One Tip - No Repeat

Just because your relaxed doesnt mean you have to skip the natural threads. Natural knowledge aids in stretching.

Sckri23 from my SCH-I500 using LHCF

Make your own cleansing conditioner using baking soda and a clarifying conditioner

Enjoy your hair. No point having hair hidden year round. Release it sometimes, "occasionally" will not harm your hair.

If you're veteran to hair care, there's nothing wrong with "re-educating" yourself on healthy hair practices. Look at Youtube videos and visit the newbie threads here on the site. Sometimes you can stumble upon surprising yet useful information.

Practice with the tension method and cold air blow drying after washes can reduce the need to flat iron. ETA: Also speeds up air drying.

Last edited:
Monaleezza said:
Enjoy your hair. No point having hair hidden year round. Release it sometimes, "occasionally" will not harm your hair.

Thank you ,some people seem so scared to let their hair "breathe".

Don't massage waxy ,heavy products on the ends it can cause breakage

Last edited:
When on airplanes, cover your hair (wig, scarf, cap, etc) to protect your hair and scalp from WHATEVER is on the seat's headrest.

super detangler: apply moisturizing conditioner to hair using the shingle(?) method then pour oil on top, comb will glide thru the hair.

- Enjoying one’s hair does not necessitate that it be worn loose or in a specific style; there is plenty of pleasure to be had from a banging bun, ponytail or updo.

- If your hair is fine and prone to tangle, be wary of braided and twisted styles because they may encourage knots to form.

If you want to dc with heat but don't have a dryer wrap Saran wrap around your hair and then place a plastic cap on top. It helps trap body heat.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. *sigh* auto correct

If your dc and leave in is the same, save on product by dcing then airdry (or blow dry)

And cholesterol is a protein. Don't forget

If head scarves don't work for you, tip: Sew a silk/satin scarf or piece of material on to the backs of your pillowcases, then you can flip the pillow at night and your hair will be resting on the silk or satin material.

Knowing your hair properties saves money. Don’t just try products because someone else’s hair looks like yours. Try stuff based on matching hair properties like density and porosity.

Never attempt to cut/trim your hair when you are deep into a stretch. Your new growth is potentially different lengths all over your head. Either wait til your relaxer to trim, or straighten out all that ng first, so you can get an accurate reading of your hairs length before you attemp to cut/trim it.

Back