Non-Virgins who stayed celibate until marriage

Still celibate don't want to be.....got made fun of....dude was close to getting cursed all the way out and back again (dude is my BFF boyfriend...he doesn't speak to me now).

Been celibate for over 10 years.....I stopped counting......I'm ready for some action.

But two nights in the row, I had the same dream told to me by the same person.. Mind you I haven't spoken to this person in years.

Her message was.....don't settle for any man for the sake of having a man.....weird! Considering I'm out even dating. But my spiritual and natural guards will be up.

Me and DH did not have sex until our wedding night. DH was a virgin, I wasn't. But before getting married I was celibate for 7 years. It was sooooo worth the wait. I would do it all over again if I had to. Sex can complicate things and make superficial emotions. But I thank God that He kept me. There was times of frustrations and anxiousness but I wanted to please God and through that I learned to value my body. I began to see I was too precious to let just any man lay with me. I vowed the next man who I sleep with would be my husband. I had so much to offer more than my body. When we finally came together it was awesome. And not just physically but emotionally as well.

Society tells you you have to test drive it or sex is no big deal. It is a very big deal and I believe everytime you sleep with someone you are giving them a piece of yourself. Sex is not just sex, it's so much more emotionally. Which is why God ordained it only for mariage.

Hang in there because it's sooo worth it. When you take sex away, you learn what real intimacy is. :)

Last edited:
Me and DH did not have sex until our wedding night. DH was a virgin, I wasn't. But before getting married I was celibate for 7 years. It was sooooo worth the wait. I would do it all over again if I had to. Sex can complicate things and make superficial emotions. But I thank God that He kept. There was times of frustrations and anxiousness but I wanted to please God and through that I learned to value my body. I began to see I was too precious to let just any man lay with me. I vowed the next man who I sleep with would be my husband. I had so much to offer more than my body. When we finally came together it was awesome. And not just physically but emotionally as well.

Society tells you you have to test drive it or sex is no big deal. It is a very big deal and I believe everytime you sleep with someone you are giving them a piece of yourself. Sex is not just sex, it's so much more emotionally. Which is why God ordained it only for mariage.

Hang in there because it's sooo worth it. When you take sex away, you learn what real intimacy is. :)

Thank you so much for this encouragement. :) Well said.

Four months and counting... Before that it was 18 months.
With me working 12hrs a day .. I don't have time for coloring and miss sleep.

Me and DH did not have sex until our wedding night. DH was a virgin, I wasn't. But before getting married I was celibate for 7 years. It was sooooo worth the wait. I would do it all over again if I had to. Sex can complicate things and make superficial emotions. But I thank God that He kept me. There was times of frustrations and anxiousness but I wanted to please God and through that I learned to value my body. I began to see I was too precious to let just any man lay with me. I vowed the next man who I sleep with would be my husband. I had so much to offer more than my body. When we finally came together it was awesome. And not just physically but emotionally as well.

This is highly spiritual and I'm afraid that so many will reject this simple message of self-worth because the pull of sex has over-driven them to allow others to disrespect the person they are. We are the higher animal. If people understood the sacredness of sex, there would be less divorce, fewer oow births, etc. Sex is a sacred gift and like anything, there is a time and place according to the one who designed it. Well, man is so "smart" these days, he often doesn't recognize any higher design than himself. Wonderful words, @LucieLoo12

This is highly spiritual and I'm afraid that so many will reject this simple message of self-worth because the pull of sex has over-driven them to allow others to disrespect the person they are. We are the higher animal. If people understood the sacredness of sex, there would be less divorce, fewer oow births, etc. Sex is a sacred gift and like anything, there is a time and place according to the one who designed it. Well, man is so "smart" these days, he often doesn't recognize any higher design than himself. Wonderful words, @LucieLoo12
Alot of this type of behavior come from media brainwashing people. We need to be more careful. Stop rushing things and spend more time listen to what man say.

I don't want soul ties with any and everybody. I had a guy tell me I was very attractive and he wanted to hook up. He had a woman but wanted one close by. He chose me, I looked at him like we were passing time. Just because you want me doesn't mean I am giving you the goodies. It's amazing to me what works on other women.

When I converted to Islam, I stopped fornicating. Unfortunately, the man I married had impotency issues, and when he could get it up, he did not respect my needs or desires. Needless to say, I'm divorced and plan on having sex with anyone who I might see as marriage material.

Thank you. Yes, man has deceived us into thinking sex is a sport or something we do just to pass time. But it's a connecting of two bodies and souls. It's even so special another human being can become the result of it. I did not know this prior to getting saved because all I was taught that "safe sex" was ok. But I wasn't taught this act would involve my heart and emotions. We let lust and flesh control of our lives so much and we miss out on the great things God has for us, for only a few minutes of pleasure. My DH said he was teased about being a virgin until 30. But that shows you how twisted and confused our society is that they will tease you for doing something that is so honorable before God. After getting saved me I told myself I would never conform my life to what society says or think. I don't even believe in dating and me and DH didn't date prior to marriage. But that's another thread :look::laugh:. @kanozas

Thank you. Yes, man has deceived us into thinking sex is a sport or something we do just to pass time. But it's a connecting of two bodies and souls. It's even so special another human being can become the result of it. I did not know this prior to getting saved because all I was taught that "safe sex" was ok. But I wasn't taught this act would involve my heart and emotions. We let lust and flesh control of our lives so much and we miss out on the great things God has for us, for only a few minutes of pleasure. My DH said he was teased about being a virgin until 30. But that shows you how twisted and confused our society is that they will tease you for doing something that is so honorable before God. After getting saved me I told myself I would never conform my life to what society says or think. I don't even believe in dating and me and DH didn't date prior to marriage. But that's another thread :look::laugh:. @kanozas

You are not alone about not believing in dating. I don't subscribe to that concept either.

I'd love to hear your story tbh. I never believed in dating but I'm dating someone now

Back