out of control my feelings/hormones get. i have got to figure out a way to control this because i cannot have my life completely stop once every month.

i think the guy ive been talking with for a few weeks is about to ask me out for this weekend, but im not ready to meet anyone new yet. im so not in date mode right now. time to lie and make up some plans. im getting so bored with responding to messages that im starting to make stuff up. like when they ask stupid questions about hobbies or what type of music you like. i told one guy i was trained in tap dance :rofl: and made up some crap about music festivals. like who cares thats such a boring question. reality: i like to stay home and read the hunger games and become utterly depressed about how no one loves me like peeta loves katniss. but you dont really want to know that do you?

LMAO! Kinda how I feel right now too. How am I? Well, Random POF Guy, not so great. I'm reeling over someone dumping me and I'm hoping maybe you can take my mind off him. But that's not really what you want to hear, right? :lol:

I need to take a break from life. How do men do this ish? Like just move on with zero flucks to give. :nono:

BGT, I thought deleting the profile was a bit extreme, but now I see why! OMG! :shocked:

Well, I have another wave of messages to go through. Quite a few Turkish men. I think I remember reading a thing about Turkish men on here. :scratchch I replied to one who is local. I've been putting off dates because I needed to do my hair, and needed a whole day off for that. I'm almost ready.

LMAO! Kinda how I feel right now too. How am I? Well, Random POF Guy, not so great. I'm reeling over someone dumping me and I'm hoping maybe you can take my mind off him. But that's not really what you want to hear, right? :lol:

I need to take a break from life. How do men do this ish? Like just move on with zero flucks to give. :nono:

i dont think a lot of them do. ive seen tons of guys be online dating while still completely hung up on an ex girlfriend. but i do think they can snap back quicker if they meet someone they think is better/can provide whatever theyre looking for. we stay pining over a dude that is a ship looooong gone :lol:

i think men have intense but quick emotional fallouts.

Wooooooowwwwwwwww lmaoooooo At what angle? :look: :lol:
Full on, fully waxed, and clearly aroused. At least it was the best looking kitty pic I ever took. :lol:

ETA: i'm glad I have y'all because I could never discuss this with my friends!

i just got a message from an asian guy. wow. ive probably gone out with thirty or forty guys i met online and only been messaged by an asian guy like two or three times. nice.

Lmao CaraWalker I'm a lurker but you're my bff in my head.

Since I'm here, I ran across some fitness chick on Instagram and much to my surprise, the "love of her life" tried to holla at me on pof about two or three months ago. Scrolling through their profiles, they were together at the time. We exchanged numbers but something didn't seem right and Im not really into yellow guys so I stopped talking to him. He's fine as hell but clearly my instincts were dead on. Oh, she's a white girl too...

Instincts ladies, instincts.

Lmao CaraWalker I'm a lurker but you're my bff in my head. Since I'm here, I ran across some fitness chick on Instagram and much to my surprise, the "love of her life" tried to holla at me on pof about two or three months ago. Scrolling through their profiles, they were together at the time. We exchanged numbers but something didn't seem right and Im not really into yellow guys so I stopped talking to him. He's fine as hell but clearly my instincts were dead on. Oh, she's a white girl too... Instincts ladies, instincts.
hahaha thnx. that dude sounds like a straight up hound.

i said in the other thread that february is bad for online dating. i got only a handful of messages last month and four today. everybody is miserable in stupid cold february :lol:

Full on, fully waxed, and clearly aroused. At least it was the best looking kitty pic I ever took. :lol:

ETA: i'm glad I have y'all because I could never discuss this with my friends!

BGT I'm sorry but this made me
:lachen: !!! Don't worry about OK cupid dude, you will find someone else soon :yep: Just curious, was it an iPhone? My old boss used to always text me instead of her husband by accident...nothing dirty Thank God, I would have been traumatized.

BGT I'm sorry but this made me :lachen: !!! Don't worry about OK cupid dude, you will find someone else soon :yep: Just curious, was it an iPhone? My old boss used to always text me instead of her husband by accident...nothing dirty Thank God, I would have been traumatized.

Yes I have an iPhone but he had an android. It's funny because for weeks I have been having problems sending regular texts vs iMessages. I'd have to resend over and over again for them to go through. But of course this one goes through in 2 seconds!!!

How come I didn't know about this??????

Attachments

• image-2574216305.jpg
    image-2574216305.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 157
Well I have been on POF since December. Put myself on hidden a couple times. So on Saturday I met this one guy on there that lives in Columbia SC, he's 37, no kids, single, Military career, house, motorcycle, car, college educated with a masters degree. So the first time we spoke I just didn't have a good feeling and it was like we were going to bat and I just felt it wasn't going to work. So right at the end of the convo we were planning to meet and I told him well I would prefer for him to come down to ATL since he mentioned earlier that distance wasn't a issue. I just didn't really get a good feeling and I told him on the first convo some of the things that we were discussing shouldn't even be discussed---roles of men and women, ex's, etc. It was just too much. So I went and ran some errands and he called back but this time the convo was totally better and more light hearted. He's planning to come down next weekend to visit and for us to meet. Also another thing was kind of funny was that he deleted his profile and told me because he really liked me and wanted to focus on one another and getting to know one another and he asked if I could do the same. Then he also on the next day he starts calling me little names like babe, love, boo etc. I already mentioned it to him about the names because we don't know each other like that. I just feel like on some things he is telling me everything I want to hear. He doesn't have any social media but had a POF page. He says his dad and mom have been married for 40 something years and that he's the youngest and just has a older sister. Also his father is a Deacon of a church. He texts me at 5:30 in the morning for last couple mornings, calls consistently, texts throughout the day. Then he told me yesterday that he prayed and that he knows this will work. Its just too perfect. It just seems a little too unbelievable.

bluediamond0829He probably is. Please, please read the how to spot a narcissist thread and compare what he's saying with the red flags.

Last edited:
Yes I have to check into that thread because I just think he's a little much. He seems genuine but he is just laying it on really thick. I would hate for us to even meet and him and to see him on a level 100. I mean sometimes we can have some good convos and he can be really nice to talk to but I'm not losing sight of how thick he is laying it on right now.

Back