NJOY'S HAIR CONCOTION CHALLENGE

BadMamaJama
Do we have to wait a certain amount of time after relaxing?

Most say 2 weeks after a relaxer but I use after 1 week (7 days). If you are new to sulfur oil I would start at 2 weeks.

Cassie6
I know this may be a silly question but I'm new and I'm not sure if this is just a scalp treatment or something you apply to your whole head .

Scalp Treatment Only. If you have a bottle with a nozzle-like applicator it makes application easier.

Seriously? :sad: Coconut oil is one of my staples in sealing. :nono:

I am not a closet chemist, so I have no idea what caused it. But I was using the moe's growth oil with added sulfur and it was just fine. The second time I made a batch I added coconut oil to it and it stunk to high heaven!

I made the mistake of relaxing without waiting the full 7 days and my head was :burning: Make sure that the sulfur has been washed from your scalp/hair at least 7 days prior to a relaxer. It is not sufficient to simply stop using sulfur for 7 days. Some people actually suggest waiting 2 weeks but I find that 7 days is sufficient. Hope this helps.

This needed to be emphasized!!!!! That :burning: :burning: :burning: is no JOKE from a failure to wash the sulfur mix out before relaxing!!!!

You know what I am in. I'm not in any challenges this year and this will encourage me to really care for my nape and temple areas that I want to full out.

I'll do the 4 months. I now have to go and get the missing ingredients.

Thanks!

I am not a closet chemist, so I have no idea what caused it. But I was using the moe's growth oil with added sulfur and it was just fine. The second time I made a batch I added coconut oil to it and it stunk to high heaven!

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to put aside my remaining coconut oil for now and pick up something else. Even though I wouldn't be adding it to the mix directly, I'd rather not take the chance!

Can MSM be substituted for sublimed sulfur? I need to use up the products I already have before I buy anything else.

ETA: I just did some research on dherbs.com and found that MSM is safer to use than sublimed sulfur. I will join this challenge and use N'Joy's recipe, but substitute MSM.

Last edited:
I ordered peppermint oil from Amazon. I ordered some Tea Tree oil from Mountain Rose Herbs but it is organic and sort of expensive. I do not own any organic jojoba oil. I do have some lightweight and heavy weight Hair Trigger Growth Elixir. I am going to end up joining this challenge.

I want to join! I will start with my Marie Dean Argan oil blend. It has argan, olive, jojoba,castor,vitamin e, aloe extract, rosemary oil extract and tea tree essential oil. I will use 1 tsp of sulfur in my mix. I like the thought of using ceramide oils with the sulfur. I have some sengalese twists and want to especially apply oil to the base of the twists to keep them soft.I have the sulfur and some applicator bottles.I will do the 6 month challenge. I am inching up to APL and my next length check and trim is around Christmas. I think that I will use this recipe:

1tsp sulfur
2 oz hempseed oil
6oz marie dean argan oil blend
5 drops tea tree oil (eo)
5 drops peppermint oil (eo)
3 drops eucalyptus oil (eo)

The batch I've been using since May is almost done. Looks like I'll have a fresh batch for September. I just did a fresh relax though so um..im enjoying my straight, flowing hair and am not feeling putting that heavy oil on my hair right this moment. Eh, maybe next week.

I ordered peppermint oil from Amazon. I ordered some Tea Tree oil from Mountain Rose Herbs but it is organic and sort of expensive. I do not own any organic jojoba oil. I do have some lightweight and heavy weight Hair Trigger Growth Elixir. I am going to end up joining this challenge.
felic1, just list what your final mix will be that way if you have crazy growth we know this is the best mix.

I made my mix tonight in preparation for the start of the challenge

1 tsp sulfur
4 oz HTGE - It how much I had left (vanilla pound cake scent)
2 oz castor oil
2 oz carrot oil (I read it was good for hair growth)
2 oz olive oi
4 drops rosemary oil

How often do we apply this to our scalp? HTGE is 2x day, but with the sulfur is it less?

Hey guys newbie here .What can kind of moisturizer and oil should I use in the rest of my hair . And how often should I co wash ? What conditioner should use to co wash ? Thanks in advance .

1 tsp sulfur
2 oz castor oil
2 oz olive oi
4 drops rosemary oil

How often do we apply this to our scalp? HTGE is 2x day, but with the sulfur is it less?

Yes, the sulfur makes it stronger. Most people are using it 3-4 times a week. A girl on Youtube used it daily and it caused some shedding, but she says this was because of the aggressiveness of hair growth and considered "normal".

Me too. Ordered mine from Amazon..... should get here soon.

Ditto! I received a message on Wednesday that mine had been shipped so I hope that it comes by Monday or Tuesday.

Hey guys newbie here .What can kind of moisturizer and oil should I use in the rest of my hair . And how often should I co wash ? What conditioner should use to co wash ? Thanks in advance .

The moisturizer and oil that you use on the rest of your hair is your choice. And if you look at some of the threads about moisture and sealing on here, you will see that it is by trial and error that we have found what works for our hair. You will have to see how your hair responds to various types of moisturizers and oils. The same goes for the conditioner you use to co-wash. If you are natural or relaxed that also makes a difference in how your hair will respond.

For starters does your hair like thick, creamy or thinner, water based products? Does it do better with light or heavy oils? Once you know the consistency your hair likes, you will know where to start to try to find staples. Hope that helps and welcome!

I'm in!! I be using a mixture of NJoy's and PinkSunshine77's mix for 6 months. APL has been calling my name for the longest and I'm ready to answer so hopefully this will get me there.

Attachments

• IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 26

1 tsp sulfur
2 oz castor oil
2 oz olive oi
4 drops rosemary oil

as much as you'd like. I use it 1-2x weekly. NJoy was using it daily at one point.

I ordered my sulfur powder today and it will be in tomorrow. I'll be making my mixture this week.

I'll be using:
1/2 tsp of sulfur powder
2oz Jojoba oil
2oz JBCO
2oz Bee Mine Growth serum(this contains sulfur as well)
4-5 drops of rosemary oil
4-5 drops of peppermint oil
3-4 drops of eucalyptus oil

I made my concoction while a little drunk and somehow read the recipe wrong (and ran out of castor and jojoba oils). Can someone tell me if this is okay?

1 heaping tsp sulfur
3 oz castor oil
2 oz jojoba oil
3 oz extra virgin olive oil
5 drops lavender oil
5 drops peppermint oil

My hair is in cornrows under a wig and I applied it for the first time tonight.

I am in. I think I will try for the 4 month challenge and if it goes well I may extend to six months.

I will alter my recipe a bit:

1 tsp Sublimed Sulfer
3oz Jojoba Oil
3oz Emu Oil
3oz Jamaican Black Castor Oil
4 drops of Vit E
3 drops of Peppermint EO
3 drops of Lavendar EO
4 drops of Tea Tree EO

I guess I will apply it 2-3 times a week

I hope it is ok for me to post my starting pics a bit later but I am going to cut about an inch and a half off my hair on the 7th

I made my concoction while a little drunk and somehow read the recipe wrong (and ran out of castor and jojoba oils). Can someone tell me if this is okay?

1 heaping tsp sulfur
3 oz castor oil
2 oz jojoba oil
3 oz extra virgin olive oil
5 drops lavender oil
5 drops peppermint oil

My hair is in cornrows under a wig and I applied it for the first time tonight.

As long as you have 8oz of carrier oil you're good!

Back