Nov/Dec '08' Big Choppers/ *2009* Twa Grow Out*

SignatureBeauty

I have seen alot of Big Chopping in November in the Siggys, so if You Big Chopped and/or about to and ready for New Journey in *2009* Put Your Name down! We can Support each other on our Journey! We are gonna go for a Full Year, We can takes Pics every 4 Months to show Progress! Also post your Products/Regimen etc. I know Personally how tough it can get, But we can do it!

:yep:So Post your Starting Pic & Lets get Growing:yep:

I call less than 3 inches a Twa, but you know a Twa goes thru many stages, but to some people 6 inches is a Twa for them, But those that are beyond 3 inches are more than Welcome to Join because they can help those who are at where they have been, and plus I am sure they want to get out any Twa Stage LOL!!!

My hair is still a twa with shrinkage. I can't wait to get out of this stage. I'll post a starting pic later on tonight.

You see I edited it LOL!! and just when you can't make a puff, didn't know how to put it, because someone hair will be long to me and they call it short!

I have seen alot of Big Chopping in November in the Siggys, so if You Big Chopped and/or about to and ready for New Journey in *2009* Put Your Name down! We can Support each other on our Journey! We are gonna go for a Full Year, We can takes Pics every 4 Months to show Progress! Also post your Products/Regimen etc. I know Personally how tough it can get, But we can do it!

:yep:So Post your Starting Pic & Lets get Growing:yep:

I just cut all of my hair off in Sept (my avatar pic) I was already a natual though but just wanted to start all over and grow my hair evenly ( I had layers) Can I join or is this only for transitioners???

TinkerBell you may join, This isn't for Transitioners, Just those of us who BC and are ready to grow our Natural hair out for a Full year! All of you Laides are Welcome and I am glad you all are joining!

i big chopped this year, but i just started letting my hair grow out not too long ago.
twa
weekly
shampoo and dc with eluence
leave-in Qhemet Bio burdock root cream and hydrating balm
twist with jamaican mango&lime locking gel
moisturize daily with burdock root cream and castor oil

i'm going to be doing this for the rest of the winter

might add some scarfs and head wraps to the mix

i'm going to put my pics in my fotki until i can resize them later. i'm letting my battery charge now. i will post an update in my fotki in my siggy.

I'm in! BC pic is in my siggie!:grin: I co wash every 3 days. I use Kinky curl custard and Knot today and refresh with water for 3 days. I wash with sun silk wave and curls for now or use any cheap conditioner. I'd really like to learn how to braid and cornrow my hair.

Last edited:
Okay I have my Reggie down:

I am gonna Co-wash 2 times a week with, Suave Coconut mixed with Coconut Milk & Honey added!

I am gonna Deep Cleanse with my Shikakai Powder on Sundays

I am using Products from AfroVeda,S-Curl,Suave & Ayurvedic Powders & Oils, I am gonna get a few Shampoo Bars because I Love Them! I am thinking of changing my Color to Auburn, I have been Jet Black for so Long,all my life, I think it is time for a New Color! But I am gonna wait on the Color until the Summer because my hair is only out at Home, I wear a Ball Cap with a Phony Bun or wavy Pony Attached, since I Clean Homes I don't need to be Fancy lol!!

I think we all will have Beautiful hair within a Year!!!

i did a chop/ i cut off about half of what length i had.even though its not really a twa i cant even do a regular puff! and im still transitioning. nevertheless,ill still join.........if i count though:look:

i dont plan on any puffs,buns or pulled back styles for a while so i can see if my edges will grow. although you can really see it,they are a mess.:nono:

I came to second... wait, third that notion. Napp, I've been peeking in your fotki ever since you had that be-a-yoooootiful coil out in your signature. I :love: your hair. :grin:

Well as you can tell by the avatar, I'm also a sister with a twa.
I want to be able to wear a naturally curly-coily puff, so this challenge is for me. :grin:
I don't have a tight regimen just yet. But this what I do:
I pre-poo with AO HSR & EVOO
I co wash every 2-3 days with Porosity Control & NTM DDC
Oil rinse every now and then with Castor oil
I DC w/ heat 1x a week (or every other week) with Motions condish in the tub, AO HSR, GPB (whatever I see fit)
I steam 1x a week (or every other week) using Sam Jones' home grown steam treatment using the Motions.
I use BT (supposedly daily, but I forget a lot :giggle: )

My hair is like straw right now, that's why I'm going through all the motions. When I get my moisture back on point (which should be soon, it's getting there) then I'ma try & keep it simple as possible.

Please count me in. I have pics in my Fotki. I will add some more recent. Here is my regimen which will probably be tweaked some over the next week or so:

Wash 2x a week with CON

Use panteen moist mask with blue top

Use panteen moist hydrater

DC with ORS

Moist daily. Right now I am using a olive oil moist and am sealing with vatika oil.

I purchased Hairveda's whipped cream so I will see how that goes when I get it.

Also will be purchasing Mega Tek by the end of this week.

I am going to try to stay in braids until March. I am getting corn rows on Sat.

Last edited:
There isn't a TA challenge...or even a A challange...What if you have an afro but not enough to put into a ponytail. I won't consider myself out of the TWA stage until I can make a nice ponytail. So I want to join this challenge!

I am supposed to be on a hide your hair challenge....I wonder if that's still going on??? :lol:

LOL!! AtlantaJJ! Come on in Girl!!!!

Letitgrow0702 Welcome! I just Purchased some Mega Tek Today so I guess it will be here
by next week!

I say anything that can't make a Puff!! LOL!!!
I would like to join, my hair is a TWA when shrunken, but I can put it in a puff when stretched. I am scare to join this challenge though, because march will be a yr since my BC and I am not sure that I can hang for another yr. Can I still join if I am not sure about the whole yr?

Back