NJOY'S HAIR CONCOTION CHALLENGE

I'm wearing wigs too to protect my hair and get maximum growth :grin:

My hair is in 2 plaits under my wig. I plan to take down and rebraid once per week. My new growth is so thick right now that all I can do is hide it under wigs.

Hey, me too! I'm planning on wigging it until the end of the year.

KaramelDiva1978 said:
Since I've had so much time to think and anticipate this 9/1 start date, I think I want to "wig it" while in this regimen and REALLY maximize my growth by low to no manipulation except for co-washing and air drying. What styles are you guys going to use? Bunning? Rollersetting? Braids? It's almost fall which I LOVE so I'm all about protecting my tresses and rocking a new 'do.

I plan to use half-wigs and also wear buns, which is really what I like to do this time of year anyway. I generally wear my hair out very rarely.

I'm wearing wigs too to protect my hair and get maximum growth :grin:

My hair is in 2 plaits under my wig. I plan to take down and rebraid once per week. My new growth is so thick right now that all I can do is hide it under wigs.

Two braids! That's an idea. I was debating getting my hair cornrowed underneath, but then I would have to get someone to do it. I just can see being all bulky with a shorty 'do. :lachen: Not. Cute.

Are you using the Liquid Gold Hair Growth Oil?

I felt like I was on a scavenger hunt. However, I was able to purchase all of the ingredients and mix a bottle this evening. I must admit I could not wait to get started and applied some this evening. My scalp is not tingling, which I assume is the result of not letting it set overnight.

Two braids! That's an idea. I was debating getting my hair cornrowed underneath, but then I would have to get someone to do it. I just can see being all bulky with a shorty 'do. :lachen: Not. Cute.

Are you using the Liquid Gold Hair Growth Oil?

If my DH was up I would have him take a pic of my hair. It looks a little rough but it works. lol

I do use Liquid Gold hair oils. (I am affiliated with the company but can still say that the oils are awesome :yep: )

baddison said:
xu93texas good to see you here. Is that you in your avatar?? What a cute cut!!! Now don't go joining this here challenge to try and outgrow my slow-hair-growing-behind! LOL!!!:lachen::lachen: I need all the help I can get , tho seriously. My hair grows at turtles pace - maybe even snails pace. :lachen:

Good to see you in here as well. I'm sure I won't outgrow you. I really need all the help I can get! Did you trim your hair?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

KiWiStyle said:
xu93texas,
Hey buddy. I see your BC on your profile picture, looking good!! Did you post a picture, I wanna get a closer look?? Yeah, we can hang out around here :-).

Hey buddy! I've only posted this pic. in a few threads. I have to get my husband to take more pics! I'm glad we can hang out again.

Which challenge are you in, 4 or 6 month?
4 months, could possibly extend it to 6 months depending on the results of the 4 month challenge.

Which will be in your mixture?
A deviation of Njoy's mixture.

If different, show your recipe
2tsps of Sublimed Sulphur powder
3oz JBCO
1oz Brahmi-Amla oil
1oz Grape seed oil
1oz Hot six oil
1oz Emu oil
0.5oz Mustard seed oil
0.5oz Gleau oil
some sunflower oil to make 250mls of oil
1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper

5 drops of Eucalyptus EO
10 drops of Peppermint EO
10 drops of Rosemary EO
10 drops of Tea tree EO
10 drops of Lavender EO
10 drops of Lemon EO

* I'm trying to get the EO conc. to be up to 1% of the total volume of the mixture.

Starting pic
In my siggy.....

If relaxed, how many weeks post?
100% natural:grin:.

Last edited:
Good to see you in here as well. I'm sure I won't outgrow you. I really need all the help I can get! Did you trim your hair?

Yup! Major trim - lets call it a cut - had to get rid of unevenness. So I'm back to APL. But I'm still OK 'cause the ends are a bit more even. Shooting for BSL sometime in 2013. And I'm sure betweem my Hairfinitly and this challenge, I'll make it.

I know I signed up for the 4 months, but secretly I don't plan to stop using this oil mix until I reach my goal...now THAT'S determination!!:lachen::lachen:

I have a general question. I will be mostly wearing my daily buns. When I apply the oil mixture, I can smell it throughout the day.:perplexed Should I be conscious that others can smell it too, and just stay away from folks for the next few months?:ohwell:

Edit: another question.....I still plan on henna'ing monthly. Will the sulfur be a problem for henna??

baddison, try putting it on right when you get home from work. By the am, the smell should be be faded. I used mtg and that stuff reeks. I would do it in eve and by the am it was faded. Unless folk are all up on you they shouldn't smell you.

Am i tripping or is it 9/1?? Do I see some cheaters in our midst??!!! Lol.......or is it just motivated enthusiasm?!!

I signed up for the challenge, but I don't think I will be able to apply more than 24 hours before going to the hair salon. Therefore, I am trying to get it in now. :lol:

I'm cowashing my hair today and need to avoid the temptation to (cheat) start early. :takecover:

This will at least give me a chance to take photos...

Here's my pic. Unfortunately. Won't be able to start till I get back home mid September
5a35d964.jpg

LOL!!! Just doing a drive-by-run... :blush: Promise to step away from the bottle 'til Saturday....LOL!!!:lol:

Yeeeaahhhhh rrriiiggghhhtt!!!! :lachen:

I signed up for the challenge, but I don't think I will be able to apply more than 24 hours before going to the hair salon. Therefore, I am trying to get it in now. :lol:

Uh huh........tell me anything!!! :lachen:

@BadMamaJama

I have finally found some full wigs that I really love. Right now I am wearing
Motown Tress SK-Guess:

MT_SKGUESS_2m2.jpg

I bought it from the bss and I can assure you its looks better on than in the pics.

I like short styled wigs like these:

http://www.myhaironline.com/its-a-wig-bebe-synthetic-hair-wig-futura/

http://www.hairwigharlem.com/sensationnel-100-human-hair-bump-collection-wig-easy-27.html

I never do well with wigs that have long lengths. They just scream, "Phony!" on my head. :lachen:

Yeah, I'm cheating! Do you see the length of my hair? :lol::lol: I started ASAP!
You right, you right!!! Get it shorty 'do!! The cut looks super cute on you though!! Rock it hard while you can, twas don't stay short for long!! :yep:

LOL I have big cheeks so the extra hair balances them out :lachen::lachen:
That wig is SUPER CUTE!!! For some I couldn't see the pic on yesterday, I like it!! Can it take heat? Did it have high shine so that you have to do an ACV rinse?

It 8/31, I think we should all have a Sulphur Eve party and start today!!! Whoop whoop!!! Happy Sulphur Eve Ladies!!! :lachen::lachen:

:party::party: :yay::yay::bouncy::club::bounceline:

HAPPY FRIDAY TOO!!!!!

Looking forward to tomorrow ladies!! I'm sitting here looking at my oils and trying to figure out which ones I'm going to use for the challenge. This is my 3rd batch of this miracle oil :P

here are the oils I currently have:

JBCO
Sweet Almond Oil
EVOO
EVCO (no no )
Lavendar Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Peppermint Oil

what mix will I use? Aaahhh!! I don't know! This is the first time I've had my precious baby EVOO back in the oil family for about 8 months :( it's been too long. I'll let y'all know what I decide to mix oh..and somebody sure threw my 8oz plastic bottle in the trash. It was sitting on the sink, I wanted to knock somebody out. I just ended up picking up a new one at the BSS yesterday when I went.

Ok... i took some pics this morning... it's been a while since i took pics to document anything soooooooooooooooooooo yeah...

Pic 1: this is the stretched (wet) length on the left side

Pic 2: this is unstretched and you can pretty much see where the relaxed hair ends and the natural hair begins... eventually the relaxed hair will be trimmed away so i took this picture to get a better idea the length of my unstretched natural hair

Pic 3: a shot of the back, straight out of the shower... my hope is that at the end of this challenge, that thicker portion will be resting comfortably on my back... lol

Attachments

• DSCF3645.JPG
    DSCF3645.JPG
    389.9 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF3642.jpg
    DSCF3642.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF3641.JPG
    DSCF3641.JPG
    487.3 KB · Views: 36
Well its September 1st somewhere in the world so i started. Last night i put it on my scalp and covered with a plastic bag. Now i smell like Bengay :)

I hope everyone let their oil mix sit over night before using ;) that's how the mix is supposed to be done according to NJoy's original recipe. I just made mine and it's:

Heaping TSP of Sublimed Sulfur
4 oz jbco
4 oz EVOO
2-3 drops of Lavendar
2-3 drops of Tea Tree oil
2-3 drops of Peppermint Oil
2-3 drops of Sweet Almond Oil

Last edited:
Back