NJOY'S HAIR CONCOTION CHALLENGE

My mix:
Hair Trigger Growth Elixir
JBCO
Apricot oil
1 tspn sulfur
10 drops peppermint oil

not gonna lie, I just washed DC'd my hair, and right before washing, applied the remainder of my old oil mix about 3 oz :/ way too much but hey, I want a fresh batch for September

i am PSYCHED!!!!.... i was checking and i don't see where my online order has been received shipped or nothing, so i decided to try to find an independent pharmacy in the local area and lo and behold, i found on the first try and she ordered it for me and i get to get it tomorrow YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

cynd said:
PinkSunshine77, about how long do you normally leave the mix on your scalp before washing it out? Thanks.

I usually will put it on my hair in the morning, around 9am and I won't wash it out until 3 or 4pm. I wrote Njoy on her site and she said as long as it is on long enough to penetrate your scalp ( I believe she said 3 or 4 hrs, I'd have to go look at the email) then its fine to wash out

I have my mix sitting and waiting for saturday!! If it wasnt for the relaxer I just put in I would cheat and start early :)

Do any of all yall strain the sulphur out? I've tried the sulphur mix most of last year and recently revisited last month. I love it but the sulphur powder keeps getting clogged in the spout of my oil bottle. Do you think if I let it sit then strain it out, I'll loose the effect of the sulphur? Or will it still be beneficial?

MsEveMarie said:
Do any of all yall strain the sulphur out? I've tried the sulphur mix most of last year and recently revisited last month. I love it but the sulphur powder keeps getting clogged in the spout of my oil bottle. Do you think if I let it sit then strain it out, I'll loose the effect of the sulphur? Or will it still be beneficial?

I had the same issue today so I plan on cutting the nozzle a little bigger. I'm not sure but I would think that straining it would defeat the purpose of having the Sulfur in the mix. Sulfur will never completely mix and combine permanently with your oil mix.

I had the same issue today so I plan on cutting the nozzle a little bigger. I'm not sure but I would think that straining it would defeat the purpose of having the Sulfur in the mix. Sulfur will never completely mix and combine permanently with your oil mix.

I messed up like 3 bottles doing that (trying to cut in different sizes/at different angles) lol...all it does is causes more of the oil to come out onto my scalp (too much). Which also causes me to go through the oil quicker...

Can you sleep with the mixture in your hair or should you wash before bed? Also, can you wear in your hair all day -- co-wash and go?

TIA

MsEveMarie
Do any of all yall strain the sulphur out? I've tried the sulphur mix most of last year and recently revisited last month. I love it but the sulphur powder keeps getting clogged in the spout of my oil bottle. Do you think if I let it sit then strain it out, I'll loose the effect of the sulphur? Or will it still be beneficial?[/QUOTE

When making my oils I find that it is helpful to make sure the sulfur is initially crushed into a fine powder prior to mixing with the oils. This reduces the amt. of sulfur chunks in the bottle. Be sure to shake well before each use.

kim1006
Can you sleep with the mixture in your hair or should you wash before bed? Also, can you wear in your hair all day -- co-wash and go?

TIA

Some apply at night and cowash in the morning. I apply almost daily and cowash weekly. There is no need to wash out unless you want to. Cowashing frequently however will help to keep your moisture in check.

I want to join so bad but I can not take the smell at allll. How do you guys mask the sulfur smell? Any suggestions would be great because I'm putting in sengalese twist in so the oiliness of my hair wouldn't bother me

I want to join so bad but I can not take the smell at allll. How do you guys mask the sulfur smell? Any suggestions would be great because I'm putting in sengalese twist in so the oiliness of my hair wouldn't bother me

with my mix I don't smell hardly anything

I made my mix a bit different.....

1oz castor oil
2oz evoo
1oz coconut oil
1oz grapeseed oil
1oz sweet almond oil
1tsp sulfur powder
3-8 drops of each: eucalyptus, tea tree, peppermint, rosemary, lavender, and vitamin e

The smell of the sulfur is faint to me, but I can still smell it. Granted once a month I can smell EVERYTHING :nono: I massaged it into my scalp and it felt soooooo good. Like all of the tension just melted away. I don't really care about growth, I just discovered a good massage oil AND I can breathe freely lol. :giggle:

I gave my mix a trial run to make sure I wasn't allergic (okay, I couldn't wait) and had the same issue so I bought a small bottle with an eye dropper and that seems to work really well. Still need to shake before each use though.

i just picked up my sulfur!!!.. now i'm gonna go be a mixtress....

ETA:

i just finished my mix... i deviated from the original recipe though... mine consists of:

1 oz Amla Oil
2 oz Jojoba Oil
2 oz Flax Seed Oil
3 oz Castor Oil (regular)
1 tsp of Sublimed Sulfur Powder
8 drops of Rosemary EO
about 16 drops of Peppermint EO (i had an oopsie :ohwell:)

and of course i tried it out.... tingly... next batch, i'll be a bit more mindful of my peppermint...

i also have to remember to pick up some travel sized bottles for my upcoming trips....

Last edited:
I've decided and plan on getting the keratin treatment done on my natural hair in October.
Do any of you ladies in this challenge currently use keratin treatments/blowouts?

I plan on applying NJOY mix the night before my cowash / shampoo days.
So twice a week.

I started using my mixture last night. The odor isn't loud at all. I do like the idea of adding a few drops of orange oil for scent. I'll check into that when I'm in Whole Foods again.

Back