***Online Dating Support Thread***

Did this man really tell me he put the mother of his son out on Thanksgiving!? Said he was tired of her not participating in family activities and told her at the table in front of the whole family "It's time for you to go, get the hell out of my house"

I hope you're running far, far away...

I hope you're running far, far away...

Please believe.... playing field is down to 4. after we got off the phone i sent him a text saying that i didnt think we had much in common and i was no longer interested. such a shame....he recognized the greatness of Andre 's verse on TI 's song Sorry, what a waste :lol:

attachment.php

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• edited swirlfool.jpg
    edited swirlfool.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 445
ok ima need to know whether or not people seriously use pof. ninety percent of dudes im seeing here have a high school education and work in labor vocations. im not trying to offend anybody but this looks like utter garbage. i cannot imagine how long it would take to find a suitable potential from this bunch.

maybe i might let it run passively but im going back to okcupid :lol: im not bout this blue collar life.

CaraWalker I don't know if it's different depending on location but I only talk to guys with a bachelor's or higher. The last guy I dated from there had a master's . I'd say looking in my inbox, it's 40% high school, 30% "some college", and 30% higher education. In my area, I think okcupid sucks and Match is in the middle. Have you tried Match?

in my city, on okcupid, i would say it's about 90% bachelors or masters+, and 50/50 each. so seeing so many high school diplomas is a huge change. like, i literally almost never get a message from a guy on okcupid who doesnt have a college degree. some of them could be lying, but they usually have the career to back it up.

eta: on the profiles i look back at anyway. if i get a message from a guy that is something stupid, i dont even look at the profile and just delete it.

Last edited:
Moving on to a new guy on OKC. 27, no kids, graduating in May with his 3rd degree! And called me twice yesterday just to talk. So far he's a winner!

And he has a full beard!

It's nice when things are going well, great conversation, sitting on the phone for hours (and I hate talking on the phone) but it makes me wary when it's so good before the first date...going to an old school party on Fri, guess I'll find out if I'm losing another player or not :lol:

I have a habit of googling names when they respond to my profile. Today I got a link to an instagram of a white woman lover. One of the captions read "When you walk into a party and there are no white women" I called him out.

I googled another name and a wedding registry for a wedding next summer popped up. I called him on it as well I'm waiting for a reply.

Moving on to a new guy on OKC. 27, no kids, graduating in May with his 3rd degree! And called me twice yesterday just to talk. So far he's a winner! And he has a full beard!

Another three hour phone conversation and now we're going on a date Friday!

Another three hour phone conversation and now we're going on a date Friday!

Had a great date even though we had to go through three restaurants. Ended up trying a gourmet burger joint he'd been to before. Very funny guy, and cute too. I'd go out with him.

How am I just now discovering this thread?! So it's been almost three months since I broke up with my boyfriend and decided to give online dating a try. I'm on POF :-/ and Tinder :-/ No luck so far lol

Last edited:
Ok so I've been talking to this dude from pof for maybe two weeks now and finally felt like I was interested in actually meeting him.

I suggested that we go see a movie and the day of our date he hits me up like "sorry I know you wanted to see a movie but i don't have the budget for that this weekend" okay whatever. I said that I could pay for my own ticket if he still wanted to go but he suggested that we do something else but had the nerve to ask what else I had in mind. Sir, if you don't have the budget to spend 20 dollars for a movie then no. I have nothing in mind that fits your budget. Smh.

So I hit him up today to see what he was up to in hopes to be able to meet him. I was on his side of town and suggested that he meet me at the mall. He goes "I'll have to see if I'll have the car" so I'm like ?? you're profile says you have a car. He talkin bout "it broke down awhile ago and i don't have the money to get it fixed. I'm sharing my moms car"

Idk. I seriously think I want to be done.

Ok so I've been talking to this dude from pof for maybe two weeks now and finally felt like I was interested in actually meeting him.

I suggested that we go see a movie and the day of our date he hits me up like "sorry I know you wanted to see a movie but i don't have the budget for that this weekend" okay whatever. I said that I could pay for my own ticket if he still wanted to go but he suggested that we do something else but had the nerve to ask what else I had in mind. Sir, if you don't have the budget to spend 20 dollars for a movie then no. I have nothing in mind that fits your budget. Smh.

So I hit him up today to see what he was up to in hopes to be able to meet him. I was on his side of town and suggested that he meet me at the mall. He goes "I'll have to see if I'll have the car" so I'm like ?? you're profile says you have a car. He talkin bout "it broke down awhile ago and i don't have the money to get it fixed. I'm sharing my moms car"

Idk. I seriously think I want to be done.

Uhhh...I'm gonna need you to KNOW you're done, there are multiple things wrong here.

Last edited:
Ok so I've been talking to this dude from pof for maybe two weeks now and finally felt like I was interested in actually meeting him. I suggested that we go see a movie and the day of our date he hits me up like "sorry I know you wanted to see a movie but i don't have the budget for that this weekend" okay whatever. I said that I could pay for my own ticket if he still wanted to go but he suggested that we do something else but had the nerve to ask what else I had in mind. Sir, if you don't have the budget to spend 20 dollars for a movie then no. I have nothing in mind that fits your budget. Smh. So I hit him up today to see what he was up to in hopes to be able to meet him. I was on his side of town and suggested that he meet me at the mall. He goes "I'll have to see if I'll have the car" so I'm like ?? you're profile says you have a car. He talkin bout "it broke down awhile ago and i don't have the money to get it fixed. I'm sharing my moms car" Idk. I seriously think I want to be done.

What in the hell!?!

Girl you're stooping, my 9 year old can afford a movie ticket. I'm sick of these negroes w/o a car! My dear father has a quote and I advise you to take heed:

"If you're going to fvck up, FVCK UP!"

Is this man going to upgrade you on any front? Monetarily? Socially? ****... He can't even provide enough for a date. Move ON.

Uhhh...I'm gonna need you to KNOW you're done, there are multiple things wrong here.

It's like that comedian who made fun of Toni Braxton's song "7 whole days and not a word from you...I think I'm just about through."

Like what do you mean just about through? You need to be through lol

Omg I'm cracking up. My friend made a similar point about the middle school students I teach being able to cough up the money for a movie lol.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to write him off because he's the type that's in church every Sunday, bible study on Wednesdays, devotion every morning etc. And I've never dated anyone who was that serious about their relationship with God.

But I just can't get past not having money for the movies. Not dinner and a movie. Just a movie. That's just going to keep bothering me.

I really wish I had found this thread sooner because these pof atlanta men really leave me with stories to share lol

Back