New Carrot Juice Hair Growth Challenge

i ran out of carrots this morning and didn't get to the store this evening. this is my bday wknd (yay! :D ) so i think i may just get some from Trader Joe's. They have a nice sized bottle for only about $3 or $4 dollars. Whole Foods costs more.

straight carrot juice is kinda nasty to me too. I feel like it tastes like carrot milk :bah:

i find that if i add an apple or lemon, it cuts that weird sweet (milky) taste. lately i've been juicing cucumber, celery, carrot, apple, lemon, ginger and parsley.

i think carrot, apple and ginger is considered a "hair growth drink." just FYI. i guess the ginger stimulates.

tiffcurl said:
straight carrot juice is kinda nasty to me too. I feel like it tastes like carrot milk :bah: i think carrot, apple and ginger is considered a "hair growth drink." just FYI. i guess the ginger stimulates
:lol: Some of us, including me, love that sweet milk taste - especially when it's ice cold! I can drink it all day long, but I don't!:lol:

Thanks for sharing your carrot, apple and ginger concoction.

I'll totally join in. I can drink aliter of carrot juice in one sitting, so I'll have to have some restraint. Maybe three liters a week at most.

labmouse said:
I'll totally join in. I can drink aliter of carrot juice in one sitting, so I'll have to have some restraint. Maybe three liters a week at most.
Welcome to LHCF Labmouse!
Three liters a week is still a lot of carrot juice although some of the ladies here do drink a lot of it. I've learned that two ounces each day is enough for hair and skin results. :)

tiffcurl said:
i ran out of carrots this morning and didn't get to the store this evening. this is my bday wknd (yay! :D ) so i think i may just get some from Trader Joe's. They have a nice sized bottle for only about $3 or $4 dollars. Whole Foods costs more.

straight carrot juice is kinda nasty to me too. I feel like it tastes like carrot milk :bah:

i find that if i add an apple or lemon, it cuts that weird sweet (milky) taste. lately i've been juicing cucumber, celery, carrot, apple, lemon, ginger and parsley.

i think carrot, apple and ginger is considered a "hair growth drink." just FYI. i guess the ginger stimulates.

Thanks for this info I definately try this.

I'll try this too. This will be the ultimate challenge 4 me because I absolutely hate carrots! Unless its stewed. But I could never stand the taste. Yuck... This hairgrowing thing got me doin things I thought I would never do lol But carrots are good 4 u sooooooooooooo... Time to break out the juicer.

I'm in....I'm going to experiement with adding different things to make it taste a tad bit better.

As I'm drinking I think of what my grandma used to say "All things good for you don't always taste so good"....ain't that the truth!:lol:

I'm in, where's Isis:look: :D

I've been drinking the carrot, apple, and ginger combo for quite some time now and my hair has been growing like weeds. I no longer take supplements and my hair is growing faster than when I was:D I can't wait to but my own juicer:p

Hey Jewelle

If you don't have a juicer, how do you mix your carrot, apple, and ginger?
My juicer has seen better days and I will love to try it.

Thanks!
MonaRae

Hi MonaRae:) I get mine from either Whole Foods or this juice bar on 125th St here in Harlem. They are pretty pricey so I am searching for juicers.

I wish i knew how to do it without a juicer but I haven't figured that one out yet:lol:

MonaRae said:
Thanks Jewelle!

Love the picture of you on the street of NY! Oh how I miss home!!!!!

MonaRae
Thanks! I didn't know you were from here, you have to come back when we have another meet-up:)

I also wanted to mention that I had a manicure today and the manicurist told me that my nails were very strong:D I have very weak nails normally so I was thrilled to hear this, I think it's the rabbit juice:cool:

I'm back in on this challenge too, I was looking through my photo album and noticing how CLEAR my skin was back then in the fall of 04' & my hair was growing nicely!! I'm going to mix mine with orange juice, 4oz orange juice + 4oz carrot juice :)

Last edited:
I found a brand of carrot juice called Kagome. It has Carrot juice & gingerin it, no sugar added. I've been adding OJ to it, but I think I'll add apple juice to it next.

Im late but I would like to get in on this one too. This is something that is good for me in more ways than one and I like carrots! :grin:

JewelleNY said:
I'm in, where's Isis:look: :D

I've been drinking the carrot, apple, and ginger combo for quite some time now and my hair has been growing like weeds. I no longer take supplements and my hair is growing faster than when I was:D I can't wait to but my own juicer:p
Here I is! :lol:
It's good to know your hair is growing like weeds with this, JewelleNY. I have fresh ginger, apples and carrots but never thought about juicing them together. Sounds delicious in a spicy way, I'll have to try it. :lick:
I'm still sipping on my 2 ounces of carrot juice each day.

hi donot want to sound like a dummy but i cannot drink carrot juice it will not stay down :eek: but i found carrot pills at HERBAL EXTRACTS PLUS on the web u think this will work i can eat carrots but the juice is another thing have not try it with apple just would like some in put thank u

Isis said:
Here I is! :lol:
It's good to know your hair is growing like weeds with this, JewelleNY. I have fresh ginger, apples and carrots but never thought about juicing them together. Sounds delicious in a spicy way, I'll have to try it. :lick:
I'm still sipping on my 2 ounces of carrot juice each day.
Hi Isis!
The combination is great and today I had what they call a "morning cleanser" which is carrot, apple, ginger, and beets:D It was very good. The apple helps sweeten the drink and the beets are good for the blood.:)

JewelleNY said:
Hi Isis!
The combination is great and today I had what they call a "morning cleanser" which is carrot, apple, ginger, and beets:D It was very good. The apple helps sweeten the drink and the beets are good for the blood.:)
That sounds good too. I need to juice beets again, it's been a while. You're right, it's good for the blood (makes the urine red too! ). :)

Hey all, I started back to juicing this week as well. I was just thinking of starting a thread....shoulda known there was one already! I love, love carrot and apple. That is what I mainly drink, but sweet orange and beet is delicious as well. I've never juiced greens. Anyone know of a good combination with greens?

Newbie checking in! I am in on this! I already started this a week ago. Have'n't turned organge yet, or noticed anything different but time will tell! I love the taste of carrot juice. It's like a sweet treat in the day rather than having something sugary! Thanks for starting this challenge! :)

I'm definitely going to give this a try....Carrots/Carrot juice produces great results in one's Hair AND Skin...now that's a Plus!

I'm going to the grocery store today!:grin:

Back