***Online Dating Support Thread***

Am I the only one stuck on him suggesting that they just use oil?:perplexed

Noooooo. I dont understand why they couldnt go to the store.:nono: She believes at her age she wont get pregnant. It will happen. Our buddie had a baby at 43 this month!

The money is suprising because she is stingy. Once we went out and someone was short a dollar and her words were" if you aint got it then you don't need to do it."

What in blue blazes...........:lachen: How can someone be that stupid? How the heck she blaming you because she got played like a piano? I would be so embarrassed to even tell anyone that story then she has the nerve to say you owe her money? Man, her feelings would have been HURT if she had called me up with that nonsense. HURT I tell you.:nono:

I know that's right!! :yep:

What the hell happened to personal accountability? And she's 45 friggin' years old?? SMDH.

So...guys 2 and 3 are out. Intelligent/artsy guy totally creeped me out with a txt out of nowhere fantasizing about "crawling in bed with daddy after mommy leaves for work and let daddy touch you" WTF :barf:

guy 3 (the perfect one) started talking about panties, taking me panty shopping, what panties do you have on, on like day 3:nono:

My first experience with psycho freaks (not too bad considering how long I've been at this), both blocked and deleted:yep:

Still dating guy 1 and chatting with the guy from work. I might see guy from work this weekend...we might be at the same spot sat night. I'm kind of nervous about that!

This old white guy sent me a simple message.........
'Do you really think you'll get all that in one man?'
My first thought was, 'No, probably not'.
i just want the basics. I'm not asking for anything that I don't have but it seems men just ain't got it anymore.

I have been messaging someone that sounds really nice but his occupation, Plasterer, is a turn off. I casually asked him about his work and he said that years ago he saw someone doing it and thought he'd like to do that. Well, that's ambition for you!
Am I a snob for turning him down?

My brother once told me that these days I'm going to have to go for someone who is going to be really nice to you rather than the full package. The ones that seem to have it all are flunked in the head.........mmmm.....just like my ex.........

@Bublin what's on your list of what you're looking for?

INNSMOM
I'm looking for someone like me (or is that where I am going wrong?)

- Professional/good career
- A car
- I don't mind if he has children or not
- Is living by himself (I don't mind if he is renting)
- Doesn't use text type writing in his messages.
- Good sense of humour etc etc

With some of the guys, after a few messages and choice questions, it turns out they are actually unemployed or are 're-training' OR they have embellished the title of their occupation. For example one guys states his occupation was a Technician. I ask him what that means. He says he owns a hair salon. I ask him if he is a barber. He says 'yes' :ohwell::lachen::nono:.
Their profiles say they have a car but again, on speaking to them they have 'recently' sold it.

What has happened to men?

I heard 3rd hand that Heather and her brother took their paychecks today and went to NY. So this means they haven't paid bills again. :ohwell:

Heather is hoping to find this man but he took his profile off POF,the cell phone was pre-paid,the address may not be the correct one. She has nothing to even prove the details of what she said happen.:nono: She and her brother are planning to fight and hurt someone until they find this dude. Im expecting bad news.

Heather went off last night and was taken to ER due a panic attack. She started regretting her sexcapade with the POF dude. She did some unclean acts and think she may have caught a few STD's. She did have a yeast infection and was dehydrated and was released after 6 hours.

This is too much :sad: but now the young man that has told me this mess 3rd hand started a profile on POF hoping to get a come up on some lonely woman. But he's decided he would target fat lonely white women.:nono:

I heard 3rd hand that Heather and her brother took their paychecks today and went to NY. So this means they haven't paid bills again. :ohwell:

Heather is hoping to find this man but he took his profile off POF,the cell phone was pre-paid,the address may not be the correct one. She has nothing to even prove the details of what she said happen.:nono: She and her brother are planning to fight and hurt someone until they find this dude. Im expecting bad news.

Heather went off last night and was taken to ER due a panic attack. She started regretting her sexcapade with the POF dude. She did some unclean acts and think she may have caught a few STD's. She did have a yeast infection and was dehydrated and was released after 6 hours.

This is too much :sad: but now the young man that has told me this mess 3rd hand started a profile on POF hoping to get a come up on some lonely woman. But he's decided he would target fat lonely white women.:nono:

da fuq? i dont miss online dating at all!:sad::nono:

SUPER SWEET said:

What in the world?!!!

Well this isn't an online story but the other relationship thread is closed :(

I played ditch day from work yesterday (not really cause I did my hours already lol) and went to the movies with a coworker(we always IM and talk at work....he un officially adopted me as his mentee about 2/3 months ago; we crack each other up). After the movies he said how he has to start avoiding me. When I asked why he said because he likes me and really enjoys spending time with me and that he has a carnal attraction to me and I throw him off center. And he's really focused on his career right now and I distract him. Totally didn't expect that convo at that moment. Lol

Bublin said:
Yes, she's losing it over this guy. She needs to let it go and put it down to experience.

Glamour has an article in the October issue : One in 10 Guys Dating Online Is a Fake. Maybe homegirl should read it lol

Hey guys, finally ventured over here. Just started getting messages...first message from two guys "Hi, I'm interested...Can we exchange numbers? My number is ..."

I thought generally we would at least talk back and forth on the site or exchange emails initially (I have an anonymous email I will give them). I don't want several guys to have my cell and text me if I don't even know if I'm interested. What do you all do?

Supersweet. This Heather must be mentally unstable.
She hasn't shown that everrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:ohwell: Prior to this slum of dating, she was the one giving men a run for their money.
Yes, she's losing it over this guy. She needs to let it go and put it down to experience.

I think it's her brother, 1800.00,embarrassment and shame that's fueling this behavior.
Everyone is buzzing in the streets about what happen to her.:nono:And people are putting out the crazy ideas. The worse idea was shooting up that home that Heather THINKS that she visited or capturing one of the people going in and out.
I had to ask their cousin did Heather have clear vision at 2am to know what street,house, ect she was on.....Heck all the drinking may have clouded her judgement and who knows what he slipped her.:nono::nono:

I am waiting for her to call to tell they are safe....

^^^Why is she telling everyone? If that happened to me I would not be advertising that mess....it's embarrassing. So the streets know she has an STD too???
Noone can help her and her brother needs to stop fueling.

Hey guys, finally ventured over here. Just started getting messages...first message from two guys "Hi, I'm interested...Can we exchange numbers? My number is ..."

I thought generally we would at least talk back and forth on the site or exchange emails initially (I have an anonymous email I will give them). I don't want several guys to have my cell and text me if I don't even know if I'm interested. What do you all do?

DreamLife Generally if a guy gives you his phone number in the first message he is not really interested in you. He is probably sending out 20 messages a day like that to see if any women take the bait.

Yes, it's best practice to message back and forth, ask questions and get a feel for their personality first. This can be over the course of a evening, a day or even a week. Just depends on the flow.

DreamLife Generally if a guy gives you his phone number in the first message he is not really interested in you. He is probably sending out 20 messages a day like that to see if any women take the bait.

Yes, it's best practice to message back and forth, ask questions and get a feel for their personality first. This can be over the course of a evening, a day or even a week. Just depends on the flow.

Thanks Bublin. I'm pretty new to this. Did online dating a WHILE ago for a few months, went on one bad date and was done (it was bad!), so this is the second try. Yeah I didn't feel comfortable, and I was thinking we haven't even had a " "tell me about yourself" conversation yet so why would you give me your number already?

I gave one the anonymous email and the other I didn't reply to.

^^^Personally I don't see the point in giving out a personal email because you would be doing the same thing as on the site itself, messaging each other.

Bublin that makes sense. I had already done it before I posted in the thread. LOL if he didn't take the time out to communicate on the site, I'm sure he won't be emailing. I'm going to have to research this thread before I do something else silly so I can know all of the do's and don'ts.

I was going to hang out with guy 1 (casual date guy from pof) after meeting up with some friends tonight. Well, through a comedy of errors and miscommunication, I didn't meet up with the friends and instead ended up hanging out with the guy from my job.

We ended up in this club which we began calling gangstaz paradise:lol: because it was so ratchet(this was not planned but was part of the comedy of errors,lol) and then it was late so we went out for breakfast. I just got home an hour ago. I had a really good time, probably the best date I've been on in my whole post divorce dating journey:yep:

Back