New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

I'm currently wearing a micro sew in...sew in in the back and I have micros in the front. I tried to wear my hair out in the front and I just didn't like the two textures. I like the micro sew in bc my hair is still protected. I've attached a pic of how it looks right now.

WOW!!! That really looks pretty!!! I like That!!!!!

I meant to do this yesterday but...

I'm 1 year post relaxer!!!!!!!
:grin::bouncegre:dance7::band2::band::clapping: :yay::bouncy:

My hair is hovering just above APL and has been for months now. So I'm going to get it cut to SL and then maintain that length until I'm finally all natural.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYY!!!!

I meant to do this yesterday but...

I'm 1 year post relaxer!!!!!!!
:grin::bouncegre:dance7::band2::band::clapping: :yay::bouncy:

My hair is hovering just above APL and has been for months now. So I'm going to get it cut to SL and then maintain that length until I'm finally all natural.

:waytogo::urock: Congrats!

I think I'm gonna start cowashing daily now that my hair is in cornrows for the next 10 weeks. DC on weekends. Shampoo 2x a month

14 months post..next week. I just clipped again. About 1 inch in the top. I only have a few strings left...lol, since I now have more natural hair than relaxed hair..my braidouts aren't turning out as defined as I like them. Its more fro-ish with a little curl. My BFF suggested that I blow my hair out then do the braidout so I'll be trying that tonight.

All is still well..:)

I flat ironed last week, then flat ironed again on Friday (on freshly washed hair). I decided to bun this week so I co-washed yesterday. Now the left side of my hair seems to have more frizz than curl. Do you ladies think my hair might be heat damaged? I use protectant ANYTIME I blowdry and/or flatiron. I literally cried yesterday (yes real tears). I have come too far to have messed up my hair. I will post pics tonight of my naked hair. :( I'm sad about this thing.

^^^maybe a good DC will help revive your hair after being flat ironed twice in such a short period of time. Do you normally straighten it that often?

^^^maybe a good DC will help revive your hair after being flat ironed twice in such a short period of time. Do you normally straighten it that often?

Thanks Name twin :D I am planning to steam tonight. I stretched flat ironing for 3 weeks recently. Most recently I've been doing one week ON and one week off :grin:. I didn't notice any negative change. This week I flatironed twice because I was going out and wanted fresh, sexy hair.

I was talking to my hair Nikki, do you hear me, TALKING TO MY HAIR :lachen::lachen:

^^^ LOL! Me and my hair have had a few talks especially this early on in my transition. Had to let it know who's boss around here :lachen:

i've been wearing twistouts A LOT lately...

08031001-vi.jpg

and my hair is BSB near BSL

that and just keeping the twists in and rockn a headtie :perplexed
i can't wait till i can put senegalese twists back in. i may do them myself, but i like how neat they look when i get them professionally done :look:

i am 57 weeks post!!
i want to transition 2.5-3years
so we shall seeeee

Last edited:
My curls are screaming at me..."Let us out, Let us out". There is so much happening on the inside of my hair I don't know what to do.

I keep thinking "Why am going through all this headache just to end up cutting my relaxed hair off anyway?".It's weird cause I fee like my relaxed hair isn't my "real" hair anymore. Do you guys feel like that?

I need some serious scissor control ladies or I feel that I might just give in to the temptation.

I'm back ya'll...and i'm excited!!!:yep:

I am on my way to almost 4 months post and my hair is behaving:D

Okay....so here i am....SmilingElephant.....i REALLY REALLY am ready for this.....what product would you recommend for me to get through the next 3 months??

Like what shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer?

^^^Great moisturizing conditioner for cowashing(I prefer Suave Humectant), light leave-in conditioner, and A GOOD MOISTURIZING SPRAY! people swear by S-Curl and Hawaiian Silky. I use a little CFC Instant Moisturizer and water myself and a little IC gel to get my NG to slick down for buns and phony ponys.

Im a little over 22 weeks post or over 5 months and I am feeling a little discouraged. Before I was in braids my new growth was nice, soft ansd managable. I took out my baids my hair was dry ans rough. I did a 2 minute and my hair seems to be 100% better:grin:. I guess thats what my hair needed. Anyways, I am looking at all my new growth and wondering :scratchch, what qwill my hair look like once im natural. I cant help but to wonder, am I a 4a, b, 3c. Im going nuts....:whyme: I wonder if any of you ladies are concerned about how your natural curl pattern is.....I dont know if Im nervous or excited....

However, Im still in:grin:..... Im not giving up on my quest to becoming natural!!!

^^^I've been anxious to figure out my curl pattern since I first started sprouting them. They look 3c/4a to me, but you really won't be able to know until you BC and that SUCKS! its a lonnnnnnng time from now :lachen: I'm only 16 weeks post tomorrow. Lord help me.

Okay....so here i am....SmilingElephant.....i REALLY REALLY am ready for this.....what product would you recommend for me to get through the next 3 months??

You may not have to change your products at all. I def haven't bought anything new to cater specifically to my transitioning hair. Just try what you have and see how it works for you. But if it helps, I use Nexxus Therappe and an ayurvedic shampoo, lekair cholesterol and aohsr to condition, and diluted vo5 with oil as a leave in.

^^^Great moisturizing conditioner for cowashing(I prefer Suave Humectant), light leave-in conditioner, and A GOOD MOISTURIZING SPRAY! people swear by S-Curl and Hawaiian Silky. I use a little CFC Instant Moisturizer and water myself and a little IC gel to get my NG to slick down for buns and phony ponys.
HATE THAT STUFF! lol

Im a little over 22 weeks post or over 5 months and I am feeling a little discouraged. Before I was in braids my new growth was nice, soft ansd managable. I took out my baids my hair was dry ans rough. I did a 2 minute and my hair seems to be 100% better:grin:. I guess thats what my hair needed. Anyways, I am looking at all my new growth and wondering :scratchch, what qwill my hair look like once im natural. I cant help but to wonder, am I a 4a, b, 3c. Im going nuts....:whyme: I wonder if any of you ladies are concerned about how your natural curl pattern is.....I dont know if Im nervous or excited....

However, Im still in:grin:..... Im not giving up on my quest to becoming natural!!!

I'm not particular concerned about it because I know my hair type but I am anxious to see my curlies aaalll by themselves!

^^^I've been anxious to figure out my curl pattern since I first started sprouting them. They look 3c/4a to me, but you really won't be able to know until you BC and that SUCKS! its a lonnnnnnng time from now :lachen: I'm only 16 weeks post tomorrow. Lord help me.

Whoop whoop 16 weeks!!:grin:

Hi ladies haven't been on here in a minute. I'm 8 months post and I decided to do a little trim and it turned out great, No more straggly hair!!!

Congrats Divinr Favor on your BC!!!

To all the ladies who have reached one milestone or the other congatulations!!!

Whoop whoop 16 weeks!!:grin:

I'm so happy to hit this point, but I think this is when it starts to go downhill for most people lol. I'm gonna rely on braids, wigs and sew-ins from here on out. I'm tempted to take these braids out now b/c they are loose as H-E-Double hockey sticks :lachen:

As soon as I get a little extra money, I'm going to pick up some Carol's Daughter's Hair Milk (Curl Booster and Curl Definer). I tried a bit of it while I visited Sephora. I applied some on my wet bun and the frizz was tamed.

My curls are screaming at me..."Let us out, Let us out". There is so much happening on the inside of my hair I don't know what to do.

I keep thinking "Why am going through all this headache just to end up cutting my relaxed hair off anyway?".It's weird cause I fee like my relaxed hair isn't my "real" hair anymore. Do you guys feel like that?

I need some serious scissor control ladies or I feel that I might just give in to the temptation.

You're ticker says that you are 1 day since BC.... So I guess you gave in to the temptation?! Congratulations!! :yay:

I agree with the other ladies. Use what you got. I'm 13 months post and have been using what I already have because I was becoming a PJ. Currently, I use an ayurvedic rinse for a shampoo, condition with HE Hello Hydration, DC with ORS replenishing pack, use Beyond the Zone Last Call for my leave-in and my moisturizer is Hawaiian Silky and sometimes Elasta QP mango butter.

I'm so happy to hit this point, but I think this is when it starts to go downhill for most people lol. I'm gonna rely on braids, wigs and sew-ins from here on out. I'm tempted to take these braids out now b/c they are loose as H-E-Double hockey sticks :lachen:

Congratulations on 16 weeks!! You can do it. Sounds like you got the HYH thing down! :yep:

I didn't update last week, but I'm 58 wks post today! I've been giving a considerable amount of thought to a 2 year transition. I guess I'll go to 18 months and see how far I can go from that point.

Okay, so I gave in to temptation and went ahead and BC. I went over to my mom's house and just let here do the deed. I had to start it for her and cut off enough so that she would have to cut it. She first thought that I was crazy, but after it was all done, she liked it. After years of listening to her tell me that I need a touch-up whenever she sees NG, I now get to listen to her tell me how to take care of my natural hair.

Anyways... Can I say "I LOVE MY HAIR!!!". There are some serious clumps of curls going on. I'm still trying to figure out my hair type. I'm 4-something, but we shall see as time goes on.

Thanks ladies for all the help during the 4 mo transition. I really appreciate it. Hope that you guys last a bit longer than me. Off to play in the newly natural thread. Yay me!!

I know, right?!:lachen:I don't know about this HYH thing! I get an itch about every 2-3 months to see my length!

You and me both! That's why I'm having such a hard time with these braids. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I got them done and they're driving me banana hammock. I can see the NG and I'm dying to baby it :lachen:. JJamiah wants me to hold on while she has hers in so I'm gonna TRY to stick with it.

Back