New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

I heard the same thing about this and when I tried it did nothing.. Not sure if I didn't use enough but I thought I did.. HE Hydralicious worked better than this did for me.. I might need to re-visit this.. I think I read on the bottle that it works great as a Dc on dry hair..maybe I need to try that

Well if it didn't work for you then I def wouldn't repurchase or anything. I didn't use alot and it worked. Hydralicious is good but I dont use cones unless I'm using heat so I really loved this. I just used it as a co-wash but I heard alot of people don't really like it. Stick to the Hydralicious..it's cheaper!

I took my cornrow extensions out on Thursday. I am seriously thinking of doing the big chop this weekend. I am almost 8 months (August 5th will make 8 months) post relaxer. I'm a little afraid though of how a TWA is going to look on my big head! LOL!!

Ladies, when you dc or co-wash do you focus on the NG in the same manner as the ends, for softer growth results? I find myself doing this a lot. I am wondering if I'm the only one.

When I pre-poo I make sure you get my new growth really good but when I co-wash, it's kind of hard to focus on the ng without getting it on my scalp.

I have officially become a hair addict. I now find myself checking every hair that I find in my comb when I do anything with my hair to see if it has a pulp at the end. My boyfriend can't figure out why I'm so obsessed with hair now.

I think about BC-ing almost every day now and the only thing that keeps the scissors away is seeing some of the BC's that don't go as planned because people were impatient.

I NEVER used to be like this. A ponytail and some hair clips were all my head ever saw. Now it's twistouts, braidouts and buns. Hair being washed ever other week to almost every other day. It's crazy.

Please tell me that I haven't lost my ever-loving mind. I can't be alone. I'm thinking kinky-twists will have to go in before I go crazy.

Okay...now that I've vented, on the upside of this, I did make it 4 months so far. Just 14 more months to go. :nono:

lol I was obsessed like that when I first found the hair boards. It went away though. I know longer by new products and I don't check through my hairs to see if it was shedded or breakage lol I just do what I can to keep the hair on my head and I've finally found all my staples

:hiya2: SherylsTresses finally checking in at 1 year post...!!! Thanks to all my transitioning sistas and LHCF of course.

:thumbsup::band2::band::cheers::rosebud::clapping::orders::clap::bouncegre:woot::bouncy::bouncegre: :gorgeous: :blowkiss::Copy of 2cool::lots::love4::rocker::bounceline::sunshine: :superbanana:

^^^ I know I overdid it but I've waited a long time to submit this post.

Last edited:
Ladies, when you dc or co-wash do you focus on the NG in the same manner as the ends, for softer growth results? I find myself doing this a lot. I am wondering if I'm the only one.

I do this too.:grin:
For a little bit I found myself neglecting my relaxed hair all together since I know I will be chopping it off anyways. However, that led to breakage and a small trim. Now I'm back to babying my ends (moisturize and seal, baggying). I'm playing favorites I know; I'm so in love with my NG!!

I do this too.:grin:
For a little bit I found myself neglecting my relaxed hair all together since I know I will be chopping it off anyways. However, that led to breakage and a small trim. Now I'm back to babying my ends (moisturize and seal, baggying). I'm playing favorites I know; I'm so in love with my NG!!

haha! I can't help but touch my NG all the time! I'm not playing favorites, though. Since I'm doing a super long-term transition, I have to tend to both textures equally.

I can see now that this install is NOT gonna make it to October :lachen:

The braids are able to lift up more and more everyday. Just bananas. Gonna have to stick to phony ponys and buns.

my curlies are bustin out of the braids I have right now on the back of my neck. They REFUSE to be contained :lachen:

So... I HAVE to braid my hair at night... its not an option if I don't I wake up with dreads... I hope detangling isn't this hard being all natural...

I flat ironed my hair Sunday and it looks nice. :gorgeous: It's now touching BSL. My question is do you transitioners loose a lot of hair when flat ironing? Or is it just me? I am extremely gentle. I airdry, finger detangle, wide tooth detangle, then fine tooth detangle, then chase my Chi with the wide tooth twice. I lose the same amount when I use my maxiglide too. :ohwell:

Lemme guess, I should totally avoid the fine tooth, right? Ladies please chime in. :perplexed

Ohhhh not too far away! How long is your NG? I want it to be at least to SL before I BC but Lord knows how long that'll take :lachen:

I'm so ready to be done with this transition....but my NG is 6 inches now but with shrinkage its looks more like 2-3 inches:spinning:

I'm going to come out of lurkdom and join in here:hiya2:. I just passed the 10 month mark since my last relaxer. I am wanting to do a long transition, at least 18 months ... but I have been itching to cut this past month especially. My sister has to hide the scissors! I just want to see MY hair, I am already so much in love with it :love:

Ok, so I decided to measure my NG thanks to NikkiQ and I have about 3+ different lengths throughout my head. The very front is the shortest at about 4-5", middle and the back are the same at - 6-7". I will definitely not be BCing anytime soon I will have a serious mullet.

Ok, so I decided to measure my NG thanks to NikkiQ and I have about 3+ different lengths throughout my head. The very front is the shortest at about 4-5", middle and the back are the same at - 6-7". I will definitely not be BCing anytime soon I will have a serious mullet.

my bad! :look:

Are you still shooting to BC in 5 months?

my bad! :look:

Are you still shooting to BC in 5 months?

It's cool girl I just never thought about doing it until you mentioned it. I definitely think I will go until 18 months, but I'm constantly thinking I can make 2yrs. I want to enjoy my hair when its warm and I will be PS during the colder months. I figure hey I might as well wait unit next July anyway if I wil be hiding my hair.

Back