NJOY'S HAIR CONCOTION CHALLENGE

I gave my mix a trial run to make sure I wasn't allergic (okay, I couldn't wait) and had the same issue so I bought a small bottle with an eye dropper and that seems to work really well. Still need to shake before each use though.

Hmmm now there's a good idea!

Do any of you ladies think infusing the oil with the sulphur using heat (double broiler method) will make it lose its properties?

@Onhergrind09 - Thanks for the info. I just found a store selling the 500gm Nupur henna for $10, so I wasn't ready to give that up!

I'm in, but will come back to post my starting pic.

Which challenge are you in, 4 or 6 month? 4 mths
If different, show your recipe? Sulfur, grapeseed, JBCO, sweet almond, and rosemary (not sure of exact measurements yet)

Starting pic - Adding soon

If relaxed, how many weeks post? 9 weeks post today

Last edited:
MsEveMarie
Do any of all yall strain the sulphur out? I've tried the sulphur mix most of last year and recently revisited last month. I love it but the sulphur powder keeps getting clogged in the spout of my oil bottle. Do you think if I let it sit then strain it out, I'll loose the effect of the sulphur? Or will it still be beneficial?[/QUOTE

When making my oils I find that it is helpful to make sure the sulfur is initially crushed into a fine powder prior to mixing with the oils. This reduces the amt. of sulfur chunks in the bottle. Be sure to shake well before each use.

I just read that in an old thread on BHM....someone put it in a plastic baggie and pounded on it a little bit...was that you?:lol:

I just may try this tho!

Count me in for the 4mth challenge. If all goes well I'll continue for 6mths. I'll be back with the oils for my mixture.

i just picked up my sulfur!!!.. now i'm gonna go be a mixtress....

ETA:

i just finished my mix... i deviated from the original recipe though... mine consists of:

1 oz Amla Oil
2 oz Jojoba Oil
2 oz Flax Seed Oil
3 oz Castor Oil (regular)
1 tsp of Sublimed Sulfur Powder
8 drops of Rosemary EO
about 16 drops of Peppermint EO (i had an oopsie :ohwell:)

and of course i tried it out.... tingly... next batch, i'll be a bit more mindful of my peppermint...

i also have to remember to pick up some travel sized bottles for my upcoming trips....
sounds good to me but your head's gon' be tingling :)

Yall win I'm gonna try this lol sign me up be back with info I'm gonna do this with mn also but only use the mn once or twice a week

I just hope my sulfur comes in time ordered over a week ago

i just picked up my sulfur!!!.. now i'm gonna go be a mixtress....

ETA:

i just finished my mix... i deviated from the original recipe though... mine consists of:

1 oz Amla Oil
2 oz Jojoba Oil
2 oz Flax Seed Oil
3 oz Castor Oil (regular)
1 tsp of Sublimed Sulfur Powder
8 drops of Rosemary EO
about 16 drops of Peppermint EO (i had an oopsie :ohwell:)

and of course i tried it out.... tingly... next batch, i'll be a bit more mindful of my peppermint...

i also have to remember to pick up some travel sized bottles for my upcoming trips....

SqrpioQutie

I remember getting carried away with rosemary EO. Wooo! That rosemary smelled strong! It just didn't seem like drops could make that much difference. Girl, I threw that whole batch out. Now I'm all xtra careful. :lol:

lol... i guess that's what i get for freestyling towards the end!!... :lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

NJoy said:
SqrpioQutie

I remember getting carried away with rosemary EO. Wooo! That rosemary smelled strong! It just didn't seem like drops could make that much difference. Girl, I threw that whole batch out. Now I'm all xtra careful. :lol:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Its a great thing that I like the smell of peppermint!! I was going to add in some cinnamon but now that I'm a candy cane, I'm glad I refrained!!!! Lol

Which challenge are you in, 4 or 6 month? 6 month.
Which will be in your mixture? NJoy's mix.

*sigh*....still waiting on my Sublimed Sulfur to get here. Had to rush order from another vendor 'cause Amazon cancelled my order that I been waiting for, for over a week now. #frustrating :angry2:

....anyhow, I have a UPS tracking number and should soon have my product in hand. Can't wait to get the ball rolling on this one. Initially, I will be applying nightly 5x's per week, with whole head baggying. Will see how that goes.:yep:

Okay so I'm still alive with a head full of hair lol! I used the MN first and applied directly to my scalp then used the sulfur mix. Didn't have any reaction to either so William continue to use nightly and cowash and DC weekly since I'm in braids!

I'm thinking of joining this challenge because I already have everything including sulfur powder...ironically I just received my JBCO on Monday because I had ran out. If I join I won't buy anything new, I'll use njoy's recipe and just substitute the Rosemary EO for eucalyptus and sub the jojoba oil for hot six oil (love this stuff).

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
@KiWiStyle, @baddison,

Hi, ex-buddies! So glad I can visit with you guys in this thread. :grin:

xu93texas good to see you here. Is that you in your avatar?? What a cute cut!!! Now don't go joining this here challenge to try and outgrow my slow-hair-growing-behind! LOL!!!:lachen::lachen: I need all the help I can get , tho seriously. My hair grows at turtles pace - maybe even snails pace. :lachen:

I'm in the 6 months challenge.

I added a teaspoon of sulfur to my Hairdrenalin mix.

I'm currently 3 weeks post.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    376.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Hi ladies. I wanted to add a suggestion.

When I use the mix at night, I usually cowash it out the next day or two But, before I get in the shower to cowash it out, a quick massage causes your scalp to tingle all over again. This gives that extra boost. The tingle is awesome and last for a bit. :yep: I suggest you make that a regular part of using the mix.

:yep:

Hi ladies. I wanted to add a suggestion.

When I use the mix at night, I usually cowash it out the next day or two But, before I get in the shower to cowash it out, a quick massage causes your scalp to tingle all over again. This gives that extra boost. The tingle is awesome and last for a bit. :yep: I suggest you make that a regular part of using the mix.

:yep:

Thank you! Will do. I'm glad you said the next day or two because I plan to co-wash every other day instead of daily.

soooooooooooooo lo and behold, in my mailbox is my order of sulfur that i had given up on... i'm pretty sure i never saw a shipping confirmation and i didn't see where my payment was taken out of my account, so wow.... now i guess i have plenty of sulfur to last me for a really really long time... lol :grin:

Still waiting on my sulphur. :( I hope one of you isn't working at border security and decided to keep my shipment! XD

The Sally stores here are having a applicator bottle sale till the 31st. Buy two get one free. I figure if I ruin one by cutting too much off the tip, I've got something to fall back on.

Okay so I'm still alive with a head full of hair lol! I used the MN first and applied directly to my scalp then used the sulfur mix. Didn't have any reaction to either so William continue to use nightly and cowash and DC weekly since I'm in braids!
HairPleezeGrow
Thank you so much for trying, now I have to give it a try on my own scalp.
But I think I'll have to wash weekly.

Since I've had so much time to think and anticipate this 9/1 start date, I think I want to "wig it" while in this regimen and REALLY maximize my growth by low to no manipulation except for co-washing and air drying. What styles are you guys going to use? Bunning? Rollersetting? Braids? It's almost fall which I LOVE so I'm all about protecting my tresses and rocking a new 'do.

Since I've had so much time to think and anticipate this 9/1 start date, I think I want to "wig it" while in this regimen and REALLY maximize my growth by low to no manipulation except for co-washing and air drying. What styles are you guys going to use? Bunning? Rollersetting? Braids? It's almost fall which I LOVE so I'm all about protecting my tresses and rocking a new 'do.

I'm wearing wigs too to protect my hair and get maximum growth :grin:

My hair is in 2 plaits under my wig. I plan to take down and rebraid once per week. My new growth is so thick right now that all I can do is hide it under wigs.

Back